ORAS Ubers Blue Force (32-4)

ART BY NicoReaper

PROVE OF THE PEAK

INTRODUCTION
Hello Ubers Comunity, Im EG Jhonx and im here featuring my new Hyper Offense creation, I've been playing this generation from the start and I've faced the constant evolution of the metagame, so I think its time to post one of my first "Good" Hyper Offense teams, I built this when I was joking with darrell1297 on the Ubers room, Peaking top lot of times with different Playstyles, so lets check the team.

TEAM BUILDING PROGRESS

I choosed Garchomp because breaks stall, checks Primal Groudon and KO Salamence with Draco Meteor, most of the times in my experience, Salamence enter in to field to Intimidate the foe's because his Bulk and no one expect a mix Garchomp, also this mon can kill Ferrothorn and Ho Oh thanks to his moveset.

(Didn't found a cool Pdon sprite)
Primal Groudon is a good partner for Garchomp Mega, because Garchomp type is weak to Fairy types, so Primal Groudon is one of the best ways to stop Fairy types like Xerneas, Clefable, etc.

I added Arceus Normal to revenge kill some mons and to sweep dancing, as my Ekiller slot.

I was weak to Dark types like Defensive Yveltal, Darkrai, etc. So my best choice was Xerneas Scarf because it let me outspeed things making a lot of damage and pressure.

I need a dark type for Ghostceus and Gengar, also a thing that kill Mewtwo and other stuff.

I needed a Arceus Normal check and a defoger slot, Giratina Origin have both.

DETAILED ROLES

Garchomp-Mega @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge

Garchomp Mega is a nice stallbreaker, have good Atk base without evs and a good special atk too, the speed base is not too fast, but helps a lot because can outspeed both primals and some defensive stuff like Ho-Oh, Giratina, Blissey, Etc, Fire Blast is here to kill steel types like Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Scizor. Stone edge helps agaisnt Ho Oh and Draco Meteor is the STAB to KO dragons like Latios, Salamence and non bulky dragon types, Earthquake is the Physical stab for dialga and Pdon.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

This set is made for Xerneas under Geomancy Effect, Thunder Wave helps me to stop the speed of Xerneas, Mewtwo, and fast stuff, Lava Plume by other side can help me burn Arceus, Salamence, Giratina and physical stuff that can hurt, Stealth Rocks are obligatory on this metagame because Lugia Multiscale, focus sash, etc and Precipice Blades a powerful stab that can break most of the teams.

Arceus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Recover

Ekiller its very useful because on this team most of the times Garchomp dont KO the opposing pokemon, but they survive with a bit of life, so Ekiller can enter and revenge kill them, also Lum Berry helps to antilead darkrai and stop things like Giratina-O burn / toxic and Lugia Toxic, Recover is obligatory on Bulky sets like this Arceus, because can tank other Ekillers at +2 and can boost easy agaisnt other mons at full life.

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Sleep Talk
-

Xerneas, my fairy type, My darkrai check and my Yveltal Check, also helps agaisnt Dragon types like Dragon Arceus and Giratina-O, Choice scarf let me outspeed Deoxys-Attack, Mewtwo, and fast stuff like darkrai, which is very useful on this HO, helping keep pressure and making good damage to th opposing team, Sleep talk helps me agaisnt darkrai because i can enter on a dark void and automatically will spam Moonblast under Sleep Talk Effect.

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Yveltal "YGOD", My stallbreaker #1, Knock Off helps me destroy Blissey, Ho-Oh, Lugia, etc, Dark Pulse is STAB with Life Orb Bonus, abusing of a lot of power to destroy and damage, Oblivion Wing is obligatory to recover Yveltal and it doesnt do bad damage, Sucker Punch help me finish things that dont have priority like Gengar Mega, Mewtwo Y, Arceus-Ghost and its my Lugia Check, which is a threat if its not handled well.

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake

Giratina Origin is here to stop opposing ekillers, Some Salamence boosted and its my defoger, helping me cleaning the field agaisnt Balanced teams, Will o Wisp reduces the Atk from opposing threats, Earthquake help me hit hard diancie, Groudon and steel types and Draco Meteor is to Kill Salamence Mega, can be used Dragon Tail over Draco Meteor but i prefer Draco Meteor for damage and some calcs i did agaisnt Primal Groudon.

THREATS

From what i've been using this team this team have the next threats.

Lugia can destroy my team if Yveltal dies, because Toxic Stall damages the team and the other slots cant do nothing agaisnt this, maybe Arceus can handle it, but i've seen some gimmick xerneas with reflect (stupid set for my eyes).

Arceus Ice is annoying, no one uses it, but give serious problems to the team at +1 (Calm Mind), at +2 would be Unstoppable.

Rest Sleep Talk Geomancy is really a threat to this team, because nothing can stop it, a good choice is run Roar Primal Groudon, but that dont mean u are safe, all that enters in is KO'd (Thanks Arii Stella for remember me the weakness)

This Pokemon 2HKO all the members of this team, because i dont have switch in and Arceus dont have Earthquake, this thing is the most dangerous thread like Geomancy Xerneas (Thanks Fireburn)

I dont have switchs in for Choice Banded set, can be handled hard, if its LO Recover u are dead.

Shoutouts:
Thanks to EG team friend who helped me a bit with this team, they didnt think this HO would work but it did, Thanks to darrell1297 who gave me idea when he was joking with me, and thanks to Dominatio who helped me a lot testing different sets on this team, I'm sorry if someone isnt named here, im a bit tired right now and i wasnt able to remember all the people that helped me on this squad.

IMPORTABLE
Garchomp-Mega @ Garchompite
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Sleep Talk
-

Arceus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Recover

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake

I did some changes after read the people suggestions, like add threats and change Garchomp ability, thanks for read!​

Last edited:
From my calcs, your Yveltal fails to 2hko standard unboosted defensive Lugia, which means that it can just roost back lost health. Furthermore, are three dark type moves really necessary?

I would suggest Mega-Gengar as a Lugia check, using taunt to prevent it from recovering, and then just spamming shadow ball. You could also use it to trap other enemy walls, and force trades with destiny bond.

By the way, your Xerneas only has two moves. If this is intentional, having Moon Blast as your sole attacking move leaves Xerneas fairly useless against anything that resists fairy. I would recommend Thunder and Focus Blast as your other moves. If Sleep talk picks Focus Blast, it will still ohko. Thunder will do around 70%. Normally, switching a Xerneas into a Dark Void immediately broadcasts a sleep talk set, so be careful. (Ignore this if the two moves is a mistake)

Last edited:
From my calcs, your Yveltal fails to 2hko standard unboosted defensive Lugia, which means that it can just roost back lost health. Furthermore, are three dark type moves really necessary?

I would suggest Mega-Gengar as a Lugia check, using taunt to prevent it from recovering, and then just spamming shadow ball. You could also use it to trap other enemy walls, and force trades with destiny bond.

By the way, your Xerneas only has two moves. If this is intentional, having Moon Blast as your sole attacking move leaves Xerneas fairly useless against anything that resists fairy. I would recommend Thunder and Focus Blast as your other moves. If Sleep talk picks Focus Blast, it will still ohko. Thunder will do around 70%. Normally, switching a Xerneas into a Dark Void immediately broadcasts a sleep talk set, so be careful. (Ignore this if the two moves is a mistake)
Hi thnx for the suggestions but Mega just make the team weaker to Primal Groudon, letting it play and Klefki have more change to status my team.
3 Dark types on Yveltal is necesary because i can control opposing xerneas that geo in that turn, hitting Knock off first, Oblivion later and kill with sucker, also Blissey dont walls me.
And Xerneas run these only 2 moves because all i need on that is hit Moonblast.

Good day ^_^

Hey pup!:heart:
I really like how you are always being creative and building funny teams and this one is not an exception.
I wouldn't consider your team as a HO, it's more of a Bulky Offense because of Defog Bulk Giratina and Special Defense PDon.
Btw, looking at your team I noticed some small mistakes that you made. For example:
  • Sand Veil Garchomp without a mon with Sand Stream. I would not run SV if you don't have the weather to make the ability work.
  • You forgot to add Rest Xerneas on your threat list, this set has became popular and I think it's the most used, and unfortunately it's a really big threat for your team.
Suggestions~
  • If you wanna conserve Sand Veil, replace Tyranitar over Yveltal! If you do this, you won't need PDon as Stealth Rock setter and Paradancer PDon is a nice option + it gives offense. If you don't like this suggestion you should probably change Chomp's ability.
  • Rest Xerneas is a threat (as I said), so a really nice check for this is Ho-Oh. It also fits well in your team this means you wouldn't need Scarf Xerneas anymore.
Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 104 HP / 200 Atk / 104 SpD / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
- Thunder Wave

Tyranitar @ Shuca Berry / Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Foul Play
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Wave

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Atk / 52 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

That's all, good luck with your team friend! :)

e. Your picture is broken D:

Last edited:

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
There's a couple other weaknesses you didn't mention:

Offensive Fairies are painful. Mega Diancie in particular is a huge threat to this team. It 2HKOes everything and gets pretty good chances to switch-in against Giratina-O and Yveltal. Your Arceus is the only Pokemon that can take more than 2 hits but it is slower and can't hurt Diancie much without boosts. Revenge killing with Xerneas is your only realistic option, but difficult since it can't switch-in. Xerneas also has a fair chance to sweep if it sets up on Giratina-O and Groudon is weakened, but it isn't as immediately threatening as Mega Diancie is.

Ho-Oh is also a rather large threat, it walls Giratina/Xerneas/Groudon and you have no switch-ins to CB Brave Bird. If they manage to Defog successfully you're going to be in trouble.

You're going to have a very difficult time beating any kind of stall due to this team's Lugia issues. Yveltal is the only Pokemon that can defeat it, but your particular set is hardwalled by Tyranitar.

I know Mega Garchomp is the centerpiece of the team and I'm technically not supposed to call for its replacement, but...I really don't see what it brings to the table over Rayquaza or even Palkia, both medium speed Dragon nukes that bring more to the table defensively than Mega Garchomp with even more destructive power, and neither requires the Mega slot. I would even argue a regular ol' SD Garchomp is better because of its higher Speed. Dropping Garchomp for Mixed/Jolly Band Rayquaza and using SD Ground Arceus over EKiller gives you a significantly better matchup against stall while also fixing your Diancie weakness. I would also probably use Bronzong or Klefki somewhere since a lot of your issues (Lugia, Diancie) stem from having no Steel-type.

I don't really know what else to suggest without replacing a bunch of stuff. If you really wanna try to use Mega Garchomp in a way it isn't outclassed you will probably have to restructure the team to incorporate Tyranitar so you can abuse sand. (I wouldn't go with Arii's changes word for word though since it actually makes the Diancie weakness worse, sorry bud!)

Thanks for sharing though and good luck with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)