Big Build Your Own Mafia - Game Over! 43 Winners: Vanillas, DTC, Ditto!

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
3AM PST, closer to zorbees’ wake up time rather than bedtime:

Jalmont returns to the room with several bowls of popcorn and distributes them to the bleary-eyed onlookers, unable to sleep over the ongoing racket.

UncleSam and Yeti stand in the middle of the room, screaming at each other over a mafia game, as usual.

“This” “NAZI” “role” “NAZI” “does” “NAZI” “not” “NAZI” “make” “NAZI” “sense.” “NAZI.”

It is clear said argument has been going on all night. Finally, one man has had enough. Walrein stands up, throwing his hands over his ears, screaming in emotional agony:

“Mom, dad, STOP! You’re tearing this family apart with your arguing!”

Most everyone in the room nods in agreement. Walrein pulls out his application for moderatorship and polishes it, preparing to make a profound speech for peace to enthrall everyone.

He is cut off as UncleSam refuses to accept any blame in this:

“I did nothing wrong.”

“HITLER DID NOTHING WRONG.”

Counters Yeti, mocking his egotistical tone.

UncleSam glares, he’s had enough of this feminine insolence.

“Mills, bring out the infraction.”

Suddenly jumpluff lunges forward, bashing their walker into billymills as he attempts to approach:

“DON’T TALK TO ME OR MY THUG EVER AGAIN.”

Jumpluff stares down all the cishet scum in the room and snaps their fingers:

“LightWolf, take care of this stemlord.”

LightWolf surges towards UncleSam and tackles him, screeching in his distinctive Hungarian accent:

“YOU DON’T DESERVE HER!”

This infuriates UncleSam who cannot handle such a claim:

“I DO, TOO. YOU DON’T. GOOSE RAPIST.”

They squabble in a petty power struggle on the floor while Yeti looks on, pleased.

Paperblade can’t handle this anymore:

“STOP. STOP FIGHTING, STOP YELLING, JUST STOP IT. THIS IS A GAME, WE’RE SUPPOSED TO HAVE FUN.”

Everyone stops, silently pondering this statement. Slowly, the Stockholm Syndromed members of Circus Maximus nod in agreement and all come together in a circle, holding hands and singing happy Who songs like they do in Whoville.

And then Thetwinmasters ruins it:

“I just don’t see why Walrein keeps putting these OP roles into his games but never on my team…”

And chaos breaks out again.

Welcome to Build Your Own Mafia, a game where the roles are made up and the post restrictions definitely matter.

Expect the unexpected. Expect shenanigans. Expect chaos. Expect to have fun. But don’t expect to rage at the host or anyone else about this game, because YOU helped design it!

POST RESTRICTIONS:

This is a post restriction game, which means that all of you will be sent a PR you MUST follow in ALL of your posts. You are also obligated to make at least one post per cycle or you will be godkilled. The PR could be something like "pretend you are Russian" and you would have to post as if you were Russian.

SIDE COMPETITION ONE:

Whoever can PM me with a list of all other users' PRs first will be a winner of the game, regardless of if their team wins or loses. Since the mafia have team PMs, I will allow you to have X wrong guesses, where X is the number of mafia who know their team's PRs. I will judge all guesses to the same degree of accuracy and if you got the gist. The "pretend you are Russian" PR could be "pretend you are Vladimir Putin" as a correct guess, but not "pretend you are European" as that is too general.

You may submit as many guesses as you like until someone wins. This is also why everyone has to post each cycle!

SIDE COMPETITION TWO:

After the game ends, we will take a vote on who had the best execution of their PR. Funniest, most dedicated, most accurate, etc. You cannot vote for yourself. Whoever is voted Best PR will be a winner of the game, regardless of if their team wins or loses.

RULES:

There will be aliases. There will be 1 for each player in the game unless a role requiring NPC aliases is submitted. Your alias is NOT your role name!

This will be a day/night game beginning on Night 0. Nights will last 48 hours, Days will last 48 hours to allow for people to post in. This is an OC game and you are welcome to discuss it beyond the confines of the game thread.

You may NOT paste any part of your Role PM, you may NOT make any screenshots of the conversation, you may NOT invite anyone to your Role PM conversation.

Thetwinmasters is the cohost for this game.

You may tell people about your role but again, you can't C/P things. This means no fakes are needed.

If you have an information role, the only thing you may C/P from your result is the WC. You may summarize the info you got from your role but you cannot C/P a full role PM when nobody could counter it.
Exception being items.

IRC channel is irc.synirc.net #BYO, you will find it helpful to join. If you make a channel for your faction, please invite me (Yeti) and Thetwinmasters (Twin). I don't officially condone using the PS! Circus Maximus channel over #BYO as I can't kick people from it if something starts going terribly wrong but you can talk there if you like. If you make a spreadsheet for your faction, please ask for my email and add me.

Submit all actions in your Role PM conversation as a new reply. No need for a new convo for each night. OR if I am on IRC as Yeti ONLY, you may submit there if I respond to your action with something along the lines of "k." If you don't get a response or I was on another nick I was probably AFK.

Lynches are every day, please bold your vote, format anything alias. Ties will result in a no lynch. The day will end after the set deadline or after a majority that cannot be contested on any one ALIAS and all living players have posted. You will vote for an alias to die, not a Smogon user name.

I do not give extensions for inactivity or idling scrubs, you all know this, the only reason an update would be delayed is if something came up irl for me. I will say in advance I am traveling back home June 24-July 5 so there may be an extended night cycle on June 26-29 where I will be at a camp and possibly unable to get on/update, TBA the internet circumstances at the camp.

No kills on N0. After that, expect anything.

Standard anti-clowning rules. You all should know the spirit of things by now, ask me if you need something clarified that's not explicitly said here.

There will be one village and two mafias unless the game size becomes so large I could feasibly do a third mafia. There may be roles submitted whose WCs make them neutrals and not a member of either team.

The village will be the Vanillas, a squadron of only the best idling vanilla towns.

Mafia 1 will be the Chocolates, definitely not vanillas!

Mafia 2 will be the Strawberries, also definitely not vanillas! Just fruits.

The playerlist will be RNGed so you will NOT be getting your own role unless the RNG blesses you. You may request to be village or mafia if you have a strong preference, but beyond that, you cannot submit an OP role and expect to get it to boost yourself.

You will be godkilled if you do not post at least once a cycle. People need to be able to guess your PR and you need to post in order to possibly be voted to win. This game encourages activity, shenanigans and fun.

Conversions ARE valid in this game. Your WC may not stay the same throughout.

There may be multiple winners depending on specific win conditions (not including Side Competitions 1 and 2). The game will end when there are no more conflicting win conditions (such as all else dead) alive in the game, or everyone has died.

Items will pass to the killer upon being nightkilled. Items may be passed at low priority.

You will be godkilled if you ask me about priority.

You may not tell anyone what role you submitted. This is to prevent easy cleaning by the village or the mafias knowing too many village roles if they can synthesize this information.

The Vanilla WC is: You win if the Chocolates, Strawberries and any hostile neutrals are eliminated.

PLAYER LIST
STILL IN THIS FARCE
  1. Blazade
  2. LightWolf
  3. Vanillish Wafer
  4. internet
  5. Alfa610
  6. Paperblade
  7. UncleSam
  8. Pidge
  9. phoenix
  10. DTC
  11. Asek
  12. penguin344
  13. Dullagamur
  14. kirsche
  15. Haruno
  16. King_
  17. jalmont
  18. jayelt413
  19. Flyhn
  20. Former Hope
  21. Spooked
  22. Memoric
  23. Ullar
  24. LonelyNess
  25. shade
  26. Whydon
  27. shukaba17
  28. bluedoom
  29. RBG
  30. Walrein
  31. askaninjask
  32. Hannahh
  33. Bass
  34. Steven Snype
  35. zorbees
  36. Nomark
  37. billymills
  38. Ditto
  39. Mages Vulpes
  40. AuntYeti
ALIASES
  1. PASTEBINEXPOSURE
  2. INFOONLYFACTION
  3. ONLYTAKEHALFTHEMAFIAACTIONS
  4. LONELYNESSAFKSFORFOOTBALL
  5. USERSONFINNRAGETTISPREADSHEET
  6. BASILISKTHEFASCIST / jalmont
  7. DIRECTPLAYERLISTCOPYPASTA
  8. D1NOCMISLYNCH
  9. ALIASORROLENAME
  10. COPYINGSANDSFORMATS
  11. 3UNITINGVILLAGES
  12. 2FREEZERS
  13. WALREINSVILLAGELEADERWINRATE
  14. ABANDONMAFIAFORLOL
  15. DEATHTHREATSOVERMAFIA
  16. ANTICONVERSIONSAFECLAIM
  17. MEKKAHMOLESABABBY
  18. PLUSLEWASREVEAL
  19. RAGESUBBING
  20. INSTAKILL
  21. SAMSHEETSAMOLE
  22. ASKANINJASKIDLING
  23. WATISPRIORITYTHO
  24. UNPOPULARFFAPLAYER
  25. VAMPIREMAFIA
  26. DELETEDGOOGLEDOCSSHEET
  27. WTF4ROGUES
  28. SCREENSHOTMYROLEPM
  29. HO-OHTHEVILLAGELEADER
  30. UNKILLABLELYNCHPIN
  31. BIASEDHOST
  32. PUTTHESQUADONMYBACK
  33. POSTGAMESALTMINE
  34. GIMPYMAFIA
  35. GAMEACKLOWHASFINISHED
  36. CHAINKIDNAP
  37. BIGSANDS
  38. ENTIRELYUNDESERVEDWOLFWIN
  39. HOSTDOESNTCARE
  40. DELAYEDUPDATE
  41. UNRESPONSIVETWINROLE
  42. ANY1OFTHE10HOSTMISTAKESPERGAME / Steven Snype
  43. Avernus
  44. Dis
  45. Erebus
DEAD
NEGLECTED#FLAMELPOPULATION / NPC / D1 Lynch
REQUESTINGVILLAGEWITHUNCLESAM / TheGooeyGastrodon / Coup / tl;dr role / Wolf / N1 Kill
UNLUCKYYETILIGHTWOLFTEAM / RODAN / Super Vanillager / Vanilla Winner + Alias Cop / Vanilla / N1 Kill
FARCEGAME / Spooked / Captain Ginyu / Ability Checker + Body Switcher / Vanilla / N1 Kill
2HEADEDORC / Mithril / Metagame Mafia Fan / Item Creator / Vanilla / N1 Kill
0VoteMayor / VeryPinkPancakes / Dungeon Master / Dice Roller / Vanilla / N1 Kill
vonFiedler / ??? / N1 Obliteration
Da Letter El / ??? / N1 Obliteration
BIGSANDS / Aura Guardian / UncleSam and Walrein's Zombie Lovechild / Cop + Vig Voter / Vanilla / N1 Godkill
POSTGAMESALTMINE / jumpluff / Cher / Lover / Vanilla / N1 Godkill

Role PMs are going out. Don't tell anyone what role you submitted.

You must post each cycle or you WILL be godkilled! You must follow your post restriction!

Night Zero will end in 48 hours at 4PM PST 6/21. Also join #BYO on IRC!

Last edited:

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I will be leading these geese mafiAs, I am a good role for leader, to be divulged later, probably endgAme, and have the role name Lugia

mAfia send me their anonymous geese contact names ASAP or you will be regretting choice later, that you cAn be sure of, though not by my hAnds sadly, and that you should have reAlized. if you're willing to tell me general reAlm of roles (info, control, protective) thAn I can give good tArgets, with minimum of risk, i expect villagers Among you will cry but i'm not bluffing, no, aren't you precious, you think this is a joke, no, this is a game of chicken and i'm driving my truck directly into Walrein's car unless he gets out of my way.

tl;dr I'm leading send me anonymous contact names asap tyty, especially the host of this game, who is not from wartorn eastern european communism, I need green card on girl, pls mArry, I will treAt nicer than geese I sWeAr. ayy alA mAyo

-US the Stoopid

UncleSam

Leading this village
6 AM EST is often closer to my bedtime lol
mAybe you're next day bedtime, not your bedtime lAst day, thAt's for sure, eArly to bed eArly to rise makes geese bits also rise, or something, i fOrget how the saying goes

host plS conSider my prOposal i Must escApe thiS plAce

-US the Stoopid

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hi guys here's an explanation of aliases since there wasn't one in the op. My bad!

Aliases are alternate identifies that the roles in this game will target instead of smogon usernames. They are not smogon accounts.

You will send in your action targeting an alias off the list in the op. You will die if your alias is killed not your smogon name.

This allows you to hide if you are mafia or a neutral and not die immediately upon being found.

You don't need to do anything with your alias except be cautious with sharing it with anyone!

An unstable place, with volatile rule. Physical examinations have determined abnormally high concentrations of sodium and resulting nervous discharges as a possible cause for this mercurial power structure. We have here a record of a subject in the wild, declaring himself monarch pending a coup d'etat. It seems from this subject's diaries, which I retrieved from the wrecks of a nearby prison (of note -- various machine parts were found rusting in the walls?), that they had fallen from disfavour with the current reign and perceived a threat to his life in lieu of any alliances. It remains to be told whether the people, as burned as the curious vehicle-like relics unearthed by years of false rule, followed this particular whim. Were times troubled due to scarcity? Could the scarcity of food be responsible for this nutrient-driven depravity? It seems unlikely in this case, as the subject was an avid attendee of the notoriously elite dining establishment, Chuck E. Cheese.

I have in fact here entries from the diary documenting almost daily visits to Chuck E. Cheese's, although there is little of a primary source with regard to the Circus itself: a few scribbles about a Mafia Mafia, never again touched. Perhaps an embarrassing incident, or a great tragedy? Did a gang war break out in the factional chaos of Circus Maximus? I have set my interns to transcribing his strange script.

I d-dont have a clue what to sa-y (or how :( )
But I'm singing so whatever
As we're starting this g-ame
I feel like I'll fail for ever
(I don't know what I'm meant to do for my PR thing, so I'm just doing it as a generic song/poem which you have to find the tune to in your head because I'm not saying what it's supposed to be. It's what you put on chips, btw)

UncleSam

Leading this village
i was not jokIng btw, no, not even clOse, mAfia contact mE regArding the burniNg of villAges

once the villAge is burned, yOu see, i cAn escApe this wartorN lAnd wIth my on truE e-girl, tHe hoSt of thiS game

-US the Stoopid

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Ahhhhh chuuuuuuuuuuuuu chuuuuuuuuuuu trainnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
all aboard the ahhhh chuuuuuuuuuu chuuuuuuuuu trainnnnnnnnnnnnnn
hah chu, hah chu, hah chu.

I LOVE NYANNERS!!!!!!!!! ONLY 3D GIRL I ACCEPT HAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH CHUUUU U GET IT?????????????????????????!???????!?!??!!!!!!!!!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)