Enchanted Items [Now Multibility]

I think Specially Defensive Unaware Umbreon is the only substantial, reliable check to it
Assuming Pz lacks HP fighting, this is correct. Without HP fighting, TTar is actually a decent switch in as well.

252+ SpA Adaptability Porygon-Z Hidden Power Fighting vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Umbreon: 180-212 (45.6 - 53.8%) -- 34.4% chance to 2HKO
the timid version needs rocks up:
252 SpA Adaptability Porygon-Z Hidden Power Fighting vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Umbreon: 164-196 (41.6 - 49.7%) -- 84% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Edit: As of now, I am not aware of a switch in to the following set on stealth rocks:
Shadow Ball / HP Fighting / Psyshock / [anything that hits mandibuzz for neutral damage]

The bolt beam set is arguably better because it has better super effective coverage and forces more switches. Bulky psychic types like Mew or Cresselia can switch in though.

--

Edit2: As for Dnite, the DDD set (defensive dragon dance) is interesting because it beats most of the common counters. Rotom-w, Lando-t, Clefable and Ferrothorn can't stop it.

Also, watch this replay from turn 80 (it breaks a Milotic with 1.5x defense and Haze / Ice Beam):
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/enchanteditems-398775837

Last edited:
I have been using this Swoobat.
It's hard to set it up but it's very good when it manages to...

Swoonbird (Swoobat) (F) @ Dusk Ball
Ability: Simple
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Heat Wave
- Air Slash
- Stored Power

The female is just for random.

I stand corrected.

Nothing is a reliable stall-type check/counter to Protean Porygon-Z.

... lovely.

---------------

Volt Absorb Skarmory is surprisingly effective -for whatever reason, most Magnet Pullers, even aside from Magnezone, are going to hit Skarmory with Electric moves, allowing it to Whirlwind them out and now you're on guard against future attempts to trap Skarmory, even if they carry other moves that can break Skarmory. It can also be used to tank momentum on Volt Switchers and of course leaves Skarmory with only a weakness to Fire, so it's pretty decent in general.

Unaware Slowbro is an astonishingly useful Physical wall, much more reliable than I was expecting when I first implemented it, and it consistently checks or counters a number of foes. Most run Psyshock, but I've gotten a surprising amount of use out of Future Sight -it lets it put in work even on switch-ins like Blissey that laugh off all its direct attacks, and with some careful maneuvering can push an unwary foe into a situation where a preferred switch-in will be KOed by Future Sight, potentially allowing a safe switch-in that would otherwise be unsafe, because you anticipate the foe switching in Blissey/their Dark type 'mon.

I've also enjoyed Magic Bounce Hippowdon. Part of this is Smooth Rock, due to coding quirks not yet corrected, retains its benefit to Sandstorm's duration. The primary motivation is just that it's good. It's good at turning Landorus-Therian, Skarmory, and a few other less prominent Pokemon into basically momentum sinks. It also has secondary utilities of various sorts -for instance, it can turn an attempt by Talonflame to drop a Will O Wisp on it into a wasted turn. Originally I ran Magic Bounce Skarmory, actually, but I found that the meta shifted so that a lot of Stealth Rock setters that were popular were just not safe to switch into at all, especially as Magnet Pull rose in commonality. Hippowdon can struggle to switch into some of them anyway -Heatran is risky, for instance, particularly if it's Desolate Land, but even if it's not- but has been a much more consistent contributor than Skarmory was, in terms of Magic Bounce utility.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
ive been using sturdy+bounce lvl 1 nosepass, and allthough its nothing more then a stupid gimmick, its win rate is actually pretty consistant(im literally undefeated with it.. 0-9), and its very hard for offense to take down with seed/hazard support, and with smooth rock, it can set up its own sandstorm, AND bounce away methods usually used to stop it. on top of that, seed support allows nosepass to switch in and counter stuff like porygon, dnite. struggles with exca, but nothing intim lando cant fix. hazard support forces it to run priority defog though. do i think its a godset that everyone should abuse? hell no, do i think its fun and unique way to win games? hell yeah. i urge creativity in this metagame, as stuff usually deemed bad really get a helping hand with an extra ability, who knows, maybe you will run into the next best set. ill show some replays if i can find any...

I'm not sure why Porygon-Z would run Shadow Ball over Dark Pulse, honestly. The fact that Fighting resists Dark is not particularly relevant -hit them with Psyshock, and if that's not super effective, then Hidden Power Fighting is- and Fairy resisting Dark... I guess Klefki might be more of an issue for Dark Pulse-running Porygon-Z than ones with Shadow Ball? There's no Dark/Fairy as yet, and the two Psychic/Fairies are not common, Gardevoir isn't a stallmon, and Mr. Mime has yet to prove to be relevant to Enchanted Items. So basically the only Fairies Psyshock by itself doesn't go a long way against are Klefki and Mawile. (Nobody runs Mawile, and Klefki has, for whatever reason, basically not existed in the meta)

So replace Shadow Ball with Dark Pulse and suddenly we're back to a single set that has no stall-type answer at all. (Specially Defensive Meloetta takes a minimum of just under 60% from Dark Pulse, bar something like Filter. One Nasty Plot later...)

Tangrowth @ Grip Claw (Desolate Land)
Leaf Guard
248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA / Bold
Synthesis / Toxic / Solar Beam / Growth​

Desolate Land makes Tangrowth a very viable physical wall, as it is impervious to status ailments and can recover 75% per turn. With just one turn of set up, it transforms into a hard hitting special sweeper, boasting 516 SpA and a 180 BP Solar Beam. Obviously, Tangrowth is crippled by special attackers, and must be played carefully. Fire type coverage moves can be particularly devastating, as they use Desolate Land to their own advantage. Luckily, few physical attackers have access to fire type moves.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
Tangrowth @ Grip Claw (Desolate Land)
Leaf Guard
248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA / Bold
Synthesis / Toxic / Solar Beam / Growth​

Desolate Land makes Tangrowth a very viable physical wall, as it is impervious to status ailments and can recover 75% per turn. With just one turn of set up, it transforms into a hard hitting special sweeper, boasting 516 SpA and a 180 BP Solar Beam. Obviously, Tangrowth is crippled by special attackers, and must be played carefully. Fire type coverage moves can be particularly devastating, as they use Desolate Land to their own advantage. Luckily, few physical attackers have access to fire type moves.
not to mention the ones that do run fire beat tang anyways with other coverage.

Last edited:

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
The problem with dnite and pory is that dnite matches up well against over 70% of the meta 1v1 due to aerispeed and being able to run 2 "counter nullifiers" to common checks. Pory is just the hoopa u of EI. Nothing switches in safely and pory gets a kill always when it's sent in. Both deserve a suspect IMO. As for being banworthy I'm on the fence.

Clef is just an annoying wincon idk about it anymore

I just realize something about Ilusion:
Because we can't change order of pokemons, Ilusion will ALWAYS looking like last pokemon in team (I mean when team is created, "last" pokemon means the most on right. I will write a lot about "last" pokemon, so have in mind what a "last" pokemon I mean...).

That means, if you see lead from other than that last pokemon, this one definitly will not be faked pokemon.
However, if you see lead from last pokemon, here you can start thinking... who from oponents team member will take first, super effective hit for pokemon what you see, wihout any problem? The same pokemon will strugle when you send that coverage? Or maybe pokemon what you see it's not Ilusion?

Also, thinking about Ilusion you can when oponent send last pokemon in the middle of battle. Remember - every time, when oponent use last pokemon, this one will swith place with pokemon who stand on field before last pokemon.

Every time you must looking to order of pokemons in oponent team. Also have in mind, oponent can carry two Ilusions, and even when you beat first one, still you must be carefull with potencial second Ilusion.
And on top of that you still must expect just other second ability....

I might edit this post later. Maybr I put some pictures. For better understanding.

Yeah, when you use Zoroark in standards or back when illusion was allowed, during team preview you're prompted to select your team members in the desired order. You can't start until you've arranged your mons basically.

I haven't played this meta and therefore have not seen how it interacts here but if it doesn't do that, it should probably be fixed if possible.

In fact, this used to work in the Inheritance Metagame, but in Enchanted Items, it doesn't.

Gengar @ Razor Claw
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Disable

I don't think this is game-breaking (or in need of a change) whatsoever. Simply put your desired Mon in the last slot of the Teambuilder. The way it works in normal games with Zoroark is quite annoying anyways since you have to decide what Pokemon Zoroark appears as every battle.

So much evil wrapped up into one little harmless looking creature...

Cinccino @ Nest Ball (Technician)
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Blast
- Bullet Seed
- Tail Slap
- Encore

So much evil wrapped up into one little harmless looking creature...

Cinccino @ Nest Ball (Technician)
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Blast
- Bullet Seed
- Tail Slap
- Encore
It's kinda pointless if u ask me. It literally hits exactly the same as banded. I guess the only up side is that you can switch moves.

252 Atk Choice Band Cinccino Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Cinccino: 250-295 (85.9 - 101.3%) -- approx. 6.3% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Technician Cinccino Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Cinccino: 250-295 (85.9 - 101.3%) -- approx. 6.3% chance to OHKO

It's kinda pointless if u ask me. It literally hits exactly the same as banded. I guess the only up side is that you can switch moves.

252 Atk Choice Band Cinccino Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Cinccino: 250-295 (85.9 - 101.3%) -- approx. 6.3% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Technician Cinccino Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Cinccino: 250-295 (85.9 - 101.3%) -- approx. 6.3% chance to OHKO
The ability to Encore walls and then go straight back to killing them is actually a pretty damn big deal. It's 100% superior to running Banded, and the gain is pretty notable.

The main issue is that Cloyster is a much more impressive/terrifying Skill Link+Technician abuser, and it's not like stacking this kind of threat is all that great.

The problem with dnite and pory is that dnite matches up well against over 70% of the meta 1v1 due to aerispeed and being able to run 2 "counter nullifiers" to common checks. Pory is just the hoopa u of EI. Nothing switches in safely and pory gets a kill always when it's sent in. Both deserve a suspect IMO. As for being banworthy I'm on the fence.

Clef is just an annoying wincon idk about it anymore
Unaware Slowbro 100% counters Dragonite. Thunder Punch can't do more than 37.5% to Slowbro, and hell

252+ SpA Dragonite Thunder vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Slowbro: 264-312 (67 - 79.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

if you're actually No Guard Dragonite, you don't grab the OHKO with Thunder.

252+ Atk Protean Dragonite Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 186-222 (47.2 - 56.3%) -- 80.1% chance to 2HKO

Surprise Protean can potentially 2HKO Slowbro with Thunderpunch (Or, if it's Special Protean for some bizarre reason, Thunderbolt) but Unaware Slowbro will always check or successfully scout out Dragonite.

I'll admit to not being extensively familiar with how offense performs against it, however.

Porygon-Z is so horrifying I've stopped playing in large part because there's no evidence anything is going to be done about it. My team is very solid so long as I don't have to fight Porygon-Z. There is nothing I can do to resolve the difficulties with Porygon-Z short of shifting to a HO team, because it's just stupid-broken.

I still think Clefable isn't really that big a deal... a neat Pokemon, but kind of underwhelming compared to how it got hyped early on.

Been a while since Manaphy was banned, and I'm just reluctant to suspect something for the third time in half a month. I do acknowledge how Porygon-Z can be a problem, but for now I plan to get Viabiloty rankings up then suspect Porygon-Z, I'm scared of stall being overpowered though!

Tbh when were going to ban PORYGON-Z this thing is BROKEN LOL nothing switch ins ( blissey is 2hkoed by psyshock ) it doesnt require a brain to play lol u cant even play around it it will 2hko everything the meta is way to broken with this thing around

Btw im not some guy that just complain everyone one says it is broken even people who uses it say ( i got top 1 so my team is decent but pz still keks everything )

Last edited:

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Been a while since Manaphy was banned, and I'm just reluctant to suspect something for the third time in half a month. I do acknowledge how Porygon-Z can be a problem, but for now I plan to get Viabiloty rankings up then suspect Porygon-Z, I'm scared of stall being overpowered though!
I agree with taking it slowly, I think there's a lot of things out there that aren't getting used that should be, things that haven't been discovered etc... and the meta will develop. I don't think Stall will be op however when you have ridiculous things like Tinted Lens Haxorus smashing all the walls, any Mold Breaker ignoring Unaware, the ability to trap and kill bulky steel types like Skarmory without huge trouble, Protean Unown, Technician Unown, Adaptability Unown, Tinted Lens Unown.... Stall might just just be viable once P-Z is gone, but I doubt it will be OP.

Really, I just wish every team didn't look just about the same.

Grains, when are you planing on making sample teams. It would help with getting some new players especially getting people to play the tours.

Viability rankings

From S to C, these are the best and the worst pokemon in the tier. The pokemon are ranked in no specific order within their ranks, Dragonite isn't necessarily better than Porygon-Z. However, their abilities are ranked from best to worst. Protean is the best ability for Porygon and Tinted Lens is the worst viable ability for Porygon-Z.

S Rank
Aerilate, Protean, Magic Bounce, Magic Guard
Regenerator, Aerilate, Water Absorb
Protean, Tinted Lens
A+ Rank
Speed boost, Sand Stream, Water Absorb, Refrigerate
Regenerator, Intimidate,
Unaware, Magic bounce, Regenerator, Intimidate
No Guard, Prankster, Sheer force
Prankster, Tinted Lens, Adaptability
Refrigerate, Tough claws, Aerilate, Pixilate
Adaptability, Weak Armor, Tough Claws

A Rank
Regenerator, Magic bounce, Unaware
Unaware, Intimidate, Magic Bounce
Magic guard, Delta stream, Unaware, Intimidate
Unaware, Magic bounce, Mold breaker
Magic bounce, Gale wings, Flash fire, Volt Absorb,
Magic guard, Magnet pull, Desolate Land
Protean, No Guard, Mold Breaker
Protean, Magic bounce, Regenerator
Tinted Lens, Adaptability, Magic bounce
Tinted Lens
Refrigerate, Adapatability, Tough Claws
Desolate Land, Levitate, Regenerator

A- Rank
No guard or no go, pick anything you'd like
Sand Rush, Magic bounce, Bulletproof
Prankster, Thick Fat, Intimidate, Magic Bounce
Adaptability, Tinted Lens, Protean
Tough Claws, Speed boost, Tinted Lens
Protean, Delta Stream, No guard
Tinted Lens, Lightning Rod, Motor Drive

B+ Rank

Unaware, Magic Bounce, Intimidate
Primoridal Sea
Technician, Tinted Lens
Protean
Flash fire, Prankster, Mold Breaker
Gale Wings, Adaptability
Tough Claws, Tinted Lens, Volt Absorb, Magic bounce
Metagrossite
Desolate Land, Regenerator, Protean
Prankster
Prankster, Protean

B Rank

Gardevoirite
Magnet Pull, Intimidate, Desolate Land
Magic bounce, Adaptability, Tinted Lens
Magic guard, Delta stream, Prankster
Gale wings
Primordial Sea
Adaptability, Refrigerate
Regenerator, Desolate Land
Prankster, Intimidate, Volt Absorb
Tinted Lens, Protean, Tough Claws

B- Rank
Primordial Sea, Regenerator
No guard, Mold Breaker, Protean
Unaware, Prankster, Magic Guard
Desolate Land
Sablenite
Prankster
Primodrial Sea, No guard, Pixilate
Desolate Land, Tinted Lens, Tough Claws
Refrigerate, Pixilate, Tinted Lens, Desolate Land

C+ Rank
Primordial Sea, Regenerator
Regenerato, Primordial Sea
Regenerator, Flash Fire, Prankster
Levitate, Flash Fire, Magic Bounce
Thick Fat, Leaf Guard
Thick Fat, Prankster, Sand Veil
Eviolite

C Rank
Regenerator, Magic Bounce, Magic Guard
Magic Guard, Desolate Land
Gale Wings
Primordial Sea
Primordial Sea
Regenerator, Unaware
Magic Guard, Protean, Refrigerate
Regenerator, Mold Breaker
Protean

C- Rank
Magic Guard
Prankster, Regenerator
Don't use Avalugg, pls let me unrank it
Prankster, Mold Breaker, Magic Bounce
Mold Breaker, Unaware
Magic Bounce, Mold Breaker

Last edited:

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
VIABILITY RANKINGS

S RANK
S

A RANK
A+

A

A-

B RANK

B+

B

B-

C RANK

C+

C

C-
Initial thoughts...
You've hard this Grains of Salt but Darmanitan deserves to be on there. It hits harder than Victini, can avoid recoil with Magic Guard, gets... different coverage than Victini, can pummel Heatran with Superpower, and most importantly I've found, doesn't mind switching out and back in on hazards that much, and isn't required to by stat drops. Whenever I use Victini it gets about 1 kill and then either dies or hugely sucks momentum when I pull it back only to be at about half health when I bring it out again. I'm not calling for Darmanitan to be high, but I think it deserves a place in the C's.

252+ Atk Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 295-348 (86.5 - 102%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew in Harsh Sunshine: 442-522 (129.6 - 153%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Victini V-create vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew in Harsh Sunshine: 405-477 (118.7 - 139.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Victini V-create vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 270-318 (79.1 - 93.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I'm surprised to see Infernape so low, I thought it was one of the premier Magnet Pullers, but I haven't used it so I can't speak to its effectiveness.

I think Aurorus is being oversold, I've never prepared for it and it's occasionally annoyed me, but it's never actually done much past setting up a couple Calm Minds then dying.

Haxorus to B+ it's great as both a sweeper and a wallbreaker. Mold Breaker is amazing in this meta.
If Braviary is there for offensive Gale Wings sets I think it needs to be below Staraptor. If SubBU or Aerilate or something is more under consideration, sure why not.

Whimsicott is good, a higher B than B- would be nice.

Is Terrakion viable? I haven't seen it.

Could we possibly get some sort of list of abilities along with the mons like they have in AAA (I think)? It would make things a bit more clear I think.

PS Unown for S+ op with p much any ability

Why is Avalugg even C-. I don't think it does anything better than other mons. Also, Volcanion should be at least A- as it is a great pivot with volt absorb/lightning rod and it punish the opponents switches with hard hits with decent coverage.

Here are a couple of sets I have been dreamin up. Trying to find ways to bring new mons into the meta.
Vivillon (Special Tflame)
Compound Eyes / Gale Wings
252 SpA / 4 HP / 252 Speed / Modest Nature
Hurricane / Sleep Powder / U-turn / Aromatherapy

I have been testing Vivillon lately as an alternative to using Tornadus' Primordial Sea set. Vivillon's Compound Eyes allow it to run Gale Wings, which is preferable since Rain doesn't actually augment Tornadus' attacking capability. Timid Tornadus has only 4% higher SpA than Modest Vivillon (319 to 306), so their Hurricanes score basically the same OHKOs and 2HKOs (with a few exceptions that someone may point out). Tornadus is very fast as it is, but speed boosters are damn prevelant in this meta. Outspeeding everything bar Espeed is incredibly useful. 4x weakness to SR means bringing Hazard Removal support alongside Vivillon is necessary.

Kingdra
Sniper / Super Luck
252 SpA / 4 HP / 252 Speed / Timid Nature
Focus Energy / Dragon Pulse / Hydro Pump / Flash Cannon

This Kingdra set was something I initially thought was kinda jokey, but to my amazement it has swept so many times for me. After Focus Energy, Kingdra has +3 Crit ratio, which in Gen VI equates to a 100% crit rate. This means that Kingdra's Hydro Pump has 2.25 * 1.5 * 110 = 371 BP. Modest over Timid bumps up Kingdra's SpA from 289 to 317, which is nice, but allows it to be beat by max Speed Dragonite.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)