Aerodactyl@life orb
Ability:Magic Guard
Evs: 4hp/252atk/252spd
Nature:Jolly
Head Smash
Brave Bird
Flare Blitz
Volt Tackle
Idk if someone has already thought of this set.
This is a classic but certainly underrated set that dates back to XY and perhaps even further to last gen. I agree that it is pretty effective in the current metagame, especially due to its ability to check Mega Rayquaza and the Mewtwos thanks to its blazing speed. It has always been a solid, if not fantastic, wallbreaker. Head Smash's accuracy is bothersome, though, and I'm not sold on Volt Tackle over something like Infestation or U-turn (to anticipate switches into stuff like FF Aegi) or whatever (idk) in the last slot. Thanks for posting it here; it definitely fits well.

I will update the op next time I have access to a computer.

bp scrub

rub a dub dub one scrub in a tub
Judgment + Plate to imposterproof in general seems to be really underused (except gengar lol) but actually works nicely on some people that expect a completely different set.
Most viable special attackers that resist normal or are weak to their own stab can usually use Judgment to beat Imposter 1v1, especially with Leech Seeds help

I've tried out a couple, including Pixie Plate Diancie w/ Fire coverage, Draco Plate Dialga/Palkia w/ STAB coverage, and Draco Plate Reshiram w/ Fire coverage. Arceus also does this decently, but gives up its ability which is a real pain. These can run abilities like Tinted/Adap to break walls more easily, Fur Coat for a ton of bulk, allowing easy setup, or even Mold Breaker to beat ability based immunities (Reshiram against FF steels).

I think that the best part is again, the unpredictability, since a lot of the lower ranked offensive mons don't really have any popular sets, making it hard for the opponent to know what you're doing.

Dialga @ Draco Plate
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Judgment
- Leech Seed
- Flash Cannon

Diancie-Mega @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Adaptability/Tinted Lens
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Judgment
- Leech Seed/Blue Flare
- King's Shield

Palkia @ Draco Plate
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 8 HP / 252 SpA / 248 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Judgment
- Steam Eruption
- King's Shield/Leech Seed

Reshiram @ Draco Plate
Ability: Teravolt
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Judgment
- Blue Flare/Searing Shot
- King's Shield

Without Leech Seed, they do not reliably beat Imposters (50/50s that come down to speed ties in the end, unless you use Adaptability), but these are all easy to imposterproof with a seperate mon since normal + anything is generally bad coverage (Dialga's normal/steel is improofed by Aegi, the normal/fire or water ones are improofed by Giratina easily)

couple of calcs against defensive mons besides giratina
+1 252 SpA Pixie Plate Tinted Lens Mega Diancie Judgment vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 186-218 (51 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252 SpA Adaptability Palkia Steam Eruption vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 216-256 (59.3 - 70.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252 SpA Turboblaze Reshiram Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Audino: 217-256 (52.9 - 62.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

replays: (will edit more in as i gather some)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-393530949 thats all for now

morogrim

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Judgment + Plate to imposterproof in general seems to be really underused (except gengar lol) but actually works nicely on some people that expect a completely different set.
Most viable special attackers that resist normal or are weak to their own stab can usually use Judgment to beat Imposter 1v1, especially with Leech Seeds help

I've tried out a couple, including Pixie Plate Diancie w/ Fire coverage, Draco Plate Dialga/Palkia w/ STAB coverage, and Draco Plate Reshiram w/ Fire coverage. Arceus also does this decently, but gives up its ability which is a real pain. These can run abilities like Tinted/Adap to break walls more easily, Fur Coat for a ton of bulk, allowing easy setup, or even Mold Breaker to beat ability based immunities (Reshiram against FF steels).

I think that the best part is again, the unpredictability, since a lot of the lower ranked offensive mons don't really have any popular sets, making it hard for the opponent to know what you're doing.

Dialga @ Draco Plate
Ability: Fur Coat
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Judgment
- Leech Seed
- Flash Cannon

Diancie-Mega @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Adaptability/Tinted Lens
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Judgment
- Leech Seed/Blue Flare
- King's Shield

Palkia @ Draco Plate
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 8 HP / 252 SpA / 248 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Judgment
- Steam Eruption
- King's Shield/Leech Seed

Reshiram @ Draco Plate
Ability: Teravolt
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Judgment
- Blue Flare/Searing Shot
- King's Shield

Without Leech Seed, they do not reliably beat Imposters (50/50s that come down to speed ties in the end, unless you use Adaptability), but these are all easy to imposterproof with a seperate mon since normal + anything is generally bad coverage (Dialga's normal/steel is improofed by Aegi, the normal/fire or water ones are improofed by Giratina easily)

couple of calcs against defensive mons besides giratina
+1 252 SpA Pixie Plate Tinted Lens Mega Diancie Judgment vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 186-218 (51 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252 SpA Adaptability Palkia Steam Eruption vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 216-256 (59.3 - 70.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252 SpA Turboblaze Reshiram Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Audino: 217-256 (52.9 - 62.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

replays: (will edit more in as i gather some)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-393530949 thats all for now
Scouts the team, cteams with random set, calls it good. Seems legit. At most those are gimmick sets since as I'm sure you know, after using it once you never queued up for another game again (I wonder why). For sniping purposes, sure they work but then again cteaming is pretty easy to do.

bp scrub

rub a dub dub one scrub in a tub
ok you know that I didnt scout or cteam, Slowbro/Garchomp/Kyogre had obvious abilities and the general movepool was pretty obvious too, Ray was probably -ate, but I couldn't guess the abilities of Tina or Registeel.

I haven't uploaded any replays since most of my battles were just against low ladder opponents, but I've started to upload those if it matters

low quality matches
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-397010549
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-397008758
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-397007967

i think this was higher quality (the opponents team was anyways)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-397032696

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Palkia @ Lustrious Orb / Life Orb
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature

Origin Pulse
Dragon Pulse
Aura Sphere / Dark Pulse
Quiver Dance

With Mega Launcher, you hit harder on your Dragon STAB, gain pseudo STAB on a never-miss Aura Sphere or Darl Pulse, and can get the same boost to Origin Pulse as you would have with Primordeal Sea.

Dark Pulse vs Aura Sphere becomes a matter of what you want to hit the most: Mega Gyarados or Mega Slowbro.

Some Pokemon have Desolate Land / Dry Skin / Storm Drain, which prevents Origin Pulse from doing damage, thus a Heatran with Desolate Land will only take heavy damage from Aura Sphere.
Pokemon with other abilities like Poison Heal Lugia would take heavy damage from Dark Pulse without the PP and accuracy issues of Origin Pulse.

Counters: Huge Power Azumarill perfectly counters all of Palkia's moves. Sturdy Shedinja does as well- so have a hazard setter!

Use: Mega Launcher powers up all the moves, while the strong bulk allows for Palkia's to set-up. Lustrious Orb gives boosts to Palkia's STAB with no drawbacks, while Life Orb gives extra damage and also boosts Aura Sphere / Dark Pulse at the cost of some HP.

This is probably the most "vanilla" Balanced Hackmons set, as it is extremely straight forward.

Azumarill is not worth running just to Imposter Proof anything. May I suggest Water Absorb Fairies such as Xerneas (Play Rough/Whirlwind/Recovery/Stealth Rock) for a better hard counter or maybe a Manual Mega Altaria (Fake Out/Extreme Speed/Recovery/Precipice Blades with Intimidate pre-Mega) to bypass the -ate limit?

Also have an underrated set that I've been using lately.

(Zekrom) @ Leftovers / Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Defog / Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
- Dual Chop
- Recover / Knock Off / Icicle Crash

This uses its typing to be an offensive check to most Mega Rayquaza that fits on nearly any playstyle. Dual Chop is chosen to hit through Gale Wings' Substitutes for around 55%, and the Specially Defensive spread allows it to better check Aerilate variants. Leftovers is required to avoid a 2HKO from Life Orb 252 SpA Boomburst (Which, if it has Close Combat and 200+ Attack, can 2HKO Fur Coat Chansey and break the rest of the team with ease), while Assault Vest with Icicle Crash or Knock Off can act as a check to Specs without Earth Power(which is likely as their Imposter Proofing option is probably Flash Fire Aegislash or Registeel) or a Dragon STAB(Draco Meteor OHKOes you, Spacial Rend doesn't but does over 80% minimum and can KO with prior damage), the latter of which may be dropped for Techno Blast or Volt Switch. Due to unique typing and decent defensive stats, Regenerator Zekrom is perhaps the single best offensive check to Mega Rayquaza.
This actually doesn't check that many other weaker special attackers because most of them carry a strong Fairy or Dragon move due to either receiving STAB or having good coverage. With 136 Defense EVs and a Relaxed nature, you avoid the 2HKO from Mega Mewtwo X's Close Combat/Low Kick while still retaining the ability to check Mega Rayquaza with a Sharp Beak or without significant Special Attack investment.

Edit: Shit this was already posted like several months ago

Last edited:

dragonite drake

i go by zanglooser on ps
Gengar-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Sludge wave/Kings Shield
- Tail Glow

This is a set i have been using lately, and is a great wall breaker. This is mainly thanks to stab sball and a non-stab but still hard hitting focus blast. sludgewave is also useful sometimes to hit maudino reliably.

here are some calcs
+3 252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Mega Gengar Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 128+ SpD Yveltal: 549-646 (120.3 - 141.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO vs standard ph yveltal
+3 252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Mega Gengar Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Yveltal: 491-578 (107.6 - 126.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO vs spd yveltal
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Mega Gengar Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Unaware Mega Audino: 166-196 (40.4 - 47.8%) -- 57.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock vs maudino
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Mega Gengar Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Unaware Mega Audino: 398-468 (97 - 114.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock vs maudino if carrying sludge wave
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Mega Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Aegislash-Shield: 291-346 (89.8 - 106.7%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock vs aegislash
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Mega Gengar Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 294-346 (80.7 - 95%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock vs registeel
+3 252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Mega Gengar Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 689-811 (107.3 - 126.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO vs fc chansey
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Mega Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Giratina: 460-541 (91.4 - 107.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock vs giratina
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Mega Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 346-408 (68.7 - 81.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock vs spd tina

since this is so unwallable how can it be imposter proved? Well for those of you who play aaa you might have guessed it, use a bulletproof steel. they will be immune to all of the imposters move as shadow ball n focus miss are both bullet proof and sludge wave is... well poison type.

This thing can almost always get a kill when it comes in when played right, but its frail-ity lives it vulnerable to ate revenge killers and galewings too, so defensive walls that can wall gale ray and ates like fc chansey or unaware dino makes for good teammates, a bullet proof steel is a must to imposter proof it too.

an alternative is sludge bomb over sludgewave since sludge bomb is a bullet move and then you dont need a bullet proof steel but any bulletproof mon will work, and kings shield can be used to ease on the -ate weakness.

since this is so unwallable how can it be imposter proved?
Shedinja walls. A good Unaware wall with the right typing can stop it (Chansey seems like a good pick.) Also, Imposter doesn't get the free 30% boost from Life Orb, so Imposter-proofing via walling is easier than walling the base set (unless you happen to run into very rare Soul Dew Lati@s Imposter or the less rare Light Ball Imposter Pikachu), since the Imposter loses out on a lot of those OHKO and 2HKOs above.

Reshiram @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 8 Def / 252 SpA / 248 Spe
Modest Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Tail Glow
- Blue Flare
- Spacial Rend
Speed Boost setup isn't a new thing, and is one of the things you wouldn't expect to see on high ladder. Despite this I have found lots of success with this set (my alt Nyan_AFKat is currently 35-1 on ladder with a team using this). Speed Boost+Protect gives free speed boosts, letting you outspeed and kill faster threats like Mega Gengar and Mega Rayquaza. It also makes it unnecessary to use speed boosting moves like Quiver Dance or Shell Smash, so you can make use of higher boosting moves. It is also an Imposter resistant ability, as Imposter will not gain the speed boost if it directly switches in, leaving it slower. Some things to look out for with this are Flash Fire Steel types, Prankster Spore/Topsy Turvy, Shedinja, Life Orb -Ate, and Unaware. This is Imposter Proofed with a Primordial Sea/Flash Fire Fairy type, which is also useful for Contrary and PDon (especially the Draco Meteor one)

Leftovers allow room to take hits and recover slowly with Protect, ensuring you don't enter the kill range of an -Ate ESpeed. Outspeeds MMY at +1. The burn immunity is especially nice, letting you set up on Kyogre and random Wisps
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-406992299
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-409273387

Slaking @ Leftovers
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Final Gambit
- Infestation
- Recover/Taunt
- Spikes
Another thing I have been messing with is this. Final Gambit is another 'noob tactic' that I decided to try. This was made to lure Magic Bouncers by spamming Spikes, and then trapping them with Infestation and killing. It can also take out other troublesome mons if needed. Recover is nice to keep up the health, while Taunt is good if you catch a pivot using BPass unawares with Infestation. I paired this up with another hazard spammer to maximize the benefit of removing a Bouncer. I don't have any replays for this but it's been tested a bit.

dragonite drake

i go by zanglooser on ps
Shedinja walls. A good Unaware wall with the right typing can stop it (Chansey seems like a good pick.) Also, Imposter doesn't get the free 30% boost from Life Orb, so Imposter-proofing via walling is easier than walling the base set (unless you happen to run into very rare Soul Dew Lati@s Imposter or the less rare Light Ball Imposter Pikachu), since the Imposter loses out on a lot of those OHKO and 2HKOs above.
Yeah shed slipped my mind, but it isnt a relaible wall and i usally dont use it for imposter proving or in general.

yes something like unaware yveltal or chansey can work as nice imposter proving, but they are pretty useless outside of this. on the other hand while bullet proof might sound more useless, the fact that either regi/aegi are using it means that they can wall ates sometimes, or just wall stuff in general.

i will add another set i have been using recently, it might sound like a very bad joke, but i will say it anyways, poison heal registeel.

Registeel @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp/whirlwind/Nuzzle
- Conversion
- U-turn

conversion turns registeel into a normal type, allowing it to be poisoned. registeel has a great typing(steel) and with poison heal can be a nice wall. the moves are quite standartish. it could switch into specs ray bb more easily then ff or prank sets thanks to ph recovering 12.5% every turn, while the immunity to spore can help it against spore varaints of galewing ray.
the main problem with the set is that it is low on pp(conversion is almost useless after once used) although stall v stall matches might lead to use of conversion to pp stall. it has only 3 slots for its moves , which is a huge downside, not to mention it has to manually setup its poison heal which can be very difficult at times. overall its ability to check ates lacking steel coverage and be a great wall in general makes it worth been used imo.

since i have already thrown out one garbage set, wynaut another one:

Blissey @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Imposter
Happiness: 1
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Fake Out
- Skill Swap
- U-turn
- Parting Shot

yes thats right, its a toxic orb imposter.this might look very bad, it is in most cases. in the current ladder ttar-m and a bunch of other ph users are dominant. the fact that they are self imposter proved are just one of the many great things about them. or are they?
try to activate the toxic orb asap. this will discourage opposing ph booster to, well, boost. in fact ttar risks counter sweeping its own team so it cant safely come in without the risk of imposter. it still loses to quiver dance boosters, but wins against the shift gear ones, like regigigas groudon and most importantly mttar.
it does however fail to win against non ph walls, or non ph mons in general. its nowhere near as good as a regular imposter in terms of, well, copying stuff. loses to almost all top tier threats and what not.
but the ability to beat the omni present ph boosters is quite nice, and can be wroth running on teams that are ph weak.

yes something like unaware yveltal or chansey can work as nice imposter proving, but they are pretty useless outside of this. on the other hand while bullet proof might sound more useless, the fact that either regi/aegi are using it means that they can wall ates sometimes, or just wall stuff in general.

There's nothing wrong with running an unusual set to check Imposters for your sweeper. For example, on a rain team I had, I a Water Absorb Xerneas which checked my Kyogre, Palkia, and Gyarados while still providing adequate utility. It also had the nice benefit of being able to mess with a few other sets like some PH Kyogre. Same team also ran Ferrothorn because it's typing let it wall those same sweepers and also covered all the type weaknesses the rest of my team had. It also meant Imposters had to deal with two walls rather than just wearing one down. Ferrothorn quite easily pulled its weight against a bunch of other threats, especially since it's not prepared for.

The trick is simply to come up with a set that walls your sweepers while still being effective against many other things.

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot/U-Turn

Adrian and I helped design this set yesterday, and it's been working beautifully since then. Diancie has one of the best defensive typings around, but sadly mediocre bulk. However, we can use what bulk it does have to create an effective defensive check to the most dangerous Mega Rayquaza sets!

VS Modest Specs:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Aerilate Mega Rayquaza Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 92 SpD Diancie in Sand: 137-162 (45 - 53.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Diancie Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Rayquaza: 204-242 (58.1 - 68.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage
Beware, however, as Volt Switch will bring you into 2HKO range. So I'd still advise careful play with Specs Ray on the opposing team.

VS 252/200 Naughty Life Orb

252+ Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 164+ Def Diancie: 136-161 (44.7 - 52.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
200 SpA Life Orb Aerilate Mega Rayquaza Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 92 SpD Diancie in Sand: 105-125 (34.5 - 41.1%) -- 59% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Aerilate Mega Rayquaza Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 164+ Def Diancie: 88-105 (28.9 - 34.5%) -- 99.7% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Careful play is still recommended, but this is better than most other sets can do.

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
This set has gotten me quite a few ragequits:

The Illuminati (Aegislash) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Unaware / Prankster / Magic Bounce
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 SpD
Calm Nature
- Heal Order
- Substitute / King's Shield / Spiky Shield
- Curse
- Heart Swap / Topsy-Turvy / Whirlwind

This counters Spikers, Parting Shot, Whirlwind, and Spore (Magic Bounce), Shedninja (Curse) as well as Contrarians (Unaware). For other setup sweepers use Prankster.

Aegislash's unique typing walls some of the most common typings (Dragon, Fairy, Fighting) and survives most Fire and Ground-type moves (provided it has Unaware).

Main Checks and Counters
Burns: Although Aegislash does not have any physical type moves, burn is very annoying and will most likely cause you to run out of PP for Heal Order. Therefore an Aromatherapy user is appreciated by it.
Users of Boomburst (especially Diancie-Mega): Although Aegislash is specially defensive, it will take significant damage.

Species Gone Sexual (Mewtwo-Mega-X) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Cheek Pouch / Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Recycle / Recover
- Extreme Speed
- Precipice Blades / Sucker Punch

With just one setup move, a normally fantastic Mewtwo becomes the One-Punch Man. Use Precipice Blades against Steel types such as Aegislash and Registeel, and use Sucker Punch for priority against Psychic types like Mewtwo Mega Y.

Some matchups against popular Pokemon: (Max HP and Def)
+6 252 Atk Mega Mewtwo X Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Rayquaza: 334-394 (80.6 - 95.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+6 252 Atk Mega Mewtwo X Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Diancie: 940-1106 (309.2 - 363.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252 Atk Mega Mewtwo X Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Registeel: 750-884 (206 - 242.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252 Atk Mega Mewtwo X Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Lugia: 556-656 (133.6 - 157.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Mega Mewtwo X Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Aegislash-Shield: 190-224 (58.6 - 69.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

(Imposter)
+6 252 Atk Mega Mewtwo X Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Mewtwo X: 501-590 (70.1 - 82.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Main Checks and Counters
FakeSpeeds (especially Diancie-Mega): Mewtwo has a noticiable 130 base speed, but even with max EV's in speed and the Jolly Nature, Diancie-Mega outspeeds it and 2HKO's Mewtwo.
Shedninja: With no move to handle Sturdy, Mewtwo is forced to switch out. Be sure to have entry hazards or weather hazards on a teammate.
Anti-Setups: Topsy-Turvy, Unaware, Heart Swap, and moves like Dragon Tail make this set useless.
Imposters: With a 50% chance of you dying, you'd probably want to switch out so you don't get sweeped.

(The only gif I could find)

Purple Rain (Palkia) @ Lum Berry/ Wave Incense / Power Herb
Ability: Mega Launcher / Adaptability
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Origin Pulse / Water Spout
- Tail Glow / Quiver Dance / Geomancy
- Recover / Infestation

Palkia has amazing base Sp. Atk at 150. I calculated the power for Origin Pulse powered by STAB, Wave Incense, Mega Launcher, and Rain Dance. (Don't quote me on this) I got a power of whopping 450, with only one setup turn. With just one Tail Glow or Geomancy, it can sweep a whole team.

Some matchups against popular Pokemon:
+3 252 SpA Wave Incense Palkia Origin Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0+ SpD Mega Rayquaza in Rain: 408-481 (98.5 - 116.1%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
+3 252 SpA Wave Incense Palkia Origin Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Mewtwo X in Rain: 646-762 (155.2 - 183.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+3 252 SpA Wave Incense Palkia Origin Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Mewtwo Y in Rain: 570-672 (137 - 161.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+3 252 SpA Wave Incense Palkia Origin Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Aegislash-Shield: 322-381 (99.3 - 117.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
+3 252 SpA Wave Incense Palkia Origin Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Lugia in Rain: 475-559 (114.1 - 134.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+3 252 SpA Wave Incense Palkia Origin Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel in Rain: 484-571 (132.9 - 156.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Checks and Counters
Diancie-Mega: Although Diancie is weak to Water, its FakeSpeed Combo is sure to 2HKO.
Rayquaza-Mega: Draco Meteor is scary, especially with Contrary.
Fast Pokemon: Palkia is annoying slow, and can be easily beat if Palkia can't OHKO it.

Last edited:
I've been playing with a wallbreaker Mega Diancie the last couple days. Really enjoying it so far, so I figured I'd share.

Diancie-Mega @ Iron Plate
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Judgment
- V-create
- Draco Meteor
- King's Shield / Leech Seed

This set has the ability to break down common (Registeel/Aegislash)/Giratina/MAudino cores while being Imposter-resistant. Here's the summary:
  • All non-FF variants of Registeel and Aegislash are 2HKOed by V-Create
  • Giratina is always 2HKOed by Draco Meteor
  • MAudino is 2HKOed by unboosted Judgment unless fully invested; at +2 this is not a concern
  • Dealing with Imposters varies based on your boosts (see calcs below)--keep in mind that if the Imposter wins the speed tie and V-Creates, they'll get a SpD boost and take less damage than you may have anticipated
  • In any case, Imposters never appreciate taking a Steel-type Judgment
  • King's Shield is nice vs. -ates that try to end your sweep, but remember to never King's Shield against an Imposter (free Attack boost if they V-Create)
  • Leech Seed helps with Imposters and allows Diancie to beat Shedinja, which it would otherwise lose to
  • This set struggles with FF Steels, which also make good teammates for Imposter-proofing
  • PH Chomp is a nice partner because it sets up on most FF Steels for free
  • Pretty much all sweepers make good teammates because they appreciate dead walls--I like using -ate Diancie to clean up after their Registeel eats a V-Create (also, double Diancie makes things trickier to predict)

4 Atk Mega Diancie V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Registeel: 212-250 (58.2 - 68.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 Atk Mega Diancie V-create vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Registeel: 274-324 (75.2 - 89%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

4 Atk Mega Diancie V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Aegislash-Shield: 212-250 (65.4 - 77.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 Atk Mega Diancie V-create vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Aegislash-Shield: 274-324 (84.5 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Mega Diancie Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 210-248 (41.6 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 252 SpA Mega Diancie Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 418-494 (82.9 - 98%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Mega Diancie Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Giratina: 282-334 (55.9 - 66.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Iron Plate Mega Diancie Judgment vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Audino: 188-222 (45.8 - 54.1%) -- 49.2% chance to 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Iron Plate Mega Diancie Judgment vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Audino: 374-440 (91.2 - 107.3%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Iron Plate Mega Diancie Judgment vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Audino: 250-296 (60.9 - 72.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Iron Plate Mega Diancie Judgment vs. 252 HP / 0- SpD Eviolite Mega Diancie (Imposter): 420-496 (59.6 - 70.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Iron Plate Mega Diancie Judgment vs. +1 252 HP / 0- SpD Eviolite Mega Diancie (Imposter): 280-332 (39.7 - 47.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 252 SpA Iron Plate Mega Diancie Judgment vs. 252 HP / 0- SpD Eviolite Mega Diancie (Imposter): 836-984 (118.7 - 139.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Iron Plate Mega Diancie Judgment vs. +1 252 HP / 0- SpD Eviolite Mega Diancie (Imposter): 560-660 (79.5 - 93.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

A couple replays:

The use of a pokemon to trap and kill imposter Chansey is certainly nothing new, but I do think using Groudon to do it is creative and underated.

Groudon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 192 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Ice Shard
- Parting Shot
- Roost

This set accomplishes the following things:
1: Traps imposter Chansey and PP stalls it to death.
2: Deals with -ate users by tricking them into going for sound based moves once they take rocky helmet damage (letting you kill them off)
3: Acts as a bulky pivot
4: Deals with bulky steel type walls
5: 2hko's normal M-Rayquaza with the attack investment using Ice shard (which also has high PP).

Now the question: Why use Groudon over any other pokemon?
A: Groudon is usually primal-groudon. The opponent will get curious as to why you are running a normal groudon and send in their imposter to investigate. They will usually try to parting shot out to gain momentum once they have scouted - but they end up becoming trapped due to thousand waves + sound proof which blocks parting shot (a sound based move).

Q: Why rocky helmet over any other item?
A: This is to trick the user of an -ate pokemon to use a sound based move to allow you to take care of their -ate pokemon. Groudon also has a great typing of ground which is only weak to ice -ate users.

Q: Why should I use this on my team?
A: This Groudon set is great to take care of imposters meaning you can run gimmicky stuff like contrary mons without actually having to worry about imposterproofing things. Groudon also gives a secondary defensive and offensive check to M-Rayquaza & M-Diancie. It is better than other pokemon that seek to trap Chansey just because your opponnet will be curious as to why you are not running Primal-Groudon.

Ignore the fact that this is low ladder, this replay just illustrates how the trapping process works:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-405250175

Sorry if this set has been posted before; I have not read through all the pages of this thread.

aki0s I think you're far overestimating how niche this set is, and far underestimating how hard it is to actually trap Chansey. A good Chansey player will avoid switching it in directly into a defensive pokemon (unless ghost type)because EVERY defensive pokemon can potentially trap and outstall it. From what I've seen, Chansey is either used to check offensive pokemons, or when it's used to scout it will be via pivoting into it specifically because of trapping. Once they see you have thousand waves they know what's up.
On the niche part, soundproof physically defensive mons aren't exactly new, they've been around for long enough to go through a few metagame phases (Ppl started running them -> ate users started running techno blast -> ppl stopped running them -> ate users stopped running techno blast -> ppl are running them again, that's where we currently are and that takes a bit of time). And when there's a slowbro or a groudon in team preview a lot of more experienced players will take soundproof into account. Once groudon is revealed to be neither primal or toxic orb, then the soundproof is obvious and EVERY soundproof user runs trapping because they're really good perish trappers.

Now not to discredit you, I already sorta said this is still a good set, pressuring ate users and draining momentum from prankster pivot mons such as registeel is really good, but I really wouldn't advice anybody that "you can run gimmicky stuff like contrary mons without actually having to worry about imposterproofing things".

aki0s I think you're far overestimating how niche this set is, and far underestimating how hard it is to actually trap Chansey. A good Chansey player will avoid switching it in directly into a defensive pokemon because EVERY defensive pokemon can potentially trap and outstall it. From what I've seen Chansey is either used to check offensive pokemons, or when it's used to scout it will be via pivoting. Once they see you have thousand waves they know what's up.
On the niche part, soundproof physically defensive mons aren't exactly new, they've been around for long enough to go through a few metagame phases (Ppl started running them -> ate users started running techno blast -> ppl stopped running them -> ate users stopped running techno blast -> ppl are running them again, that's where we currently are and that takes a bit of time). And when there's a slowbro or a groudon in team preview a lot of more experienced players will take soundproof into account. Once groudon is revealed to be neither primal or toxic orb, then the soundproof is obvious and EVERY soundproof user runs trapping because they're really good perish trappers.

Now not to discredit you, I already sorta said this is still a good set, pressuring ate users and draining momentum from prankster pivot mons such as registeel is really good, but I really wouldn't advice anybody that "you can run gimmicky stuff like contrary mons without actually having to worry about imposterproofing things".
"The use of a pokemon to trap and kill imposter Chansey is certainly nothing new" -> "On the niche part, soundproof physically defensive mons aren't exactly new"

Never once did I mention this is new. I mentioned it was a creative and underated use of Groudon. I also ended it saying "if this has been posted before forgive me". No need to bash me to prove your knowledge friend.

"Once groudon is revealed to be neither primal or toxic orb, then the soundproof is obvious and EVERY soundproof user runs trapping because they're really good perish trappers."
If I remember correctly, this is balanced hackmons. Fur coat Groudon used to be a set, nothing in this tier is black and white. There is a grey area because of the sheer amount of possible sets. I'm just posting this to take advantage of that grey area & that is the niche of this set. Good players also will not reveal thousand waves earlier, so I fail to see your argument. I was just showing how the set works.

"but I really wouldn't advice anybody that "you can run gimmicky stuff like contrary mons without actually having to worry about imposterproofing things"."
You are correct. However, that part is my opinion and is not rooted in fact.

I wrote my post to provide a underated and creative set. Not to debate how hard or easy it is to trap a chansey.

imas edit: deleting the part about toxicity instead of the whole reply because that specific part seems to have been resolved.

Last edited by a moderator:

morogrim

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I honestly wouldn't consider physically defensive mons with Soundproof underrated though since it's pretty popular in terms of usage...it's also not really creative anymore either since it's accepted as a standard set and most players can anticipate that set. It's definitely a strong set but it unfortunately doesn't belong in this thread since it doesn't fulfil either the "creativeness" or the "underrated" part of the set anymore. Usually sets that are posted here are ones that have been invented by the poster recently and haven't been popularized yet.

If anyone could look at my pokemon sets and write feedback so I could improve it, that would be great.

Aegislash;

I remember this set pretty well, its best used as Prankster.
4th move options are Leech Seed, Spore, Baton Pass , ....

Its not so common because it cant touch Magic Guard users.

MMX

This set is weak. It cant even 1HKO Diancle 100% at +6 , 277 max roll with adamant nature.
+6 252 Atk Mega Mewtwo X Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Diancie: 214-252 (88.7 - 104.5%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

Since Fake Out was changed to +3 priority Belly Drummers can no longer sweep.

Palkia

Weak, any set without Steam Erruption sucks. I dont see Adaptility / Mega Launcher granting important 1HKO / 2 HKOs
Sticking with Primordial Sea / Speed Boost is much better.

Palkia is very team reliant, i used a Mono Palkia (1400+), finding alternatives might prove better solution.

So many troll posts last page, is this topic even moderated anymore ?

I look through every thread with recent replies almost daily and I told uc he can contact me about deleting posts anytime. I just don't feel comfortable deleting posts here because I don't play BH and am therefore not a competent judge on what would be ok or not ok.

Uselesscrab maybe you could employ a "council" of sorts who help in archiving the sets if you're busy. I can help with deletion and archiving. Just let me know.

I look through every thread with recent replies almost daily and I told uc he can contact me about deleting posts anytime. I just don't feel comfortable deleting posts here because I don't play BH and am therefore not a competent judge on what would be ok or not ok.

Uselesscrab maybe you could employ a "council" of sorts who help in archiving the sets if you're busy. I can help with deletion and archiving. Just let me know.
Updated the OP (which wasn't that behind, anyway).

I think I'm fine for now on the council front (and that's not just me wanting to maintain my despotic power over this thread; I don't think this has enough regular, high-quality activity to justify enlisting people to help out. Also, I like to think I have okay judgment (haha Judgment, the Pokemon Move Which Is a Common Component of Creative Sets™)).

That being said, I think responses from experienced players are a decent metric one might use to determine which posts should stay and be deleted. For instance, I think it's pretty clear morogrim, sin(pi), and dragonite drake's dissents were well-founded and that SS Steven.U's posts (all of which used simply outclassed Pokemon, not even considering movesets, might I add) should have been deleted. I will contact you more in the future.

Updated the OP (which wasn't that behind, anyway).

I think I'm fine for now on the council front (and that's not just me wanting to maintain my despotic power over this thread; I don't think this has enough regular, high-quality activity to justify enlisting people to help out. Also, I like to think I have okay judgment (haha Judgment, the Pokemon Move Which Is a Common Component of Creative Sets™)).

That being said, I think responses from experienced players are a decent metric one might use to determine which posts should stay and be deleted. For instance, I think it's pretty clear morogrim, sin(pi), and dragonite drake's dissents were well-founded and that SS Steven.U's posts (all of which used simply outclassed Pokemon, not even considering movesets, might I add) should have been deleted. I will contact you more in the future.
Alright, I deleted the SS Steven.U posts and the replies to it. Also, just to make things clear, I wasn't suggesting you get a council to add sets to archives because your judgement isn't good enough or anything, I basically meant enlisting some people you trust to contact me to delete posts instead of it being just you having to PM me/someone else everytime someone posts a bad set. When I was replying to pokeboss's post, my thought process was: "ok i mentioned my problem with moderating the thread; so what's a possible solution? maybe if i tell people to report bad sets being posted, that could work. no, how do i judge if a report is valid if anyone can report if i have no bh experience. i know! i'll ask if uc wants to designate some people to report things"

However, expecting you to know that from my last post is basically expecting mind reading so apologies for my terrible communication skills.

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Aegislash;

I remember this set pretty well, its best used as Prankster.
4th move options are Leech Seed, Spore, Baton Pass , ....

Its not so common because it cant touch Magic Guard users.

MMX

This set is weak. It cant even 1HKO Diancle 100% at +6 , 277 max roll with adamant nature.
+6 252 Atk Mega Mewtwo X Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Diancie: 214-252 (88.7 - 104.5%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

Since Fake Out was changed to +3 priority Belly Drummers can no longer sweep.

Palkia

Weak, any set without Steam Erruption sucks. I dont see Adaptility / Mega Launcher granting important 1HKO / 2 HKOs
Sticking with Primordial Sea / Speed Boost is much better.

Palkia is very team reliant, i used a Mono Palkia (1400+), finding alternatives might prove better solution.

Aegislash:
Nowadays I don't see many Magic Guard users. Mega Aerodactyl is pretty squishy and beat by my other pokemon anyway.

MMX:
That's why I have Precipice Blades to deal with steel and rock types. Yes, I've thought about the Diancie-Mega, so I counter it with Aegislash. Any ideas how to check or counter FakeSpeeds with this set?

Palkia:
Okay, so I've got Steam Eruption now (I didn't know it did the same damage as Origin Pulse)
Is a Doom Desire Dialga better? If not, please tell me what could replace him. Thanks for the feedback!

Here's an Xtwo set I thought of on the spot, not sure if it's a thing:

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Life Orb
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- King's Shield

This is a standard physical set with a twist in Play Rough to get around Giratina. King's Shield is still standard to take on -ate ability users.

Last edited:
Consider using Play Rough over Outrage. The latter is stronger, sure, but your set 2HKOs max physical invested Giratina with Play Rough anyway (barring Fur Coat) and you don't have Outrage's drawbacks. I mean, it doesn't matter how hard you click King's Shield if Diancie switches in for free and you're still locked into Outrage. Fairy also has a bit better coverage than Dragon does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)