ORAS Ubers Darkrai Stall [Peaked #2]

Fat Fat Darkrai

Hey guys. After I didn't qualify for Ubers seasonal playoffs and played a terrible Ubers Open I wanted to stop Ubers until Gen 7 starts. But then I saw Antacool using a stall Darkrai. I really liked that idea so I wanted to make my own Darkrai-Stall-Team.
Note: I know there are many better options in a stall team than Darkrai, but i wanted to Peak ladder with something uncommon.

Darkrai @ Leftovers
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpD / 128 Spe
Careful Nature
- Dark Void
- Rest
- Foul Play
- Sleep Talk

Darkrai is one of the best sweepers in Ubers. It has great speed and a high special attack. I decided to give Darkrai 252 HP evs, 128+ SpD evs and 128 speed evs. With this ev spread it hits 318 it outspeeds Jolly Rayquaza, Modest Latis, Modest Xerneas and all full speed base 90 mons like Ho-oh, Groudon and Kyogre.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Rest
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Precipice Blades

I run a special defense Pdon. Groudon is one of my Xerneas checks, sets rocks and hits hard with Pblades. I decided to use Lava Plume because it has a 30% burn chance. Also I gave it Rest since it doesn't have any other way to recover. I prefer bulk over speed. With full Spdef and full HP it has a 96,1% chance to tank 2 +2 Moonblasts from Xerneas.

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Recover
- Stone Edge
- Judgment

I decided to use a mixed support Groundceus. I use Ground over Water- or Dragonceus to have more preussre on opposing Groudons.I run 128 speed to outspeed Jolly/Timid base 90 speed mons. The rest is invested in HP and Def. Arceus is the defoger in my Team. Ho-oh is a big problem to my team so I have to use Stone Edge. The problem here is my Arceus has a bold nature. It need its speed and bulk so I can't change it's nature. Stone Edge ihas a 63% chance to 0HKO a 0 HP Ho-oh. Against a full HP one it does 80-95%. I try to keep the stone Edge hidden at the beginning to let my opponent think i have a special Arceus.

Sableye (M) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play
- Recover

I don't think I have to explain Sableyes roll in this team. With Magic Bounce it stops my opponent to spam Hazards/Status Moves. Also it works as Espeeder check stops phyiscal sweepers from setting up.

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Def / 140 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Standard Lugia set. With its decent speed Toxic/Roost + Multiscale and whirlwind it walls so many sweepers. Its important to not let rocks be on my side on the field. Otherwise Mega Salamence becomes a big Problem for my team.

Blissey @ Shed Shell
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Snatch
- Aromatherapy
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic

Blissey is the big special wall in my team. Aromatherapy to support the rest of the team, for example Rest Pdon. Also I run the fucking great move snatch. Snatch can be my answer to Rest Talk Xerneas and also stops opponents Pokemon from setting up or healing. I really love that move. The item Shed Shell is obv for Mega Gengar, so I can't get trapped.

Lugia @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Def / 140 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Darkrai @ Leftovers
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpD / 128 Spe
Careful Nature
- Dark Void
- Rest
- Foul Play
- Sleep Talk

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Recover
- Stone Edge
- Judgment

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Rest
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Precipice Blades

Sableye (M) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play
- Recover

Blissey @ Shed Shell
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Snatch
- Aromatherapy
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic

Treatlist:

It can easily set-up against Arceus and Groudon. So make sure you don't have rocks on your side so you can switch in Lugia.

The mixed Life Orb one is a really big Problem. Arceus is a possible switch in, but can't really touch it. Darkrai can also switch in (30% chance to get 2hko'ed by 252+ sp atk life orb wing) and then Dark Void it. Another way is to Toxic it with Lugia and spam roost lol but Yveltal really destroys this team.

Arceus and Lugia are the only switch ins. If Arceus gets burned from sacred fire I'm fucked. I pretty often had the moment that people switched in Ho-oh against Darkrai. With Foul Play I 2 or 3HKO it. But there is always the risk that the opponent sleep talks on the Dark Void. So it ends up with 50/50's.

Shoutouts
Ubers room:
Lord Outrage - I miss you
Pohjis - luck level over 9000
Californium - best Ghoster
SparksBlade - thanks for showing me how to hide lol
Hack - cya in final of adv tour
@Level56 - you are the best man :3 love it to battle you
GunnerRohan - welcome back
Mysterious M - stop haxing me in every fucking single tour LOL fuck greece

PO friends:
Casparov - Hi daddy
Z+V - can you pass r1 at least once?
Chill Shadow - icc?:>
Draciel RC - ban India
Professor Oak - thx for helping me all the time
All my clanmembers from La Resistance
TraceofLife - you're bad

German community:
Hassin627 - Taier LOOOL
Lacus Clyne - don't h8 this team, can't see the haters anyway
bluri - glückwunsch, bist schon ne woche ohne mute
Ice Tea - Hol dir die GS Trophy \('-')/
Leru - Zicke
ShadowQuinn - lebst du noch?:c
qwily - Deutsche POWC Hofffnung 2k17
Decode - buy me

Last edited:
Oh Melle Nice Team. The Creative sets attracts me especially the set you use on Darkrai lol. Also Grats for peaking the ladder. I will Suggest later when i am free.

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
OK then, first off I dont really know what Darkrai is meant to do on this team for you. Foul Play suggests that it is to be used to check physical attackers, but then you give it a Spdef spread... when it cant really deal with the majority of the tier's special attackers either. It cant switch in on Kyogre, Diancie, Yveltal or Xerneas, and it will be very passive when it's resting, because Dark Void will probably fail because you've put something to sleep already, and foul play is very situational in it's damage, and it doesn't even have the boost that Yveltal does. To top it off, you already have a general special wall in Blissey. So my first thought when rating this team would be to get rid of the Darkrai that the team is built around, or perhaps simply restarting with a more offensive Darkrai and simply have the Sab-Lug-Defogceus-Groudon as a stall-based core, with options like Ho-oh or Xerneas filling in the other slot. It doesn't need to be a Life Orb Darkrai necessarily, it can be a Sub-Lefties version which can break certain balances better than the normal Darkrai set can, but the current set you are using definitely needs to change.

The easier change to make would simply be to run Waterceus over Groundceus and then replacing Darkrai with TTar, but then it just becomes a Standard stall team. I'm sorry but I think that the best way to make the team better is to restart building for either a less defensive team with Darkrai (Ie: Sab-Lug-Defogceus-Pdon-SubDrai-Xern/Ho-oh) or to replace the Darkrai with a pursuit trapper, because you're really weak to Gengar.

Your Selection of Darkrai for the Physical Threats isn't seems Good for me so Better Run a Impish Yveltal with Dread Plate or Rocky Helmet Also I suggested you this Due to a Lot of Physical Threats on The Current MetaGame.Or You can Even Remove Lugia and Run a Defensive Skarmory With Rocky Helmet if you want to keep Darkrai. Also Your Darkrai set need to get changed , Why won't you try the Offensive Ones of Darkrai ? I Usually Runs a LO Thunder Set in Darkrai but You can run Sub Leftovers set to Deal with opposing Stalls or use a Common LO Set Or Even Run a Banded Ho-Oh with Sleep talk if you want to Kill Opposing stall and also You got SpDef Bulk Naturally in Ho-Oh. Your GroundCeus Mixed set was good to surprise Opponents but For me , it is kinda a Weird set. Try WaterCeus or DragonCeus. It gives a Support against Ho-Oh and even checks Pdon Very well. Also Dragon Ceus is the best ones for your team because it removes your 2 Threats ( Mega Salamence and Ho-Oh ) and Also Your Team is still Weak to the Mixed ones of LO Yveltal , I Will Think about that LO Yvel thing later.I suggested you Dragon Ceus over Ground ceus and Banded Ho-Oh /LO Darkrai/ Sub Leftovers darkrai / Def Yveltal Over Your Darkrai set . And also Rocky Helmet Skarmory with Spike and Whirlwind support over Your Lugia set. I Hope this will be helped for you , Also I will think and rate About the LO Mixed Yveltal set later.

I already said in the introduction:

Note: I know there are many better options in a stall team than Darkrai, but i wanted to Peak ladder with something uncommon

Yop Everyone back here to support Melle2402's Stallkrai choice:
Unlike a lot of players believe, this Darkrai is not destined at checking physical sweepers but at preventing them to Setup or come freely on it after Sleep Clause with Foul Play (Ekiller mostly). Foul Play is also nice for SD Pdon.
The main goal of this set is not to directly check a sweeper (yes Darkrai is too frail) BUT putting an annoying pokemon to Sleep throughout the match. And luckily, a lot of annoyances to face for Stall are main Standard offensive Darkrai checks (notably immuned to Toxic ones : Steel types, Klefki for example then it cannot Spikes or use any status move for several Turns if it gets Voided; Aegislash, or Ho-Oh, see below) giving the teammates more Turns to status the opponent instead of using Rest / Defog. So Dark Void is not necessarely used for giving a boosting move turn but to render temporarely useless one foe by making it asleep, this is the main interest of this set in a Stall oriented team. Bad Dreams removes 12.5 or 6.25% HP to asleep w/o or with Lefties Pokemon which are also passive damages to take in consideration.
Ho-Oh, as everyone knows, is the most common Sleep Talker in Ubers and loves switchin on Darkrai, but here just get 2HKO by unexpected Foul Play when it comes on the switch (the switch-in can be predicted as well).
Specially Defensive spread on Darkrai, as Melle noticed, helps checking Yveltal then putting it to sleep, but also surviving 1 MMY powerful move then Foul Play it back for a nice OHKO. And tbh investing on phys Def is useless on Darkrai anyway.
Last point is Calm Mind Arceus-Ghost. Even if Blissey checks it very nicely, Darkrai can act as a second check to this threat then Blissey can check more comfortably Rest Xerneas, etc.
This Darkrai set is not purely Stall mon, but this is more like a Stallers' Supporter.
I hope that description helps you people for understanding and appreciating this very cool set, and convince you more why this little plus makes this Stall team do great work.
Nice team and RMT Melle2402 and congratulations for your Peak!

Last edited:

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Antacool the standard Darkrai NP set with Thunder can do literally everything you just said while actually being useful.

Anyway as others have said this is essentially just the standard stall team except...not as good. Sorry if that sounds harsh but you have the weaknesses you do b/c of not using TTar or Arceus-Water. If you want to go the semi-stall route with one fast attacker to clean things up you might do better using something like a bulky MMY or even a Deoxys-Attack as an alternate Pursuit user.

Good on the peak though!

Hi! I've seen ur RMT and noticed some flaws on the EV's of some pokemons like Arceus-Ground and maybe Lugia, so i'll start now with my suggestions:

First of all, I like Arceus Ground as Primal Groudon check, but I feel 128 Def EVs are bad, because it can't check Mega Salamence after a Dragon Dance boost, I use most of the time this spread:

Arceus Ground @ Earth Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 136 DEF /124 SPE
Bold Nature

- Judgment
- Stone Edge
- Recover
- Defog

and for the Salamence Mega problem too, I use most of the time on Stall, Lugia Fully Defensive, with this set:

Lugia @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 DEF / 8 SPE
Bold Nature

- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Roost
- Whirlwind

u dont really need speed, u have already a good Hazzard control, and Lugia needs max bulk possible to stop things Like Ho-Oh, Salamence, and stuff, u can try Rocky Helmet here, but Leftovers is better, because u have more recovery and possibility to recover Multiscale.

Hope this help.

Last edited:
Yop Everyone back here to support Melle2402's Stallkrai choice:
Unlike a lot of players believe, this Darkrai is not destined at checking physical sweepers but at preventing them to Setup or come freely on it after Sleep Clause with Foul Play (Ekiller mostly). Foul Play is also nice for SD Pdon.
The main goal of this set is not to directly check a sweeper (yes Darkrai is too frail) BUT putting an annoying pokemon to Sleep throughout the match. And luckily, a lot of annoyances to face for Stall are main Standard offensive Darkrai checks (notably immuned to Toxic ones : Steel types, Klefki for example then it cannot Spikes or use any status move for several Turns if it gets Voided; Aegislash, or Ho-Oh, see below) giving the teammates more Turns to status the opponent instead of using Rest / Defog. So Dark Void is not necessarely used for giving a boosting move turn but to render temporarely useless one foe by making it asleep, this is the main interest of this set in a Stall oriented team. Bad Dreams removes 12.5 or 6.25% HP to asleep w/o or with Lefties Pokemon which are also passive damages to take in consideration.
Ho-Oh, as everyone knows, is the most common Sleep Talker in Ubers and loves switchin on Darkrai, but here just get 2HKO by unexpected Foul Play when it comes on the switch (the switch-in can be predicted as well).
Specially Defensive spread on Darkrai, as Melle noticed, helps checking Yveltal then putting it to sleep, but also surviving 1 MMY powerful move then Foul Play it back for a nice OHKO. And tbh investing on phys Def is useless on Darkrai anyway.
Last point is Calm Mind Arceus-Ghost. Even if Blissey checks it very nicely, Darkrai can act as a second check to this threat then Blissey can check more comfortably Rest Xerneas, etc.
This Darkrai set is not purely Stall mon, but this is more like a Stallers' Supporter.
I hope that description helps you people for understanding and appreciating this very cool set, and convince you more why this little plus makes this Stall team do great work.
Nice team and RMT Melle2402 and congratulations for your Peak!
Antacool i Agree what those things you said , My Suggestions is not even to change that Physical Rest rai set because I also loved it but He have Weaknesses with the most common Pokes in the tier ( Mega Mence , Ho-Oh and Mixed LO Yvel Set ) In the Previous Chats , I Have Suggested him Arceus-Water/Dragon to check Ho-Oh and Pdon Equally , this can Remove his Weaknesses from Getting Hard hitted by Ho-Oh . Already the Banded Set of Ho-Oh is a Threat to every stalls so that Suggestion is important. I have Another suggestion but Not Necessary , Changing his Lugia to Skarmory/Yveltal. Skarmory is Suggested Here to check Mega Mence Nicely and he got an cool check to Ekiller with the pair of Mega Sableye. Also Skarmory can use Spikes Hazard , This is an useful one but not Necessary. These Things can work well with his Darkrai Set.
I already said in the introduction:

Note: I know there are many better options in a stall team than Darkrai, but i wanted to Peak ladder with something uncommon
I Agree the Thing that you said but Follow the 2 or 1 Suggestion of mine to Keep Mega Mence and Ho-Oh Away.Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)