Gen 6 Top 10 Titans of the Ubers 6th Gen Metagame

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
I am still gonna vote for Primal Groudon. No other mon has shaped up the Ubers metagame like Primal Don had and that is just a fact. I already stated my reasonings previously but its ability to be placed on legit every team, use a variety of movesets, and perform numerous roles at once leads me to believe that is deserving for at least the second spot. I feel people are skewing up the notion that "it was only dominant in ORAS, and not also in XY", however the way it impacted ORAS Ubers is enough to eclipse it non-existence in XY imo.

Mega-Gengar: This thing almost created Anything Goes before Rayquaza, what else we can say? Besides that, this thing was the best mega in XY, being arguably the second biggest threat (behind Xerneas) and in ORAS, he competes with Salamence for the previous spot.

My vote goes for:

Mega Gengar thanks to its ability Shadow Tag continues showing dominance as it creates a matchup reliant metagame that was considered pretty unhealthy even by Ubers standards. This Pokémon has created some team restrictions format as it is a great threatening Pokémon that has multiple roles such as trapper, revenger killer and special offensive attacker which is why it definitely deserves the #2 in this top since it's a potential Pokémon that has impacted the Generation 6, being suspected in XY and still viable and scary in ORAS.

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
Gengar: 6
Pdon: 2
Ekiller: 1

Gengar gets it.

Now time for #3, and surprise surprise I'm voting for the same thing as last time.

Voting for: Primal Groudon
Reason: Because for me the extent to which it dominated ORAS ubers makes up for the fact that it was not present during XY, with almost every conceivable set being viable, from physical to special to support to rest talk, if there is a way pdon can be used, it has been used that way. Every time something shows up that can deal with Pdon, Pdon has ways of evolving so that those things dont beat him. It cant do this and also do all of it's other roles, thankfully, but the sheer amount of flexibility and the dominance of Pdon make me think it had a greater impact over generation 6 than some of the constant threats like Ekiller did.

Mega Gengar
Xerneas

Klefki
Deoxys-Attack
Arceus-Water
Primal-Groudon
Ho-oh
Mega Salamence
Arceus-Normal
Darkrai
Lugia
Rayquaza

keys

It's Prime Time
is a Forum Moderatoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Voting for: Primal Groudon
Reason: Because for me the extent to which it dominated ORAS ubers makes up for the fact that it was not present during XY, with almost every conceivable set being viable, from physical to special to support to rest talk, if there is a way pdon can be used, it has been used that way. Every time something shows up that can deal with Pdon, Pdon has ways of evolving so that those things dont beat him. It cant do this and also do all of it's other roles, thankfully, but the sheer amount of flexibility and the dominance of Pdon make me think it had a greater impact over generation 6 than some of the constant threats like Ekiller did.
Voting for: Primal Groudon. Not really anything to add over what has been said by Aberforth.

I'm going to vote for Primal Groudon as well. Not even Kyogre in XY dominated this tier as much as Primal Groudon does. You're shooting yourself in the foot if you don't use this mon. Every playstyle there is, whether it's Hyper Offense, Bulky Offense, Balance or Stall, Primal Groudon brings way too much utility to be omitted from any serious Ubers team.

Primal Groudon

Sorry to be lazy, but on a tablet and I've written my reasoning in a different post. I can fix it when on a computer.

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
Pdon: 7
Ekiller: 1

Yeah Pdon gets it. Lets start voting for #4.

Mega Gengar
Xerneas

Klefki
Deoxys-Attack
Arceus-Water
Primal-Groudon
Ho-oh
Mega Salamence
Arceus-Normal
Darkrai
Lugia
Rayquaza

Voting for: Ekiller.
Reason: Very effective throughout both XY and ORAS, the best Arceus forme in both, and the amount of support it provides for offensive teams in revenge killing threats like Xerneas, Deo-A, Mence and in XY things like Blaziken, coupled with the amount that it needs to be considered in the teambuilding stage lead me to think Ekiller should get the number 4 slot.

Normal Arceus is a very potent threat in the meta and has been for the entirety of the generation. It must be intensely accounted for when teambuilding, and even then it has a high chance of winning if the opponent doesn't know how best to remove it. It's also capable of packing specific coverage moves to neutralize its otherwise "counters", like Ice Beam for Mega Salamence. All in all, Arceus is definitely deserving of this top 5 position.

Kinda undecided between mence and EKiller but I'll go with Arceus since it was a solid threat through both XY and ORAS while mence only in ORAS

Aberforth

Ubers Leader
Was kinda hoping for more replies than that, which is why this round has dragged on, but:

Arceus: 4
Lugia: 1

Arceus gets the number 4 slot.

Now for the number 5 slot.

Mega Gengar
Xerneas

Klefki
Deoxys-Attack
Arceus-Water
Primal-Groudon

Ho-oh
Mega Salamence
Arceus-Normal

Darkrai
Lugia
Rayquaza

I'm Voting For: Darkrai.
Reason: The change to sleep Mechanics made Darkrai worse, but he still had a huge influence throughout both XY and ORAS, requiring every team to pack a scarfer or a sleep absorber, and contributing to the large popularity of things like Ho-oh and Klefki, for their ability to deal with Darkrai.

I'm between two picks in my head right now, but the vote above me reminded me how you HAVE to account for Darkrai in every team lest you be absolutely ripped apart.

Darkrai it is.

Ho-Oh is #5 imo, ever since Defog was introduced Ho-Oh made 6th gen a lot more matchup reliant, gravely punishing balance and stall teams for not using very spcific counters and using the opposing team's defog support and passive strategies to its own advantage. Defog + Regenerator and new weather mechanics made it possible for it to check things like Palkia and handle almost every CM Arceus with no problem.

in BW Ho-Oh wasn't nearly as good as it became in XY/ORAS

Also sure Darkrai is very annoying but I wouldn't put it above Ho-Oh. From my perspective, trying to prepare for Ho-Oh during the teambuilding process is waaay harder than preparing for Darkrai. Most of the times I end up naturally being weak to Ho-Oh even though I have a few checks for it while Darkrai only recquires you to use something fast or bulky with Sleep Talk ( like Ho-Oh *wink*)

Last edited:
Voting for Mega-Salamence due to being able to break and sweep down foes w/ boosted Aerilate and can set-up with ease due to its high bulk for an offensive mon. It can also check big threats such as Ho-Oh, PDon, EKiller making it easy to fit on a team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)