Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKIII *Official Media Only*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also is it just me, or is Primarina's cry a wolf whistle, lol.

I can imagine it being more sadistic then it looks. "Primarina used Scald! The opponent was burned!" "Primarina used Sparkling Aria! The opponent was cured!" "Primarina used Scald! The opponent was burned!" "Primarina used Sparkling Aria! The opponent was cured!"

EDIT: "Among the balloons that Primarina releases, some explode when touched, while others do not. Primarina jump on the non-exploding balloons while they make sport of their opponents, and they use the exploding variety to trigger chained explosions!"

Wow, it actually is a troll. Me likey.

Last edited:
Uhh, no. Why would they include a 'tease' at Sun/Moon 2 if they state that Alolan Champions can partake in the Battle Tree? Alolan League = probably Post-game story.

Because Alolan Champions could just be referring to those who've completed the island trials though, no? There's no indication that there HAS to be a League in this game.

Notice that they have a broken weakness ring:

Grass < Fire < Water < Grass
Ghost < Dark < Fairy = Ghost

It's good to see the reappearance of older, figuratively and literally, characters. I was kind of put off by this interpretation of Red until I realized that he was just older, and that made his inclusion all the better. Now, if only there was some way to do some kind of B2W2-esque memory sharing with the DS compatible games (everything but Gen II and Gen III), so that your most recent Hall of Fame team was included in the pool of trainers for the Battle Tree. It would be neat to provide a way for past player characters to make an appearance, while reminding you past games, especially the ones that you haven't picked up in years.

My final question is, though, can we change the pokéballs of our Pokémon? I know that Norman did not give Wally an ultra ball to catch that ralts with, and yet here Gallade is, sitting in it's gold and black hyper glory.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
So, the relation between the starters and rockruff is having their own signature moves.........who saw this coming and ghost/grass is my new favorite typing :v
Pretty much everyone who read the proper translation. IE: Not a split evo.

I lost my fucking shit when I saw an aged Red and Blue. Pokemon really outdone themselves this gen
Definitely lost my shit here too. Old Red and Old Blue? Where the hell did that come from? That's fantastic imo. Wally making an appearance with Cynthia is cool too. I wonder who else will pop up out of nowhere.

Definitely enjoyed this reveal more than most of the others. Lots of content to look at and work out how they are going to do it. Looks like we finally have an answer to that giant tree on the map!

By the way... there's something odd I noticed about the Battle Tree's screenshots:

Wasn't Cynthia's Garchomp a female?

Or did she get a boyfriend? :P

Notice that they have a broken weakness ring:

Grass < Fire < Water < Grass
Ghost < Dark < Fairy = Ghost
The only other non-broken triangle that exists IIRC is Rock-Fighting-Flying, which has yet to be used for starters.

By the way... there's something odd I noticed about the Battle Tree's screenshots:

Wasn't Cynthia's Garchomp a female?

Or did she get a boyfriend? :P

The only other non-broken triangle that exists IIRC is Rock-Fighting-Flying, which has yet to be used for starters.
Gender is probably randomised like in the PWT.

Yeah so going for Primarina In Moon and Infereroar in Sun. Though I am so tempting to go for Decidueye because its part ghost and I love ghosts, Inferneroars Animations as just too amazing.

I really hope they give you the ability to give your starters their hidden abilities somehow. As someone who wants to use the actual starter they got, getting stuck with those abilities isn't perfered. I grow a bond with my starter, and letting use give them the hidden ability somehow would be great.

And to be clear I think ONLY your starter should be allowed to have a way to switch to the hidden ability, no other pokemon. This would be a nice way to let people use their actual starter competivily if the hidden ability is good.

Around 4:00 in on the Japanese trailer, we get to suss the new animation for Nasty Plot; thought clouds followed by a light bulb, then aggressive symbols while Persian jitters around. I'm loving the amount of detail they've used for both new moves and to rehash existing ones!

My opinions on this one:

- Decidueye is a really nice design, but they could have done better than that with its name. Also, I don't get why in the world it's a ghost, but I love the type change. Also, a damaging Mean Look (and from the japanese trailer, it's probably not too weak either) has great competitive potential.
- Incineroar should have been a flaming sabertooth tiger, but what we get isn't too bad, I suppose. The design is still so-so, but the Lariat is so cool that I now want it to have a Z-Move that does a flaming Spinning Pile Driver.
- Primarina is... exactly what was leaked. Once it got confirmed that the leak was real, I was hoping the official art and in-game models would have a more majestic look, like Milotic, but it still looks kinda clownish to me. Signature move is also meh, but the typing is good. Let's see what it becomes.
- Love the Water/Fairy Tapu.
- The auto-terrains are really going to shake the metagame, especially the Psychic one. It seems they are making an effort at creating counterplay for all that priority from the last generation.
- I love that psychotic smile that the trainer does before ordering Guardian of Alola to crush the opponent.
- So, we're really helping build a Pokémon League in Alola. Looks like a post-game thing. Has it ever been confirmed that Sun/Moon happens before or after X/Y? Because that theory that the Champion mentioned by the Strange Souvenir guy is actually you may be true after all.
- Cynthia's in battle model looks amazing.
- Red and Blue look really cool, as well.

What I meant was that the three are related to each other, but not cyclically. They could have just as easily gone for Flying-(Poison/Ground/Fighting)-(Fairy/Ice), no combination of which falls in line like Ghost-Dark-Fairy does.

Also, Steel-Ground-Ice.

I really hope the grass starter will be good competitively so we can have another check towards Keldo

We can never have too many good Keldeo switch ins imo

What I love about this trailer is that despite spoiling myself rotten on the datamine it still managed to shock me.

Grass/ghost? All four guardians? Red and Blue are back?! I can fight with Cynthia?! This is all awesome!

But a moment of silence for the apparent loss of Triple Battles (rotation too but I never liked that one).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)