SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Datamine General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something weird is going on with EVs and Call for help chaining/Power items. (Pokerus and power item enabled for everything)

I accidentaly killed the last Lilipup standing after killing 4 and my ATK EV had already gone from 100 to 252.

Then I checked by killing a single Caterpie and I gained 18 HP EVs.

EDIT:

Some more testing on the EV thing:

Defeating 2 Caterpie with Pokerus and power item

118 -> 190 = +72

18 for the first and 54(18*3) for the second.

It might be related to adrenaline orb itself still.

It seems like Game Freak does care ;']

EDIT2:
Popped an Adrenaline Orb and killed a Caterpie -> +18 EVs.

Looks like it goes up with kills made in the chain.

Last edited:
EDIT2:

Hold on, why is it 18 for a single caterpie? I thought it was 1 for the Caterpie, 4 for the power item, x2 for the Pokerus. Where's the rest from?

Either way, the chain boost seems very helpful. Perhaps we don't need hordes after all (though I'll miss them just for coolness too...)

Hold on, why is it 18 for a single caterpie? I thought it was 1 for the Caterpie, 4 for the power item, x2 for the Pokerus. Where's the rest from?

Either way, the chain boost seems very helpful. Perhaps we don't need hordes after all (though I'll miss them just for coolness too...)

It looks like Power Items now give 8 additional EVs (8+1)*2

It looks like Power Items now give 8 additional EVs (8+1)*2

Oh dang, I hadn't heard. Good to know!

If it's not too much to ask, would you be willing to do some tests from 0 EVs and without Pokerus? Just to get a sense of the actual relationship between chain length and EVs (if one indeed exists).

Looks like it corrects for only 18 being awarded for the first kill on the second kill by giving triple EVS and gives double from there.

What if you have them summon a single ally, KO the original one, then run away? The first one could be doubled as well just by virtue of having summoned an ally.

edit: Either way, I guess that means you can max EVs from zero and without Pokerus with a chain of 14

It previously would have taken 10 horde battles I believe, so while it is slower it's not too bad

Last edited:
What if you have them summon a single ally, KO the original one, then run away? The first one could be doubled as well just by virtue of having summoned an ally.

edit: Either way, I guess that means you can max EVs from zero and without Pokerus with a chain of 14

It previously would have taken 10 horde battles I believe, so while it is slower it's not too bad

I checked and you always get 36 from a single kill provided an ally has been called. So I think EVs are simply doubled when an ally has been called once.

I checked and you always get 36 from a single kill provided an ally has been called. So I think EVs are simply doubled when an ally has been called once.

Yeah that makes sense

Alright just one more thing I want to ask you and then I'll get out of your hair: from your tests, what's your impression of the chances of a summon? Is it fairly reliable or a real nuisance?

Yeah that makes sense

Alright just one more thing I want to ask you and then I'll get out of your hair: from your tests, what's your impression of the chances of a summon? Is it fairly reliable or a real nuisance?

With an adrenaline orb and the caller at 1 HP they attempt to call nearly every turn and succeed about 70-80% of the time.
There's word that it depends on the species where more common species will successfully call more easily, but I can't confirm this myself atm.

With an adrenaline orb and the caller at 1 HP they attempt to call nearly every turn and succeed about 70-80% of the time.
There's word that it depends on the species where more common species will successfully call more easily, but I can't confirm this myself atm.

Cool, thanks for being so helpful!

Something weird is going on with EVs and Call for help chaining/Power items. (Pokerus and power item enabled for everything)

I accidentaly killed the last Lilipup standing after killing 4 and my ATK EV had already gone from 100 to 252.

Then I checked by killing a single Caterpie and I gained 18 HP EVs.

EDIT:

Some more testing on the EV thing:

Defeating 2 Caterpie with Pokerus and power item

118 -> 190 = +72

18 for the first and 54(18*3) for the second.

It might be related to adrenaline orb itself still.

It seems like Game Freak does care ;']

EDIT2:

Looks like it goes up with kills made in the chain.
From what I heard, each consecutive SOS helper you kill doubles the ev output.

I know it has nothing to do with this thread, but...can somone who already made it to the second island (or cleared the main story) give me a Rowlett egg by the time I start my game (as soon as i choose my starter) next friday? please!

Side note:

With Alohan Geodude being a thing, Machop is now the only original trade evolutionary line who has not received a new form since their introduction in Gen I. Machamp appearing in the demo gives me hope that it will remain st least somewhat relevant...or better yet, that Machop will be part of the Aloha Dex...

I feel like using the Beast Ball to catch Lunala because it looks cool and would go well with it. Does someone here have the catch rate of Lunala and the modifier on the Beast Ball? Also, notify me whether I can even get Lunala by catching it without going too much into the specifics.

Might be a dumb question but:
Can anyone confirm if there's a way to keep track of your EVs now?
Back in ORAS and XY days there was the trusty Reset Bag + Soft Reset technique. What about now?

Just for reference, here's a list of what appears to be all the new hold items for battles.

Terrain Extender -- An item to be held by a Pokémon. It extends the duration of the terrain caused by the holder’s move or Ability.
Protective Pads -- An item to be held by a Pokémon. These pads protect the holder from effects caused by making direct contact with the target.
Electric Seed -- An item to be held by a Pokémon. It boosts Defense on Electric Terrain. It can only be used once.
Psychic Seed -- An item to be held by a Pokémon. It boosts Sp. Def on Psychic Terrain. It can only be used once.
Misty Seed -- An item to be held by a Pokémon. It boosts Sp. Def on Misty Terrain. It can only be used once.
Grassy Seed -- An item to be held by a Pokémon. It boosts Defense on Grassy Terrain. It can only be used once.
Adrenaline Orb -- Using it makes wild Pokémon more likely to call for help. If held by a Pokémon, it boosts Speed when intimidated. It can be used only once.

Silvally Memories:
Fighting Memory -- A memory disc that contains Fighting-type data. It changes the type of the holder if held by a certain species of Pokémon.
Flying Memory -- A memory disc that contains Flying-type data. It changes the type of the holder if held by a certain species of Pokémon.
Poison Memory -- A memory disc that contains Poison-type data. It changes the type of the holder if held by a certain species of Pokémon.
Ground Memory -- A memory disc that contains Ground-type data. It changes the type of the holder if held by a certain species of Pokémon.
Rock Memory -- A memory disc that contains Rock-type data. It changes the type of the holder if held by a certain species of Pokémon.
Bug Memory -- A memory disc that contains Bug-type data. It changes the type of the holder if held by a certain species of Pokémon.
Ghost Memory -- A memory disc that contains Ghost-type data. It changes the type of the holder if held by a certain species of Pokémon.
Steel Memory -- A memory disc that contains Steel-type data. It changes the type of the holder if held by a certain species of Pokémon.
Fire Memory -- A memory disc that contains Fire-type data. It changes the type of the holder if held by a certain species of Pokémon.
Water Memory -- A memory disc that contains Water-type data. It changes the type of the holder if held by a certain species of Pokémon.
Grass Memory -- A memory disc that contains Grass-type data. It changes the type of the holder if held by a certain species of Pokémon.
Electric Memory -- A memory disc that contains Electric-type data. It changes the type of the holder if held by a certain species of Pokémon.
Psychic Memory -- A memory disc that contains Psychic-type data. It changes the type of the holder if held by a certain species of Pokémon.
Ice Memory -- A memory disc that contains Ice-type data. It changes the type of the holder if held by a certain species of Pokémon.
Dragon Memory -- A memory disc that contains Dragon-type data. It changes the type of the holder if held by a certain species of Pokémon.
Dark Memory -- A memory disc that contains Dark-type data. It changes the type of the holder if held by a certain species of Pokémon.
Fairy Memory -- A memory disc that contains Fairy-type data. It changes the type of the holder if held by a certain species of Pokémon.

Z-Crystals
Normalium Z -- It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Normal-type moves to Normal-type Z-Moves.
Firium Z -- It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Fire-type moves to Fire-type Z-Moves.
Waterium Z -- It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Water-type moves to Water-type Z-Moves.
Electrium Z -- It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Electric-type moves to Electric-type Z-Moves.
Grassium Z -- It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Grass-type moves to Grass-type Z-Moves.
Icium Z -- It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Ice-type moves to Ice-type Z-Moves.
Fightinium Z -- It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Fighting-type moves to Fighting-type Z-Moves.
Poisonium Z -- It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Poison-type moves to Poison-type Z-Moves.
Groundium Z -- It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Ground-type moves to Ground-type Z-Moves.
Flyinium Z -- It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Flying-type moves to Flying-type Z-Moves.
Psychium Z -- It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Psychic-type moves to Psychic-type Z-Moves.
Buginium Z -- It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Bug-type moves to Bug-type Z-Moves.
Rockium Z -- It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Rock-type moves to Rock-type Z-Moves.
Ghostium Z -- It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Ghost-type moves to Ghost-type Z-Moves.
Dragonium Z -- It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Dragon-type moves to Dragon-type Z-Moves.
Darkinium Z -- It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Dark-type moves to Dark-type Z-Moves.
Steelium Z -- It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Steel-type moves to Steel-type Z-Moves.
Fairium Z -- It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Fairy-type moves to Fairy-type Z-Moves.
Pikanium Z -- It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Pikachu’s Volt Tackle to an exclusive Z-Move.
Decidium Z -- It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Decidueye’s Spirit Shackle to an exclusive Z-Move.
Incinium Z -- It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Incineroar’s Darkest Lariat to an exclusive Z-Move.
Primarium Z -- It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Primarina’s Sparkling Aria to an exclusive Z-Move.
Tapunium Z -- It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade the tapu’s Nature’s Madness to an exclusive Z-Move.
Marshadium Z -- It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Marshadow’s Spectral Thief to an exclusive Z-Move.
Aloraichium Z -- It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Alolan Raichu’s Thunderbolt to an exclusive Z-Move.
Snorlium Z -- It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Snorlax’s Giga Impact to an exclusive Z-Move.
Eevium Z -- It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Eevee’s Last Resort to an exclusive Z-Move.
Mewnium Z -- It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Mew’s Psychic to an exclusive Z-Move.
Pikashunium Z -- It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade a Thunderbolt by Pikachu in a cap to an exclusive Z-Move.

Complete list of all items added to the Sun/Moon spreadsheet (Items tab):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...k0FCRAx51xVkuOlcWaJk1zPvE/edit#gid=1598860739

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back