Data Pokemon Sun/Moon Battle Mechanics Research

I have some trouble finding info about this move, so sorry if this was already explained. Does Speed Swap work exactly like Guard Swap and Power Swap where it only affects stat changes (i.e, boosts and drops)? Or can it swap the user's actual base speed?

Perry

slayer
is a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I don't think this has been asked before so how does merciless interact with shell armor (say, if mega slowbro is poisoned?)

Silvally is always normal type even after a forme change (just like Arceus)
What do you mean by this? Arceus formes aren't normal/x, so is there context I'm missing here?

Unrelated: did anyone ever test No Guard and OHKO moves? I see OHKO moves in general got tested but I couldn't see a definitive answer.

Last edited:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
What do you mean by this? Arceus formes aren't normal/x, so is there context I'm missing here?
I'm fairy confused too on this.

I think he means that the hackmons interaction hasn't changed (Arceus can only change types with Multitype and a Plate attached, no other conditions even with hacking) and that Silvally shares this quirk, which is true.

Not sure if this was answered (cannot see it on OP) but, just to confirm... can a Pokemon with Corrosion poison Poison-type Pokemon (as well as Steel-types with a Ring Target) through secondary effects (e.g. Sludge Bomb)?

I'm fairy confused too on this.

I think he means that the hackmons interaction hasn't changed (Arceus can only change types with Multitype and a Plate attached, no other conditions even with hacking) and that Silvally shares this quirk, which is true.
That makes sense. That makes them immune to, for example, Soak and Forest's Curse, right?

Does Arceus actually have a way to get Burn Up, or is it just technical trivia for now?

Since nobody answered me last time, I'll just ask again. What effect does Psychic Terrain have on Nature Power and Secret Power? What attack does Nature Power turn into and what status effect/debuff does Secret Power have in it?

Spotlight only allows your pokes to target one pokemon on the opposing side of the field (it's intended usage is to deal with follow me I guess).
Whoa, what? Are you absolutely certain about this? To date, I believe the only move that let you choose to target an opponent but not your ally has been Me First. I assumed Spotlight was mainly for making opponents attack your Destiny Bond ally or whatever. But it only works on opponents?

Does Solgaleo keep Splash across evolution from Cosmog, or is it somehow forcibly overwritten like with Kyurem's form changes?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)