Data Pokemon Sun/Moon Battle Mechanics Research

I assume that, once it recovers Comatose, it heals from its status ailment, right?

(also including what would happen after a Mold Breaker user inflicts status on a Comatose user)
Sorry, I need to retract that. The first post on Mold Breaker and Comatose was confusing.

It says Mold Breaker ignores Comatose but what they mean is that Mold Breaker doesn't work on Comatose. You can't paralyze with the Mold Breaker Thunder Wave.

A Primarina with Liquid Voice uses Hyper Voice while Ion Deluge is in effect. Is the Hyper Voice a Water attack due to her ability, or an Electric Attack due to Ion Deluge?

When Ash-Greninja mega evolves, is Water Shuriken the only attack boosted outside of its base stats?

Has there been any change to the Illusion ability? aka Does it work like Disguise?

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
If a standard Z-Move (i.e. not a Pokemon-exclusive one) were hacked onto a normal moveslot, what happens when you use it in battle? Does it deal damage with a base power of 1?

Other than the secondary effect and the move that is performed in Psychic Terrain by Secret Power and Nature Power respectively, do they otherwise work exactly as in the Gen VI games?

I assume that, once it recovers Comatose, it heals from its status ailment, right?

(also including what would happen after a Mold Breaker user inflicts status on a Comatose user)
I made a post about this last night, and a week ago. It doesn't work. It actually acts like sleep without the asleep status icon being present with all the effects of the pokemon being asleep except that it can use normal moves.
Sorry, I need to retract that. The first post on Mold Breaker and Comatose was confusing.

It says Mold Breaker ignores Comatose but what they mean is that Mold Breaker doesn't work on Comatose. You can't paralyze with the Mold Breaker Thunder Wave.
exactly.

Does Magnet Rise allow it's user to use priority in Psychic Terrain?
Psychic Terrain doesn't allow grounded types to use priority, but it protects grounded types from priority. That being said magnet rise users should be vulnerable to priority as they aren't grounded anymore for the duration.

• Strength Sap heals an amount of HP equal to the users Attack stat at the time, then lowers its Attack stat by 1. Stat changes are taken into account. An ally's Defiant is not triggered when targeted by Strength Sap. Strength Sap fails against a target with -6 Attack but does not fail against a Pokemon with the abilities Hyper Cutter, Clear Body, etc and in those cases simply restores HP without lowering the Pokemon's Attack stat. (yetaanotherperson 1 2)
Actually, S Sap first reduces Atk and then heals HP. However, the healed HP is calculated beforehand and doesn't take into account that last Atk drop (this is what I wanted to say in my second post and why went into so much detail in the example, but somehow I failed to get the point across). So the first sentence about it in the OP needs to be changed a little.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Actually, S Sap first reduces Atk and then heals HP. However, the healed HP is calculated beforehand and doesn't take into account that last Atk drop (this is what I wanted to say in my second post and why went into so much detail in the example, but somehow I failed to get the point across). So the first sentence about it in the OP needs to be changed a little.
changed to this "Strength Sap first lowers the target's Attack stat by 1 then heals the user by an amount equal to the target's Attack stat before it was lowered." Also changed the Mold Breaker vs Comatose line to make that more clear.

I'm sorry for posting this here (can't find anything in the datamine thread unless I've been looking in the wrong places) but has any data been found on catch rates?

If you guys need me to test anything out on the game I can. From the looks of things though, you guys seem to have everything perfectly under control. Thanks for all the hard work, you guys are amazing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)