Data Pokemon Sun/Moon Battle Mechanics Research

I assume the Z-moves that replace Psyshock, Sacred Sword and that Mewtwo Psyshock equivalent don't have the base attack's spectrum-swap trait? Since all the evidence so far has said that attacking moves just get straight-out replaced. Shame :/
If anything, this opens up more options... You can run Psychic Z item + Psyhock and have a move to hit physical and special defense in one slot.

Also, to not derail the thread: Has anyone checked if Wide Guard stops status moves as well now?

So... If King's Shield can trigger its effect on normal type moves... Can Cacturne's Spiky Shield leave the foe injured if it's hit by, let's say, Psycho Cut?

Can Z-moves be boosted by Stakeout?

Can an imposter Ditto holding a Z crystal use a Z-move after it copies a mega evolution?

Could you specify the situation where this happened?
I was fighting a wild female Drampa with my False Swipe Golisopod. The Golisopod was above 50% and the Drampa was at 1HP. I was waiting for the female Drampa to call help, because I wanted to catch a male one.
Pretty sure the Drampa was at +1 because of its Ability. It used Dragon Pulse on my Golisopod and took me down to just above red from above 50%. I used Full Restore. A few turns later it took me down to below 50% again. Emergency Exit never activated.

My Golisopod had a far higher level.

Did it already activate Emergency Exit during the battle? Serebii says Emergency Exit only activates once per battle.
No it didn't. If it would have, then the wild battle would have automatically ended.

I was fighting a wild female Drampa with my False Swipe Golisopod. The Golisopod was above 50% and the Drampa was at 1HP. I was waiting for the female Drampa to call help, because I wanted to catch a male one.
Pretty sure the Drampa was at +1 because of its Ability. It used Dragon Pulse on my Golisopod and took me down to just above red from above 50%. I used Full Restore. A few turns later it took me down to below 50% again. Emergency Exit never activated.

See, I recall reading that it needed to be a hit that 1) Took you below 50% AND 2) Did more than 50% damage (hence "sensing danger") but I saw it listed as a Wimp Out clone in here so disregarded it. I suppose that would warrant some testing?

If Ribombee uses Quiver Dance, will the the health restored to an ally by Pollen Puff be boosted as well, as if it were a conventional attack?

Last edited:
Does Mold Breaker ignore Full Metal Body, Shadow Shield, and Prism Armor? Do all 3 of those abilities (and Beast Boost while we're at it) interact normally with Trace and ability-affecting moves like Skill Swap?

Does Moongeist Beam ignore Prism Armor?

I would be really surprised if they're hiding all these secrets in Water Bubble, Prankster, etc. and then it turns out all 4 of these really are just Clear Body/Multiscale/Moxie/Filter clones.

No it didn't. If it would have, then the wild battle would have automatically ended.
Three things I think are likely here:
-Emergency Exit doesn't work in wild battles, only trainer battles
-Emergency Exit doesn't work against pokemon of a much lower level
-Emergency Exit doesn't work if the opposing pokemon has low HP

Set-up a test to see if any of these are true.

Three things I think are likely here:
-Emergency Exit doesn't work in wild battles, only trainer battles
This is 100% wrong. It works and ends the wild battle. I have actually seen this happen.

-Emergency Exit doesn't work against pokemon of a much lower level
This is possible.

-Emergency Exit doesn't work if the opposing pokemon has low HP
I've seen Emergency Exit trigger against 1HP Pokemon before while trying to chain. At least I'm pretty sure I did.

It does say "sensing danger" in the description so maybe a pokémon needs to fulfill certain requirements to be classified as "dangerous" to Golisopod. This might fit with the level difference.

How much do we not know about Battle Royal? I can confirm that Jump Kick and High Jump Kick do not cause recoil if the targeted Pokemon has already fainted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)