Pokemon: The New First Gen (Submissions for new Pokemon Over, Except costumes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean as in like the Pokemon having an alternate form based on an item, one for each type, and then certain Pokemon would be able to use certain items to put on a costume and gain a few stats and different abilities.

IE: A Vampire Pyroar, with a red and black mane and longer fangs and such. It would become more physical, slower, and more defensive while gaining the dark typing.
I can think of some ideas for this. Also, perhaps there is a costume shop in the region where you can do this. That might be a bit fitting.

Here is a suggestion for another costume item, the Mysterious Cloak.
I have one Pokémon who can currently wear this, the Machamp line.
Reaper Machop- Ghost/Pshychic Darken/Life Drain(New ability)/Magician(Hidden)
Reaper Machoke- Ghost/Psychic Darken/Life Drain/Magician(Hidden)
Reaper Machamp- Ghost/Psychic Darken/Life Drain/Magician(Hidden)
Life Drain- Ghost type attacks heal the user for 25% of the damage dealt.
I will put out stats and new moves later.

Here is a suggestion for another costume item, the Mysterious Cloak.
I have one Pokémon who can currently wear this, the Machamp line.
Reaper Machop- Ghost/Pshychic Darken/Life Drain(New ability)/Magician(Hidden)
Reaper Machoke- Ghost/Psychic Darken/Life Drain/Magician(Hidden)
Reaper Machamp- Ghost/Psychic Darken/Life Drain/Magician(Hidden)
Life Drain- Ghost type attacks heal the user for 25% of the damage dealt.
I will put out stats and new moves later.
Ooh! I like that. So the Ghost type item will be the Mysterious Cloak? I Like It! Although, Can we change the ability to 20% of any move? I just feel that only ghost types is a bit too constrictive.

I felt ghost type moves were more fitting, but if you feel that your suggestion is better, go ahead =P

Also, as a reference to the anime, I bring you, The Super Hero Disguise, which Pikachu wears in this one movie making episode, the one that also shows off the Cosplay Pikachu:
Super Pichu: Electric/Flying Air Approach/Hasty(Hidden)
Super Pikachu: Electric/Flying Air Approach/Hasty(Hidden)
Super Raichu: Electric/Flying Air Approach/Competetive(Hidden)
Super Raichu(Alolan): Psychic/Flying Air Approach/Defiant(Hidden)

Last edited:
Only reason I say this is because I have a vampiric pyroar idea.
Ah
Anyways, for Reaper Machamp's line stats, here you go:
Reaper Machop:
Hp: 75
Attack: 30
Defense: 55
Sp. Atk: 50
Sp. Def: 60
Speed: 50
BST: 325
Reaper Machoke:
Hp: 95
Attack: 35
Defense: 65
Sp. Atk: 80
Sp. Def: 85
Speed: 65
BST: 425
Reaper Machamp:
Hp: 120
Attack: 40
Defense: 80
Sp. Atk: 100
Sp. Def: 100
Speed: 85
BST: 525
Their new moves are Psychic, Psyshock, Shadow Ball, Ominous Wind, and Dark Pulse

Also, should we make it so that costume pokemon have the same BST as they originally had?

On a completely unrelated note, I have a map of the [inset name here] region that we are using:
We can change it up a bit if we need to.

Last edited:
Ah
Anyways, for Reaper Machamp's line stats, here you go:
Reaper Machop:
Hp: 70
Attack: 30
Defense: 55
Sp. Atk: 45
Sp. Def: 60
Speed: 45
BST: 305
Reaper Machoke:
Hp: 80
Attack: 35
Defense: 65
Sp. Atk: 80
Sp. Def: 80
Speed: 65
BST: 405
Reaper Machamp:
Hp: 115
Attack: 40
Defense: 75
Sp. Atk: 100
Sp. Def: 100
Speed: 75
BST: 505
Their new moves are Psychic, Psyshock, Shadow Ball, Ominous Wind, and Dark Pulse

Also, should we make it so that costume pokemon have the same BST as they originally had?

On a completely unrelated note, I have a map of the [inset name here] region that we are using:
We can change it up a bit if we need to.
You get to add an additional 20 the Bst's in anyway you want.

I felt ghost type moves were more fitting, but if you feel that your suggestion is better, go ahead =P

Also, as a reference to the anime, I bring you, The Super Hero Disguise, which Pikachu wears in this one movie making episode, the one that also shows off the Cosplay Pikachu:
Super Pichu: Electric/Flying Air Approach/Hasty(Hidden)
Super Pikachu: Electric/Flying Air Approach/Hasty(Hidden)
Super Raichu: Electric/Flying Air Approach/Competetive(Hidden)
Super Raichu(Alolan): Psychic/Flying Air Approach/Defiant(Hidden)
Super Pikachu seems pretty awesome. would this be like an exclusive costume, not tied to any types and only used for this line?

Super Pikachu seems pretty awesome. would this be like an exclusive costume, not tied to any types and only used for this line?
Possibly, since it's so specific. If you can think of anything else that would fit with it, feel free to add it. ;)
Edit: Just letting you know that I'm almost finished with making the submission for the Pink Fairy Armdillo. It should be in by at latest of Sunday.

Last edited:
I stayed up 'till 11 to finish the moveset =P

Armymph

Name Justification: Armadillo + Nymph
Egg Groups: Field & Fairy
Type 1: Ground
Type 2: Fairy
Ability 1: Sand Rush
Ability 2: Burrow
Hidden Ability: Quick Claws
40/64/84/30/55/77 BST-350
Competitive Ideas: I wanted this pokemon to be a bit special, having fine defenses for also a good speed to use. This pokemon still runs a decent attack, making it viable in many strategies. It’s abilities are built around speed and priority, so running a defensive, slower set, is also a viable option.
Start: Underground Trap (Move Reminder)
Start: Dig
Start: Fairy Claw
Start: Sand Attack
Start: Odor Sleuth
Start: Defense Curl
5: Baby-Doll Eyes
6: Mud-Slap
6: Low Sweep
8: Scratch
9: Sand Tomb
11: Rock Throw
11: Rollout
12: Dig
14: Headbutt
16: Fairy Claw
17: Quick Attack
17: Magnitude
19: Flail
21: Fury Swipes
21: Fury Cutter
21: Slash
23: Crush Claw
25: Mud Shot
26: Mud Bomb
28: Charm
28: Helping Hand
29: Zen Headbutt
31: Underground Trap
31: Chip Away
33: Amnesia
34: Ice Ball
35: X-Scissor
38: Play Rough
38: Sweet Kiss
40: Rock Blast
41: Skull Bash
41: Last Resort
45: Cross-Chop
59: Night Slash
67: Dragon Claw
75: Superpower

Protect
Substitute
HP
Toxic
Rest
Attract
Captivate
Double Edge
Mimic
Bide
Curse
Endure
Natural Gift
Secret Power
Snore
Return
Taunt
Thief
Rock Climb
Low Sweep
Earthquake
Fissure
Rock Tomb
Sandstorm
U-Turn
Fling
Shadow Claw
Hone Claws

Knock Off
Iron Head

Crush Claw: Sandshrew, Sandslash, Zangoose
Dragon Claw: Armymph, Burrowxie
Fairy Claw: Armymph, Burrowxie
Metal Claw: Sneasel, Weavile, Lucario, Drilbur, Excadrill
Shadow Claw: Kecleon
Hone Claws: Sneasel, Weavile, Zangoose, Glameow, Purugly, Purrloin, Liepard, Drilbur, Excadrill, Zoroark, Heatmor
Shell Smash: Torkoal
Rototiller: Dugtrio, Linoone, Bibarel, Lopunny, Watchog, Excadrill, Diggersby
Belch: Ekans, Arbok, Seviper, Stunky, Skuntank

As you can see, Armymph’s shiny is no longer a Pink Fairy Armadillo, but a Purple Fairy Armadillo (with a tan!) :P

(Concept art is unavailable)
Burrowxie
Name Justification: Burrow + Pixie
50/84/141/40/95/117 BST-527
Moves
Description: Comes out of the ground, has more gold-resembling fur. Keeps the pink shell. End of it’s armadillo shell thing is more like hair than shell. Giant claws. Keeps up the cute style, but also gets a more confident look. Also yes, I do hope that someone can create some art for this =P
Competitive Ideas: So this is a pokemon that has quite the gimmick, having pretty above average speed for solid defenses. It’s attack is fairly decent too, making it capable of performing adequate attacks. It’s Hp and Special attack are lacking, though. While it won’t need to use special attacks anyways, it’s Hp is making it’s defenses not help it as much, but with it’s priority/speed abilities, it hopefully won’t have to deal with the hard hits that the fast and hard attackers could throw at this.
Start: Dig (Move Reminder)
Start: Fairy Claw (Move Reminder)
Start: Sand Attack (Move Reminder)
Start: Odor Sleuth (Move Reminder)
Start: Defense Curl (Move Reminder)

42: Smack Down
45: Extreme Speed
49: Poison Jab
49: Clear Smog
57: Switcheroo
62: Earth Power
73: Muddy Water
79: Me First
90: Underground Trap
100: Metal Claw
100: Shadow Claw
100: Crush Claw
100: Dragon Claw
100: Fairy Claw
100: Hone Claws

Protect
Substitute
HP
Toxic
Rest
Attract
Captivate
Double Edge
Mimic
Bide
Curse
Endure
Natural Gift
Secret Power
Snore
Return
Taunt
Thief
Rock Climb
Low Sweep
Earthquake
Fissure
Rock Tomb
Sandstorm
U-Turn
Fling
Shadow Claw
Hone Claws

Knock Off
Iron Head

Shell Smash
Rototiller
Belch
Baby-Doll Eyes
Mud-Slap
Low Sweep
Scratch
Sand Tomb
Rock Throw
Rollout
Headbutt
Magnitude
Flail
Fury Swipes
Fury Cutter
Slash
Mud Shot
Mud Bomb
Charm
Helping Hand
Zen Headbutt
Chip Away
Amnesia
Ice Ball
X-Scissor
Play Rough
Sweet Kiss
Rock Blast
Skull Bash
Last Resort
Cross-Chop
Night Slash

Armymph evolves into Burrowxie at level 42

Burrow: Ground type moves gain +1 priority

Fairy Claw - Move Classification: Physical Type: Fairy Power: 70 Acc: 100% Target: 1 Adjacent Pokemon Effect: Has a 25% chance of lowering the target’s defense by 1 stage (This does work for the Quick Claws ability, right?)
Contest Qualities -(if we are going to have contests in this) Condition: Cute Appeal/Jam: 2 Appeal, 3 Jam Effects: Nothing else

Underground Trap - Move Classification: Physical Type: Ground Power: 100(Only does damage if pokemon falls for the trap) Acc: -(Always Works) Target: Self Effect: If the pokemon is attacked(works for against both physical and special moves, but not status) on the same turn that this move is used, then the attacker will take damage(calculated by the base power) and make it unable to switch.(Like a combination of Turtonator’s move Shell Trap and mean look) +4 Priority. Because this trap move is ground type move, pokemon that are normally immune to ground type moves are also immune to this attack, just to clarify.
Contest Qualities - Condition: Clever Appeal/Jam: 3 Appeal, 0 Jam Effect: Makes remaining pokemon nervous, giving them a chance(Whatever percentage that is) to not perform that turn

I'm currently thinking of making a Ghost/Dark Scarecrow Pokemon (Possibly Line) that has distinct advantages against birds.(Since scarecrorws were made to keep away crows, or in the pokemon universe, this pokemon is used to scare away local Murkrow)

Going back to a comment I made before in this post, I mentioned that when including he contest effects for the moves if we do have a contest hall/performance place. So, that raises the discussion, should we have contests included into this? If so, I can put some time aside to make contest effects for all of our new moves.

Last edited:
I stayed up 'till 11 to finish the moveset =P

Armymph

Name Justification: Armadillo + Nymph
40/64/84/30/55/77 BST-350
Competitive Ideas: I wanted this pokemon to be a bit special, having fine defenses for also a good speed to use. This pokemon still runs a decent attack, making it viable in many strategies. It’s abilities are built around speed and priority, so running a defensive, slower set, is also a viable option.
Start: Dig
Start: Fairy Claw
Start: Sand Attack
Start: Odor Sleuth
Start: Defense Curl
5: Baby-Doll Eyes
6: Mud-Slap
6: Low Sweep
8: Scratch
9: Sand Tomb
11: Rock Throw
11: Rollout
12: Dig
14: Headbutt
16: Fairy Claw
17: Quick Attack
17: Magnitude
19: Flail
21: Fury Swipes
21: Fury Cutter
21: Slash
23: Crush Claw
25: Mud Shot
26: Mud Bomb
28: Charm
28: Helping Hand
29: Zen Headbutt
31: Underground Trap
31: Chip Away
33: Amnesia
34: Ice Ball
35: X-Scissor
38: Play Rough
38: Sweet Kiss
40: Rock Blast
41: Skull Bash
41: Last Resort
45: Cross-Chop
59: Night Slash

Protect
Substitute
HP
Toxic
Rest
Attract
Captivate
Double Edge
Mimic
Bide
Curse
Endure
Natural Gift
Secret Power
Snore
Return
Taunt
Thief
Rock Climb
Low Sweep
Earthquake
Fissure
Rock Tomb
Sandstorm
U-Turn
Fling
Shadow Claw
Hone Claws

Knock Off
Iron Head

Crush Claw: Sandshrew, Sandslash, Zangoose
Dragon Claw: Armymph, Burrowxie
Fairy Claw: Armymph, Burrowxie
Metal Claw: Sneasel, Weavile, Lucario, Drilbur, Excadrill
Shadow Claw: Kecleon
Hone Claws: Sneasel, Weavile, Zangoose, Glameow, Purugly, Purrloin, Liepard, Drilbur, Excadrill, Zoroark, Heatmor
Shell Smash: Torkoal
Rototiller: Dugtrio, Linoone, Bibarel, Lopunny, Watchog, Excadrill, Diggersby
Belch: Ekans, Arbok, Seviper, Stunky, Skuntank

As you can see, Armymph’s shiny is no longer a Pink Fairy Armadillo, but a Purple Fairy Armadillo (with a tan!) :P

(Concept art is unavailable)
Burrowxie
Name Justification: Burrow + Pixie
50/84/141/40/95/117 BST-527
Moves
Description: Comes out of the ground, has more gold-resembling fur. Keeps the pink shell. End of it’s armadillo shell thing is more like hair than shell. Giant claws. Keeps up the cute style, but also gets a more confident look. Also yes, I do hope that someone can create some art for this =P
Competitive Ideas: So this is a pokemon that has quite the gimmick, having pretty above average speed for solid defenses. It’s attack is fairly decent too, making it capable of performing adequate attacks. It’s Hp and Special attack are lacking, though. While it won’t need to use special attacks anyways, it’s Hp is making it’s defenses not help it as much, but with it’s priority/speed abilities, it hopefully won’t have to deal with the hard hits that the fast and hard attackers could throw at this.
Start: Dig (Move Reminder)
Start: Fairy Claw (Move Reminder)
Start: Sand Attack (Move Reminder)
Start: Odor Sleuth (Move Reminder)
Start: Defense Curl (Move Reminder)

42: Smack Down
45: Extreme Speed
49: Poison Jab
49: Clear Smog
57: Switcheroo
62: Earth Power
73: Muddy Water
79: Me First
90: Underground Trap
100: Metal Claw
100: Shadow Claw
100: Crush Claw
100: Dragon Claw
100: Fairy Claw
100: Hone Claws

Protect
Substitute
HP
Toxic
Rest
Attract
Captivate
Double Edge
Mimic
Bide
Curse
Endure
Natural Gift
Secret Power
Snore
Return
Taunt
Thief
Rock Climb
Low Sweep
Earthquake
Fissure
Rock Tomb
Sandstorm
U-Turn
Fling
Shadow Claw
Hone Claws

Knock Off
Iron Head

Shell Smash
Rototiller
Belch
Baby-Doll Eyes
Mud-Slap
Low Sweep
Scratch
Sand Tomb
Rock Throw
Rollout
Headbutt
Magnitude
Flail
Fury Swipes
Fury Cutter
Slash
Mud Shot
Mud Bomb
Charm
Helping Hand
Zen Headbutt
Chip Away
Amnesia
Ice Ball
X-Scissor
Play Rough
Sweet Kiss
Rock Blast
Skull Bash
Last Resort
Cross-Chop
Night Slash

Armymph evolves into Burrowxie at level 42

Burrow: Ground type moves gain +1 priority

Fairy Claw - Move Classification: Physical Type: Fairy Power: 70 Acc: 100% Target: 1 Adjacent Pokemon Effect: Has a 25% chance of lowering the target’s defense by 1 stage (This does work for the Quick Claws ability, right?)
Contest Qualities -(if we are going to have contests in this) Condition: Cute Appeal/Jam: 2 Appeal, 3 Jam Effects: Nothing else

Underground Trap - Move Classification: Physical Type: Ground Power: 100(Only does damage if pokemon falls for the trap) Acc: -(Always Works) Target: Self Effect: If the pokemon is attacked(works for against both physical and special moves, but not status) on the same turn that this move is used, then the attacker will take damage(calculated by the base power) and make it unable to switch.(Like a combination of Turtonator’s move Shell Trap and mean look) +4 Priority. Because this trap move is ground type move, pokemon that are normally immune to ground type moves are also immune to this attack, just to clarify.
Contest Qualities - Condition: Clever Appeal/Jam: 3 Appeal, 0 Jam Effect: Makes remaining pokemon nervous, giving them a chance(Whatever percentage that is) to not perform that turn

I'm currently thinking of making a Ghost/Dark Scarecrow Pokemon (Possibly Line) that has distinct advantages against birds.(Since scarecrorws were made to keep away crows, or in the pokemon universe, this pokemon is used to scare away local Murkrow)

Going back to a comment I made before in this post, I mentioned that when including he contest effects for the moves if we do have a contest hall/performance place. So, that raises the discussion, should we have contests included into this? If so, I can put some time aside to make contest effects for all of our new moves.
I don't know about contests, but If you want to see them, knock yourself out. The line seems pretty good, but I have some concerns with burrow. As long as they don't get any spectacularly powerful ground type moves, I think it should be fine.

I don't know about contests, but If you want to see them, knock yourself out. The line seems pretty good, but I have some concerns with burrow. As long as they don't get any spectacularly powerful ground type moves, I think it should be fine.
The strongest ground move it gets is earthquake, which it has 20 less power than brave bird. It shouldn't be as op as Talonflame's brave bird, since the move has 20 less power. If you need me to remove earthquake though, I can.
Also, for the list of Pokémon, I noticed that you forgot some of the TM moves that Armymph and Burrowxie can learn.

Last edited:
The strongest ground move it gets is earthquake, which it has 20 less power than brave bird. It shouldn't be as op as Talonflame's brave bird, since the move has 20 less power. If you need me to remove earthquake though, I can.
Also, for the list of Pokémon, I noticed that you forgot some of the TM moves that Armymph and Burrowxie can learn.
I did? I'll Hvae to check. And I think Earthquake is fine.

I did? I'll Hvae to check. And I think Earthquake is fine.
I beleive that you are missing the ones that all Pokemon that can learn TMs can learn:
Protect
Substitute
HP
Toxic
Rest
Attract
Captivate
Double Edge
Mimic
Bide
Curse
Endure
Natural Gift
Secret Power
Snore
Return

Also, while I'm at it, I might as well point out that Machop's costume line's stats need to be updated and the new abilities and new moves need to be added into their respective charts. That's it that I found that needs to be edited.

EDIT: When looking around for some good ideas for fossil pokemon, since we need a second one, I found us a Rock/Poison Candidate, the Megalania. Just thought I'd put that idea out there.

Last edited:
While I'm not supposed to double post, I'd like to get this question noticed. So sorry for that: :P

So, how exactly do you determine the rankings of each Pokémon? I remember you saying that you don't have any platform to test it on, so I was just curious.

While I'm not supposed to double post, I'd like to get this question noticed. So sorry for that: :P

So, how exactly do you determine the rankings of each Pokémon? I remember you saying that you don't have any platform to test it on, so I was just curious.
I Have a platform for testing, but most of it is just pure speculation.
And I don't care about double posting personally.

Well, now that Burrowxie is out, I might as well make a set for it. I may add some more later:

In 'N 'Out
Burrowxie @Muscle Band
Ability: Quick Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Underground Trap
- Fairy Claw
- U-Turn
- Rock Blast / Fury Swipes / Clear Smog
So this set is definitely a fun one. This Pokemon can get increased attack(I know, I could've increased the attack even more with different items, but this is the only one that does it without penalties, since both losing 10% of hp and being locked into a single move would defeat the versatility and bulk of of Burrowxie) along with priority switch out moves, allowing it to mess with the opponent, set traps and be defensive, have a priority on a solid attack, have priority on resetting set-up sweepers, and having priority on moves that could possibly result in having over 70 overall power. This set overall gives Burrowxie a strong hold in the battle.

Last edited:
Just A Potential Idea, not Necessarily A Good one, but Maybe Kabuto and Kabutops Could have a costume based on Majora's Mask?
Kabuto-Majora
Hp: 30
Attack: 25
Defense: 125
Sp. Atk: 50
Sp. Def: 125
Speed: 20
BST: 375
Type: Psychic

Kabutops-Majora
Hp: 75
Attack: 25
Defense: 50
Sp. Atk: 130
Sp. Def: 120
Speed: 125
BST: 515
Type: Psychic

Abilities: Protean, Cursed Body, Psychic Surge
Moves:Psychic, Dark Pulse, Hyper voice, Glare
Probably Broken, But I Don't Care, And It Can't use an Item.

I'm going to do more stuff once I think of it, but there are couple things I want to bring up:

1. A minor one: Dugtrio's Attack stat got buffed to 100 in Su/Mo, and since I modeled Spirilure's stats after Duggy's, do you think it would be fair to give Spirilure somewhere between 95 and 105 SpAtk?
2. New moves: Will Pokemon that already have movesets get new moves, like Brutal Swing?

Just curious, do we have shinies for all of the current sprites? If not, I can make a few shinies.

Also, when looking at the google docs, why is Stoutland's name have gray around it while the others have white?

Last edited:
Just curious, do we have shinies for all of the current sprites? If not, I can make a few shinies.

Also, when looking at the google docs, why is Stoutland's name have gray around it while the others have white?
The Gray means it's coded already, and if it's white then it isn't coded and we don't have any shinies yet.

I'm going to do more stuff once I think of it, but there are couple things I want to bring up:

1. A minor one: Dugtrio's Attack stat got buffed to 100 in Su/Mo, and since I modeled Spirilure's stats after Duggy's, do you think it would be fair to give Spirilure somewhere between 95 and 105 SpAtk?
2. New moves: Will Pokemon that already have movesets get new moves, like Brutal Swing?

Yeah, I think that Spirilure should probably be buffed, and yeah, the movesets will be updated.

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
this is a question out of pure curiousity, but will there be pokemon specific costumes, or is there a costume for each type?

eg: Galvanized Helmet: Changes the secondary type of this pokemon to Electric. Changes the holders ability to Electric terrain. Adds Thunder, Thunderbolt, Wild Charge, Discharge, Thunder Punch and Nuzzle to this pokemon's moveset. Gives + 20 Speed, +10 Attack and Special Attack. loses 10 Defence and Special Defence.

I feel like this could add a new twist to some existing pokemon, and spice up the metagame a bit. just my idea though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)