Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

Also, I have an Adamant 50% Ziggy in Gen 6; do we have any idea whether Zygardes transferred from Pokebank can change form too?
Might want someone to cross-confirm but this is my understanding.

All Zygarde from pre-gen7, and those created in gen7 with less than 100 cells (in other words, all with Aura Break) can be considered "loose" Zygarde. All loose Zygarde can be disassembled into cells (completely destroying the pokemon) and you can use the cells to generate another Zygarde (new IVs, nature, etc). Loose Zygarde cannot change forms without disassembly.

When you have 100 cells you have the option to make a "solid" Zygarde with Power Construct. This one can change forms and cannot disassemble.

If you transfer Zygardes from bank they can be used as a "free" +50 cells basically.

Might want someone to cross-confirm but this is my understanding.

All Zygarde from pre-gen7, and those created in gen7 with less than 100 cells (in other words, all with Aura Break) can be considered "loose" Zygarde. All loose Zygarde can be disassembled into cells (completely destroying the pokemon) and you can use the cells to generate another Zygarde (new IVs, nature, etc). Loose Zygarde cannot change forms without disassembly.

When you have 100 cells you have the option to make a "solid" Zygarde with Power Construct. This one can change forms and cannot disassemble.

If you transfer Zygardes from bank they can be used as a "free" +50 cells basically.
Okay... I think that helps... (still could use a nature recommendation lol but that addresses a lot of pertinent information that's actually helpful for other people haha)

@ the bolded part: the fully-formed Ziggy can only swap between 100% and whichever of the lesser forms is chosen, right? Or can it go between all three?

It can swap between 10 and 50, probably from the Zygarde-maker machine interface, maybe from the Zygarde cube. Unsure as I haven't personally hit that point. 100 is only possible mid-battle via the effects of Power Construct.

Though, on that note, can 10/50 use Core Enforcer or is it a dead moveslot until 100 is triggered?

Okay this might be a little much, but here it goes.

I want to make a team OU/Ubers team without any legendaries/tapu's/beasts. The reason I want to make this is I want to battle my friends, and they think it's unfair when we use legends. So I want a good team to play against them. I think it would be better to send me a message, so we don't spam the thread.

I want to make a team OU/Ubers team without any legendaries/tapu's/beasts. The reason I want to make this is I want to battle my friends, and they think it's unfair when we use legends. So I want a good team to play against them. I think it would be better to send me a message, so we don't spam the thread.
I think thats a great idea. My moon team has none of those myself

Start by Mimikyu and Tsareena and go from there. xD

Is there an ETA when the first round of suspects will be? Its been a week since Aegi was banned and Pheromosa is running rampant.

What pokemon typically carry strong ground type attacks besides EQ? I'm using grassy terrain to protect a pokemon with a ground weakness and I want to know what to look out for.

omg omg omg I know this doesn't go here but on my 620th egg this beauty hatches

So hyped. it was my first ever time hatching eggs for a shiny... now what to name her(its a female)

I've been running defog mega scizor in SM OU pre-bank for a while but I discovered today my team was rejected because of it. What changed?

I've been running defog mega scizor in SM OU pre-bank for a while but I discovered today my team was rejected because of it. What changed?
I was kinda surprised when i saw that Defog Scizor was allowed pre bank. Scizor can only get it via breeding with parents coming from gen 4 DPP (Cause Defog was a HM). So its not legal.

PD: Pokeaim lol

if you're running a chansey with counter, is it better to run full HP spread instead of investing into def?
Chansey run max Def and SpDef so... with that HP it dosnt matter to much.

What pokemon typically carry strong ground type attacks besides EQ? I'm using grassy terrain to protect a pokemon with a ground weakness and I want to know what to look out for.
The two that are likely to show up are Marowak-A (Bonemerang) and Zygarde (Thousand Arrows).

Landorus could run Earth Power, but I think it would normally rather EQ anyways. If the meta favors it in the future, Kyurem can also use Earth Power.

The two that are likely to show up are Marowak-A (Bonemerang) and Zygarde (Thousand Arrows).

Landorus could run Earth Power, but I think it would normally rather EQ anyways. If the meta favors it in the future, Kyurem can also use Earth Power.
Mudsale could run High Horsepower just to counter Grassy Terrain teams as well.

I'm trying to make an OU pokebank team out of the tapu koko, pelipper, a-raichu combo but I'm having a difficult time with finding the right partners. I've got SS kingdra, which works well, and scizor, who's is ok. Any suggestion for a team like this? Mega swap would have worked good I thought but his stone hasn't been released.

Any ideas?

50% Zygard?

I mean, 10% is offensive, so Jolly/Adamant is good. 50% and complete are defensives mons, so Bold or Carefull is good. If you want to run a DD set, then Jolly/Adamant.
The question is which nature is the best for any form (in case I want to be flexible/fickle about which form and what role I want Zygarde to take).
It sounds like Adamant is probably best since it works well for all three forms, but I'm planning to use 50%/100% the most so I was wondering what the case for Impish is, I guess.

The question is which nature is the best for any form (in case I want to be flexible/fickle about which form and what role I want Zygarde to take).
It sounds like Adamant is probably best since it works well for all three forms, but I'm planning to use 50%/100% the most so I was wondering what the case for Impish is, I guess.
Set for 50% / 100%. Made by someone in the Metagame Discussion Thread.
GRANTEED (Zygarde) @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows

I dont know why i said Bold. Yes, Impish is better for defensive Zygar, but you need to know what set you wanna use and what form. So if you say 50-100% then you should probably go for a defensive set, and Impish or Careful are the best. Zygar has some utility in DD and it can be use in any form so you can go with adamant, if you want that.

So I haven't done competitve in a LONG time so I'm not sure how remembering moves works. If I level Charjabug up to 43 so it can learn Discharge and than evolve it to Vikavolt, will I still be able to heart scale Bug Buzz on to it so it can have both Discharge and Bug Buzz?

I'm trying to make an OU pokebank team out of the tapu koko, pelipper, a-raichu combo but I'm having a difficult time with finding the right partners. I've got SS kingdra, which works well, and scizor, who's is ok. Any suggestion for a team like this? Mega swap would have worked good I thought but his stone hasn't been released.

Any ideas?
A-Raichu has been confirmed to be pretty bad and redundant in the metagame, Kingdra is still the prime special sweeper for Rain Teams. Mega-Scizor is a nice addition because Rain reduces its fire weakness, and it forms a solid VoltTurn Core with Koko. Dugtrio is also a nice option on those kind of teams, because with 2-3 U-Turns or Volt Switches in the team already, you can almost always safely bring it in, and it also acts as an Electric resist.

Garchomp is often used as another Elec resist over the likes of Duggy, and also a good rocks lead. Other options that are commonly seen on rain teams are: Tornadus-T (u-turn, 100% acc Hurricane in rain, complements pelipper for a defensive core), Latias (ele resist, 100% acc thunder in rain, Healing Wish), Kabutops (best physical swift swimmer in combination with kingdra), Ferrothorn (hazards, beats bulky water, fire weakness reduced), or Mamoswine as a Lead.

Edit: A-Marowak is also really nice, but remember his Fire Stab gets reduced in Rain

is there any point to modest xurkitree? i already caught a timid hp ice one and idk if i should bother going for modest hp ice on the other or just do another timid without regards to hidden power

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)