OU Hawlucha

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus

QC: TDK / PK Gaming / p2
GP: Kris

[OVERVIEW]

* Unburden and Swords Dance make Hawlucha a workable late-game sweeper, giving worn-down teams very little recourse for handling it.
* Strong STAB coverage helps make up for its middling Attack.
* While a fully set up Hawlucha can potentially be a huge threat, its defenses aren't good enough for it to set up easily; additionally, it only gets a single chance to sweep once it's fully set up.
* Hawlucha is also vulnerable to common metagame threats like Tapu Koko; furthermore, its unboosted Speed misses out not only on Tapu Koko, but also on other threats like Greninja and Tornadus-T, making setting up a challenge.
* The abundance of priority also isn't doing Hawlucha any favors, making it easier to be picked off, even after setting up.

[SET]
name: SubSD
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Swords Dance
move 3: Acrobatics
move 4: High Jump Kick
item: Sitrus Berry
ability: Unburden
nature: Jolly
evs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

* Substitute gives Hawlucha a barrier, which enables it to set up more easily with Swords Dance, as well as protecting Hawlucha from having its sweep cut short by Thundurus's Prankster Thunder Wave.
* Sitrus Berry, in conjunction with Substitute, is how Hawlucha activates Unburden, using Substitute until Sitrus Berry is activated.
* Acrobatics and High Jump Kick are Hawlucha's obligatory STAB moves; these are Hawlucha's strongest moves, and Hawlucha needs as much power as it can get.

Set Details
========

* 12 HP EVs ensure that Hawlucha's HP stat is divisible by four, requiring just two Substitutes to activate Sitrus Berry, with all of the remaining EVs placed into Attack and Speed to ensure Hawlucha has as much power as it can get.
* Unburden enables Hawlucha to easily outspeed the entire unboosted metagame, meaning an opposing Pokemon will require priority to be able to revenge kill Hawlucha.
* An EV spread of 28 HP / 228 Atk / 252 Spe makes Hawlucha's HP stat divisible by 16, enabling two rounds of Stealth Rock damage plus one Substitute to activate Sitrus Berry, as well as two rounds of either Sandstorm or Hail damage, one round of Stealth Rock damage, and one Substitute. This EV spread benefits from having a Sandstorm or Hail setter on Hawlucha's team.

Usage Tips
========

* Send in Hawlucha mid- to late-game, as by this point, its counters will likely be weakened or removed.
* Send Hawlucha in on a Pokemon that will be threatened forced out by High Jump Kick—Tyranitar, for example—then set up Substitute as it switches out.
* If Hawlucha has a Substitute up against a Pokemon that is faster than it, use Substitute again as it destroys Hawlucha's Substitute; Sitrus Berry will then activate, and then Hawlucha will have a Substitute up and will outspeed the foe, allowing Hawlucha to set up on it.
* Be wary of Protect coming from Pokemon such as Ferrothorn, Celesteela, and Heatran; while these Pokemon are vulnerable to High Jump Kick, they can easily use Protect to force Hawlucha to lose 50% of its health instead.

Team Options
========

* Excadrill, Alolan Marowak, and Magnezone are good teammates due to their ability to handle Tapu Koko and Clefable; Magnezone has the added benefit of trapping Skarmory, which is another Hawlucha counter.
* A slow U-turn or Volt Switch helps Hawlucha get in safely. Good users include Landorus-T, Mega Scizor, and Rotom-W. The aforementioned Magnezone is also capable of providing a slow Volt Switch.
* As Hawlucha benefits from the removal of Mega Pinsir, Pokemon like Rotom-W, Zapdos, and Tapu Koko make for good partners.
* Alolan Ninetales can provide Aurora Veil support, making setup easier for Hawlucha at the cost of 6.25% of its HP per turn.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

* Power Herb + Sky Attack gives Hawlucha a powerful one-time nuke that also activates Unburden.
* An Adamant nature can be used for more power, but causes Hawlucha to lose out on being able to outrun threats like Latios, Gengar, and Kartana, and is therefore not ideal.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Skarmory**: Hawlucha cannot OHKO Skarmory, even with a +2 High Jump Kick, whereas a +2 Hawlucha gets taken out by Brave Bird once its Substitute is broken, making it heavily reliant on its teammates to weaken Skarmory.

**Electric-types**: Zapdos easily stomachs anything Hawlucha can throw at it and OHKOes with Discharge. Tapu Koko can take one boosted High Jump Kick and score an OHKO with Thunderbolt.

**Bulky Water-types**: Thanks to its great physical bulk, Slowbro can take even a boosted Acrobatics and readily retaliate with a move like Ice Beam or Psyshock. Additionally, Toxapex's titanic bulk enables it to easily take a +2 Acrobatics and eliminate Hawlucha's Swords Dance boost with Haze. Furthermore, both of these Pokemon get Regenerator, allowing them to easily heal some of the damage Hawlucha did to them simply by switching out.

**Unaware Clefable**: Thanks to Unaware, Clefable completely ignores any stat boosts Hawlucha has. As such, Clefable easily takes anything Hawlucha can throw at it and pulverizes it with Moonblast.

**Priority**: Weavile's Ice Shard will do Hawlucha in once it drops below 68%, while Mega Pinsir's Aerilate Quick Attack makes quick work of a +2 Hawlucha once its Substitute is removed. Even other forms of priority, such as Azumarill's Aqua Jet, Ash-Greninja's Water Shuriken, Genesect's Extreme Speed, and Bullet Punch from Mega Scizor or Mega Metagross, will be enough of a nuisance to prevent Hawlucha from effectively sweeping.

Last edited:

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'd mention in the usage tips that you should send out Hawlucha during the mid/lategame, when its counters have been removed/weakened. This might mean refraining from switching it into battle or setting up until the time is right, but it's well worth t. Additionally, Aurora Veil support from Ninetales might be worth mentioning since it provides immediate defensive support (and set up oppurtunity if encore used) at the cost of taking 6% per turn. Aside from that, everything looks good, except...

There's also a critical flaw here!

The main set should be called EL ESPADA. I hardly think a name like Substitute + Swords Dance can properly convey the sheer level of DETERMINATION and guts required to successfully use this Pokemon in battle. Hawlucha is no mere Swords + Substiute user, and I think the set name should reflect that.

Compelling Evidence

Also espada means sword in spanish lol

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'd mention in the usage tips that you should send out Hawlucha during the mid/lategame, when its counters have been removed/weakened. This might mean refraining from switching it into battle or setting up until the time is right, but it's well worth t. Additionally, Aurora Veil support from Ninetales might be worth mentioning since it provides immediate defensive support (and set up oppurtunity if encore used) at the cost of taking 6% per turn. Aside from that, everything looks good, except...

There's also a critical flaw here!

The main set should be called EL ESPADA. I hardly think a name like Substitute + Swords Dance can properly convey the sheer level of DETERMINATION and guts required to successfully use this Pokemon in battle. Hawlucha is no mere Swords + Substiute user, and I think the set name should reflect that.

Compelling Evidence

Also espada means sword in spanish lol
Added the usage tip on sending out Hawlucha mid- to late-game (which I should have had there the whole time anyway; I guess I just overlooked it thinking it was a given, gotta stop doing that) and mentioned Aurora Veil in Team Options.

I definitely like that set name better (idk if you were seriously suggesting I use it or not but I like it) but I'll hold off on editing the set name as I'm unsure of what C&C policy is regarding set names like that.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'm 100% serious!

Non-standard names are looked down upon (for good reasons) but exceptions have been made for certain sets, and I think Hawlucha definitely qualifies for one.

You should run 28 hp, hitting 304 which is divisible by 16 (which 300 is not) and therefore 8 and 4. This means sandstorm damage is exactly 1/16, and sr damage is exactly 1/8. You can then get sitrus to activate in situations like 2x sr damage + sub, or sr damage + 2 rounds of sandstorm damage + sub.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Call it EL ESPADA but make sure to put ammend (Substitute+Swords Dance) onto the end of it 'cause afaik that's what we're meant to do apparently.

Also Psychic Terrain doesn't protect Hawlucha 'cause it isn't grounded.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Call it EL ESPADA but make sure to put ammend (Substitute+Swords Dance) onto the end of it 'cause afaik that's what we're meant to do apparently.

Also Psychic Terrain doesn't protect Hawlucha 'cause it isn't grounded.
Keep forgetting that only grounded mons are affected by terrains... This shit's new to me

Deleted Tapu Lele from teammates, will make more edits when I'm back at my computer

kumiko

formerly TDK
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Don't really think either Stone Edge or Poison Jab even warrant an OO mention. Edge doesn't really hit anything beyond Zapdos, unless I'm drawing a blank, now that Talonflame is non existent. Poison Jab, while good for the common fairies, generally isn't worth running because it outdamages a non-resisted Acrobatics, meaning it's really only for Tapu Koko.

1/3

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Don't really think either Stone Edge or Poison Jab even warrant an OO mention. Edge doesn't really hit anything beyond Zapdos, unless I'm drawing a blank, now that Talonflame is non existent. Poison Jab, while good for the common fairies, generally isn't worth running because it outdamages a non-resisted Acrobatics, meaning it's really only for Tapu Koko.

1/3
Implemented these changes

Hi Adamant Zoroark,

Wouldn't the Flyinium Z be a good replacement for the "Power Herb + Sky Attack" set? My reasoning is that the Z-Crystals supercharge turn based moves Solar Beam and Freeze Shock, so Hawlucha would benefit from being able to attack immediately and much harder with a Supersonic Skystrike (200 BP). Pretty cool, huh?

P.S. I think the Z-Crystals make a better replacement to the item Power Herb ^^

Hi Adamant Zoroark,

Wouldn't the Flyinium Z be a good replacement for the "Power Herb + Sky Attack" set? My reasoning is that the Z-Crystals supercharge turn based moves Solar Beam and Freeze Shock, so Hawlucha would benefit from being able to attack immediately and much harder with a Supersonic Skystrike (200 BP). Pretty cool, huh?

P.S. I think the Z-Crystals make a better replacement to the item Power Herb ^^
Using a Z-Move doesn't actually consume the Z-Crystal. It would not activate Hawlucha's Unburden.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
* Also vulnerable to common metagame threats like Tapu Koko and Clefable
Clefable isn't actually all that common so you can remove it. Also mention that there's a ridiculous amount of priority in the current metagame, and it's vulnerable to being picked off after set up.

2/3

p2

Banned deucer.

QC: TDK / PK Gaming /
GP:

[OVERVIEW]

* Unburden and Swords Dance make Hawlucha a workable late-game sweeper, giving worn-down teams very little recourse for handling it
* Strong STAB coverage helps make up for its middling Attack
* While a fully set up Hawlucha can potentially be a huge threat, its defenses aren't good enough to allow for easy setup; additionally, it only gets a single chance to sweep once it's fully set up.
* Also vulnerable to common metagame threats like Tapu Koko
* Abundance of priority also isn't doing Hawlucha any favors, making it easier to be picked off even after setting up

when you mention its vulnerability to common threats, go into a bit about its unboosted speed and how it misses out on other things like greninja / torn-t for example since they and others tie into difficulty lucha has setting up or doing anything at all
[SET]
name: EL ESPADA (Substitute + Swords Dance) cant we just name this SubSD?

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

* Substitute gives Hawlucha a barrier which enables it to set up more easily with Swords Dance can you give an example of something sub helps avoid, even just something like preventing thundurus from stopping lucha late game with twave
* Sitrus Berry in conjunction with Substitute is how Hawlucha activates Unburden, using Substitute until Sitrus Berry activates
* Acrobatics and High Jump Kick are your obligatory STAB moves; these are Hawlucha's strongest moves (excluding Sky Attack)(fluff), and Hawlucha needs as much power as it can get.

Set Details
========

* 12 HP EVs ensure that Hawlucha's HP stat is divisible by 4, allowing just two Substitutes to activate Sitrus Berry
* A spread of 28 HP / 228 Atk / 252 Spe makes Hawlucha's HP stat divisible by 16, enabling two rounds of Stealth Rock damage plus one Substitute to activate Sitrus Berry, as well as two rounds of Sandstorm or Hail damage, one round of Stealth Rock damage, and one Substitute
* An Adamant nature can be used for more power, but loses out on being able to outrun threats like Latios, Gengar, and Kartana, and is therefore not ideal. (i would rather see this in oo instead of here)

Usage Tips
========

* Send in Hawlucha mid- to late-game, as by this point, its counters will likely be weakened or removed.
* Send Hawlucha in on a Pokemon that will be threatened out by High Jump Kick - Tyranitar, for example - then set up Substitute as it switches out.
* If you have a Substitute up against a Pokemon that is faster than you, use Substitute again as it destroys your Substitute; Sitrus Berry will then activate, and you will have a Substitute up and you will outspeed the Pokemon, allowing you to set up on it
*Be wary of Protect coming from Pokemon such as Ferrothorn, Celesteela, and Heatran; while these Pokemon are vulnerable to High Jump Kick, they can easily use Protect to force Hawlucha to lose 50% of its health instead.

Team Options
========

* Excadrill, Alolan Marowak, and Magnezone are good teammates due to their ability to handle Tapu Koko and Clefable; Magnezone has the added benefit of trapping Skarmory, another Hawlucha counter.
* A slow U-turn or Volt Switch helps Hawlucha get in safely. Good users include Landorus-T, Mega Scizor, and Rotom-W. The aforementioned Magnezone is also capable of providing a slow Volt Switch.
* As Hawlucha benefits from the removal of Mega Pinsir, Pokemon like Rotom-W, Zapdos, and Tapu Koko make for good partners.
* Alolan Ninetales can provide Aurora Veil support, making setup easier for Hawlucha at the cost of 6.25% of its HP per turn.
mention tapu lele for psychic terrain since priority is kinda the biggest thorn in its side rn

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

* Power Herb + Sky Attack

Checks and Counters
===================

**Skarmory**: Hawlucha cannot OHKO Skarmory even with a +2 High Jump Kick, while a set-up Hawlucha gets taken out by Brave Bird, making it heavily reliant on its teammates to weaken Skarmory.

**Electric-types**: Zapdos easily stomachs anything Hawlucha can throw at it and OHKOes with Discharge. Tapu Koko can take one boosted High Jump Kick and also score an OHKO with Thunderbolt.

**Bulky Water-types**: Thanks to its great physical bulk, Slowbro can take even a boosted Acrobatics and readily retaliate with a move like Ice Beam or Psyshock. Additionally, Toxapex's titanic bulk enables it to easily take a +2 Acrobatics and eliminate Hawlucha's Swords Dance boost with Haze. Furthermore, both of these Pokemon get Regenerator, allowing them to easily heal some of the damage Hawlucha did to them simply by switching out.

**Unaware Clefable**: Thanks to Unaware, Clefable completely ignores any stat boosts Hawlucha has. As such, Clefable easily takes anything Hawlucha can throw at it and pulverizes it with Moonblast. i feel this should specify unaware

**Priority**: Weavile's Ice Shard will do Hawlucha in once it drops below 68%, while Mega Pinsir's Aerilate Quick Attack makes quick work of a set-up Hawlucha. Even other forms of priority, such as Azumarill's Aqua Jet and Mega Scizor's Bullet Punch, will be enough of a nuisance to prevent Hawlucha from effectively sweeping with them around. more examples such as ash-gren, gene espeed, mgross bp
3/3

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Psychic Terrain doesn't protect Hawlucha from priority because it isn't grounded, unless you were going for something else with that (like switching Lele in on a priority attack for free? idk need some clarification here)

Implementing everything else though

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Minor nitpick, but mention what Power Herb + Sky Attack does in OO before it goes off to GP. Doesn't have to be super long or detailed - just explain why it's another option for it.

Last edited:

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
standard colors
GP 1/1
[OVERVIEW]

* Unburden and Swords Dance make Hawlucha a workable late-game sweeper, giving worn-down teams very little recourse for handling it. (AP)
* Strong STAB coverage helps make up for its middling Attack. (AP)
* While a fully set up Hawlucha can potentially be a huge threat, its defenses aren't good enough for it to set up easily to allow for easy setup; additionally, it only gets a single chance to sweep once it's fully set up.
* Hawlucha is also vulnerable to common metagame threats like Tapu Koko; furthermore, its unboosted Speed misses out not only on Tapu Koko, but also on other threats like Greninja and Tornadus-T, making setup an uphill battle setting up a challenge. (AP)
* The abundance of priority also isn't doing Hawlucha any favors, making it easier to be picked off, (AC) even after setting up. (AP)

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

* Substitute gives Hawlucha a barrier, (AC) which enables it to set up more easily with Swords Dance, as well as protecting Hawlucha from having its sweep cut short by Thundurus's Prankster Thunder Wave.
* Sitrus Berry, (AC) in conjunction with Substitute, (AC) is how Hawlucha activates Unburden, using Substitute until Sitrus Berry activates is activated. (AP)
* Acrobatics and High Jump Kick are your Hawlucha's obligatory STAB moves; these are Hawlucha's strongest moves, and Hawlucha needs as much power as it can get.

Set Details
========

* 12 HP EVs ensure that Hawlucha's HP stat is divisible by 4 four, allowing requiring just two Substitutes to activate Sitrus Berry
* A An EV spread of 28 HP / 228 Atk / 252 Spe makes Hawlucha's HP stat divisible by 16, enabling two rounds of Stealth Rock damage plus one Substitute to activate Sitrus Berry, as well as two rounds of either Sandstorm or Hail damage, one round of Stealth Rock damage, and one Substitute. (AP)
(okay but you have literally no mentions of what Unburden, Sitrus Berry, 244 Attack EVs, and 252 Speed EVs are for)

Usage Tips
========

* Send Hawlucha in on a Pokemon that will be threatened forced out by High Jump Kick—Tyranitar, for example—then set up Substitute as it switches out.
* If you have Hawlucha has a Substitute up against a Pokemon that is faster than you it, use Substitute again as it destroys your Hawlucha's Substitute; Sitrus Berry will then activate, and then Hawlucha you will have a Substitute up and you will outspeed the Pokemon foe, allowing you Hawlucha to set up on it. (AP)
* Be wary of Protect coming from Pokemon such as Ferrothorn, Celesteela, and Heatran; while these Pokemon are vulnerable to High Jump Kick, they can easily use Protect to force Hawlucha to lose 50% of its health instead.

Team Options
========

* Excadrill, Alolan Marowak, and Magnezone are good teammates due to their ability to handle Tapu Koko and Clefable; Magnezone has the added benefit of trapping Skarmory, which is another Hawlucha counter.
* Alolan Ninetales can provide Aurora Veil support, making setup easier for Hawlucha at the cost of 6.25% of its HP per turn. (maybe include how this benefits the 28 HP / 228 Atk / 252 EV spread?)

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

* Power Herb + Sky Attack gives Hawlucha a powerful one-time nuke that also activates Unburden. (AP)
* An Adamant nature can be used for more power, but loses causes Hawlucha to lose out on being able to outrun threats like Latios, Gengar, and Kartana, and is therefore not ideal.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Skarmory**: Hawlucha cannot OHKO Skarmory, (AC) even with a +2 High Jump Kick, while whereas a set-up +2 Hawlucha gets taken out by Brave Bird, making it heavily reliant on its teammates to weaken Skarmory.

**Electric-types**: Zapdos easily stomachs anything Hawlucha can throw at it and OHKOes with Discharge. Tapu Koko can take one boosted High Jump Kick and score an OHKO with Thunderbolt.

**Unaware Clefable**: Thanks to Unaware, Clefable completely ignores any stat boosts Hawlucha has. As such, Clefable easily takes anything Hawlucha can throw at it and pulverizes it with Moonblast.

**Priority**: Weavile's Ice Shard will do Hawlucha in once it drops below 68%, while Mega Pinsir's Aerilate Quick Attack makes quick work of a set-up +2 Hawlucha. Even other forms of priority, such as Azumarill's Aqua Jet, Ash-Greninja's Water Shuriken, Genesect's Extreme Speed, and Bullet Punch from Mega Scizor or Mega Metagross, will be enough of a nuisance to prevent Hawlucha from effectively sweeping with them around.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
standard colors
GP 1/1
[OVERVIEW]

* Unburden and Swords Dance make Hawlucha a workable late-game sweeper, giving worn-down teams very little recourse for handling it. (AP)
* Strong STAB coverage helps make up for its middling Attack. (AP)
* While a fully set up Hawlucha can potentially be a huge threat, its defenses aren't good enough for it to set up easily to allow for easy setup; additionally, it only gets a single chance to sweep once it's fully set up.
* Hawlucha is also vulnerable to common metagame threats like Tapu Koko; furthermore, its unboosted Speed misses out not only on Tapu Koko, but also on other threats like Greninja and Tornadus-T, making setup an uphill battle setting up a challenge. (AP)
* The abundance of priority also isn't doing Hawlucha any favors, making it easier to be picked off, (AC) even after setting up. (AP)

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

* Substitute gives Hawlucha a barrier, (AC) which enables it to set up more easily with Swords Dance, as well as protecting Hawlucha from having its sweep cut short by Thundurus's Prankster Thunder Wave.
* Sitrus Berry, (AC) in conjunction with Substitute, (AC) is how Hawlucha activates Unburden, using Substitute until Sitrus Berry activates is activated. (AP)
* Acrobatics and High Jump Kick are your Hawlucha's obligatory STAB moves; these are Hawlucha's strongest moves, and Hawlucha needs as much power as it can get.

Set Details
========

* 12 HP EVs ensure that Hawlucha's HP stat is divisible by 4 four, allowing requiring just two Substitutes to activate Sitrus Berry
* A An EV spread of 28 HP / 228 Atk / 252 Spe makes Hawlucha's HP stat divisible by 16, enabling two rounds of Stealth Rock damage plus one Substitute to activate Sitrus Berry, as well as two rounds of either Sandstorm or Hail damage, one round of Stealth Rock damage, and one Substitute. (AP)
(okay but you have literally no mentions of what Unburden, Sitrus Berry, 244 Attack EVs, and 252 Speed EVs are for)

Usage Tips
========

* If you have Hawlucha has a Substitute up against a Pokemon that is faster than you it, use Substitute again as it destroys your Hawlucha's Substitute; Sitrus Berry will then activate, and then Hawlucha you will have a Substitute up and you will outspeed the Pokemon foe, allowing you Hawlucha to set up on it. (AP)

Team Options
========

* Alolan Ninetales can provide Aurora Veil support, making setup easier for Hawlucha at the cost of 6.25% of its HP per turn. (maybe include how this benefits the 28 HP / 228 Atk / 252 EV spread?)

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

* Power Herb + Sky Attack gives Hawlucha a powerful one-time nuke that also activates Unburden. (AP)
* An Adamant nature can be used for more power, but loses causes Hawlucha to lose out on being able to outrun threats like Latios, Gengar, and Kartana, and is therefore not ideal.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Skarmory**: Hawlucha cannot OHKO Skarmory, (AC) even with a +2 High Jump Kick, while whereas a set-up +2 Hawlucha gets taken out by Brave Bird, making it heavily reliant on its teammates to weaken Skarmory.

**Priority**: Weavile's Ice Shard will do Hawlucha in once it drops below 68%, while Mega Pinsir's Aerilate Quick Attack makes quick work of a set-up +2 Hawlucha. Even other forms of priority, such as Azumarill's Aqua Jet, Ash-Greninja's Water Shuriken, Genesect's Extreme Speed, and Bullet Punch from Mega Scizor or Mega Metagross, will be enough of a nuisance to prevent Hawlucha from effectively sweeping with them around.
Implemented. I also added some clarity to C&C, namely that Skarmory and Mega Pinsir need Hawlucha to have prior damage from Substitute to score their respective KOs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)