Other SM UU: Birdspam 2.0 (Peaked 48th)

BirdSpam 2.0, which peaked at 48th on the ladder and has a 100% win rate in room tours, has served me well so far, although it does really have several weaknesses. Clearly inspired by the brilliance of xtrashine and empo, this team abuses broken ass shit to beat good and bad players alike. Please ban both of the dragons on this team. Anyway, let’s move into the actual RMT.

The idea I started with was drag spam, but the first mon I threw onto this team was Azumarill.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry

Ability: Huge Power

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Adamant Nature

IVs: 30 HP

- Belly Drum

- Aqua Jet

- Play Rough

- Knock Off

Belly Drum Azu just screams “broken”, although it probably isn’t. Regardless, Azu is a very good setup mon this gen. Sitrus is slightly inferior to the Z-Belly Drum set as it is much tougher to set up on Weavile, but this dumbass “1 Z-move per team” rule means Sitrus is the only option. I run max attack/max speed adamant to hit as hard as possible and to outrun some of azu’s supposed checks, such as defensive Volcanion or Metagross. Aqua Jet beats offense while Play Rough lets Azu do fun stuff like OHKO phys def Alomomola: +6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Alomomola: 594-699 (111.2 - 130.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO. Meanwhile, I consider Knock Off superior to Superpower in this meta as Knock beats stuff like Amoonguss AND it doesn’t common with annoying defensive drops, which make it easier for stuff like Staraptor, Dragonite, and Weavile to revenge Azu with priority. Azumarill often serves as a wallbreaker, but it can just as easily sweep on its own.

Next up is one of the mons which benefitted the most from SM in my opinion, Salamence. Z-Fly is such a good set on this beast, and Moxie is still just as dangerous as ever.

Salamence @ Flyinium Z

Ability: Moxie

Adamant Nature

- Dragon Dance

- Fly

- Dragon Claw

- Earthquake

Y’all already know what this guy does. DD up on the switch, break down stuff which should wall you with Z-Fly, and then wreak havoc with your +2/+1 mence. Z-Fly beats the shit out of Scizor et al and also makes Mence take Knock Off’s way easier when setting up. Nothing to complex about this mon, it beats everything it should and then some, with the biggest threat being Scarf Terrak coming in to revenge after a kill, although if they’re good they’ll swing in on the DD. If you see a Terrak, don’t be afraid to drop a Z-Fly on the switch; Terrak really does fuck this team up and killing it is 100% worth the risk.

On to something that is genuinely broken-Dragonite. Everyone’s favorite birdspam member is back and better than ever.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry

Ability: Multiscale

Adamant Nature

- Dragon Dance

- Outrage

- Extreme Speed

- Fire Punch

Dragonite is broke as fuck please just ban this already. It DDs on literally the entire tier and can quite often get 2 up without taking too much damage. Lum lets me beat Klefki which is a mon I hate with all my being. Once again, y’all know how to use this. Either this or Mence will set up and wear down the opposition’s checks, as they are commonly the exact same mons. Then the other drag will beat the shit out of the opposition team. Overall it’s pretty easy to use, just beware of rocks. +2 Outrage OHKOs opposing Dragonites through Multiscale by the way.

At this point I realized I needed rocks, so Azelf was a natural fit. Sacri hates this mon so I figured it was the best choice.

Azelf @ Focus Sash

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe

Hasty Nature

- Stealth Rock

- Taunt

- Fire Blast

- Explosion

This is actually the most basic set you will ever see. Click taunt, click rocks, either fire blast the steel type incoming or explode. Easy rocks, easy kills. Everybody tries to switch Scizor into this, do not be afraid to fire blast their ass, Beware of other suicide leads, particularly sash aerodactyl. Once upon a time when I had Mega-Absol it was easy to shut down opposition suicide leads, but now it is much tougher. Just play smart. If this thing gets Magic Coat you could maybe run it over Fire Blast but I don’t recommend it.

This slot originally held a Mega Absol because I just didn’t know which megas were UU. It actually did pretty well but having Stone Edge from a fast mon as well as defog was just too important. This set is weird, bad, and probably not optimized, but it does the job.

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite

Ability: Tough Claws

Jolly Nature

- Stone Edge

- Earthquake/Crunch

- Aerial Ace/Aqua Tail

- Defog

This is legitimately a waist of a mega-slot but there really are not many other choices in UU this gen. Defog lets my dragon friends get in without taking SR which can be huge, especially for Drag. Aerial Ace beats Keldeo, EQ hits steels, Stone Edge hits everything else. Crunch is also an option to maintain coverage on stuff like Metagross and Doublade while also hitting stuff like Starmie and Latias more reliable than Stone Miss Aqua Tail hits Hippo and probably something else but I don’t know what. This mon is one of your first 2 choices for a sack, something which happens more often than not. While it may seem like suicide, switching Maero into something like Analytic Starmie can work out great as it allows free setup for Azu or Drag.

This was originally a LO lure Metagross, then it was specs lure Metagross, then it was scarf Lucario...and now its Scarf Metagross.

Metagross @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Clear Body

Jolly Nature

- Meteor Mash

- Zen Headbutt

- Ice Punch

- Earthquake

Honestly this is not a very good set or a very good mon, but I needed a rock resist so scarf stone edge terrak didn’t just win. Being able to outspeed stuff I shouldn’t is always fun too, and it can revenge kill opposing DDers. Honestly I have never used Metagross as anything other than trick fodder/a convenient sack, although it hypothetically helps beat fairies and steels and weavile. Any suggestions for this slot would be very much appreciated.

This team is very fun to use as you basically just spam set up until your opponent clicks X. Most of the sets are basic but they work well. I’m not providing an importable because I hate mirror matchups, although I’m probably too lazy to keep laddering anyway. Tilt is real. I guess I should throw in a threatlist: Weavile, Terrak, scarfers, Quagsire, and annoying ass Sash mons.

Thanks for reading this decidedly mediocre RMT! I look forward to your suggestions! If anyone complains I’ll prolly add an importable just holler if ya want it lmao. Sorry for not having sprites, my laptop is malfunctioning so I had to write this on mobile.

Edit: Forgot to save replays of me beating Sacri and Youthberry, but ill add in more replays as I find em.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankuubeta-514942418

Last edited:
Mence and Dragonite are banned now. Your wish is granted (ban the dragons). I'd replace mence with gyarados.
Gyarados @ Flyinium Z
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
Use this to replace mence (practically the same thing, only legal)
Your team may need a special attacker to deal with physical walls. I'd try this:
Kommo-o @ Life Orb
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Autotomize
- Clanging Scales
- Flash Cannon/Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
Use this to break through physical walls (replace dragonite with this). Lum Berry + Flamethrower takes care of klefki. This also resists rock for Terrakion.
Kommo-O means you could use agility lum metagross.

Mence and Dragonite are banned now. Your wish is granted (ban the dragons). I'd replace mence with gyarados.
Gyarados @ Flyinium Z
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
Use this to replace mence (practically the same thing, only legal)
Your team may need a special attacker to deal with physical walls. I'd try this:
Kommo-o @ Life Orb
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Autotomize
- Clanging Scales
- Flash Cannon/Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
Use this to break through physical walls (replace dragonite with this). Lum Berry + Flamethrower takes care of klefki. This also resists rock for Terrakion.
Kommo-O means you could use agility lum metagross.
ive been using those two exact pokémon, with gyarados proving to be pretty solid. every kommo o set i've tried is trash though. thank you!

If kommo-o is trash I would use a special attacker that resists rock (maybe special lucario). Alternatively, use slowbro (fears little from Terrakion and can break down walls with CM/Psyshock/Scald/Slack Off. Slowbro is so slow it does not fear scarf mons (scald also helps with burn spreading).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)