Resource Monotype Creative / Underrated Sets (see post #125)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skarmory @ Salac Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Brave Bird

So i call this "I miss Custap" was building a steel team and wanted to bring back lead skar so I went with salac skar. it's very consistent always getting rocks up. I went with 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD Ivs so the berry can be used 99% of the time. overall i used this in HO steel and so far been having huge success with this set. taunt is to stop other rocks mons and set up mons. would recommend this with bish to punish defogers if the berry doesn't activate

only replay I have from laddering last night
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-589221463

Last edited:

Skarmory @ Salac Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Brave Bird

So i call this "I miss Custap" was building a steel team and wanted to bring back lead skar so I went with salac skar. it's very consistent always getting rocks up. I went with 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD Ivs so the berry can be used 99% of the time. overall i used this in HO steel and so far been having huge success with this set. taunt is to stop other rocks mons and set up mons. would recommend this with bish to punish defogers if the berry doesn't activate

only replay I have from laddering last night
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-589221463

Just a tiny thing, but isn't this set rather common on hyper offensive Steel teams? While Focus Sash Weak Armor has become prevalent, I'm pretty sure Salac Sturdy Skarm was seen quite a bit before.

Just a tiny thing, but isn't this set rather common on hyper offensive Steel teams? While Focus Sash Weak Armor has become prevalent, I'm pretty sure Salac Sturdy Skarm was seen quite a bit before.
O is it? Just started getting into gen7 mono. If it is used my b dude

This could probably be meshed into my "Sets for Rock" post but w/e

SubSalac Terrakion

Terrakion @ Salac Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Most Terrakion sets on Rock are either Choice Band or Choice Scarf for extra speed control alongside Shuckle's Webs. However, SubSalac Terrakion can still serve as a nice cleaner and wallbreaker capable of putting in tremendous work in matchups such as Normal, Dark, Steel, Flying, Poison, Electric, and Dragon. There are others, but this seems to be enough. SubSalac Terrakion can often find setup opportunities against Choiced users that don't do enough damage such as Victini and Nihilego, as well as tankier Pokemon that can't do enough damage such as Zapdos and Armaldo.

Last edited:
Lead Omastar

Omastar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

This boi is NEVER seen for some reason in mono. It has the best qualities of a suicide lead. Great coverage, stealth and even spikes. Omastar ussualy forces out most leads, so it sets up spikes over them. For example, Hippowdon feels threatened, so it runs the fuck away into a nearby gastrodon or seismic toad. Hydro Pump is for powerful stab and ice beam handles dragons, grass types and other mons that'd probably screw over omastar. Calcs coming later.

Last edited:

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Calm Mind/Stored Power Bulky Latias

Latias @ Normalium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Def / 36 SpA / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
-Calm Mind
-Refresh
-Recover
-Stored Power
Now this is a set that isn't completely out of left field, but is definitely an asset when fighting the likes of Normal and Fairy. Max Defense ensures to eat Scarf Wood Hammers from Tapu Bulu in Grassy Terrain, Play Rough from Azumarill, Return/Frustration vs Diggersby, and so forth. Speed allows it to creep and outspeed Skarmory and Breloom, and +2 Calm Minds ensure to live things like Magearna max Modest Twinkle Tackle and Latios Specs Draco Meteor. Z-Refresh acts as a secondary cleric for healing yourself completely, eliminating Status and recovering to full. Overall, a very deadly mon in the right hands, and should definitely be considered as threatening.

Although this set is kinda similar to the one above, I replaced Fake Out not with PuP but with Focus Punch

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Focus Punch
- Encore
- High Jump Kick
- Return

This set can catch a lot of people off guard, because not that many people expect encore, let alone Focus Punch. Basically, the idea is to encore a setup / recovery / utility move and click Focus Punch. Most people will switch, letting you get a free FP. If they stay in, well they are still getting hit. While it seems that FP is lackluster because its power is not far ahead of HJK, FP does have some advantages.

1. You get to save on HJK misses
2. the 20 BP increase is actually kinda nice for some wall switch ins (Hippo, Forretress, etc. FP + HJK KOs Skarm with stealth rock, something two HJKs won't)
3. Puts a lot of pressure on offensive teams, as switching in to a FP is not easy, and taking a second attack is even harder.
4. Things that would be able to check Lopunny normally are now not able to, mainly flying types that rely on Roost (Mandibuzz, Skarm, etc.)
5. This set heavily punishes Protect spam that some people try on HJK
6. Focus Punch is just a fun move in general

Last edited:

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Rockium Z Tyranitar

Tyranitar @ Rockium Z
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
-Stone Edge
-Stealth Rock
-Fire Blast
-Thunder Wave
Though not exactly "Creative" by any means, it is definitely "Underrated." The Classic SpDef build swaps Lefties for extra versatility in the form of Rockium Z. The primary use of Rockium Z is pretty much to get through Taunt for hazards, while also adding a nice defense boost to live just a bit longer. If you already have rocks, Continental Crush via Stone Edge is willing to chunk mons for a solid amount of damage. In turn, either method forces the opponent to lose momentum, whether it be from sacking their mon to revenge kill, forcing hazard removal by swapping to another mon, or even risking potentially getting paralyzed/burnt from the other two options in Twave/FB. It's definitely a solid option to use on Dark teams, more often than on Rock teams, especially considering that no common Dark mon runs any sort of Z crystal besides the niche Z-MM Honchkrow. Definitely would consider this for anyone using Dark.

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Electrium Z Latios:
Latios (M) @ Electrium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Defog

Electrium Z latios is a good lure and is a underrated set in general in my opinion. It is particularly useful on mono psychic teams as this set allows latios to take out pokemon such as celesteela and Tapu fini which commonly switch in to latios. This set also eases pressure from victini, as without victini is bit hard to take out bulky celesteela. Rest of the set is pretty standard for most part, this set not only acts as an offensive defog support but also a lure to take out bulky water types and common switch ins such as celesteela. Replay showing Electrium Z Latios in action:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-605387760
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-604157243
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-602919520
252 SpA Latios Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Celesteela: 272-322 (68.3 - 80.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Latios Gigavolt Havoc (185 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 322-380 (93.8 - 110.7%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Although this set is kinda similar to the one above, I replaced Fake Out not with PuP but with Focus Punch

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Focus Punch
- Encore
- High Jump Kick
- Return

This set can catch a lot of people off guard, because not that many people expect encore, let alone Focus Punch. Basically, the idea is to encore a setup / recovery / utility move and click Focus Punch. Most people will switch, letting you get a free FP. If they stay in, well they are still getting hit. While it seems that FP is lackluster because its power is not far ahead of HJK, FP does have some advantages.

1. You get to save on HJK misses
2. the 20 BP increase is actually kinda nice for some wall switch ins (Hippo, Forretress, etc. FP + HJK KOs Skarm with stealth rock, something two HJKs won't)
3. Puts a lot of pressure on offensive teams, as switching in to a FP is not easy, and taking a second attack is even harder.
4. Things that would be able to check Lopunny normally are now not able to, mainly flying types that rely on Roost (Mandibuzz, Skarm, etc.)
5. This set heavily punishes Protect spam that some people try on HJK
6. Focus Punch is just a fun move in general
While im sure this works in some cases its entirely to gimmicky. Also fake out is used for more than just gaining speed, while that is its primary purpose it also can chip pokemon that rely on Focus Sash and can waste turns of weather. I'd say Fake Out is still a must have on Lopunny.

While im sure this works in some cases its entirely to gimmicky. Also fake out is used for more than just gaining speed, while that is its primary purpose it also can chip pokemon that rely on Focus Sash and can waste turns of weather. I'd say Fake Out is still a must have on Lopunny.
I'm not quite sure what you mean for "gaining speed," I'm assuming you mean priority but I feel as though Fake Out is way too easily taken advantage of, especially by defensive teams that can switch out their scarfer / set up sweeper etc into a wall like Mandibuzz or Skarm. I also don't seem to have many problems with weather since it is only 5 turns (and Exca takes nothing from Fake Out anyway). The only common Sash user that is really troublesome to me is Breloom, and even that can be checked by Raptor or Audino depending on the set. You also just eat a Mach punch right after anyway...

I actually like Focus Punch better since it improves Lopunny's chances against defensive teams, which it struggles against. Like I said, it achieves some neat KOs like FP + HJK on Skarm. Fake Out is better against offense overall, but I feel Lopunny already does well without Fake Out.

I don't understand how you think the set is too gimmicky, perhaps you don't understand how it works:

1. Lopunny encores some passive move (lets say chansey wish)
2. Lopunny now is free to click Focus Punch because it cannot use SToss.
3. Chansey stays in and gets KO'd (not likely) OR something like Staraptor switches in on Focus Punch, and is now KO'd by a following High Jump Kick after stealth rock. You cannot get the 2HKO from just 2 HJKs

You are not blindly clicking Focus Punch and hoping for the opponent not to hit you. I mean sure you COULD do that but you need to have guts to do that and usually is not worth the risk. You just use Focus Punch right after an encore to punish the switch much harder than you normally would.

Last edited:

Havens

WGI World Champion
actually greninja can run zhh and hydrei can run tectonic rage :v
You could do that, but it's just not worth it over LO on Greninja and Specs/Scarf on Hydreigon though. LO considering Greninja has a vast movepool with many great special and physical moves (if opted for), and Hydregion's speed is above average for many Dark types, and is very useful for firing off poweful moves and acts as a pokemon that can pivot into its defensive teammates with a scarf.

I'm not quite sure what you mean for "gaining speed," I'm assuming you mean priority but I feel as though Fake Out is way too easily taken advantage of, especially by defensive teams that can switch out their scarfer / set up sweeper etc into a wall like Mandibuzz or Skarm. I also don't seem to have many problems with weather since it is only 5 turns (and Exca takes nothing from Fake Out anyway). The only common Sash user that is really troublesome to me is Breloom, and even that can be checked by Raptor or Audino depending on the set. You also just eat a Mach punch right after anyway...

I actually like Focus Punch better since it improves Lopunny's chances against defensive teams, which it struggles against. Like I said, it achieves some neat KOs like FP + HJK on Skarm. Fake Out is better against offense overall, but I feel Lopunny already does well without Fake Out.

I don't understand how you think the set is too gimmicky, perhaps you don't understand how it works:

1. Lopunny encores some passive move (lets say chansey wish)
2. Lopunny now is free to click Focus Punch because it cannot use SToss.
3. Chansey stays in and gets KO'd (not likely) OR something like Staraptor switches in on Focus Punch, and is now KO'd by a following High Jump Kick after stealth rock. You cannot get the 2HKO from just 2 HJKs

You are not blindly clicking Focus Punch and hoping for the opponent not to hit you. I mean sure you COULD do that but you need to have guts to do that and usually is not worth the risk. You just use Focus Punch right after an encore to punish the switch much harder than you normally would.
Also I understand the point of trying to utilize encore to force a switch and capitalize with a strong move, but that's an extremely situational case considering it only works if you catch your opponent doing something other than an offensive option. If you Encore something, and it selects an offensive option instead, you've basically wasted a turn and hurt yourself in the process. It's better overall to utilize Fake out to net chip damage or extra KO's, especially when it's the only viable mon to have that move to begin with.

Also I understand the point of trying to utilize encore to force a switch and capitalize with a strong move, but that's an extremely situational case considering it only works if you catch your opponent doing something other than an offensive option. If you Encore something, and it selects an offensive option instead, you've basically wasted a turn and hurt yourself in the process. It's better overall to utilize Fake out to net chip damage or extra KO's, especially when it's the only viable mon to have that move to begin with.
Do you understand that Lopunny has 135 Speed? Do you understand how encore works????? Based on this bold comment I don't think you do.

If you encore a RECOVERY MOVE, there IS NO WAY they can pick an attack (even if they pick one) because encore locks them in. What you are describing will happen only against something that is faster than Lopunny, and let me tell you right now there is no wall that has 400+ speed to outspeed Lopunny lol.

Consdiering that the main counterplay to MLop is walling it, defensive options against it are very common. Things like Hippo and MVenu usually need to recover after taking a hit switching in or else they will be 2HKOd next switch, which you can now abuse with encore.

Last edited:

roman

Banned deucer.
Do you understand that Lopunny has 135 Speed? Do you understand how encore works????? Based on this bold comment I don't think you do.

If you encore a RECOVERY MOVE, there IS NO WAY they can pick an attack (even if they pick one) because encore locks them in. What you are describing will happen only against something that is faster than Lopunny, and let me tell you right now there is no wall that has 400+ speed to outspeed Lopunny lol.

Consdiering that the main counterplay to MLop is walling it, defensive options against it are very common. Things like Hippo and MVenu usually need to recover after taking a hit switching in or else they will be 2HKOd next switch, which you can now abuse with encore.
if some people are clearly doubting the viability of your set you could try getting replays displaying how good your lop set is to convince them instead of treating them like shit

also im pretty sure he meant that if they attack lop on the switch you basically take a good chunk of damage and it prevents you from utilizing encore which will be happening a good portion of the time due to how aggressively you have to play w encore for it to actually work.

Last edited:
if some people are clearly doubting the viability of your set you could try getting replays displaying how good your lop set is to convince them instead of treating them like shit

also im pretty sure he meant that if they attack lop on the switch you basically take a good chunk of damage and it prevents you from utilizing encore which will be happening a good portion of the time due to how aggressively you have to play w encore for it to actually work.

What you are describing and what Cloud9 said are very different things. The words "switch in" did not appear at all in the statement so I don't think this is what they meant. What you are describing applies to any Lopunny with Encore, so it is not specific to ones with Focus Punch. You also don't even have to switch in to take advantage of having encore. For example if something like Hippo comes in on an HJK, it is left with about 60% HP. You can now go for a second attack without fear. If they earthquake, well you win because earthquake can't KO. If they slack off/ SR, you can encore it and now either KO Hippo or heavily punish with Focus Punch. If they whirlwind, well they don't have enough HP to come in a second time.

It doesn't always have to involve switching INTO pokemon

Havens

WGI World Champion

You said it yourself, It's a giant "IF." Of course I understand Mega Lopunny's stats. I also recognize that there is no wall that has 400+ Speed, and that if you encore a recovery move, or any other move that isn't a direct attack, they can't attack. My point is that you've made the assumption that the opponent selected such a move prior to you clicking encore. You've also assumed that you opponent won't switch out into another mon, and in that case encore fails. If your opponent sees that you've used Focus punch on a switch, and may use it again, your opponent has the potential to click an offensive move to predict an encore, and in turn, chips away at Lopunny and prevents you from using Focus Punch and forces HJK to be your next option instead. It's not that the set doesn't have a use, but rather it won't be as effective as Fake out Pressure.

Side note: Walling Mega Lopunny isn't the main counterplay to it, depending on what type of team you are facing. There will always be offensive options to it in the form of common scarfed mons (Tapu Bulu, Victini, Jirachi, possibly Landorus-T, and Keldeo for example), Megas such as Pinsir, Gallade, and Alakazam, or even setup Z crystal mons that bypass Encore in the form of DD Flyinium Z Gyarados and TR Fairium Z Magearna. Some teams have different ways of dealing with it, but defensive options will not always be the answer the opponent provides.

Dharma

komorebi
is a Top Artist
STABless(?) EBelt Greninja

Greninja @ Expert Belt
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Rock Slide
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I've been using this set extensively on water recently, and it has proven to be very fun to use. The set aims to handle two of the types that I had trouble with at the time, namely Grass and Flying. The lack of a Life Orb is useful to bluff and Scarf set, and since I'm mainly just using this to hit a few select targets like Mantine, Mega Charizard Y, Zapdos, Celesteela, Toxapex, Mega Venusaur, Ferrothorn, and Cradily, I decided to use Expert Belt over Life Orb to increase its longevity, since Life Orb recoil coupled with Stealth Rock damage can wear it down quite easily.

Here's a replay vs Grass showing it in action: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotypesuspecttest-610360058

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Bolt Beam Deoxys (A.k.a Fuck flying)

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Taunt

I was screwing around with Deoxys and I started using this set. Basically set rocks up, then you still have your focus sash to spam thunderbolt or ice beam. Mostly this set helps out against dragon or water, nailing mega sharpedo and Gyarados on water or Hydreigon and dragonite on water. This set also kills flying.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/azure-gen7monotype-200370

So yeah basically lead Deo-S with thunderbolt and ice beam.

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Substitute Alolan Marowak

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Earthquake
- Substitute

As you all may know, marowak is considered a stealth rocker and wallbreaker on Ghost. Basically what this set does is it allows Alolan Marowak to take advantage of weaker opponents like Ferrothorn or Forretress, and pull out a substitute over them. Behind the substitute, you basically spam your Fire / Ghost / Ground coverage until the opponent is weakened enough for Scarf Gengar to kill. Bluffing Rock Head is also an option if its your last hope in the match. Max Speed EVs are put in in order to outspeed bulky Pokemon such as Mega Scizor, Heatran, Skarmory, Mega Venusaur, and Celesteela.

Substitute Alolan Marowak must pair with Golurk in order to cover up its lack of an electric immunity and hazards. Dhelmise is also appreciated as it can spin away the hazards that defensive threats set. Mega Sableye can come in to sponge Knock offs.

Basically an Offensive Alolan Marowak that works outside of Trick Room.

Last edited by a moderator:
Electrode @ Light Clay
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Volt Switch
- Taunt/Magic coat
- Light Screen

THIS hting is beautyfool

Dual screens is always appreciated everywhere. It helps xurkitree set up, and just otherwise helps the rest of the team take damage. I mean, thats all there is to say about a dual screener lol. Volt switch helps with momentum and taunt is great for stopping defogs/leads. If taun'ts not to your liking, you can always have magic coat.

V-Create is an extremely powerful move (180 BP), but it lowers your stats after use. Most notably, speed is dropped, which makes continual use difficult.
Then it hit me: why not use trick room?

Victini @ Focus Sash
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 SpA / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- V-create
- Bolt Strike/Fusion Bolt (Bolt strike is more powerful (130 vs. 100) but only has 93.5% accuracy)
- Quick Attack/Power-Up Punch

The premise is simple: Use trick room on the first turn it's out, then spam V-Create until the trick room runs out. This way, you get to use a 180 BP move (comparable to some Z-Moves) over and over, while you outspeed everything. The focus sash is to gaurantee at least one turn, though it's not needed too often. The third move is an electric move to use when V-Create won't suffice, though V-Create is actually more powerful even when the opponent has a 2x resistance to it. The last moveslot is up to personal preference, power-up punch if you want to boost your power and quick attack if you want priority.

Helps cover psychic's bug weakness, though most victinis can do that.

Just be careful, though: once victini's out, there's no real way to take it back lest you want it to tank a hit at half health. It's also better to remove pokemon like heatran who are extremely bulky and resist V-create beforehand because they can give victini some trouble.

Here's a replay:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotypesuspecttest-615863336 (comes turn 26)

Unbreakable Object

(Toxapex) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Merciless
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stockpile
- Recover
- Toxic
- Liquidation

Maybe not exactly creative, but pretty underrated, or at least underused. From the moveset, you can probably guess what it does: Stall, and take advantage of Merciless to take down opponents. Set up with Stockpile, and use Recover as needed. Then, Toxic to whittle them down and Liquidate away! Between Toxapex's already incredible bulk and Stockpile, taking it down is a problem.

Pros: Near-invincible once set up, pretty good defensive typing, and nobody wants to switch their item for a Black Sludge.

Cons: Slow, can be defeated with some difficulty before setting up, screwed against most steel and poison types, Attack stat is a joke unless supereffective.

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Meteor Mash Lead Deoxys-Speed

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Spikes
- Taunt

With the release of Mega Diancie, Deoxys-Speed can rarely ever get the crucial hazards it needs to get up due against Fairy and Rock due to Magic Bounce. The main goal of Meteor Mash is to pick off Mega Diancie turn 1 and stack up the hazards. 48 Atk EVs can be used to net the ohko 100% of the time.

8 Atk Deoxys-Speed Meteor Mash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Diancie-Mega: 232-276 (96.2 - 114.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
48 Atk Deoxys-Speed Meteor Mash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Diancie-Mega: 244-288 (101.2 - 119.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Update: All sets that have been approved have entered the archive and any Magearna sets have been removed​

Last edited:
Focus Sash Kommo-o (for Dragon)

Kommo-o @ Focus Sash
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Brick Break
- Dragon Dance
- Poison Jab
- Clanging Scales

I guess Brick Break could be a good idea for a Dragon team, since both Fairy and Ice usually rely on screens. If Ninetales uses Aurora Veil on the first turn, Kommo-o can dance and kill it on the next turn while doing away with the screen. What's more, Overcoat makes it immune to Hail, so the sash keeps being functional. Against fairy it should be similar, with poison jab to kill mons like Koko or Bulu. Clanging Scales is thought to deal with any possible pshysical wall, like Hippowdon or Staraptor, but i guess it could work with Outrage too. Some calcs:

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Kommo-o Brick Break vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 616-728 (87.6 - 103.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Kommo-o Brick Break vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Ninetales-Alola: 294-347 (102.4 - 120.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Where are you getting the life orb from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)