Resource Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (NU Edition)

A-Sandslash has a tiny amount of use outside of setting up aurora veil, it can revenge kill Virizion with hail up which can situationally come in handy. However you should never use it without teammates to take advantage of veil

cofagrigus will be eligible to be retested once NU is out of beta. We will see what the council thinks then : O
Will I be able to use him in the NU open

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Togetic carries Eviolite and is usually used for Wish or Defog support. It can be very bulky with Eviolite.

Mesprit is usually used as a specially offensive pivot with U-turn and Stealth Rock support

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Togetic's HP is way too small for Wish support; usually it's used as a hard response to most of the tier's offensive Grass- and Fighting-types while threatening Thunder Wave. Otherwise, Golbat largely overshadows it.

Mesprit has two usable sets in this meta: offensive Stealth Rock with any coverage moves you see fit, and Choice Scarf with U-turn + Healing Wish. Anything else it has is outdone by Uxie or Meloetta.

I looked at togetic and realised that it resists both grass and fighting and started wondering what spread to run on it, but I have never seen brighter of those mons on the ladder

How viable is Rain offense in the current metagame, and what are the key threats to the playstyle that should be considered when building such a team?

cyanize

Mantra Good I Casted So Many Spells U Idiot
is a Community Contributor
I'd say rain is pretty viable, as rain sweepers such as Kabutops and Ludicolo are extremely threatening thanks to both the speed and power boost, and we have reliable setters in Liepard and Uxie. Probably the biggest threat/annoyance to Rain is Hail setters like Aurorus and Vanilluxe that disrupt the weather and can hit hard with their own attacks, especially Freeze-Dry. There are also a select few scarfers that outpace Kabutops and Ludi even in rain, specifically Tauros and the rest of the 110+ Speed tier.

What is komala set? I know it is supposed to use wish and rapid spin, but what are te other moves? And spread? Why to use this over other spinners?

What is komala set? I know it is supposed to use wish and rapid spin, but what are te other moves? And spread? Why to use this over other spinners?
U can use AV komala with spin, wood hammer, earthquake, frustration Max hp Max attack adamant
Komala is specially bulky with a good base hp and attack and cannot be statused due to comatose
If u want to make it bulkier Av Max def Max hp impish

cyanize

Mantra Good I Casted So Many Spells U Idiot
is a Community Contributor
Honestly, Spin Komala is pretty bad. It doesn't have much of a niche over other hazard removers, as although it has the potential to beat all of our spinblockers, if I wanted a specially bulky spinner I'd use Cryogonal instead which isn't slow, has good recovery, actual defensive utility, and isn't over-reliant on a move such as Sucker Punch to be effective. Not only that, but Wish Komala forces you to give up two moveslots in order to be effective (Wish and Protect), leaving you with only one moveslot for an attack, and you can't even really pass them to its team because of its poor HP stat. If i were to ever use Komala, it'd probably be an SD set because Komala's high atk and decent coverage lend it to be a decent balance-breaker.

Hi, everyone! I'm not sure where to ask these questions, but I have two of them for you all.
1st- Why are there songs at every suspect test?
2nd- How are the songs chosen?

I'm sorry if these are silly questions!

What is Oricorio-Baile's niche? Is it solely to trap Quiver Dancers (Lilligant, Vivillion) and strike back? Are its merits so high that Oricorio-Pom Pom, despite a typing that resists Hurricane from Vivillion (while still resisting Petal Dance and Bug Buzz and not immediately dying from a HP Rock), doesn't deserve a place in the VR?

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
What is Oricorio-Baile's niche? Is it solely to trap Quiver Dancers (Lilligant, Vivillion) and strike back? Are its merits so high that Oricorio-Pom Pom, despite a typing that resists Hurricane from Vivillion (while still resisting Petal Dance and Bug Buzz and not immediately dying from a HP Rock), doesn't deserve a place in the VR?
Its niche over other Oricorio formes is that Fire Revelation Dance along with Fire/Flying typing capitalizes on Steelix the best, and compared to Charizard, it has a much stronger Flying STAB, Calm Mind, and U-turn. Though I would consider Pom-Pom and Sensu bad so much as they are unexplored, and they've been considered for ranks a few times in the past, so we're plenty open to being convinced :o

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)