Metagame Regarding the new Core Metagames Policy

In case you haven't seen it i am referring to what is outlined in this thread.

This is obviously a hard blow to take and i understand you might be angry about it, of course, but the best way to go about it is to work harder to become a better community and earn the respect and recognition needed to overturn the decision in the future. Being immature and angry with upper staff is the worst thing to do if you want this policy to change and in fact it will do more harm than good in terms of public reception of the tier.
Other tiers like Little Cup were able to overturn the prejudices and, with our arguably bigger community in terms of raw numbers, we definitely do have the qualities needed to step up and take our chance when it comes, because with hard work it will.

I can't blame the ones of you that will want to leave to focus on another tier with more immediate chances of success but it would be a shame to give up now, we need all the help we can get and the rewards will come eventually.

That said we will be working to improve and expand our tournament circuit with seasonals and more old gens tournaments coming up in the next few months so stay tuned for that.

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Galbia is right, the only way is to prove that we're "good enough" to be included as a core metagame, and can supply enough substance for this. Viva la Pu!

Hey guys!

Honestly I might be really ignorant but I don't see the bad thing in this... we have just recently recognized as a formal tier and we have to be honest with ourselves, we still do not have the support that higher tiers have, so, this is not surprising at all.

Also, we are still an Official Meta, which means the only "privileges" we lose is getting a few medals on our profiles and not having "formal tournaments"... that didn't bring us down before, why it should do it now?

Let's keep enjoying our favourite tier!

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
Galbia is right, the only way is to prove that we're "good enough" to be included as a core metagame, and can supply enough substance for this. Viva la Pu!
kinda hard to prove we're "good enough" especially when we can't even prove that in official tournaments. like ig why they would make the decision since we are the new kids on the block but i honestly have no reason why were the only tier under Smogon's tiering which is excluded, especially when we have a larger playerbase raw-stat wise as galbia pointed out. I think it's like a big FU (no pun intended) since we were doing so well and all of our progress towards tour status is kinda stopped. sure there's the "chance" that we could become core but that's not going to happen during the next two games.
This is obviously a hard blow to take and i understand you might be angry about it, of course, but the best way to go about it is to work harder to become a better community and earn the respect and recognition needed to overturn the decision in the future. Being immature and angry with upper staff is the worst thing to do if you want this policy to change and in fact it will do more harm than good in terms of public reception of the tier.

That said we will be working to improve and expand our tournament circuit with seasonals and more old gens tournaments coming up in the next few months so stay tuned for that.
Personally, I am excited for more tours and effort put in by everyone but I feel like if we aren't able to get rid of bias from upper staff (not h8 just fax). I realize this decision doesn't really effect most people, or even the people that frequent this forum, as it only deals with official tours, but it still is a pretty low blow. While I will not badger upper staff or be angry with them, I'm disappointed that we were not even given a chance. If we had been in an official tour and it had been a complete shit show, I'd totally understand, but the fact that we haven't even had a chance to distinguish ourself in the tour scene is pretty unfortunate. That being said, a few years ago we barely had a chance of becoming official and here we are. All we can do now is trust the process and work hard.

I know I'm new around here and my opinion doesn't have much weight, but I feel like we have a great community and some truly talented players. MRcoolGUY886 and I are gonna keep plugging along.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)