Resource Monotype Sample Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've run cursed body in the past, taking weak scalds and a burn in this gen is nothing compared to potentially removing any move from a mon. It gets recover unlike lanturn with volt absorb so I think cursed body is a good ability for jelli, if not preferred.

Right so about Water Absorb vs Cursed Body. First, without even going into specific uses, if you can choose between taking damage and not taking damage, it's really not even an argument to begin with. Cursed Body is not only unreliable but actually outright useless in many cases. Considering its alternative not only makes it immune to Water-type moves but gives it healing opportunities, why would you ever use it?

Anyway, even if we're pretending that Cursed Body is actually ever useful, it still isn't better than Water Absorb even for the example you gave because, as it turns out, neither are useful at all against Suicune anyway. Suicune isn't going to beat Jellicent with Scald with Cursed Body or with Water Absorb. Suicune either wins because you get PP stalled or loses because idk they misplayed hard somewhere.

Speed EV change is fine, though.
Immunity doesn't always mean better don't get me wrong it does have its uses, but when you have the core that resists water it's kinda pointless and you are wrong yes it is an arguement. Not a lot of people are going to be spamming water moves unless it's scald which then you would be in an even better spot because then you can freely switch in without getting poisoned/toxiced as I mentioned. If we are going to talk about useless in many cases let's talk about water absorb it's useful in water mu (sometimes) and sub cm keldeo which isn't common at all other then that it's pretty pointless. Cursed body is yes unreliable to an extent jellicent is able to wall a lot of Pokemon specially so it can spam recover until it gets a cursed body off threatening moves like thunderbolt from nidoking and then jellicent takes more then 10% less from earth power. As I mention it helps gain momentum for ghosts offensive game (which needs all the help it can get). It has a better time walling volcarona because of the ability to disable Giga drain. It can also come in clutch from not getting totally destroyed by a huge threat like bisharp it's better to be able to pray on numbers then just getting destroyed and 30% is nothing to laugh at. So I'll ask you this do you want an ability that gives you immunity to a water which won't get used much because it is something the defensive core resist or do you want an ability that can get activated many times in a battle because of jellicents bulk and able to help ghost generate some necessary momentum.

Garry2Scary Ghost Cream

So you both know this thread has nothing to do with debating which is the best set for a team, this thread also is only for sample teams to be submitted then approved and if declined Tyke will usually say why, So if you have no teams to give at the moment I feel you shouldn't argue here or discuss viability of a set. there is always the vr for that type of discussion and even then this would even be out of hand there so chill thanks.

A quick change for the Jellicent set on Balanced Ghost

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic

The 12 speed evs are for defensive Celesteela so jellicent can taunt before it gets toxic/leech seeded.
Cursed body>Water Absorb There isn't a lot of threatening water moves that need to be absorbed basically Vincune is the only one which gets taunt+disabled. It can also generate some momentum if it disables a Pokemon with a choiced item.
I'd agree with Eien here. Water Absorb is better than Cursed Body in my opinion.

Water Absorb gives you a type immunity to Water, the type with the broadest number of archetypes. Meaning if you use, say, an Alolan Marowak, and the opponent will use water, you can swap to Jellicent and Jellicent heals HP, which is a score for you.

Though Cursed Body disables moves, thus having a chance of rendering Choiced Pokémon useless,

a. You will have to take damage.
b. 30% chance is quite unreliable.
c. Choose between taking damage and recovering damage. Which will you prefer?

Therefore, Water Absorb is better than Cursed Body in almost every way. The only way Cursed Body might be better is its ability to disable moves, but it's reliability depends on too many factors that most people will just opt to go with Water Absorb.

I hope you guys won't ban me for saying my opinion.

Offensive Trick Room Ghost

Mimikyu @ Fairium Z
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- Trick Room

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 21 Spe
- Bonemerang
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Stealth Rock

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play
- Knock Off
- Recover

Dhelmise @ Choice Band
Ability: Steelworker
Brave Nature
- Rock Slide
- Anchor Shot
- Power Whip
- Earthquake

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Destiny Bond

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Toxic
- Scald
- Recover

Hi so this is my version of a trick room Ghost Team. I have had a lot of success with this team and it does very well against a broad range of common neutral matchups ghost faces so I thought I might post it

First up we have Mimikyu which is pretty much a staple on any ghost team at this point. Because of disguise it is guaranteed to get Trick Room up albeit it is a bit fast for a Trick Room setter. The other three moves are fairly standard on a Mimikyu and just good STAB options to hit hard. Mimikyu also becomes somewhat bulky with full health investment and can potentially set up trick room again.

Next up we have our wall-breaker in Marowak that just hits insanely hard with its amazing stab coverage in Shadow Bone and Flare Blitz. I gave this Marowak rock head so that flare blitz becomes an insanely powerful and Spammable stab move under trick room. Bonemerang is nice ground coverage Marowak appreciates for certain pokemon like heatran and other fire types. Lastly Marowak also acts as a rock setter for this team which greatly helps vs bug and ice as they can't spin away the rocks.

Thirdly we have Mega-Sableye which is another staple for ghost teams. I gave this Sableye the standard utility set with knock off, will-o-wisp and recover and the ev spread reflects this as well. I lastly gave Sableye foul play to punish physical attackers that try to set up against Sableye. I found protect only useful in a handful of circumstances like against lopunny which plays around Sableye's protect anyway and Fake out is a waste of a move on Sableye in my opinion so I chose Foul Play for the last moveslot. Sableye forms a nice defensive core of this team with Jellicent as Sableye burns and cripples physical attackers while Jellicent tanks special hits very well.

Next, we have Dhelmise which I can surmise is going to be a controversial pick on this team. I chose Dhelmise in large part due to its grass typing and its ability to help in two key matchups that ghost may struggle with otherwise namely Water and Ground. Dhelmise also acts as a way to deal with Azumarill under Trick Room as Belly Drum Azumarill causes Ghost pokemon a plethora of issues with aqua jet and knock off. A Choice Band Dhelmise with Power Whip hits extremely hard and either OHKos or 2HKos many ground and water mons. Anchor Shot is another nice move that works well against fairy types and Earthquake and rock slide acts as valuable pseudo edge-quake coverage. I found banded rapid spin quite generally a very bad idea and shifts the momentum in the opponent's favour as Dhelmise is either forced to be sacked or withdrawn.

Gengar acts as the speed control of this team outside of Trick Room. Scarf Gengar is extremely fast and acts as a great late game cleaner for Ghost. Shadow Ball and Sludge Wave are two standard STAB moves Gengar must possess and Focus Blast acts as a powerful move to hit Dark types albeit slightly inaccurate. If the user doesn't like the shakiness of Focus Blast Dazzling gleam can be used instead to further help out vs dark and the dragon matchup especially against hydreigon that is a threatening pokemon for Ghost. The last move I gave on Gengar was Destiny Bond as Gengar can often take out threatening Choiced targets that are slower than it and allow a fresh swap in for a trick room setter or a late game cleaner. Thunderbolt may be used for this last option though I felt that redundant give that Dhelmise has Grass and rock coverage already.

Lastly we have Jellicent our special defensive wall and our secondary trick room setter. Jellicent sets up trick room for its team mates and then can annoy with toxic and scald burns. Furthermore since Jellicent is quite bulky it can often find ways to set up trick room multiple times during the match and acts as a very reliable trick room setter for Ghost

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Mega Gardevoir Psychic

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike
- Zen Headbutt

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Counter
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Focus Blast

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Psychic
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power Steel

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 224 HP / 252 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head
- U-turn

Victini is the physical wallbreaker of this team. The last slot of Victini's move is given to Zen Headbutt, since its a more spammable attack since Victini is equipped with a Choice Band.

Mew is the stallbreaker of this team. It offers utility through Knock off, Will-O-Wisp, and Taunt. It is able to effectivley manage defensive threats such as Chansey, Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Cradily and Celesteela by crippling them with Knock Off and burning them with Will-O-Wisp.

Alakazam provides a blanket check to almost every physical attacker with its Sash Counter set.
Latios provides speed control using a scarf. It is capable of revenge killing many quiver and dragon dancers with a boost up thanks to its excellent speed in conjunction with a Choice Scarf.

Mega Gardevoir is the special wallbreaker of this team, being able to take Dragon attacks while hitting Dark types super effectivley with Hyper voice. Will-O-Wisp is used to punish physical attackers such as Bisharp that might try to pick off Gardevoir.

Jirachi is our Stealth Rocker and special pivot on this team. Using its steel typing, it can reliably get up rocks and cripple many threats with Thunder Wave, and using Iron head flinches to wear the opposing Pokemon down. Alternativley, U-turn can be used to bring in Mega Gardevoir safetly.

e: made changes

Last edited:
I've got one suggestion:
  • Mega Heracross Hyper Offense Bug: this team gets 6-0ed by Mega Charizard Y (Mega Charizard X sweeps too, but it does to every Bug team regardless). Although it has specially defensive Armaldo, it can't take 2 hits under sun (252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Armaldo in Sun: 261-307 (73.9 - 86.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery), and Mega Charizard Y is faster than the entire team except from Yanmega after one Speed Boost and Galvantula. Yanmega can't revenge kill a Mega Charizard Y at full health (252+ SpA Life Orb Yanmega Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Charizard-Mega-Y: 144-172 (48.4 - 57.9%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO) and Galvantula while it OHKOes it with Thunder, the accuracy of this move under sun is heavily reduced. It is important to note that Bug has a lot of trouble setting Stealth Rock because Fire has Torkoal with the combination of Rapid Spin+Yawn, and rocks would be the key to let Yanmega revenge kill Mega Charizard Y. With all that being said, i think a Bug team shouldn't be 6-0ed by Mega Charizard Y from preview because it has the tools to revenge kill it. This team is using Mega Heracross so it can't run Choice Scarf Heracross with Stone Edge to revenge kill Mega Charizard Y, but it has 2 other alternatives to fill that hole: Choice Scarf Buzzwole and Scolipede.

Choice Scarf Buzzwole is faster than Mega Charizard Y and can OHKO it with Stone Edge, and Scolipede is faster than Mega Charizard Y even without any speed boosts and can revenge kill it with Rock Slide. The team already has 2 special mons in Galvantula and Volcarona, so there's no need to run Yanmega (Fighting and Grass are almost non existent) while you can run mons like Scolipede or Buzzwole to help you deal with common threats for Bug teams. so my suggestion is replacing Yanmega with either Choice Scarf Buzzwole or Scolipede.​

I've got one suggestion:
  • Mega Heracross Hyper Offense Bug: this team gets 6-0ed by Mega Charizard Y (Mega Charizard X sweeps too, but it does to every Bug team regardless). Although it has specially defensive Armaldo, it can't take 2 hits under sun (252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Armaldo in Sun: 261-307 (73.9 - 86.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery), and Mega Charizard Y is faster than the entire team except from Yanmega after one Speed Boost and Galvantula. Yanmega can't revenge kill a Mega Charizard Y at full health (252+ SpA Life Orb Yanmega Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Charizard-Mega-Y: 144-172 (48.4 - 57.9%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO) and Galvantula while it OHKOes it with Thunder, the accuracy of this move under sun is heavily reduced. It is important to note that Bug has a lot of trouble setting Stealth Rock because Fire has Torkoal with the combination of Rapid Spin+Yawn, and rocks would be the key to let Yanmega revenge kill Mega Charizard Y. With all that being said, i think a Bug team shouldn't be 6-0ed by Mega Charizard Y from preview because it has the tools to revenge kill it. This team is using Mega Heracross so it can't run Choice Scarf Heracross with Stone Edge to revenge kill Mega Charizard Y, but it has 2 other alternatives to fill that hole: Choice Scarf Buzzwole and Scolipede.

Choice Scarf Buzzwole is faster than Mega Charizard Y and can OHKO it with Stone Edge, and Scolipede is faster than Mega Charizard Y even without any speed boosts and can revenge kill it with Rock Slide. The team already has 2 special mons in Galvantula and Volcarona, so there's no need to run Yanmega (Fighting and Grass are almost non existent) while you can run mons like Scolipede or Buzzwole to help you deal with common threats for Bug teams. so my suggestion is replacing Yanmega with either Choice Scarf Buzzwole or Scolipede.​
Great observation about Mega Charizard Y. I think there's a third solution, though. All we need to do is use Ancient Power over Giga Drain on Yanmega. The whole point of the Volcarona + Yanmega core is that you can maximize your moveslots and coverage options. For whatever reason, the team has Giga Drain on both Volcarona and Yanmega, and that's really just a waste. Ancient Power OHKOes Mega Charizard Y, and it was definitely used last generation too on these very Mega Heracross (and Mega Scizor) teams. As a side benefit, Ancient Power always 2HKOes Zapdos after Stealth Rock damage and can do the same to Mantine with a little chip. It's also a little helpful against Fire for the obvious reason, although it doesn't tend to pack quite enough punch to do much other than sweep a weakened team.

If we do change Yanmega to a different Pokemon, though, I think Buzzwole is a much better option. While it does double up with Mega Heracross on typing, it's a phenomenal check to Dragon, which has traditionally been a rough matchup for non-Mega Scizor Bug. Scolipede, on the other hand, doesn't really do anything that Bug needs, so I don't think that's as good of an idea. Either way, both are completely walled by Skarmory, so my personal opinion is to just make a straightforward improvement to Yanmega and call it a day. Even if Yanmega does need to Protect to outspeed Mega Charizard Y, it's not like Buzzwole and Scolipede actually realistically do anything.

Also, this team needs to have Jolly Scizor. The whole point of Pursuit is to trap Choice Scarf Victini at -2 Speed. At -2, it still has 246 Speed, which outspeeds Adamant's 229 but loses to Jolly's 251. Armaldo also should run 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 SpD+ to survive one V-create even after Stealth Rock damage to ensure Victini goes down to -2 and can be subsequently trapped. Obviously, you don't really want Armaldo to be dying before spinning Stealth Rock, but if you're in this position, this is probably the only path to winning.

Concerning the Offensive Electric sample team, Zapdos' spread either is inefficient or simply has a wrong nature.

Indeed, if outspeeding Jolly Bisharp is the purpose behind it, Zapdos' spread of 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe with a Timid Nature could be improved by using a spread of 252 HP / 144 SpD / 112 Spe with a Calm Nature instead.

If not (if outspeeding Adamant Bisharp was the intent), then a Calm Nature should be used instead of a Timid one.

Vincune's one of the bigger threats in the current metagame, so here's a sample team for those that want to try it out.

Balance Water
Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 16 SpD / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Protect
- Substitute

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Baneful Bunker

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar

Greninja @ Groundium Z
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory
- Dig
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
- Haze

Standard VinCune. EV spread notably outspeeds neutral-natured Kyurem-B along with Xurkitree and makes sure Seismic Toss doesn't break in one hit. Substitute + Protect combines with Pressure to allow VinCune to PP stall Ferrothorn and other similar Pokemon that are huge threats to Water teams.

Toxic Spikes + Baneful Bunker is anti-Normal tech. It's basically impossible to lose vs Normal with this set. Set up Toxic Spikes to cripple the entire Normal team bar Staraptor and use Baneful Bunker to outplay Diggersby and Meloetta properly. Do be aware that Toxapex does not have Haze on this team.

Mega Swampert has much more bulk than Swampert and is able to actually sort of take Subzero Slammer from Kyurem-B, which is why it drops the Leftovers recovery. It's great here for being both immune to Electric and the Stealth Rock setter.

The Greninja set is anti-Poison. Extrasensory and Tectonic Rage destroys Poison teams completely. Extrasensory 2HKOes Mega Venusaur and Toxapex, and Tectonic Rage OHKOes Alolan Muk. No one scouts for Tectonic Rage, but they might after I post this sample, so play smart with it. BoltBeam coverage also makes Greninja a fantastic Flying check. If they see the Ice Beam damage without Life Orb, Hidden Power Electric slams right into the Mantine switch easily. This lets Greninja just rip through Flying teams.

Choice Scarf Keldeo is one of the best revenge killers for this team and provides additional support against Normal (mainly Mega Lopunny) and revenge kills Mega Diancie.

Mantine carries Haze because Toxapex lacks it. The Speed EVs lets it outspeed Adamant Azumarill, making it an almost guaranteed stop to the Z-Belly Drum sweep. It also takes on Volcarona for free, unlike Toxapex which fears Shattered Psyche.

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Hello, I just recently got back into Monotype, and already I built a nice team with the Monotype room on PS! So I thought I would share it here. Format stolen from Eien lol.

Meloetta Balance Normal
Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick
- Encore
- Fake Out

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

Porygon2 @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam
- Foul Play
- Recover

Meloetta @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Hyper Voice

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Transform

Staraptor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Roost
- Defog

This is obviously very similar to the other Normal sample team, and that's because Chansey, Staraptor, and Porygon2 are staple Pokemon, so I'm sure plenty of you already know what they do. However, two changes I made from the other team are that on Staraptor, I do have Close Combat, which is for Bisharp, as well as for the fact that I don't really see the need for U-Turn. Also, on Porygon2, I changed Toxic to Thunder Wave, because Chansey already has Toxic, and I've found Thunder Wave to be more useful in a lot of match ups.

As for the other Pokemon, they aren't exactly standard, but it's pretty regular to see them on teams. The mega of choice is Mega Lopunny, and it's set is pretty standard. I decided to run Fake Out over Power-Up Punch on Lopunny because Lopunny doesn't need the +1 attack, as well as that Fake Out gets off chip against Offense, and in some cases, revenge kills.

I also have Ditto which is pretty standard, it basically makes it so you don't lose to Mega Altaria, or rare low ladder things like Minior. Not much else to explain here.

Last but not least, I have the biggest difference compared to the other team, and that's Meloetta. The difference between Diggersby and Meloetta is that Diggersby helps you not lose against Steel and Meloetta helps you not lose against Fighting. Arguably, it might be much more wise to not run Meloetta because Fighting isn't really common, another great reason to run Meloetta is to have a last ditch effort against types like Ghost if you manage to lose Mega Lopunny.

Thanks Quantum Tesseract for helping me with a few little details.

roman

Banned deucer.
Hello, I just recently got back into Monotype, and already I built a nice team with the Monotype room on PS! So I thought I would share it here. Format stolen from Eien lol.

Meloetta Balance Normal
Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick
- Encore
- Fake Out

Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

Porygon2 @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam
- Foul Play
- Recover

Meloetta @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Hyper Voice

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Transform

Staraptor @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Roost
- Defog

This is obviously very similar to the other Normal sample team, and that's because Chansey, Staraptor, and Porygon2 are staple Pokemon, so I'm sure plenty of you already know what they do. However, two changes I made from the other team are that on Staraptor, I do have Close Combat, which is for Bisharp, as well as for the fact that I don't really see the need for U-Turn. Also, on Porygon2, I changed Toxic to Thunder Wave, because Chansey already has Toxic, and I've found Thunder Wave to be more useful in a lot of match ups.

As for the other Pokemon, they aren't exactly standard, but it's pretty regular to see them on teams. The mega of choice is Mega Lopunny, and it's set is pretty standard. I decided to run Fake Out over Power-Up Punch on Lopunny because Lopunny doesn't need the +1 attack, as well as that Fake Out gets off chip against Offense, and in some cases, revenge kills.

I also have Ditto which is pretty standard, it basically makes it so you don't lose to Mega Altaria, or rare low ladder things like Minior. Not much else to explain here.

Last but not least, I have the biggest difference compared to the other team, and that's Meloetta. The difference between Diggersby and Meloetta is that Diggersby helps you not lose against Steel and Meloetta helps you not lose against Fighting. Arguably, it might be much more wise to not run Meloetta because Fighting isn't really common, another great reason to run Meloetta is to have a last ditch effort against types like Ghost if you manage to lose Mega Lopunny.

Thanks Quantum Tesseract for helping me with a few little details.
hello! seems like a decent team but i found some problems and you have some misconceptions about normal as well :s. cc raptor does not beat bisharp unless bisharp isn't at +2 when raptor switches in (in which case the steel player is switching out). hazards are also very easy for steel to stack against normal so bish can actually just ko with knock after rocks anyway. if running cc though you should definitely be running 16 spe evs as it outpaces ada bish (which is what ur main cc target is anyway) and ada loom (which is obviously a big threat). also scarf meloetta isn't that hard for fighting to get around as all of fighting's scarfers rko it pretty easily and cobalion can even setup rocks and twave mel if it's locked into psyshock. also without diggersby or power-up punch lopunny you actually have a really tough matchup against poison. numerous other matchups become much more difficult without any sort of wallbreaker so i would definitely make mel specs / drop it for diggs and/or make mlop power-up punch as fake out isn't that important for rkoing setup as the team already has a ditto. i feel like this wouldn't be very helpful for beginners as this archetype complicates certain matchups and has no real way to break balance aside from status which obviously isn't very reliable.

bish calcs - https://hastebin.com/xitigawunu.diff

hello! seems like a decent team but i found some problems and you have some misconceptions about normal as well :s. cc raptor does not beat bisharp unless bisharp isn't at +2 when raptor switches in (in which case the steel player is switching out). hazards are also very easy for steel to stack against normal so bish can actually just ko with knock after rocks anyway. if running cc though you should definitely be running 16 spe evs as it outpaces ada bish (which is what ur main cc target is anyway) and ada loom (which is obviously a big threat). also scarf meloetta isn't that hard for fighting to get around as all of fighting's scarfers rko it pretty easily and cobalion can even setup rocks and twave mel if it's locked into psyshock. also without diggersby or power-up punch lopunny you actually have a really tough matchup against poison. numerous other matchups become much more difficult without any sort of wallbreaker so i would definitely make mel specs / drop it for diggs and/or make mlop power-up punch as fake out isn't that important for rkoing setup as the team already has a ditto. i feel like this wouldn't be very helpful for beginners as this archetype complicates certain matchups and has no real way to break balance aside from status which obviously isn't very reliable.

bish calcs - https://hastebin.com/xitigawunu.diff
I also think that if he wants to stand a chance against fighting his best bet is to fit porygon-z on the team, as it can solo fighting once terrakion is taken care of and the possible sash breloom

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader

Sandless Ground

Garchomp @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Gravity

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
Hasty Nature
- Earthquake
- Screech
- Reversal
- Sludge Wave

Seismitoad @ Choice Specs
EVs: 116 HP / 252 SpA / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Grass Knot

Garchomp+Landorus compliment each other very well as they each take out the others checks. Garchomp can muscle past specially defensive pokemon for Landorus and Landorus can muscle past physicarly defensive pokemon for Garchomp. Garchomp is the teams Z Move user and can OHKO Chansey and Porygon2 with +2 Devasting Drake. Landorus also provides great support in Gravity, allowing Groumd type attacks to hit all pokemon and only resisted by Grass types. Excadrill is a nice lead and can get up rocks on everything except faster Taunt users. Excadrill can also remove hazards with Rapid Spin and Toxic pOkemos such as Mega Sableye due to its ability Mold Breaker. Krookodile is the teams speed control, unfortunately below base 100 speed but still outspeeds pokemon like Scarf heracross. Krookodile can also Pursuit trap annting Psychic types such as Latios. Dugtrio can trap anything that dosent Levitate, being a flying type or holds an air balloon. Dugtrio can dent celesteela in Gravity and does like ~60% to Bulu with Sludge Wave. Seismitoad is the teams mandatory water absorber and Azumarill check. It runs enough speed to outpace even Jolly azu variants and is a powerful special wallbreaker.

Last edited:
Mega Latias Dragon
So this is a bulky offensive Dragon team built around Mega Latias. Mega Latias is a good wincon in many different matchups including Flying and Water. Mega Latias can be a dangerous threat to teams after a couple of Calm Mind boosts, and it’s fantastic natural bulk plus reliable recovery allows many setup opportunities throughout the game. However, Mega Latias appreciates team support, and this is where the rest of the team comes into play. Latios fills a few useful roles on the team in order to support Mega Latias. A Choice Scarf means it’s a solid revenge killer, and Hidden Power Steel allows it to reliably OHKO Mega Diancie. Defog supports the rest of the team by being a very speedy remover of Stealth Rock, Sticky Web, and other hazards. Dragalge fills an important role on the team, being a special cushion that can take on threats such as Gengar, Tapu Koko, and almost everything carrying Hidden Power Ice. It’s a solid switch-in to things that threaten the rest of the team, and its Poison coverage is greatly appreciated thanks to Adaptabiity Sludge Wave OHKOing most Fairy types. It can also spread burns with Scald. Kyurem-Black is a mixed wallbreaker that helps in the Ground and Ice matchup greatly and generally just puts offensive pressure that the rest of the team appreciates. Garchomp is the hazard setter of the team, also being able to wallbreak thanks to Dragonium Z. Finally, Dragonite lends a huge hand in many matchups such as Normal and Steel, which Mega Latias can’t shine in very well.

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stored Power
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Steel]

Dragalge @ Assault Vest
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Scald

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost

Garchomp @ Dragonium Z
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Superpower
- Extreme Speed

Last edited:

Carnies Vengance

Banned deucer.
Mega Gallade Psychic Hyper Offense!!!

Hello people of smogon it has been quite some time since the last time ive been active on the forums! Today monotype community I bring you this psychic team that I spammed quite some bit in the recent monotype seasonals reaching semi finals! I believe this psychic team has potential to be a future sample so onward we go with the description of each individual member!

Latias @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Healing Wish
- Psyshock
- Surf

This latias set is very straightforward. A good friend of mine on discord recommended me to run this set along mega gallade a while back and let me tell you, it packs power. With Draco meteor, you are able to nuke any pokemon that is not chansey or a resist to either go for the kill or dent it very badly! Psyshock is able to deal good damage to chansey as it 3 shots it after stealth rock damage while surf is able to ohko offensive heatran with stealth rock and 2 shot the defensive variants! Finally healing wish is to give the main breakers/sweepers a second chance to rage back onto the battlefield and spread terror. Here are some few relevant calcs

(252 SpA Choice Specs Latias Surf vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 248-294 (76.7 - 91%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock)
(252 SpA Choice Specs Latias Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 231-273 (32.8 - 38.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock)
(252 SpA Choice Specs Latias Surf vs. 248 HP / 220+ SpD Heatran: 186-220 (48.3 - 57.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery)
(252 SpA Choice Specs Latias Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Skarmory: 187-221 (56.1 - 66.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock)
(252 SpA Choice Specs Latias Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 248+ SpD Assault Vest Muk-Alola: 136-162 (32.9 - 39.2%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO)

Gallade @ Galladite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

This gallade set is pretty straightforward, set up swords dance on given opportunity when the opponents poke is encored or have both screens up(screens set up by deoxys, and encore via wobbuffet) and just start destroying everything in your way. You can also just click an attack if the situation requires it but personally just setting up a swords dance is the best option since something usually/ will drop to it. Here are some calcs once more to show you its power.

(+2 252 Atk Gallade-Mega Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 265-313 (79.5 - 93.9%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock)
(+2 252 Atk Gallade-Mega Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 132+ Def Celesteela: 366-432 (91.9 - 108.5%) -- 50% chance to OHKO)
(+2 252 Atk Gallade-Mega Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Hippowdon: 272-322 (64.7 - 76.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery)

Victini @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike
- Trick

Victini here is the main wallbreaker and boy it sure packs a punch. With v create boosted by band almost nothing can survive this ridiculous attack as it decimates its target unless its some fat water or a rhyperior. U turn is to provide momentum and helps in trapping certain troublesome pokemons as you can just switch into wobbuffet and eliminate the threat from the game via shadow tag. Finally Bolt Strike is to provide solid neutral Fire/Electric coverage getting rid of troublesome water types like slowbro and toxapex after stealth rock damage. Trick rounds it off by shutting down a key defensive mon or just overall lock someone into an unfavorable move so the main setup sweepers gallade and hoopa can be given a chance to just end the team.

(252 Atk Choice Band Victini Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 238-282 (60.4 - 71.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO)
(252 Atk Choice Band Victini Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Toxapex: 196-232 (64.4 - 76.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO)
(252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 189-223 (50.5 - 59.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO)
(252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 191-225 (53.3 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO)
(252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Cradily: 375-442 (99.7 - 117.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO)

Wobbuffet (F) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 248 HP / 108 Def / 152 SpD
Calm Nature
- Counter
- Encore
- Destiny Bond
- Mirror Coat

The fun of the show, able to trap and eliminate key threats,wobbuffet. It serves as the teams check to bisharp,sharpedo mega, and gyarados mega along with many other physical attackers and some attackers on the special side. Maximizing its very high HP allows it to better take hits with the moveset pretty self explanatory since the idea is to get rid of what stop you right? :D

(252+ Atk Strong Jaw Sharpedo-Mega Crunch vs. 248 HP / 108 Def Colbur Berry Wobbuffet: 300-354 (51.4 - 60.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO)
(+1 252 Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Crunch vs. 248 HP / 108 Def Colbur Berry Wobbuffet: 295-348 (50.6 - 59.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO)
(+2 252 Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 108 Def Colbur Berry Wobbuffet: 528-621 (90.5 - 106.5%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO)
(+1 252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 108 Def Wobbuffet: 502-592 (86.1 - 101.5%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO)

Hoopa @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Magician
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Now this is where the team gets fun and spicy ;). Hoopa here takes care of our problem with some very offensive archetypes like sticky webs and just flat out hyper offense/ regular offense. I was inspired by the cofagrigus set that was just about the same thing except it did not get focus blast and wondered to myself. What if hoopa can do what cofagrigus did but.. better... And it has worked like a charm! Ghostium Z gives you a powerful stab shadow ball to use and after a nasty plot nothing is living. Focus blast rounds it off giving you perfect coverage to hit everything making this difficult to wall after a boost. Trick Room is to demolish offense while Nasty Plot is pretty self explanatory. Here are some calcs that might interest you.

(+2 252+ SpA Hoopa Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 406-478 (57.7 - 67.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO)
(+2 252+ SpA Hoopa Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 184+ SpD Ferrothorn: 436-514 (123.8 - 146%) -- guaranteed OHKO)
(+2 252+ SpA Hoopa Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 64 SpD Toxapex: 448-528 (147.3 - 173.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO)
The list can go on for a while but you get the idea...

Deoxys-Speed @ Light Clay
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Taunt

Ah yes the lead, without this kiddo in monotype this whole team wouldn't be possible. Deoxys is crucial to get momentum right off the bat since if you taunt correctly or set up the right screen for the incoming predicted attack on the taunt, things are in your favor right off the start. Screens are for hoopa and gallade to shine and have little obstacles on wiping out the opposing team. Stealth rocks is to of course whittle down the opposing team to get easier kills and taunt is to prevent hazards from coming onto the team side.

Well I hope you had a good time checking out my psychic team and may you have the fun and excitement I enjoyed using this team along the way!!!

Importable:https://pastebin.com/A5EEYV9r

Shoutout to Holy Ghost for supporting me along the way as I made and used this team and to Aehzo for inspiring me with the lovely core of specs latias + gallade mega as without that, this team would of not emerged.

Offensive Normal

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Return

Heliolisk @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Grass Knot
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Conversion
- Discharge
- Recover

Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Double-Edge
- U-turn

Komala @ Focus Sash
Ability: Comatose
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- U-turn
- Sucker Punch
- Return

This Normal monotype offers great and varied offensive tools the likes of Mega Lopunny, Heliolisk, Z-Conversion Porygon-Z and Staraptor, such as very welcome support coming from Chansey and, surprisingly enough, Komala.
For starters, Mega Lopunny is the powerhouse of this team. Its ability Scrappy enables it to deal with the otherwise complicated Ghost-type, while also outspeeding the majority of common threats to a Normal monotype, such as Terrakion, and using its stellar 136 base Attack stat and reliable STABs.
Heliolisk, while it isn't much of a common presence in Normal monotypes, sports an above-average Special Attack stat and an excellent Speed tier. Choice Specs allow it to be a dangerous wallbreaker, completely tearing down some of the most dangerous walls, and this build can also use a Choice Scarf to outspeed some quicker threats, the likes of Keldeo. Its Electric typing is also used here to bait Thunder Wave users who meant to target other team members, especially Mega Lopunny and Staraptor.
In a Normal monotype, whatever play style it may be, Chansey is a mandatory presence. Here, it provides support for the team, by setting up Stealth Rock and also crippling fellow tanks with Toxic. While no other move on its set can be replaced with Heal Bell, Chansey is easily able to take all statuses that were meant for other team members and get rid of those with Natural Cure.
After being able to set up Z-Conversion, Porygon-Z is a virtually unstoppable sweeper. Transforming into a Ghost-type by placing Shadow Ball on top of the moveset and thus baiting Fighting-types, causing trouble especially for High Jump Kick Mega Lopunny, also helps its presence become more important than it already was. It also has a great ability in Adaptability, which boosts its Shadow Ball to way bigger levels than ever.
Working on a Choice Scarf build, Staraptor is the usual choice to prey on the dangerous Fighting type. Reckless allows it to have even more powerful options in Brave Bird and Double-Edge. However, it has to be noticed here that Staraptor's far from ideal defensive presence will threaten it multiple times, therefore not making it elligible to immediately switch into anything without the potential sacrifice of another team member.
And to close things up, Komala. It was mainly chosen for being the only reliable enough Normal-type with access to a hazard-clearing move (the other choices being Spinda and the paper-thin Normal/Flying birds), but, while playing with this team, Komala proved itself a reliable revenge killer. Being allowed to survive potential OHKOs on Focus Sash, pivoting on U-turn, and having great priority on Sucker Punch are what dissociate this Pokémon from the other Normal-types who could clear hazards.​

Last edited:
Hyper Offense Dragon choice spam

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head
- Shadow Claw

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail
- Fire Blast

Kommo-o @ Choice Specs
Ability: Soundproof
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Clanging Scales
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon

Goodra (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Gooey
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Blast

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

The closest you can get the gen 5 OU Drag-Mag experience
Alternatively, give Dragonite Weakness Policy for more sweeping and Kommo-O Draconium-Z for One-shotting Mega-Sableye
Rocks over Fire Blast on Chomp is also an option

Alright, so I just wanted to quickly address some behavior I've observed on this thread before I do the review.

Please do not respond to / give feedback on other player's submissions before I've had a chance to. This is not an RMT thread, if a team is deeply suboptimal, this is not the place to post it, or for other players to try and fix it.

This is also not the place for in depth metagame discussion: at least not to the degree of back-and-forth I saw during the "Cursed Body vs Water Absorb" argument last month, erupting into over 10 posts of low-quality discussion (most of which has been deleted).

I want to stress that this isn't to say users can't contribute to this thread outside of team submissions; I deeply appreciate the suggestions made for approved sample teams, and some discussion around these suggestions is encouraged. But don't let it get out of hand; say your piece and move on. This isn't the thread to try and prove that so-and-so is viable.

---
Hyper Offense Psychic
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt

Gallade-Mega (M) @ Galladite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

Victini @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Defog
- Memento

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Def
- Counter
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Mew @ Mewnium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Rock Polish
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
This is literally the same as the existing psychic HO sample.

Rejected.

Balanced Water Team
Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Scald

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 200 SpD / 60 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Substitute
- Protect
- Calm Mind

Gyarados @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Ice Fang

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Hydro Pump
Tentacruel is kinda what and Eien submitted a better Vincune sample already so.

Rejected.

Offensive Steel Team:
Skarmory @ Salac Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
- Taunt

Celesteela @ Assault Vest
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpA / 32 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Earthquake
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 28 Atk / 224 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stone Edge

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Toxic

Made some changes.
Looks alright, but idk how well Ground-breaker Celesteela fits onto Hyper Offense as opposed to, say, scarf Magnezone or automatize celesteela to crush Bug / Fighting. I'm not comfortable with this teamslot. Also use Life Orb over Blackgasses on Bisharp so that you get the most out of Iron Head (hitting Mega Venusaur, for example).

Pending.

Mega Latias Dragon

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power Steel
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch
- Superpower
- Outrage

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpA
Lax Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Recover
- Thunderbolt

(Edited the move set for latias mega , forgot to change explanation)
(Edited again after seeing as my team had no way to deal with mega diance)
  • Use LO + Taunt on Hydreigon to keep from being Mega Altaria bait.
  • Use max speed on CM Mega Latias, and I'd suggest using another move over T-bolt. You already have Hydreigon breaking steel. Refresh or Heal Bell would be better.
Approved, pending these changes.

Bulky Offense Dragon (M-Latias)

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 140 HP / 252 Def / 116 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute/Refresh
- Recover
- Stored Power

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Iron Head
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage
- Ice Beam

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast/Flamethrower
- Roost

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 Spe
Lax Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Trick/Ice Beam
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

Dragonite @ Protective Pads
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Superpower/Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
Rejected.

Offensive Trick Room Ghost

Mimikyu @ Fairium Z
Ability: Disguise
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- Trick Room

Ability: Rock Head
Brave Nature
IVs: 21 Spe
- Bonemerang
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Stealth Rock

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play
- Knock Off
- Recover

Dhelmise @ Choice Band
Ability: Steelworker
Brave Nature
- Rock Slide
- Anchor Shot
- Power Whip
- Earthquake

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Destiny Bond

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Toxic
- Scald
- Recover
  • You want Swords Dance Alola Wak on Trick Room Ghost. Use it over Stealth Rock, and replace Dhelmise with Golurk as your rocks setter. You also want 24 Speed IVs, so you can outrun toxapex outside of TR because otherwise that's annoying as shit.
  • Use Max Speed on Mimikyu, it's a Trick Room setter, not an abuser, and the speed is still useful outside of TR to tackle threats like Dark types.
  • Use Hoopa or Cofagrigus over Jellicent to set Trick Room (Ghostium Z is a good set for both)
Rejected.

Mega Gardevoir Psychic

Victini @ Choice Band
Hasty Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike
- Zen Headbutt

Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Flamethrower
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 224 HP / 252 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head
- U-turn
Use Jolly on Band Victini and Scarf Latios should use Psychic > Psyshock, Trick > Defog, and something else over Thunderbolt (Ice Beam, Defog, HP Steel, etc). Replace Slowbro with Sash Counter-zam.

Pending.

Vincune's one of the bigger threats in the current metagame, so here's a sample team for those that want to try it out.

Balance Water
Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 16 SpD / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Protect
- Substitute

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Baneful Bunker

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar

Greninja @ Groundium Z
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory
- Dig

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Mantine @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
- Haze
Approved.

Meloetta Balance Normal
Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick
- Encore
- Fake Out

Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

Porygon2 @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam
- Foul Play
- Recover

Meloetta @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Hyper Voice

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Transform

Staraptor @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Roost
- Defog
It's a decent team (optimize Staraptor's EVs though), but it's way too similar to the existing sample.

Rejected.

Sandless Ground

Garchomp @ Dragonium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

Landorus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Gravity

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Hasty Nature
- Earthquake
- Screech
- Reversal
- Sludge Wave

Seismitoad @ Choice Specs
EVs: 116 HP / 252 SpA / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Grass Knot
  • Idk how I feel about suicide lead exca + krookadile. Wouldn't suicide lead Krookadile + Scarf Excadrill be better? What is Krookadile crucial for?
  • Idk about Screech on Sash Dugtrio
  • Specs Seismetoad should have Hydro Pump.
Also isn't this just the sample team with Specs on Seismitoad, making Exca sui lead and replacing Hippo with Krookadile. The builds are pretty similar.

Pending.

Mega Latias Dragon
Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stored Power
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Steel]

Dragalge @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Scald

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost

Garchomp @ Dragonium Z
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Superpower
- Extreme Speed
  • Assault Vest Dragalge? Isn't the whole point toxic spikes?
  • Also Swords Dance > Stone Edge on offensive lead garchomp.
  • Use 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe on Mega Latias to minimize SR damage
It's a solid team but I prefer the earlier mega Latias submission.

Rejected.

Mega Gallade Psychic Hyper Offense!!!

Latias @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Healing Wish
- Psyshock
- Surf

Gallade @ Galladite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Victini @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike
- Trick

Wobbuffet (F) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 248 HP / 108 Def / 152 SpD
Calm Nature
- Counter
- Encore
- Destiny Bond
- Mirror Coat

Hoopa @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Magician
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Taunt
This is more suited for the RMT Forums than the sample project, with uncommon sets like OTR Hoopa and specs Latias.

Rejected.

Hyper Offensive Normal

Smeargle (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Spore
- Magic Coat

Diggersby (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Staraptor (M) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Brave Bird
- Final Gambit
- Quick Attack

Meloetta @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Bold Nature
- Transform

Lopunny-Mega (F) @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out
  • Nuzzle > Magic Coat on Smeargle
  • Close Combat and U-turn are mandatory on Staraptor, and Final Gambit is simply bad given that you can spam those RECOIL stabs very liberally in any given matchup.
  • Psyshock > Psychic on Specs Meloetta
Otherwise, I this team still lacks a strong wincondition such as Z-Conversion Porygon-Z and Band Staraptor is a worse wallbreaker than Band / LO Diggersby. The team lacks good offensive momentum with no pivots as well.

Rejected.

Offensive Normal

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Return

Heliolisk @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Grass Knot
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Conversion
- Discharge
- Recover

Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Double-Edge
- U-turn

Komala @ Focus Sash
Ability: Comatose
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- U-turn
- Sucker Punch
- Return
Rejected.

Hyper Offense Dragon choice spam

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head
- Shadow Claw

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail
- Fire Blast

Kommo-o @ Choice Specs
Ability: Soundproof
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Clanging Scales
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon

Goodra (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Gooey
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Blast

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
Rejected.
The following teams have been added to the OP:
The following teams are Approved, pending changes:
The following teams are Pending:

Last edited:

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
I'm going to make a few edits to the archived teams posted.
Approved Samples Archive

Mega Pinsir Hyper Offense Bug - GoldenTorkoal
Volcarona @ Firium Z
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Thunder
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Armaldo @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Mega Heracross Hyper Offense Bug - Alpha-Harpreet
Heracross @ Heracronite
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance
- Pin Missile
- Close Combat

Volcarona @ Firium Z
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Energy Ball

Armaldo @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Scizor @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Yanmega @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Ancient Power
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The bug teams that use Mega Pinsir and Mega Heracross are fine however they dont really have any Victini check so I would recommend a change of EVs to this 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 SpD with a careful nature. This allows the Armaldo to live 1 Choice Scarf V-Create after Stealth Rocks and either remove rocks with Rapid Spin or KO Victini with Stone Edge.
252 Atk Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 84 Def Armaldo: 225-265 (63.5 - 74.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Armaldo Stone Edge vs. -1 0 HP / 0- Def Victini: 438-516 (128.4 - 151.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Offensive Fairy - The Excadrill
Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 12 Atk / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Clefable @ Babiri Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Soft-Boiled

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Grassy Surge
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Azumarill @ Normalium Z
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Klefki @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play

Ok tyke idk why importing this is so difficult to do like Diancie never had 12 atk in my post, please change the spread to 16 HP / 240 SpA / 252+ Spe.

Offensive Fighting
- Haakunite
Gallade-Mega (M) @ Galladite
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Cobalion @ Leftovers
EVs: 188 HP / 68 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Swords Dance

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

I know back in ORAS when Mega Gardevoir was prevalent why those attack EVs on Cobalion were good but I dont really seem Mega Gardevoir around that much anymore. Maybe that will soon but I don't see a point to those EVs rn. I would recommend just 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252+ Spe.

Mega Charizard Y Offensive Fire
- smub
Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Defog

Ability: Lightningrod
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Swords Dance

Volcarona @ Firium Z
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz

Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn
- Rapid Spin

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

Mega Charizard X Hyper Offensive Fire
- smub
Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake

Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn

Volcarona @ Firium Z
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

Victini @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Strike
- V-create
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn

For the Mega Charizard Y Flying squad, idk how I feel about a Defogger that is 4x weak to Stealth Rock act as a defogger. That to me seems kind of like a waste anyway I would just use Roost Charizard Y over it because Torkool still is a fairly reliable spinner.

Balance Flying
- Izaya
Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Def / 32 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 184 SpD / 72 Spe
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Roost

Mantine @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Defog
- Roost

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 208 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Roost

This team is really solid I would just change the EVs of Zapdos to outspeed Suicune with Max Speed because Vincune is a huge threat. This way Zapdos can reliably Toxic Suicune. EVs 248 HP / 124 SpD / 136 Spe This puts Zapdos at 296 Speed. Its just really for Vincune and outspeed pokemon like Mamoswine.

Balance Grass
- Alpha-Harpreet
Venusaur-Mega (M) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Cradily (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Toxic
- Recover

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Stone Edge
- Horn Leech
- Superpower

Breloom (M) @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Rock Tomb
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed

Celebi @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earth Power

This team does not have a Z move which is fine in the case of some teams however it has a perfect candidate for a Z move in Nasty Plot Celebi. Groundium Z could be a cool tech for Grass to take care of pokemon such as Heatran and Alolan Muk.

Offensive Ground
- Alpha-Harpreet
Excadrill @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Seismitoad @ Assault Vest
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Knock Off

Landorus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Gravity
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Hasty Nature
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Sucker Punch
- Sludge Wave

Garchomp @ Dragonium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Fang

Ok so I see a few things that could be edited about this team.
1) Excadrill should be Adamant to maximize damage output and not throw that all away for 1 pokemon in Scarf Greninja.
2) Seismitoad's current EVs allow it to outspeed Adamant Choice Band Tapu Bulu which was fairly common early sm however now most have switched to scarf and even band tapu bulu's run jolly making this speed invest ok but semidated. I would suggest this new spread EVs: 156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 Spe this maximizes Seismitoad's special attack while still allowing Seimsitoad to outpace pokemon such as Mega Venusaur, Azumarill and Rotom-Wash. Also I would change Seismitoad's item to Choice Specs to make it an even better wallbreaker.
3) I think this was like a small bump you guys missed but what are 4 attack evs doing on Lando-I, it doesnt have any attacking moves. Imo move those 4 points into special defense.

Offensive Rock
- smub
Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Fire Punch
- Pursuit

Rhyperior @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Knock Off
- Encore

Nihilego @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot
- Thunderbolt

This team is fine but I would change Mega Diancie's EVs around a tiny bit. 16 HP / 240 SpA / 252+ Spe is used to allow Diancie to live Skarmory's Iron Head before it mega evolves and then the second turn it could ko Skarmory with HP Fire. Minor Minor tweak but might be worth changing.
I made a changes to a few teams that I think are worth changing. The rest of the teams were taken out so it is easier to navigate the changes I suggested. The changes are hidden in each types own hide box! n_n

Bisharp + Greninja Balance (MonoDark)

Note: I just wanted to say that I noticed after building and using this team for a bit that there's an existing dark sample team that's very similar to this. I wanted to let people know that this was entirely coincidental and I did NOT copy that team. I also used different sets, so the team isn't the same. Thank you.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 200 Atk / 56 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Snarl/Dark Pulse
- Will-O-Wisp

Greninja (M) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Extrasensory
- Ice Beam

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic
- Knock Off/Foul Play

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Atk / 56 Def / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Pursuit
- Shadow Sneak

Tyranitar @ Choice Band/Leftovers
EVs: 80 HP / 204 Atk / 200 SpD / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Bisharp was a no-brainer for my first choice. Although it's not as good in SM as it was in ORAS, it's my favorite dark type Pokemon, and provides as a solid utility and wallbreaking teammate. It's set is standard. Swords Dance is for boosting it's attack even higher than before, Knock Off is it's best STAB dark move (and is also a great utility move for removing items) Sucker Punch is for priority, and Iron Head is for secondary STAB coverage. It's running 252 speed and Jolly to ensure it's as fast as possible for outspeeding many other threats. It's running 56 Special Defense to ensure it'll survive a Moonblast from Diancie-Mega (without hazard damage), allowing it to retaliate with an OHKO from Iron Head; And, of course, the remaining 200 EVs are dumped into attack to improve it's general power.

Mandibuzz was one of my favorite Dark type Pokemon in ORAS as well, and it still is in SM. It's an amazing tank, sporting great HP and solid Defense and SpDefense. I originally added it in to act as a utilitarian Pokemon for removing hazards for Bisharp, but after some testing, I learned that Mandibuzz can tank just about any incoming hit. I also found a fascinating damage calculation while laddering:

252+ Atk Garchomp-Mega Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 76+ Def Mandibuzz: 144-169 (33.9 - 39.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

This set can take up to 3 Dragon Claws from a 252+ Atk Garchomp-Mega, who sports a monstrous 170 Attack. And Mandibuzz can switch into it and roost it away with ease. Even Outrage only does 50-59%! Obviously, it's ideal to still not switch into an attack like this unless necessary, but it's quite settling to know that Mandibuzz can very well potentially do it when needed.

So, in the end, Mandibuzz uses Roost, Defog, Toxic and Knock Off to act as a multi-purpose tank and utility Pokemon, assisting the team in all sorts of different ways.

Sableye-Mega is one of the best, if not the best, defensive mega out there right now. It has great Defense and Special Defense, and has a whole load of different moves to assist it in getting the job done. Without any modifiers, it serves as a great physical wall, sporting high Defense and Will-O-Wisp, which slices the target's Attack in half. Special Attackers coming in? Don't worry about it! Calm Mind boosts SpA and SpD, allowing it to take more hits and deal more damage at the same time. Snarl is the preferred attacking move. Even though it only has 55 BP, it lowers the target's SpA, making it even easier than before for Sableye to soak up hits and then Recover them away with no issue. Although, if you think that's not necessary and you're worried more about power, you can run Dark Pulse over Snarl. I've had countless occasions where people have forfeited because they couldn't figure out a way to take down the almighty Sableye-Mega after a couple of Calm Minds.

Muk-Alola is a staple to this team for several reasons. It's fantastic Defensive typing of Poison/Dark grants it only one weakness; Ground. For this reason, it takes Fighting and Fairy attacks neutrally, allowing the team to stand out more in the defensive sector of the game. With Assault Vest, it's SpDefense raises to 354, allowing it to take several special attacks and return the favor with a STAB Knock Off or Gunk Shot. Although Stone Edge is on the typical set, this team runs Tyranitar, which delivers much more pain in the Rock-type section, so Stone Edge isn't necessary. I run Shadow Sneak instead. Although it's not going to do a lot of damage to anything, it deals a fair amount, allowing it to kill off faster threats that are close to being KOd. Pursuit is also ran so it can switch into a better matchup, and catch the victim with some STAB damage on the way out if it switches.

Tyranitar is also a very important part of this team. Thanks to Sand Stream, Tyranitar is transformed into a monstrous special wall, with 429 SpAttack that can absorb an attack with ease and return with a powerful STAB attack. Stone Edge and Crunch are Tyranitar's best STAB moves, and Pursuit is run for the same reason that Muk runs it. Earthquake is used simply as coverage for Steel types that Stone Edge won't be doing much too. Although it is considered a wall, it's important to preserve Tyranitar as long as possible since it doesn't have any form of recovery in this set. Of course, if you'd like, you can switch out Choice Band for Leftovers for the small bit of passive recovery, but it's recommended that Choice Band is kept for more brute power.

And finally, the speed MVP of the team, Greninja. It's Specs set allows it to quickly take out opposing threats that are weak to one of Greninja's attacks, at a jiffy speed of 377. Although, since Greninja dies very easily, it's recommended that the opposing team is softened up first, and then Greninja is used as a late-game cleaner. Extrasensory and Ice Beam are used as coverage against the likes of Landorus and other opposing Dragon and Fighting types. Hydro Pump and Dark Pulse are simply used as more powerful coverage, Dark Pulse being mainly coverage and Hydro Pump being Greninja's most potent and sweep-potential move. Late-game cleaning with Specs Greninja can be tough, as if one of the remaining opponents resists the move your locked into, you won't be able to break past it. It's recommended that you clear out any water-resistant Pokemon beforehand, allowing Greninja to either seriously damage or completely clean up the rest of their team with Hydro Pump.

With the new games almost upon us, I wanted to give an update regarding the future of the sample teams project going into USUM:

The review of Sample Team submissions will be temporarily halted following the release of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

The reason for this should be pretty obvious. USUM is introducing a lot to the meta: new Z-Moves, Move Tutors (Defog and Sticky Web!), and even a few new Pokemon are all going to have a considerable impact on the tier and how (all) teams are built. For the next couple weeks (at least), the meta will be in a state of constant flux as we discover new threats and learn to adapt to them, and it's not immediately clear what will end up being "standard".

So I want to give the metagame time to adapt to these changes before I field any new submissions or attempt a formal update of the existing samples.

P.S. Added Lostallhopedreams's Mega Latias Dragon to the OP (with new edits)

Last edited:

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Screens Offensive Fire

Torkoal @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Rapid Spin
- Yawn
- Stealth Rock

Rotom-Heat @ Light Clay
Calm Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Defog
- Volt Switch

Blacephalon @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Trick

Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Taunt

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- U-turn

This is an offensive Fire team with dual screen support from Rotom-Heat which not only allows the team to sponge hits but also makes set up easier for sweeper like Mega Charizard X on the team.
Torkoal: Standard Utility set to provide stealth Rock and rapid spin support to the team. It is also the teams sun setter which allows powerful wallbreaker like Blacephalon hit more hard in the sun with sun boosted Fire Moves. Yawn allows Torkoal to force out opposing Pokemon which makes it easier to clear hazards off with rapid spin. Lava plume is used as an attacking move so that Torkoal is not totally taunt bait,it also has a nifty chance to burn and hence it discourages switch ins. Leftovers is used for longevity, drought rock is also an option to increase the duration of the sun.

Rotom-Heat : It provides screen support to help set up sweeper on the team. With USM Rotom-Heat can now use defog and hence the entire pressure is not on Torkoal anymore to clear the hazards away. Defog does not clears away screen from the players side so it certainly helps and volt switch is used to gain momentum and to bring in a teammate after setting dual screens. Light clay is used to increase the duration of screen turns.

Blacephalon : Choice specs Blacephalon is used as a wall breaker on the team which hits very hard right off the bat as it has a very good special attack which is further boosted by choice specs. It's decent speed allows it to clean slow teams as it can snowball teams once it gets a kill thanks to its ability beast boost. Fire blast and shadow ball have good coverage together. Hp ice is used for ground and dragon types like Landorus and Garchomp. Trick is used to cripple walls.

Mega Charizard X : The set up sweeper on the team. dragon dance allows it to turn into a fearsome sweeper. Dragon claw and Flare Bltiz hit hard since it is boosted by its ability tough claws. Lastly Earthquake allows it to take out Pokemon such as Toxapex and Heatran. Mega Charizard X appreciates the wall breaking power of Blacephalon to weaken teams and remove it's Checks/Counters.

Heatran: Offensive Trapper Heatran set. Magma storm allows heatran to trap and take out walls like toxapex,Chansey,Porygon2 etc so that teammates can have easier time vs opposing teams. Earthpower provides good coverage with magma storm allowing it to hit opposing heatran. Flash cannon is used for threatening rock types such as Mega Diancie and Tyranitar. Taunt allows it to cripple walls and deny recovery such as vs toxapex and Chansey.

Infernape : Infernape fills in the role of speed control and revenge killer on the team with a scarf set. Uturn allows it to keep up the momentum and to bring in a teammate safely on a predicted switch. Close combat and Flare Bltiz are it's stab moves the former of which allows to take on rock types such as Terrakion, Tyranitar etc while putting in work vs normal match up too. Earthquake is used to hit threatening Pokemon such as Nihilego and Mega diancie for Super effective damage.

Webs Offense Fairy Team

Ribombee @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shield Dust
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power Fire / Bug Buzz
- Stun Spore /Quiver Dance

Klefki @ Light Clay
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Spikes
- Foul Play

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Psychic

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
- U-turn

Azumarill @ Normalium Z
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Stone Edge / Zen Headbutt
- Superpower
- Horn Leech

Sticky Webs Offensive Fairy team:
Ribombee : Ribombee is the sticky web setter of the team and thanks to its good base 124 speed it can easily set sticky webs which allows teammates to outspeed opposing scarf users and have a good match up vs opposing offense teams. Its ability shield dust makes it immune to flinch from moves such as fake out and hence it can set up webs easily since it can't be flinch killed. Moonblast and Bug Buzz are it's stab moves and Stun spore is nice to have on the set since it allows it to cripple even ground types. Quiver Dance is an option over stun spore so that if given opportunities Ribombee can set a few Quiver dances and threaten the team.Hpire allows it to damage steel types such as Scizor which is a big threat otherwise.Focus sash is used to ensure Ribombee gets sticky webs up.

Klefki: Klefki on the team provides dual screens support which not only allows the team to sponge hits but it also helps a set up sweeper like azumarill to easily set up belly drum and win. Spikes support from klefki enables teammates to score easier KOs and allows to punish switch ins. Foul play is used to stop opposing set up sweepers such as Mega Scizor and Gyarados. Light clay is used as an item to increase the duration of reflect and light screen. Little speed investment allows it to outspeed Marowak alola,golem and uninvested speed scizor enabling it to use foul play first.

Mega Diancie :It's Mixed attacking set make Mega diancie a very good mixed wall breaker for the team able to break cores easily such as poison core (Psychic + Diamond storm) with its physical and special moves. It is also the stealth Rock user of the team to support the team and make match ups such as flying very easy. It has good speed at base 110 which is further complemented by sticky web support.

Tapu Koko: The hazard stacking on the team combined with tapu Koko's ability to force switches make it a great teammate to the team as it not only acts as a good wallbreaker thanks to electric terrain boosted attacks but it also acts as a revenge killer due to its good base 130 speed which can be further complimented with webs support. The set on the teams is an Offensive pivot set. Uturn is used so that tapu Koko can pivot even vs electric immune Pokemon such as ground types. Hp ice has good coverage in tandem with thunderbolt forming pseudo bolt beam. Taunt allows it to stop opposing walls from using status moves such as vs chansey. Magnet is used as an item to boost its electric moves further.

Azumarill : Dual screen support and Belly Drum combined with a priority in aqua jet turns azumarill into a very threatening Pokemon to face that can sweep teams easily with the right support. Azumarill helps in steel match up as once the opposing team is weakened it can set belly drum and sweep thanks to coverage in knock off that takes out walls such as ferrothorn and Celesteela. Normalium z is used so that azumarill can set up belly drum with ease since it heals it first to full health.

Tapu Bulu: Tapu Bulu is a Great physical wall breaker on the team that takes on ground and rock types alleviating pressure off Teammates such as tapu Koko and azumarill. With choice scarf it acts as a speed control for the team and with grassy terrain boosted attacks it is very difficult to switch into tapu bulu. Woodhammer is the main move on the set that deals massive damage. Superpower is used for steel types such as heatran and ferrothorn. Stone edge allows it to take on fire and flying types such as Victini,Charizard Y and Zapdos. Horn leech Is a safer move allowing tapu Bulu to heal itself and making it harder to take out since it has decent bulk. Zen Headbutt is an option over stone edge to help vs poison match up since it can deal super effective damage to toxapex and Mega Venusaur.

Edit : Implemented Changes.

Last edited:
Screens Offensive Fire

Torkoal @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Rapid Spin
- Yawn
- Stealth Rock

Rotom-Heat @ Light Clay
Calm Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Defog
- Volt Switch

Blacephalon @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Trick

Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Taunt

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- U-turn

This is an offensive Fire team with dual screen support from Rotom-Heat which not only allows the team to sponge hits but also makes set up easier for sweeper like Mega Charizard X on the team.
Torkoal: Standard Utility set to provide stealth Rock and rapid spin support to the team. It is also the teams sun setter which allows powerful wallbreaker like Blacephalon hit more hard in the sun with sun boosted Fire Moves. Yawn allows Torkoal to force out opposing Pokemon which makes it easier to clear hazards off with rapid spin. Lava plume is used as an attacking move so that Torkoal is not totally taunt bait,it also has a nifty chance to burn and hence it discourages switch ins. Leftovers is used for longevity, drought rock is also an option to increase the duration of the sun.

Rotom-Heat : It provides screen support to help set up sweeper on the team. With USM Rotom-Heat can now use defog and hence the entire pressure is not on Torkoal anymore to clear the hazards away. Defog does not clears away screen from the players side so it certainly helps and volt switch is used to gain momentum and to bring in a teammate after setting dual screens. Light clay is used to increase the duration of screen turns.

Blacephalon : Choice specs Blacephalon is used as a wall breaker on the team which hits very hard right off the bat as it has a very good special attack which is further boosted by choice specs. It's decent speed allows it to clean slow teams as it can snowball teams once it gets a kill thanks to its ability beast boost. Fire blast and shadow ball have good coverage together. Hp ice is used for ground and dragon types like Landorus and Garchomp. Trick is used to cripple walls.

Mega Charizard X : The set up sweeper on the team. dragon dance allows it to turn into a fearsome sweeper. Dragon claw and Flare Bltiz hit hard since it is boosted by its ability tough claws. Lastly Earthquake allows it to take out Pokemon such as Toxapex and Heatran. Mega Charizard X appreciates the wall breaking power of Blacephalon to weaken teams and remove it's Checks/Counters.

Heatran: Offensive Trapper Heatran set. Magma storm allows heatran to trap and take out walls like toxapex,Chansey,Porygon2 etc so that teammates can have easier time vs opposing teams. Earthpower provides good coverage with magma storm allowing it to hit opposing heatran. Flash cannon is used for threatening rock types such as Mega Diancie and Tyranitar. Taunt allows it to cripple walls and deny recovery such as vs toxapex and Chansey.

Infernape : Infernape fills in the role of speed control and revenge killer on the team with a scarf set. Uturn allows it to keep up the momentum and to bring in a teammate safely on a predicted switch. Close combat and Flare Bltiz are it's stab moves the former of which allows to take on rock types such as Terrakion, Tyranitar etc while putting in work vs normal match up too. Earthquake is used to hit threatening Pokemon such as Nihilego and Mega diancie for Super effective damage.

Webs Offense Fairy Team

Ribombee @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shield Dust
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Moonblast
- Bug Buzz
- Stun Spore

Klefki @ Light Clay
Impish Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Spikes
- Foul Play

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Psychic

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
- U-turn

Azumarill @ Normalium Z
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Horn Leech

Sticky Webs Offensive Fairy team:
Ribombee : Ribombee is the sticky web setter of the team and thanks to its good base 124 speed it can easily set sticky webs which allows teammates to outspeed opposing scarf users and have a good match up vs opposing offense teams. Its ability shield dust makes it immune to flinch from moves such as fake out and hence it can set up webs easily since it can't be flinch killed. Moonblast and Bug Buzz are it's stab moves and Stun spore is nice to have on the set since it allows it to cripple even ground types. Focus sash is used to ensure Ribombee gets sticky webs up.

Klefki: Klefki on the team provides dual screens support which not only allows the team to sponge hits but it also helps a set up sweeper like azumarill to easily set up belly drum and win. Spikes support from klefki enables teammates to score easier KOs and allows to punish switch ins. Foul play is used to stop opposing set up sweepers such as Mega Scizor and Gyarados. Light clay is used as an item to increase the duration of reflect and light screen.

Mega Diancie :It's Mixed attacking set make Mega diancie a very good mixed wall breaker for the team able to break cores easily such as poison core (Psychic + Diamond storm) with its physical and special moves. It is also the stealth Rock user of the team to support the team and make match ups such as flying very easy. It has good speed at base 110 which is further complemented by sticky web support.

Tapu Koko: The hazard stacking on the team combined with tapu Koko's ability to force switches make it a great teammate to the team as it not only acts as a good wallbreaker thanks to electric terrain boosted attacks but it also acts as a revenge killer due to its good base 130 speed which can be further complimented with webs support. The set on the teams is an Offensive pivot set. Uturn is used so that tapu Koko can pivot even vs electric immune Pokemon such as ground types. Hp ice has good coverage in tandem with thunderbolt forming pseudo bolt beam. Taunt allows it to stop opposing walls from using status moves such as vs chansey. Magnet is used as an item to boost its electric moves further.

Azumarill : Dual screen support and Belly Drum combined with a priority in aqua jet turns azumarill into a very threatening Pokemon to face that can sweep teams easily with the right support. Azumarill helps in steel match up as once the opposing team is weakened it can set belly drum and sweep thanks to coverage in knock off that takes out walls such as ferrothorn and Celesteela. Normalium z is used so that azumarill can set up belly drum with ease since it heals it first to full health.

Tapu Bulu: Tapu Bulu is a Great physical wall breaker on the team that takes on ground and rock types alleviating pressure off Teammates such as tapu Koko and azumarill. With choice band and grassy terrain boosted attacks it is very difficult to switch into tapu bulu. Woodhammer is the main move on the set that deals massive damage. Superpower is used for steel types such as heatran and ferrothorn. Stone edge allows it to take on fire and flying types such as Victini,Charizard Y and Zapdos. Horn leech Is a safer move allowing tapu Bulu to heal itself and making it harder to take out since it has decent bulk.
A couple changes to fairy team:

1. Bug buzz doesn’t hit anything relevent. Imo bug buzz -> hidden power fire, so scizor cannot setup in your face, as well as being a decent scizor check with a focus sash. Offensive scizor takes 75-89 and two hit koing even the most spdef based of scizors.

2. Stone edge slashed with zen headbutt, as zen two hit koes mega venusaur with the band, easing the poison matchup. Mega diancie and koko are enough coverage for flying types, and wood hammer is hitting anything off the ground for a ton of damage with wood hammer anyway. Unless your name is skarm.

3. 16 speed evs on klefki to outspeed and be able to foul play marowak/alolan golem as well as outspeed non speed invested scizor, so as to screen up before it bullet punches you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)