EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roost

Teambuilding Process
gardevoir-m.png

Obviously, I added Gardevoir-Mega. This is a very typical set and doesn't require much explaining. Psyshock for Chansey, Hyper Voice for the Pixilate boosted Fairy type move, Focus Blast for Rock and Steel types, and WoW for crippling physical attackers.
gardevoir-m.png
shuckle.png
bisharp.png

I added Shuckle and Bisharp. Shuckle provides hazard support, and as Gardevoir-M's speed is not high, having Sticky Web support is amazing for it to spam Hyper Voice. Bisharp is there for the Defiant, as Sticky Webs are annoying on most team archtypes, and Defog raises Bisharp's Attack sharply. Stealth Rock support is also crucial for Bisharp and Gardevoir to pick up some important KOs.

gardevoir-m.png
shuckle.png
bisharp.png
gliscor.png
greninja.png

Gliscor was added as a defensive backbone to Hawlucha, as well as a Defogger and being able to spread Toxic. It also helps with a Ground immunity, which both Bisharp and Gardevoir has a little trouble with. Scarf Greninja provides momentum and lets other teammates get in to check threats. It's also good at revenge killing Volcarona at +2, and non-Max Speed Electric Seed Hawlucha.

gardevoir-m.png
shuckle.png
bisharp.png
gliscor.png
greninja.png
magearna.png

At this time, I had no Specially Defensive backbones on my time. Magearna was my choice, as it provides Volt Switch, as well as being able to check opposing Greninja, Gardevoir-M, Tapu Lele, Diancie-M and Keldeo. Magearna now forms a VoltTurn core with Greninja, and provides the team with a lot of momentum.

gardevoir-m.png
752.png
bisharp.png
gliscor.png
greninja.png
magearna.png

After testing the team, I found that Shuckle was an absolute deadweight to the team. It's slow, gets encored easily, and does absolutely no damage to anything. I found another Sticky Web user which was more reliable, and helped me check non-Supersonic Skystrike Gyarados. This is Araquanid, which does massive amounts of damage with Liquidation and Leech Life, as well as setting up Sticky Web and able to live a lot of hits due to its natural bulk. At this time, I changed Toxic to Stealth Rock on Gliscor as Stealth Rock was essential on this team. And this is the final product of it, although I still find it pretty frustrating against some certain Pokemon.

Threatlist
Gyarados: Gyarados absolutely destroys my team after a Dragon Dance, especially Supersonic Skystrike forms. Araquanid is the only reliable switch in to Mega Gyarados and able to Leech Life and potentially beat it 1v1, but it requires some mind games.

Mega-Pinsir: The only switch-in is Gliscor, and Gliscor is 2HKOed by Frustration, which means I have to sack something in order to check it, furthermore, since I gave up Toxic on Gliscor, it cannot check Pinsir in return. The only other way is by getting in Greninja and Rock Sliding it.

Fat Defensive Cores: I have no reliable way of beating very solid defensive cores. Tangrowth and Toxapex are both threatened by Bisharp, but Tangrowth can Earthquake and Toxapex can burn it with Scald. Slowbro-M/Slowking and Ferrothorn requires a lot of mind games to beat, and it really requires a lot of hax to actually really break through these cores.

Thanks for reading this!!! I'm still a really new teambuilder, and I really would like to improve this team!

P.S. I try to build this team without having to use Pokémon which take a lot of time to hunt, so it would be appreciated if the Pokémon suggested could be easily found. I would still appreciate Showdown teams, as I really would like to get into USM teambuilding too :)

This is exactly the team I'm looking for!
My thoughts:
Change Glisor to Scarf Garchomp
Change Greninja's Scarf to Fightinium-Z&Low Kick (252 Atk Protean Greninja All-Out Pummeling (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 560-660 (79.6 - 93.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO)
Change Araquanid's Plate to Sash (To use web and check rockers better, also forming a combo with Leech Life)
Change Magerna's AV to Shuca Berry (Optional, to check Gyarados, beating Lando, Garchomp, Zygard at the same time)
Change Bisharp's Sucker Punch to Thunder Wave (To deal with Hawlucha, maybe a little amazing...)

Last edited:
This is exactly the team I'm looking for!
My thoughts:
Change Glisor to Scarf Garchomp
Change Greninja's Scarf to Fightinium-Z&Low Kick (252 Atk Protean Greninja All-Out Pummeling (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 560-660 (79.6 - 93.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO)
Change Araquanid's Plate to Sash (To use web and check rockers better, also forming a combo with Leech Life)
Change Magerna's AV to Shuca Berry (Optional, to check Gyarados, beating Lando, Garchomp, Zygard at the same time)
Change Bisharp's Sucker Punch to Thunder Wave (To deal with Hawlucha, maybe a little amazing...)
Thanks for rating my team!!! But I wanted to point out that Volcarona now eats through my team easily without the Scarf Gren, as it outspeeds +2 Modest Volcarona...
Also isn't Sucker Punch one of the selling points of Bisharp?

Thanks for rating my team!!! But I wanted to point out that Volcarona now eats through my team easily without the Scarf Gren, as it outspeeds +2 Modest Volcarona...
Also isn't Sucker Punch one of the selling points of Bisharp?
You can try Sdef Glisor with Stone Edge, otherwise Greninja will have too much pressure. And recall that you have sticky web.(I think there're not many Modest Vols)
I prefer Scarf Garchomp because it can outspeed most sweepers (Most Dancers have 100 Spd or less) and can effectively beat them(Stone Edge for volcarona, outrage for dragons and others) except Kartana, which can be limited by Web. It has greater bulk at the same time, which gives it better viability and enables it to switch on to some mons.
I want to point out that Glisor with this set can't deal with Hawlucha properly, because Hawluchas will SD and you can't prevent it.
About Bisharp's Thunder Wave... I admit it is somewhat absurd to replace Sucker Punch with it, but the team won't be able to check Hawlucha otherwise. TW can deal with things like Volcarona when your scarfer is unable to perform. Since you have Web, Bisharp can outspeed many mons (129<70*1.5<130) and in many cases Sucker Punch is not much needed(but it is still valuable, I should admit). I don't want to change the mons so I change the move. Also, Bisharp in this team works as a breaker, so I won't change SD and STABs. This is the best choice I have figured out, and there may be better choices of course.

However, my version still has many problems...

Last edited:
Assualt Vest -> Electrium Z Shift Gear
You could try changing the Magearna set to Shift Gear with Electrium Z, your Z slot isn't currently taken and Webs tends to be a more offensive play style anyway. With one Shift Gear and Webs to negate anything that could outspeed you with Scarf, you have a great cleaner that can snowball and greatly help you out with your Gyarados, Pinsir and fat defensive problem, while still being an offensive threat to the mons you listed for AV after a boost. I'd recommend Flash Cannon/Iron Head, Thunderbolt and Ice Beam.

Gliscor ->
Clefable

I understand the thinking with Gliscor, but i think Clefable suits the role you want to fulfill more, having a Defogger isn't hugely necessary, seeing as you rely much more on your hazards than most of your opponents will, they will most likely defog for you given the chance. Toxic Spikes will be annoying to Gardevior, but between Electrium Z Magearna and Gardevior herself Toxapex is heavily threatened. Like Gliscor, Clefable checks Hawlucha, can absorb status, set rocks and with Calm Mind and Moonblast isn't as passive either. Its also a reasonably bulky Pokémon naturally, with good all round defenses, particularly at +1. This also makes up for the missing Fairy STAB on Magearna. Between Araquanid and Ice Beam Ninja/Mag you can play around ground types,

I would also definitely Focus Sash Araquanid.
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off / Calm Mind

Magearna @ Electrium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon / Iron Head /Focus Blast

This is just my opinion, but I hope it was helpful!

Assualt Vest -> Electrium Z Shift Gear
You could try changing the Magearna set to Shift Gear with Electrium Z, your Z slot isn't currently taken and Webs tends to be a more offensive play style anyway. With one Shift Gear and Webs to negate anything that could outspeed you with Scarf, you have a great cleaner that can snowball and greatly help you out with your Gyarados, Pinsir and fat defensive problem, while still being an offensive threat to the mons you listed for AV after a boost. I'd recommend Flash Cannon/Iron Head, Thunderbolt and Ice Beam.

Gliscor ->
Clefable

I understand the thinking with Gliscor, but i think Clefable suits the role you want to fulfill more, having a Defogger isn't hugely necessary, seeing as you rely much more on your hazards than most of your opponents will, they will most likely defog for you given the chance. Toxic Spikes will be annoying to Gardevior, but between Electrium Z Magearna and Gardevior herself Toxapex is heavily threatened. Like Gliscor, Clefable checks Hawlucha, can absorb status, set rocks and with Calm Mind and Moonblast isn't as passive either. Its also a reasonably bulky Pokémon naturally, with good all round defenses, particularly at +1. This also makes up for the missing Fairy STAB on Magearna. Between Araquanid and Ice Beam Ninja/Mag you can play around ground types,

I would also definitely Focus Sash Araquanid.
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off / Calm Mind

Magearna @ Electrium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon / Iron Head /Focus Blast

This is just my opinion, but I hope it was helpful!
Thanks a lot for the suggestions! I will certainly try the changes out!

Hey there, really cool looking team you have there! Now, there are some additional mons you might want to consider covering:

Charizard-X: Looking at your team, your answers for Charizard-X are basically not existant. Nothing really stops Charizard-X from clicking Flare Blitz or Dragon Claw in some scenarios.

Greninja: Greninja, especially an opposing Scarf Greninja, can be an extreme nuisance to your team. It can U-Turn all the time and chip your Magearna down, more so with hazards.

To improve those match-ups I have thought of a couple of changes to your team:

Landorus-T > Gliscor: Landorus-T helps your Charizard-X match-up improve massively and can, like Gliscor, work as a rocker as well as a defogger if need be. The set I've thought of might seem a bit unorthodox, but it helps vs Hawlucha. Try Defensive Flyinium Z, I think it fits the niche you need.

Substitute > Will-o-Wisp on Gardevoir: If you really struggle with stall and defensive match-ups as you say, why not try Substitute? I feel like you don't do much with Wisp on your Gardevoir and Sub can help vs Toxapex and Skarm on stalls well as being a suprise move in some cases.

Hope my advice was somewhat helpful and I hope to see you soon :P

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)