Tournament The OM Auth vs non-Auth Tournament

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Introduction
Hello, and welcome to the first edition of the OM Auth vs Non Auth Tournament! This is a tournament where the auth in the OM Room on Pokemon Showdown play against those of no authority.

For those wondering, Driver and above (%, @, #) is classified as authority. I've also opted to include the player rank (✩) as well, both this and last month's because the start of the tournament was delayed and I didn't want to cut anybody. You can read the rules below for all the details, but this is basically a free-challenge tournament where regulars get one life to eliminate as many auth as they can before they lose.

Basics:
  • All of the Auth are listed below under an OM of their choosing
  • All non-Auth must sign up in this thread before challenging an Auth (just post in and edit it when you lose) to make sure that nobody keeps playing after they've been eliminated
  • You don't need to sign up for a specific metagame, challenge anyone to any allowed meta until you lose
  • You may not challenge Auth to a metagame which they did not sign up for. If all Auth in your preferred metagame have been eliminated, why not give a different OM a shot?
  • For this tournament, all match-ups will be Best of 1, except for 1v1 which will be Best of 3
  • All games will be in the standard formats for the respective OMs of each Auth
  • Auth have 2 lives, non-Auth have just one
  • POST REPLAYS, this is friendly and there's nothing to hide
  • This tour is fairly lowkey, if you couldn't tell just by the number of auth. Avoid shittalking or bad sportsmanship or you will be disqualified
  • The win condition for non-Auth is to eliminate all Auth. The win condition for Auth is to last three days after all non-Auth have been eliminated and no more sign up. This may change slightly, but the point is if interest runs out and the Auth are still standing, Auth win
  • Auth cannot constantly reject challengers. Any Auth selected for this tournament will have to be active, but if you feel an Auth is refusing too many games unreasonably, just let me know
  • Good luck and have fun!
1v1
DEG
The Immortal

Mix and Mega
OM room (1)
Ransei
Chazm

AAA
Laxpras
Jrdn

AG
Chloe
Megazard

Balanced Hackmons
E4 Flint

Stabmons
EV (2)
Official Fissure (1)

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In
Why isnt voice considered auth and / or why isnt this a staff tour instead of auth?
Voice just adds a lot more people and tend to not be included in these anyway, I didn't see the need to extend so much
in, I was not going to sign up but then I thought who's going to beat JRDN and LAX so I thought I should step up ;I

-Also I think the auth should have like 3 lives or something

-How many bodies will Isotonex claim... my bet is all of them
Sorry, this was an important omission. I decided that, because the number of auth is fairly low and even less people responded, auth would get two lives to pad this out mildly better. That wasn't in the OP because I just copied the submission and am bad. It is now though, so just to be clear auth have 2 shots before they're eliminated. Jrdn Official Fissure I think this especially helps you two.

Also @ some of the people signing up for specific metas, you don't have to. All you need to do is confirm that you're playing so auth don't feel the need to accept every random challenge they get only to find out that the person wasn't in this tour

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Introduction
Hello, and welcome to the first edition of the OM Auth vs Non Auth Tournament! This is a tournament where the auth in the OM Room on Pokemon Showdown play against those of no authority.

For those wondering, Driver and above (%, @, #) is classified as authority. I've also opted to include the player rank (✩) as well, both this and last month's because the start of the tournament was delayed and I didn't want to cut anybody. You can read the rules below for all the details, but this is basically a free-challenge tournament where regulars get one life to eliminate as many auth as they can before they lose.

Basics:

• All of the Auth are listed below under an OM of their choosing
  • All non-Auth must sign up in this thread before challenging an Auth (just post in and edit it when you lose) to make sure that nobody keeps playing after they've been eliminated
  • You don't need to sign up for a specific metagame, challenge anyone to any allowed meta until you lose
  • You may not challenge Auth to a metagame which they did not sign up for. If all Auth in your preferred metagame have been eliminated, why not give a different OM a shot?
  • For this tournament, all match-ups will be Best of 1, except for 1v1 which will be Best of 3
  • All games will be in the standard formats for the respective OMs of each Auth
  • Auth have 2 lives, non-Auth have just one
  • POST REPLAYS, this is friendly and there's nothing to hide
  • This tour is fairly lowkey, if you couldn't tell just by the number of auth. Avoid shittalking or bad sportsmanship or you will be disqualified
  • The win condition for non-Auth is to eliminate all Auth. The win condition for Auth is to last three days after all non-Auth have been eliminated and no more sign up. This may change slightly, but the point is if interest runs out and the Auth are still standing, Auth win
  • Auth cannot constantly reject challengers. Any Auth selected for this tournament will have to be active, but if you feel an Auth is refusing too many games unreasonably, just let me know
  • Good luck and have fun!
1v1
DEG (2)
The Immortal(2)

Mix and Mega
OM room (2)
Ransei (2)
Chazm (2)

AAA
Laxpras (2)
Jrdn] (1)

AG
Chloe (2)
Megazard (2)

Balanced Hackmons
E4 Flint (2)

Stabmons
]EV (2)
Official Fissure (1)
gl hf

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)