Tournament The Balanced Hackmons Open [FINALS] - Won by Willdbeast

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion

Welcome to the Balanced Hackmons Open!​

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • OM Grand Slam III information can be found here.
  • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the Balanced Hackmons ladder of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown, and can be found here.
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • If metagame changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles must take place on Pokemon Showdown!.
  • Replays must be posted alongside the result (edit it out if you want to keep it private).
  • Do not make baseless activity posts; get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.

Finals

Deadline: ASAP

Quantum Tesseract vs. Willdbeast

Thank you to h_n_g_m_n for contributing the artwork for this tournament!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ren

i swore lips were made for lies
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Quantum Tesseract (60) vs willdbeast (40)

While both are equally skilled, Quantum beat Hassin last round (and it would've been 2-0 if he hadn't choked g1) and it's not hard to see why. While Hassin looks like a good player by all means, he's been taking teams from willdbeast and all of Will's teams that he's revealed so far share a very exploitable weakness amongst them which Quantum took immediate advantage of last round. Based on this alone, it gives Quantum an incredible advantage. However, I believe Will still has a reasonable chance because he's had the opportunity to analyze the weakness his teams have based off of last round, where all of Quantum's replays show off the weakness his teams have - I believe Will is going to fix this weakness for the final round, but I don't think that he'll be able to do so in a way that doesn't leave him open to other things as taking into account one large weakness in multiple teams and incorporating them into your future building generally takes a while. On top of the advantage of hindsight, Will also knows his teams better as he made them himself, which should boost his chances a bit. In the end, I believe Quantum's going to pull through, but this should be a bunch of interesting games to watch.

Oh, I also can't root against a Mega Ray.

People I'd like to thank:
A huge shoutout to fsk who made the cores I brought to the open, they definitely worked out.
Thanks Hassin627 for being an excellent test bed for my teams for earlier rounds and props to him for getting so far despite not being a BH player, goes to show his versatility as a player. I've known this guy for way too long but he's always a hilarious guy to prep with.
Thanks to aki0s and @ whatever SL42 (sorry guy called whatever who I accidentally tagged :/) is called now for looking at some teams for me and GL Volkner for not being a traitor after all.

Thanks to all the BH and wider OM community (who I cant tag because I can only do 5), you make it a really fun place to be especially you of the OM Discord. You know who you are >.>

Thanks also to The Immortal for unlocking this thread for me to post.

pazza

Banned deucer.
People I'd like to thank:
A huge shoutout to fsk who made the cores I brought to the open, they definitely worked out.
Thanks Hassin627 for being an excellent test bed for my teams for earlier rounds and props to him for getting so far despite not being a BH player, goes to show his versatility as a player. I've known this guy for way too long but he's always a hilarious guy to prep with.
Thanks to aki0s and @ whatever SL42 (sorry guy called whatever who I accidentally tagged :/) is called now for looking at some teams for me and GL Volkner for not being a traitor after all.

Thanks to all the BH and wider OM community (who I cant tag because I can only do 5), you make it a really fun place to be especially you of the OM Discord. You know who you are >.>

Thanks also to The Immortal for unlocking this thread for me to post.
Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request)
also wtf, where is my shoutout >>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)