Signups MPL IV Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banner soon tm

We're tentatively planning to hold the player auction in mid to late May, and if we assume there will be 8 teams (not set in stone yet), the tournament will have 7 weeks of round robin and 2 weeks of playoffs. That places the end of the tournament sometime in late July or early August. All teams must have at least one manager available from early May through early August. If you know you won't have access to internet at any point during that time, make sure your assistant manager (assman) will be available to pick up the slack. If both you and your assman plan on going on an extended vacation at the same time, just don't sign up.

If you want to manage a team in MPL4, make a post below including the name of your assman to apply. Managers will be decided by the tournament host(s), who will be Dirpz and Omega for the time being. Former managers will be given priority, although we may decide to deny a former manager on account of activity if necessary. Team names will be decided at a later date, but feel free to include your desired team name if you want. We'll leave signups open for ~2 weeks.

Manager:
Assistant Manager:
Team Name:
List of Accomplishments:
Why would you make a Good Manager?:

Larry

formerly Leru
is a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Manager: Leru
Assistant Manager: Eien
Team Name: Saffron Sabers
List of Accomplishments: 6-1 mpl, 9-0 mwp and my assman is the tier leader.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: I won this tournament last year. I also have prior managing experience with the smogon snake draft

ima

Take me to your leader
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion

Manager: ima (pcm)
Assistant Manager: Ridley.
Team Name: Wakandan Wartortles
List of Accomplishments: Ridley and I made finals of MWP, he managed our team. made playoffs of mlt during my return, playoffs of exhibition, and constantly build for the monotype community and help others out. Ridley won mpl 1 and got 2nd place in mpl 2!
Why would you make a Good Manager?: I have been involved in every mpl tournament but the first one, playoffs of exhibition, ive made finals of mwp and being a manager now would give me so much experience for the future. Ridley has managed before and has more experience in the mono tournament scene and we'd love to manage. i help build a lot and help in general for my monotype friends and id love to do it with a team

(MORE TO COME LATER SINCE RIDLEY IS AFK)

Last edited:

Moosical

big yikes
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Manager: Moosical (torkool)
Assistant Manager: Tyke
Team Name: tbd
List of Accomplishments: I managed the winning team of MWP, having not lost a single week + we're 2 ROs of monotype
Why would you make a Good Manager?: Very involved in the metagame, plan on helping out team members a ton as I/we did in previous tours

Last edited:
Me and my assman Wincon would like to manage the Psychotic psyducks this year

Why I would make a good manager: Im friends with a large majority of the community and can use that as a way to build a team with good morale. While i haven´t been playing in big tournaments this long, I have been lurking the threads since early 2017 and also did my research on MPL 1 and MPL 2, and would know how to draft a team with good chemistry. Am also an active chat presence and am helpful in as many tiers as possible (Can get my managers from any PL i was in to vouch for me). Also polished up my old gens so I am able to help in every tier across the board. I also know the mono community extremely well and will know who the steals are, and who will be overpriced.

Why wincon would be a good manager: Has a plethora of monotype related tournament wins and will be able to help all of our usum slots. Has also been around in mono since oras so he will be able to help with that too. Is active on both forums and discord, and will be ready for any tournament related updates as well as to help whoever needs help on our squad. Also knows the monotype community nearly as well as i do and will be able to assist me in putting together a squad that is as optimized as possible

Brief list of accomplishments

Me: Went to playoffs of MWPL and Smogon Exhibition, also got drafted into oupl and ompl. Made it into the playoff side of MLT.

Wincon: Won multiple mono individual tours (Mono generations, MLT), made it to playoffs of MWPL with a 6-2 record, Won Smogon Exhibition as a part of the Untier University with a 9-0 record, Went 3-2 in Monotype BLT as a part of the Hoppin' hoppips And made it to grand finals of the most recent monotype seasonals playoffs

Also since this is our first managers signup we wanted to do it right wincon got some team art made! :swole:

Manager: Sabella
Assistant Manager: DBW
Team Name: Greedy Greninjas
List of Accomplishments: Sabella has won everything. I have won a few roomtours :blobwizard:
Why would you make a Good Manager?: I have been around the community for a while now and with the help of Sabella we can stack together a god squad. The only draft tour I have been apart of I managed to get to finals in OMPL and most of my help was backstage anyway.

Last edited:
Manager: Zukushiku
Assistant Manager: Ticken
Team Name: Littleroot Lotads
List of Accomplishments: I have participated in multiple PLs, including the past two MPLs, and various other team tournaments, all of which were led by great leaders. In order of most recent, I finished 2nd place in SPL 9, won Smogon Exhibition as a part of the Untier University, got second place last MPL with Littleroot Lotads with Ticken as the assistant manager and my personal record of 9-1 in BW Monotype.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: Both Ticken and I have been apart of the Monotype community since BW, late 2012, and have been fairly active in recent years to some degree depending on irl situations. In no particular order, some advantages we have as teammates include: First-hand metagame experience, PL pressure and exposure in both MPL and other tier PLs, and a fairly friendly environment.

It is almost the same logo as last year. To notice the difference, look at the leaves ;)​

Last edited:
Manager: Starblim
Assistant Manager: iLlama
Team Name: Pudding Pop Pupitars
Reason we'd be good managers: Llama and I have both managed a BLT team which gives us some managerial experience.
List of Accomplishment: I have been a part of the community for 3 years now and participated in the last 2 years of PSPL while llama has been drafted for MPL,MWP and has made it to Seasonal Playoffs.

Possible Banner:
Screenshot_2018-05-08-09-00-42-1.png

Shoutouts to dhaarma

Last edited:
Manager: Arifeen
Assistant Manager: Quantum Tesseract
Team Name: Rerolling Rulers
List of Accomplishments: I managed BLT and 1v1 PL, Arifeen has been an active participant and manager in past MPLs and has been in and managed all sorts of team tours around smogon
Why would you make a Good Manager?: we’re both active and familiar with the community, especially the critical fgo player demographic where we can balance out leru and eien, and are experienced managing teams for team tours.

lax

cloutimus maximus
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 10th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RBTT Champion
Manager: fax
Assistant Manager: meeps (cb jose altuve corvettes)
Team Name: New Delhi Nigganadels
List of Accomplishments:
Why would you make a Good Manager?:

banner drawn by trash, cost 40 bucks so i'm really satisfied with how it turned out

zugubu royale

Banned deucer.
Manager: zugubu royale
Assistant Manager: Jase Duken
Team Name: TERRIBLE TROUBLEMAKER طماطم

List of Accomplishments: Semis of MLT, I do pretty well in the regular mono ssnls and started playing monothread more profoundly, all thanks to lax who highlights me almost every day on discord which helps me fuel my ego , [20:43:53] +Jase duken: Won mpl3, was in mwp and won 3 man tour for mono and in upl currently; adds my comrade
Why would you make a Good Manager?: We plan to help prevent any laxative-induced shitstorms that have come from previous tournaments and to make this the best MPL yet!

Manager: Mr. CC
Assistant Manager: Blind Messiah (Don't worry he can see!)
Team Name: Kinky Kenyan Kingdras (KKK)
List of Accomplishments: Won the first MPL #AmbitousAltarias, Only man to 50-0 the ladder, definitely created Ebola water, I won a room tour on frost once #Alliancecup, one of Showdown's living legends, Certified meme lord, Once killed a man (he used to say all falls down), turns out I have the ability to absorb peoples' power after I kill them, Killed another man, Became perfect CC, then exploded and became more perfect CC, I've been told I have a tight ass.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: Won the first MPL #AmbitousAltarias, Only man to 50-0 the ladder, definitely created Ebola water, I won a room tour on frost once #Alliancecup, one of Showdown's living legends, Certified meme lord, Once killed a man (he used to say all falls down), turn out I have the ability to absorb peoples' power after I kill them, Killed another man, Became perfect CC, then exploded and became more perfect CC, I've been told I have a tight ass.
P.S if you're not totally convinced... just click ok ;)
P.S.S Venmo me $5 for a surprise
P.S.S.S If I was deciding I would pick me!!
P.S.S.S.S Totally forfeit during finals of first MPL despite being undefeated, but that only proves how fair I would be as a manager. The other team needed a fair chance!

KK.png

Last edited:
Manager: Mr. CC
Assistant Manager: Blind Messiah (Don't worry he can see!)
Team Name: Kinky Kingdras
List of Accomplishments: Won the first MPL #AmbitousAltarias, Only man to 50-0 the ladder, definitely created Ebola water, I won a room tour on frost once #Alliancecup, one of Showdown's living legends, Certified meme lord, Once killed a man (he used to say all falls down), turn out I have the ability to absorb peoples' power after I kill them, Killed another man, Became perfect CC, then exploded and became more perfect CC, +1 accomplishment
Why would you make a Good Manager?: Won the first MPL #AmbitousAltarias, Only man to 50-0 the ladder, definitely created Ebola water, I won a room tour on frost once #Alliancecup, one of Showdown's living legends, Certified meme lord, Once killed a man (he used to say all falls down), turn out I have the ability to absorb peoples' power after I kill them, Killed another man, Became perfect CC, then exploded and became more perfect CC, Ridley said I have a tight ass and would totally make a good manager
P.S if you're not totally convinced... just click ok ;)
P.S.S Venmo me $5 for a surprise
P.S.S.S If I was deciding I would pick me!!
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-237361303

Cam

The Colby Covington Of Smogon
is a Tiering Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Manager: Cam
Assistant Manager: Omega
Team Name: Slutty Seo's
List Of Accomplishments: very experienced players as you can see by us both being top 10 on ladder which is a clear show of skill. Omega is running the tour and has experience managing an MPL team (Mauville Memers). Omega is taller than the other managers and has two black aunts.

Team Banner:

Why would I make a good manager?: No piss taken, no fucks given. I'll teach you how to matchup every opponent like me.

Last edited:
Manager: EricSaysHi
Assistant Manager: Dorell
Team Name: Ferocious Ferroseeds
List of Accomplishments: Dorell is a KING OF GAMES, I am the proud owner of 1-7 MWP record, BLT Winner AND KarmaFest winner (tour hosted by Haaku. and Decemm)
Why would you make a Good Manager?: I'm Canadian, we're always the best. Seo.
S/O to my 1st round pick Its Hatch I am ready to pay 60k for a 0-8 record!!!
Yaksok iRKD temporaily I would insert PK-Kaiser tag here but he has been bopped with the ban hammer :>(
Banner:
YIKES

Last edited:
averageArticunosbannerPost.png
Manager: Aparctias (Warden Boreas)

Assistant Manager: average fella

Team Name: The Average Articunos

List of Accomplishments: I participated in MPL2 and multiple iterations of ULC (managing Valiant in either ULC 4 or 5), average fella is a former Monotype room voice and reached like top 8 in the ORAS Monotype Open.

Why would you make a Good Manager?: I've been playing Monotype since June of 2013 and fella did not start long after that, so both of us are veterans with metagame knowledge of ORAS and SM (and to a lesser extent, BW). Though it's obviously not as prestigious as MPL, coordinating Valiant's mostly EU lineup to ensure they were on at a time when we could play other leagues took some managerial ability. I make it a priority to actively communicate with the other party during tournament situations to ensure that everyone is on the same page. I'm very active on PS and always open to answer questions and discuss concerns that other people have. When I see conflict between my peers in more intimate settings on PS (i.e. private rooms), I try to understand things from both perspectives before making any sort of judgment, then I do my best to defuse the situation and try to help everyone involved see things from the others' perspectives, too. I chose average fella as my assistant manager because of our very consistent communication, his extensive knowledge of Pokemon that supplements mine and adds to his creativity, communication skills, and his levelheadedness. Both average fella and I want to make The Average Articunos a welcoming group that supports each other in order to improve as players—and maybe even as people.

Last edited:

Omega-Xis

Mauville's Own
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Manager: Omega-Xis
Assistant Managers: Misaka Mikoto, iLlama, Its Hatch
Team Name: Ohihoe Orangurus
List of Accomplishments
Misaka Mikoto - Monotype's most renowned anime watcher and one of the top Monothreat players. She is also a good user™ with previous managerial experience in MPL3 and MWP. Finally, as a fellow Spanish-speaker, she can talk shit in two languages, while some of you poors are not even skilled at it in one.
iLlama - My boy speaks nihongo headasses! My boy can stunt on you in two languages and talk about politics with all his nakamas. Meanwhile the lot of you don't even have any friends, because all you're good for is taking the piss.
Its Hatch - This goon doesn't even need an apostrophe in his name to stunt on you. Hatch's voice is deeper than Barry White's, and you can trust me, you won't be "getting any of his love, babe." My mans will be working in the SHOP (aka teambuilding lab aka badgeshop) to blow you all out of the water.
Myself - Esteemed leader of the Mauville Memers™, esteemed MWP Host alongside 6ti, esteemed MPL4 Host alongside Dirpz, former Monotype RO, former global driver, innovator of Generic Ground™, established Monotype BLT which lead to the discovery of one of our current ROs, torkool, and I also put Overseer's career on the map. I'm roughly 6'6", have recorded double digit blocks in a volleyball match, can grab a basketball rim on a day when my white boy hops are on the good side. I'm legally African American and was given a black name by old coworkers, so I have more street cred than any of the other managers that signed up.

Overall as a team, we have shot less gorillas than the Cincinnati Zoo, so we have done a much better job of representing Ohio as a state.

Team Banner

harambe meme.jpeg

Why I would make a good manager: The money we make from managing this prestigious tournament will go towards proceeds to fund the Cincinnati Zoo's Gorilla Zookeeper Sensitivity Training Program, which teaches our zookeepers to be more considerate of the gorillas' thoughts and feelings, and understand that they may be upset if some 3-year-old child rudely drops into their enclosure without even asking the gorilla if it's alright for them to enter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)