SM OU Grace: A M-Mawile and SD Gliscor Team

Felixx

I'm back.

I know I had a poll in my last RMT, and the people voted for me to do a Suicune Team, but with the large amount of Gastrodon, M-Latias, Reuni, and the slight resurgence of Tapu Fini (52.24% smogon tour win rate FTW), I decided against it since I didn't want to give you guys a team that wouldn't work in the current meta. Anyways, enjoy reading this RMT, it's my 4th one.

Grace: by Bebe Rexha ; from her recently released album "Expectations", which just released today.

My Teambuilding Process:

I thought about a cool little core that could probably work in the current state of the metagame, something that could decimate all the Balance oriented teams running around, and I noticed I hadn't built with M-Mawile in a little while. Now, M-Mawile has a few flaws, the main one is having trouble dealing with Heatran, especially Wisp variants, so I decided to pair it with Gliscor, one of the few reliable Heatran checks in the tier. Also, the core of M-Mawile + Gastrodon has already been explored quite a bit so I wanted to take a different route.

After adding those two, I remembered my checklist of major threats that need to be covered in every good OU team; Heatran, Kartana, Zygarde, Ash-Gren, and Tapu Lele. After I get these main threats covered I can tackle extension threats such as Tornadus-T, M-Latios, M-Medicham, SD M-Scizor, and Stall.

Heatran was already covered by Gliscor, so I moved onto Kartana, and I decided to add Rocky Helmet Tornadus-T, a fantastic glue mon for a lot of different Bulky Offenses and Balance Teams. I then moved onto finding a check to Zygarde, and decided bulky SD Tapu Bulu would fit this spot just fine, it also covered Ash-Gren for the team which meant I killed two birds with one stone. Since it's not AV, I needed an extra Tapu Lele answer, so I decided to use Heatran, and then made it my rocker for the team.

Moving on, I basically covered the five major threats with those five slots, and a couple of extention ones like Tornadus-T and SD M-Scizor with Heatran, and my Stall answers were M-Mawile, SD Gliscor, and SD Tapu Bulu, so those types of teams were definitely unlikely to be problems as long as I play well and patiently. With my one extra team slot, I thought about adding Reuniclus; Reuniclus gives me a very reliable answer to both M-Latios and M-Medicham, and it also helped my match-up versus Celesteela and Hawlucha, I decided to run Psychium Z to blow past opposing SD Gliscor and Heatran, and the Z-move softens up Weavile's CB Knock Off, allowing me to live and "possibly" hit it with Focus Blast, since it seems a little annoying for the team, actually I'd honestly run Energy Ball instead if I wasn't so worried about it, and I do understand Clef could technically be in this slot and deal with M-Latios, M-Medi, and Weavile, but it isn't a sturdy check to any of these three, Psychic from M-Latios has a 23.8% chance to 2HKO, Zen Headbutt from M-Medi has a 47.7% chance to 2HKO, and Weavile can knock it off then go for an Icicle Crash flinch later in the match.

My Sets:

Mawile-Mega (F) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
This is just the standard SD 3 Attacks M-Mawile, I chose to run Knock Off instead of Thunder Punch since removing items is just nice in general and a boosted Knock Off can still smack Toxapex and Celesteela. 96 Speed EVs creep 12 Speed Twave Clefable (that small investment allows Clefable to outspeed a paralyzed Tapu Lele).

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Def / 148 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Roost
Another standard set, SD Stallbreaker Gliscor, 4 Defense EVs allows me to never get 2HKOed by Banded Zygarde, and the 112 Speed investment is for Timid max Speed Heatran, I chose Ice Fang over Facade to beat other SD Gliscors, it also gives me good damage output versus Zygarde.
This is how much opposing SD Gliscor does to you:
+2 0 Atk Gliscor Facade (140 BP) vs. 244 HP / 4 Def Gliscor: 158-187 (44.8 - 53.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Poison Heal
And this is how much you do back at +2:
+2 0 Atk Gliscor Ice Fang vs. 244 HP / 44 Def Gliscor: 288-340 (81.8 - 96.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal​

Tornadus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 232 HP / 108 Def / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Defog
Just a nice Rocky Helmet Tornadus-T that can switch-in to fat Grasses, the helmet helps with chipping Kartana and Landorus-T so they can't just mindlessly click attacks. I chose Taunt over U-turn for general stallbreaking, though that might be a little better with max Special Attack, and Defog in the last slot for hazard control. 232 HP EVs make its HP divisible by three allowing Regenerator to recover more HP, and the 168 Speed investment is for the base 110s like M-Latios and M-Latias, then I put the rest in physical bulk to help it take hits better. This spread dosen't outspeed Scarf Tar but since I don't have U-turn I don't really need to.

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 224 HP / 68 Def / 148 SpD / 68 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Synthesis
I made this bulky SD Tapu Bulu spread myself; the 68 Defense EVs guarantees it avoids the 2HKO from opposing SD Gliscor's +2 Facade and be able to set-up its own SD and deal a significant amount of damage back. 68 Speed EVs allows me to outspeed standard Band Tar so I don't have to take a heavy hit from it, the rest of the EVs go to its special bulk to allow it to handle Ash-Greninja and Tapu Koko better.​

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 100 SpD / 156 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
I'm running the Cdumas spread on my Heatran, it can still outspeed defensive Landorus-T and other mons around that speed tier, but it has so much more special bulk than just the standard utility set. I chose this as my Stealth rocker, it's able to force out common hazard control options such as opposing Tornadus-T and Zapdos.

Reuniclus (M) @ Psychium Z
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover
I'm running the standard spread; 44 Speed EVs are for outspeeding Toxapex so you can hit it with a boosted Psyshock before it can haze you, the rest goes into its physical bulk to help it check M-Medi. As I stated in the teambuilding process, I'm running Psychium Z, I was actually contemplating running Psychic over Psyshock so I can OHKO Hawlucha without using the Z-move and have a marginally stronger Z-move, but I'm still not that sure, feel free to comment about that.
Anyways you've reached the end of my RMT! Thanks for reading it and please give me some constructive criticism if you have any.

Last edited:
Hey, it's been 3 weeks since my last rate but I figured out I could help you make it work better. You've built a pretty cool team with some rising threats like SpD SD Bulu and I do like the core Mega Mawile + Gliscor as well. However, as for weaknesses, your team may be a bit slow which means Pokemon like M-Pinsir are hard to deal with. Also, both Mega Latios and Mega Latias are dangerous, consering they come for free against Heatran, Bulu and Gliscor sometimes. Nothing takes on the entire moveset of Latios, especially if it runs Ice Beam. Reuniclus can help out against this but it's easily pressured. For Latias, SubCM can just win if Mawile is worn down enough due to the non presence of a Dark-Type. Will try to patch up these issues with some suggestions.

>
My first suggestion is to change Reuniclus for a Scarf Tyranitar. I like this Pokemon for being able to consistently pressure both Mega Latios and Mega Latias and that would be definitely helpful on this team. Actually, you're faster and can just Crunch / Pursuit. Also, it provides the team with a great M-Pinsir answer as it's faster and resists Quick Attack. Tyranitar is also another Heatran check, as Gliscor was your only answer before. I suggest using either Superpower or Ice Punch as your last move. Superpower allows it to revenge kill Kartana, Ferrothorn, Magnezone and opposite Tyranitar, while Ice Punch is cool to make a surprise kill against Lando-T or Gliscor.

I'd make Torna-T full Speed with U-Turn over Taunt. I find U-Turn better due to how good it is when pairing with breakers like Bulu and Gliscor. You can U-Turn on Heatran or Koko for Gliscor and Bulu respectively for example: gaining momentum is very useful for this team. On the other side, with Mega Mawile, SD Bulu and SD Gliscor, you're more than able to beat any Stall team.

I'd use Toxic over Taunt on Heatran. Taunt is only useful against Clefable, which is heavily pressured by both Mega Mawile and Tapu Bulu. On the other hand, Toxic annoys common things like Mega Latios, Mega Latias, Gastrodon, Zygarde, etc. Also, as I removed your main answer to Fights like M-Medicham and Hawlucha, you might consider Protect > Earth Power and then Lava Plume > Magma Storm. Protect creates some 50/50 when Heatran is against Hawlucha or M-Medicham and the combinaison of Toxic + Protect is more than great. This Heatran is walled by Pex but I don't think it's an issue as Gliscor checks it.

~~

Importable

as I said, Hawlucha and M-Medicham are scarier now, but M-Cham doesn't get a lot of opportunities to come in plus there's Torna-T, Scarf TTar and Protect Tran. Hawlucha quite dropped in usage too. Anyway, hope I hope I've helped you and good luck with the team.

500th post btw.

Felixx

I'm back.
Hey, it's been 3 weeks since my last rate but I figured out I could help you make it work better. You've built a pretty cool team with some rising threats like SpD SD Bulu and I do like the core Mega Mawile + Gliscor as well. However, as for weaknesses, your team may be a bit slow which means Pokemon like M-Pinsir are hard to deal with. Also, both Mega Latios and Mega Latias are dangerous, consering they come for free against Heatran, Bulu and Gliscor sometimes. Nothing takes on the entire moveset of Latios, especially if it runs Ice Beam. Reuniclus can help out against this but it's easily pressured. For Latias, SubCM can just win if Mawile is worn down enough due to the non presence of a Dark-Type. Will try to patch up these issues with some suggestions.

>
My first suggestion is to change Reuniclus for a Scarf Tyranitar. I like this Pokemon for being able to consistently pressure both Mega Latios and Mega Latias and that would be definitely helpful on this team. Actually, you're faster and can just Crunch / Pursuit. Also, it provides the team with a great M-Pinsir answer as it's faster and resists Quick Attack. Tyranitar is also another Heatran check, as Gliscor was your only answer before. I suggest using either Superpower or Ice Punch as your last move. Superpower allows it to revenge kill Kartana, Ferrothorn, Magnezone and opposite Tyranitar, while Ice Punch is cool to make a surprise kill against Lando-T or Gliscor.

I'd make Torna-T full Speed with U-Turn over Taunt. I find U-Turn better due to how good it is when pairing with breakers like Bulu and Gliscor. You can U-Turn on Heatran or Koko for Gliscor and Bulu respectively for example: gaining momentum is very useful for this team. On the other side, with Mega Mawile, SD Bulu and SD Gliscor, you're more than able to beat any Stall team.

I'd use Toxic over Taunt on Heatran. Taunt is only useful against Clefable, which is heavily pressured by both Mega Mawile and Tapu Bulu. On the other hand, Toxic annoys common things like Mega Latios, Mega Latias, Gastrodon, Zygarde, etc. Also, as I removed your main answer to Fights like M-Medicham and Hawlucha, you might consider Protect > Earth Power and then Lava Plume > Magma Storm. Protect creates some 50/50 when Heatran is against Hawlucha or M-Medicham and the combinaison of Toxic + Protect is more than great. This Heatran is walled by Pex but I don't think it's an issue as Gliscor checks it.

~~

Importable

as I said, Hawlucha and M-Medicham are scarier now, but M-Cham doesn't get a lot of opportunities to come in plus there's Torna-T, Scarf TTar and Protect Tran. Hawlucha quite dropped in usage too. Anyway, hope I hope I've helped you and good luck with the team.

500th post btw.
I'll definitely try these options, thanks a lot!

I have been using the Scarf Tar version. The only problem I had was Toxapex. They can legit lead it and click Scald before Glisc’s Orb activates. Nothing on the team wants to be burned by Pex. That is why I think Reuni might be better for the team. If the Pex sets up T Spikes, it fucks itself up because Bulu can come in on it. Torn doesn’t really beat Pex because of the poor accuracy. Once Gliscor’s Orb is activated you are good to go tho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)