RU RU Ladder Tour (RLT) | Won by The Leprechaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

roman

Banned deucer.
hi guys, welcome to the playoffs of the sun & moon ladder tour. the 32 players that made it in the qualifying stage will duke it out until there's a winner!

general rules;
  • general tournament rules to follow can be found -> here <-
  • games will be played in as a sm ru bo3 series
  • match ups are randomized and not based on seeds
  • this tournament will be single elimination
  • play on pokemon showdown! main or on the tournaments server, your games will not count if you don't follow this rule
  • replays are required, if you don't post them / if they aren't public your games will not count

finals:

The Leprechaun vs mind gaming

Last edited:

lax

cloutimus maximus
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 10th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RBTT Champion
I woke up somehow and decided that i have to post my predicts for r1

mind gaming vs lagrossemerd - sorry i cannot offer my thoughts on this mu
robjr vs The Leprechaun - now this is a great mu, idk about robrs ru prowess but hes a solid and experienced player vs an old ru guy that brings cool stuff, will be close
-RD- vs Xiri -
Many vs Chill Shadow - one would think this is a one sided mu but if cs plays like he did in spl i think pu overlord and pupl winner many of many will pull through. he brings a unique and interesting build style to the table while cs uses a bunch of standard stuff i feel
Senpai D.M vs Trace - haven’t rly seen much of either in general but seems p balanced
NaCl vs Alpha Rabbit - u legit can’t root against the rabit ever.. he’s def an underdog (or maybe proved himself as a mainstay? dunno) but he’s been doing rly well in the tours i’ve seen him in and his enthusiasm for ru after getting drafted for rupl was nice to see. crazy or maybe not so crazy idea: rabbit will play ru in snake!
Chicos vs lighthouses - diogos always been a consistent ru performer but chicos has a nice name and could upset
yjh971203 vs roman - i’m not even trying to joke around or bs but my friend marky mark will destroy roman so badly he’ll be having flashbacks of the roman empire’s collapse. srsly, yjh is SO good and actually has a ton of ru experience this dude will kick ass
eifo vs cielbakasan
zugubu royale vs Pepeduce - while it may not look like it on the outside, this is a hype as FUCK match. i feel like pepeduce has a similar approach to ru like realistic waters has to nu and we all know how that went down in nult finals (12-0) expecting pepe to bring marcop’s z double edge entei and crit zugu’s milo
Meru vs Plas - ppl may think that meru has fallen off the ru edge since not rly playing in snake as his last performance but they don’t know that my boys been on the grind and is motivated as fuck. plas is a great player tho (snake flex tier slot imo) but i think meru’s expertise and motivation will lead him to win, go gay and lovable!
Averardo vs Rexus
Chaitanya vs King Wynaut - i think chaits been in like every ladder tour possible but from i’ve seen from him in other tiers (ok mostly monotype) he knows what is consistent and always solid in w/e metagames and knows how to use em. his opp will underestimate him and pay for it, go india!
Nat vs Arifeen - namaste jai hind bakrichod gotye. arifeen’s extremely aggressive playstyle will overwhelm nat and she’ll probably tilt from his consecutive doubles somehow working out. good matchup tho could go either way but i’m feeling my amber fam will take this
Moon vs Kebab mlml - i’ll be honest i don’t really remember how ik kebab but i’ve definitely seen him perform well in tours and idk the other guy
Ajna vs Feliburn - if ur a spectator this is the main match u should care about. battle between good friends and great players who know each other pretty well. they’re both really motivated to win afaik but i woulda guessed this mu as the finals if i saw the pool of players. think this will come down to how effectively each player is able to deviate from their normal style and whoever brings cooler shit will win. leaning towards feli but ajna can outplay his way vs him perhaps

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
unbiased predictions don’t get your panties in a knot but also don’t flatter ur selves ur all fking BAD:

mind gaming vs lagrossemerd
robjr vs The Leprechaun - i think lep in rupl this year showed he has finally matured to be a fully competent player after coasting the average line in the previous chunk of years but robjr is a fully developed player, going far in uu open aint no small feat
-RD- vs Xiri -
Many vs Chill Shadow - CS hasn’t had a good year but I think his level of competency is starkly above Many’s
Senpai D.M vs Trace - Trace has had some impressive wins this past year, don’t think Senpai would be the one to take him out
NaCl vs Alpha Rabbit - Rabbit has strength as a builder moreso than a player but I think it’ll be enough to win here
Chicos vs lighthouses - cant forgive lighthouses for getting caught alive running sub SD virizion but his playing ability should carry him through this series regardless of what he uses
yjh971203 vs roman - roman’s rise has been in full development but this story about to have another filler episode. don’t know what yjh qualified with but knowing the level of cheese this tier is capable of providing im sure I can imagine
eifo vs cielbakasan - ciel’s strength in this tournament is his large repertoire of teams but i think his playing ability will fall short against eifo
zugubu royale vs Pepeduce - zugu qualified twice hes gotta be decent right ???
Meru vs Plas - i aint losing rofl
Averardo vs Rexus - i know enough about one of these players to not predict in favor of them but i aint namin no names !!!
Chaitanya vs King Wynaut - KW’s diversity and playing ability puts him at a solid top five in this pool not much more to say
Nat vs Arifeen - nat tops the ladder for fun while multiple sources have mentioned feen damn near lost his sanity just to make these playoffs. super modchat for this game tho. is that a thing??
Moon vs Kebab mlml
Ajna vs Feliburn - i know ajna’s team choices and playing ability go hand in hand to make him top 5 in this pool but i wont accept no more losing and acting like you aint trying. own up to your choices and perform for us the crowd alright fam

zugubu royale

Banned deucer.
mind gaming vs lagrossemerd - top 3 ru players
Many vs Chill Shadow - cs is a good gen 5 ru player, and I dont know the other one
Chicos vs lighthouses - if he gets some teams from a different source than from pepe then he will for sure cash in here, but I cant possibly bet against someone with a rei avi
eifo vs cielbakasan - I have never seen eifo play a match and still believe this is a 100-0 matchup
Meru vs Plas - only guy besides chait & me that I have seen caring for ladder tours, for sure rooting for him
Chaitanya vs King Wynaut - lanTURN

gl to all competitors

lighthouses

Inordinary
is a Tiering Contributor
ig i might as well

robjr vs The Leprechaun - will never predict against fire ass lep but robs one of the best competitors in the site atm as far as lower tiers go
-RD- vs Xiri
Many vs Chill Shadow - many
Senpai D.M vs Trace - he uses some really wild quagsire looking shit but pilots it well
NaCl vs Alpha Rabbit - i think Rabbit builds more but NaCl definitely has the advantage playing wise, should be a really close one though
yjh971203 vs roman - he 3-0ed in the group stages of wcop (didnt do so hot in the tiebreaker though)
eifo vs cielbakasan - i like eifo and idk the other guy
zugubu royale vs Pepeduce
Meru
vs Plas
Averardo vs Rexus
Chaitanya vs King Wynaut
Nat
vs Arifeen - good one
Moon vs Kebab mlml
Ajna vs Feliburn - ajna really wants to win this time it seems but these two have played so many test games with eachother that i really cant predict against either

The Leprechaun

wear nike not fila
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
robjr
vs The Leprechaun
-RD- vs Xiri
Many vs Chill Shadow
Senpai D.M vs Trace
NaCl vs Alpha Rabbit
Chicos vs lighthouses
yjh971203 vs roman
eifo
vs cielbakasan
zugubu royale vs Pepeduce
Meru
vs Plas
Averardo vs Rexus
Chaitanya vs King Wynaut
Nat
vs Arifeen
Moon vs Kebab mlml
Ajna vs Feliburn

100% correct predictions

Nat

is a Top Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
I will join the masses and post probably 40% predicts

mind gaming vs lagrossemerd - after seeing/playing them both I'm pretty convinced mind gaming should win this. RU Ladder isn't really the most noteworthy thing in the world though he's done pretty well on it. Meanwhile, I haven't really been convinced lagrosse is super competent
robjr vs The Leprechaun - This should shape up to be a hopefully good set. robjr is probably the better overall player but Lep has impressed me within RU recently
-RD- vs Xiri - Unless -RD- adds to his one-trick pony HO arsenal, this shouldn't be very close. Xiri to my knowledge plays RU a fair amount and is competent enough to take this convincingly
Many vs Chill Shadow - Chill hasn't struck me as the most motivated lately but I think he's still capable enough to be favored here. Maybe I'll be surprised since ppl are telling me Many has cool stuff, I just don't see mr. shadow dropping a clean game here, unless he just utterly doesn't care and brings poor teams
Senpai D.M vs Trace - I was pretty back and forth on this one tbh. I think Trace overall is decent but has spikes in performance sometimes, while senpai has some p offhand builds. I can't say I've really been a fan of some of them (like quagsire BO) but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised
NaCl vs Alpha Rabbit - NaCl is more proven and has some pretty cool techs I've been a fan of. Rabbit is probably underrated and can for sure hold his own, but I think this is still an uphill battle for him
Chicos vs lighthouses - diogo is so cute omg go diogo
yjh971203 vs roman - this guy is a menace and roman should be terrified lol. roman has had fair success in some tours throughout 2018 but yjh is a wild cannon and i think he'll take it, esp if he goes up early and throws romans confidence off
eifo vs cielbakasan - I don't think this will be very close and eifo should wrap it up nicely
zugubu royale vs Pepeduce - this is a highlight if only for the entertainment value. I already predicted pepeduce to win the tour so I can't really go back on that
Meru vs Plas - i love meru but plas is capable overall so he shouldn't pull a ssnl and roll up w/ nothing like that time vs bdov
Averardo vs Rexus - pretty unhype matchup tbh, I heard rexus just used stall to qualify so it'll be interesting to see if he has builders in the back to help him out. Maybe i'm dead wrong though oo
Chaitanya vs King Wynaut - kinda similar to robjr vs lep but rob is probably better than chait, and kw is probably better than lep, so yeah
Moon vs Kebab mlml - kebab was more impressive to me while laddering than moon, and he has some good building sources in the back probably
Ajna vs Feliburn - I think ajna is better at RU and probably more motivated. Feli wants this for sure too but hints at breaking it off a lot while Ajna appears to be living and dying by getting this circuit championship win, and he's a lot farther away than Feli

Sir Isaac Mewton

I COULD BE BANNED!
Knowing the metagame inside out, I decided I should make a few objective predictions. To this end, I have only reviewed facts and have ignored the friendly relations I have with many competing players. I have however, also taken into account my experiences with some of the contestants, as an objective observer.

mind gaming vs lagrossemerd : Both players have shown they can play quite well but only with a small range of teams. Whoever scouts more or gets lucky with MU will win. Will probably be an interesting series.

robjr vs The Leprechaun : Lep is a very good player, as long as he is concentrated and does not overthink, he will win. Will not be interesting to watch.

-RD- vs Xiri : Both players have shown similar behavior. The games can go either way. 100% expect to see at least 3 milos and 4 bronzongs in this series. Will not be interesting to watch.

Many vs Chill Shadow : If chill decides to prep the win is almost certain, unless luck really goes against him. Will not be interesting to watch.

Senpai D.M
vs Trace : Senpai will have to leave his comfort zone and probably use something different to what he's been using for quite a while. Trace usually brings good teams and plays them well, but SDM knows how to get the most out of his teams. Probably the most interesting series to watch.

NaCl vs Alpha Rabbit : Probably an easy couple of games. Although AR has some very good moments, so we'll see. Mildly interesting series.

Chicos vs lighthouses : The worst games I have seen. A chokefest from both sides, with chicos winning with the worst team ever seen and almost choking towards the end by sacking Dhelmise of all things in g1 being the highlight. Hopefully lighthouses manages to get a perfect MU in the next series as well, I would like to see him win this trophy.

yjh971203 vs roman: Honestly, I can already see it. 3 game series with bad stall vs bad balance in g1. Both players have been quite predictable in terms of building and quite average in terms of playing. Probably the only series even the players themselves would rather not watch. If roman is close to losing g3 expect a dc/let the timer run out classic.

eifo vs cielbakasan: eifo will probably win. In spite of the use of meme teams and bad pokemons as a way to sometimes provide himself with an excuse for losing, he has been getting better at the game and I expect him to reach semis at least. Or he will use grimer, lose and then claim it's "whatevs lmao haha" at some point in the tour; we'll see. Interesting series but for all the wrong reasons.

zugubu royale vs Pepeduce : I like how he's playing, don't know about the number of teams he's confident using but should definitely be enough for the first rounds. Mildly interesting series.

Meru vs Plas: Statistical choice due to lack of interest. Neither will make it far.

Averardo vs Rexus: Statistical choice due to lack of interest. Neither will make it far.

Chaitanya vs King Wynaut : Statistical choice due to lack of interest. Although I like how Wynaut's been playing and building lately, guess I might watch a replay, we shall see.

Nat
vs Arifeen: Both players are very good, however I think they know each other a bit too well, so I would expect some weird teams and plays to surprise each other. Although I hate betting against my good friend Arifeen, that is my role as an objective observer. Nat is on a very good form lately. Interesting to watch, if only for my live commentary in the ru room chat.

Moon vs Kebab mlml : Statistical choice due to lack of interest. Kebab is quite good with pineapples so I would not bet against.

Ajna vs Feliburn: *Sigh*, this is the toughest series for me to predict. Everyone knows how good friends Ajna and I have been these last few months and how we both value each other's opinion. Although Ajna's been a good player his temper sometimes limits his ability to think clearly and win games. Feliburn on the other hand, I have not had many interactions with but from what I can tell has been a consistent player. If the series goes to a game 3, and I believe it will, Ajna will probably make an over-the-top play and lose the game. I hope I am mistaken, as I would hate to see my friend lose round 1. Interesting games for sure.

Senpai D.M

さようなら
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
mind gaming vs lagrossemerd: up and comer and like what ive seen no idea who other is tho so idk
robjr vs The Leprechaun: robs fav in this mu because success in lower tiers but should be interesting series
-RD- vs Xiri: Xiris p good at ru and idk other player
Many vs Chill Shadow: predicting upset I like what I saw from many and heard good things
Senpai D.M vs Trace: lol ru open rematch should be fun
NaCl vs Alpha Rabbit: NaCl the fav here but dont sleep on rabbit hes been having nice showings I guess
yjh971203 vs roman: no idea who yjh is tbh but a wc player so must be good sorry roman :[
eifo vs cielbakasan: some frenchie? must be good eifo will have to bring a game imo
zugubu royale vs Pepeduce: lol love pepe
Meru vs Plas: meru fav but could get too confident plas can get a game for sure or even upset :o
Averardo vs Rexus: italian series lol only seen ave play
Nat vs Arifeen: series to watch imo feens prepping :o lets see what feen shows up and same could be said for nat dont forget snake showing altho shes been proven since in spl
Moon vs Kebab mlml
Ajna vs Feliburn: another hl lol final worthy mu same as above ajnas probably the fav but the felis solid fun watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)