RU RU Ladder Tour (RLT) | Won by The Leprechaun

Status
Not open for further replies.
eifo vs cielbakasan: eifo will probably win. In spite of the use of meme teams and bad pokemons as a way to sometimes provide himself with an excuse for losing, he has been getting better at the game and I expect him to reach semis at least. Or he will use grimer, lose and then claim it's "whatevs lmao haha" at some point in the tour; we'll see. Interesting series but for all the wrong reasons.
well...

yeah, u were right...

Heika

I may very well be the worst player on this site
is a Pre-Contributor
mind gaming vs lagrossemerd : Be ready for the YES
robjr vs The Leprechaun
-RD- vs Xiri
Many vs Chill Shadow
Senpai D.M vs Trace
NaCl
vs Alpha Rabbit
Chicos vs lighthouses : this is what I would have said but sadly chicos already lost
yjh971203 vs roman
eifo
vs cielbakasan
zugubu royale vs Pepeduce
Meru vs Plas
Averardo vs Ilesaural
Chaitanya vs King Wynaut
Nat vs Arifeen
Moon
vs Kebab mlml
Ajna vs Feliburn : same as for chicos, It's not sad here though

Averardo vs Rexus - pretty unhype matchup tbh, I heard rexus just used stall to qualify so it'll be interesting to see if he has builders in the back to help him out. Maybe i'm dead wrong though oo
wtf I never used stall to qualify or maybe 1/2 times, don't say these false things about me pls ty

mind gaming vs lagrossemerd
haven't seen either of them play before.

robjr vs The Leprechaun
Two great players going at it against one another. Definitely a highlight game.

Many vs Chill Shadow
CS needs the points, which means he's gonna tryhard. Many should be able to put up a good fight tho, considering he's a solid player. It will probably come down to a g3 where Many will get the shorter end of the stick, but we'll see.

Senpai D.M vs Trace
Senpai is going to bring unorthodox teams that will catch Trace by surprise. Both games will be won at preview, mark my words.

NaCl vs Alpha Rabbit
After teaming with both of these in RUPL, I think this should be a tight one. Rabbit has a slightly better grasp of the SM meta, which is why I'll go with him.

yjh971203 vs roman
Never seen yjh play RU, so idk if he even plays the tier on a regular basis. He did decent in wcop tho, meaning that even if he can't build himself, someone else can simply feed him teams to pilot. Meanwhile, Roman has become a solid builder and player. Should be an interesting watch.

zugubu royale vs Pepeduce
Pepeduce always builds really cool offense builds and pilots them really well. He's got the momentum too, coming off his recent PU ssnl win.

Meru vs Plas
Plas cares more about ladder tours. Therefore he will win.

Averardo vs Ilesaural
Ave is the better builder and player by quite a margin. Should be done in two swift games.

Moon vs Kebab mlml
I know jack shit about kebab, but moon is a very capable player and has been very active in the recent few months. The unknown is dangerous tho, so u never know.

oo, ggs I was not even suposed to be in poffs but well happy with my level and ave deserved, gl in you run.
If you want to see the teams I used in the run and my prep against Ave, leave I like and I'll do it :)

You liked the idea so lets go for it:
Low ladder: Steelix-M/Yanmega/Espeon/Linoone/Uxie/Barbaracle
I liked this team a lot, takes fast wins, and that's what you need on the lower ladder. The idea is memento with Uxie and set up, pretty basic. This team is not mine, I know I take it from some place, but I cant remember xd

High ladder:
Sun(HC): Ninetales/Roserade/Golisopod/Forretress/Goodra/Rhyperior
This is a team I builded alongside Roman, that combines 2 of the things i most like, Sun and Hazard Control. Poisonium Z Spikes Rose + SD Ice Punch Rhyperior is a very cool core that can beat all the HC in the tier, also Ninetales & Golisopod are very cool mons and Forre for spinning and Goodra as a scarfer.

Stall: Steelix-M/Gligar/Florges/Pyukumuku/Sableye/Cresselia
It's just stall, xd. Sableye offers a lot of support and Icium Cress is useful for killing Gligar and not being tricked
Other versions I used:
Shaymin Version: Steelix-M/Mandibuzz/Florges/Cresselia/Pyukumuku/Shaymin Shaymin can offer indirect recovery and Aromaterapy, and also a decent rk sometimes
Articuno Version: Steelix-M/Mandibuzz/Florges/Cresselia/Pyukumuku/Articuno Articuno provides double defog and heal bell, but this version didnt convince at all

Weird Sun (HO): Torkoal/Charizard/Feraligatr/Venusaur/Umbreon/Shiftry
I guy beated 3 times in a row with this team, and I decide it ti copy it, i'm not running the original sets, im running the one that makes me feel more confortable. Its a mindless sun, pretty obvoius put the sun and break everything.

Poffs:
Dont have a lot of time so I'll post the teams and after edit it
Used:
Necrozma/Gardevoir/Milotic/SteelixM/Mandibuzz/Tyrantrum
Drapion/Registeel/Moltres/Milotic/Virizion/Cresselia
Unused:
Virizion/Salazzle/Golisopod/Escavalier/Gardevoir/Rhyperior
Toxicroak/Yanmega/Steelix/Entei/Shaymin/BlastoiseM
Umbreon/Cofagrigus/Bronzong/BlastoiseM/Chesnaught/Dragalge

Last edited:

roman

Banned deucer.
Last edited:

Feliburn

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RU Leader
For the newer players, just cause I predict against u or call ur opponent the better player doesn't mean I'm talking shit about u so don't get butthurt about these predicts, if u win great, if u lose whatever everyone loses games, saying this cause the obvious showing of salt in the previous round from some of u.

Ajna vs Trace - I can't root vs my bro cause he's the one that beat me, but objectively Ajna is just overall a better player and builder, I haven't seen Trace compete seriously in a while and his last week games didn't rlly showcase anything other than his teams which were p nice looking, I don't actually think this going to be a wash, rather I'm expecting some good games, but I gotta favor Ajna.

King Wynaut vs (Many vs Chill Shadow) - Many's cool, but I rlly think CS is gonna take it. As for my next round predict, I'm gonna favor CS, I feel like he's just the smarter and more experienced player, tho I know he hasn't been building whereas KW builds almost anything, so he could roll w/ somethin standard or even whip out some cheese who knows, but he has that building aspect to give him an advantage over CS depending on how good the teams he builds / asks for are.

The Leprechaun vs lighthouses - This gonna be a good series I feel. You can never count lep out, he has been super flames for as long as I've known him. Diogo on the other hand has more experience playing high level games, tho he doesn't sound as motivated to win this so it could go either way, still gonna favor Diogo in this one tho.

Meru vs Averardo - Meru is just the better player and builder, I know averardo has been keeping up w/ the meta cause I see his name pop up here and there, but I feel like Meru can just outplay whatever ave brings.

zugubu royale vs eifo - Eifo has been more in touch w/ RU than zugubu, I feel like he just has a better grasp of the meta and builds better teams too, tho u can't underestimate zugubu royale as (unrelated to the tier) he already made finals of a previous ladder tour playoffs, so I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up w/ some heat and played it super well.

Kebab mlml vs mind gaming - I don't actually know how well versed both of these are in ru, kebab beat schaff last week who I thought would take it, while mind gaming used stall and if he decides to bring it again it'll come down to how well kebab can handle stall, regardless I think kebab will probs take it just based on how both players performed round 1.

roman vs Arifeen - This is gonna be p wack, I've known feen long enough to know he is a madman, some might call him the culmination of doubles, others say doubling was created when feen first got a computer, but I digress. Little roman on the other hand has been doing p well for himself, but as someone who has played enough w/ him ever since rupl, I know he is someone who looks up to arifeen based on how he plays, if you know what I mean, tho his plays strike me as senseless and trying to style rather than doubles w/ some logic behind them, which is why I will favor feen in this one, definitely the game to watch just cause of how crazy it'll be.

(NaCl vs Alpha Rabbit) vs -RD- - I know nacl has been playing for a long ass time now, he has gotten some good dubs for himself throughout his playing career, and it surprised me to hear the name again this year in RUPL, while rabbit is a newer player that has been more in touch w/ the metagame I feel, I personally favor nacl slightly more, but I feel like whoever wins their game will take this round as well.

Heika

I may very well be the worst player on this site
is a Pre-Contributor
Ajna vs Trace
King Wynaut vs (winner of Many vs Chill Shadow)
The Leprechaun vs lighthouses
Meru
vs Averardo
zugubu royale vs eifo
Kebab mlml vs mind gaming
roman vs Arifeen
(winner of NaCl vs Alpha Rabbit) vs -RD-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)