Resource USUM PU Teambuilding Lab - Request teams here! (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to request a team based around LO Pyroar.

@ Life Orb
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power Grass
- Flamethrower / Taunt / Will-O-Wisp

I'm afraid I don't have much to say besides I come and go from the competitive scene and things change so much in my absence I don't know where to begin building new teams. Pyroar fits the bill as a glass cannon: 109 SpAtk and 106 Spe behind 110 and 90 BP STABs is a scary prospect to face, but on the other hand, its SR-weak typing and lack of defensive stats make it hard to switch in. I imagine thus that Pyroar fits best on a HO team, so I would like to request that (or just straight offense) from the builders.

Thanks! :psyglad:

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
CptDylan

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Atk / 152 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Absol @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Play Rough / Iron Tail
- Sucker Punch

Mesprit @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Miltank @ Normalium Z
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Atk / 144 SpD / 64 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Double-Edge
- Milk Drink
- Toxic

Togedemaru @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Zing Zap
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Toxic

Altaria @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic
- Flamethrower

Sorry this took so long to get out, but here is the Absol team. I know you requested Hyper Offesne, but as I was building the team, mons just fell into place and this was the end result I came up with,but onto the team itself. I changed the Absol set to SD making it a formidible wallbreaker and also boosting the power of its moves with Knock Off and Sucker Punch being manditory. The coverage move is more about what your own preference as both options are fine. Play Rough helps with other Dark-types such as Spiritomb and opposing Absol as well as nailing Fighting types such as Hitmonchan and Gurdurr. Iron Tail on the other hand does allow Absol to deal with Fairy-types such as Clefairy, Silvally-Fairy, and Granbull. To complement SD Absol, I decided on Gurdurr as it appreciates Absol checking Psychic-types such as Mesprit and Iron Tail Absol helps with Fairies which gives Gurdurr issues and in return, Gurdur can switch in on Scalds, Will-o-Wisps, and Toxics for Absol and boost the power of its attacks. Its EV spread has been adjusted a bit from the standard set as Gurdurr is a bit bulkier as the exra Defense investment helps it avoid being 2HKOed by Stoutland Choice Band Adamant Return from full HP. Next was some momentum with Specs Mesprit and Scarf Togedemaru. Mesprit providing some offensive prowess with Specs boosted Psychic and fits very well here seeing how Gurdurr can switch in on Dark-typesand get rid of or eliminated them outright as well as Steel-types such as Aggron and Togedemaru making Psychic more spammable. U-Turn is nice for momentum and Healing Wish is very handly for bringing back either Gurdurr or Absol allowing you to be a bit more reckless in the early game if you so choose. Togedemaru provides the speed and is here to handle sweepers like Jynx and Lilligant at +1 and outspeeds Scarf Primeape too which is also nice. Lastly is the defensive backbone of the team being Miltank + Altaria. Miltank provides Stealth Rock and is the Aurorus and Pyroar switchin thanks to Thick Fat. The EV spread is a bit more convoluted than the other sets, but it does allow for some important benchmarks, mainly having enough Speed investment to outrun Hitmonchan and standard Magmortar whereas the 48 Attack EVs guarentee that Z-Double-Edge from Miltank will OHKO Pyroar after Stealth Rock damage. As for Altaria, it acts as the defogger and Fighting check which the team lacked as well as the secondary status absorber with Natural Cure. Some things to look out for is stuff like SubCM Oricorio-Sensu which can set up on Miltank and Altaria and also scares out Gurdurr. The team also doesn't have a true Normal switchin either so Pokemon like Kangaskhan and Stoutland can be annoying, but can be played around nonetheless. Enjoy the team!

SergioRules

||blimp||
is a Community Contributor
hi friends, I'm an awful builder looking for a team around Choice Band Liepard since it's been a while since I've seen this mon being played at all

Liepard @ Choice Band
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn

Basically the standard set but with Gunk Shot over Play Rough since Sableye isn't super common anymore and Spiritomb takes a ton from Knock but feel free to keep it standard if it better fits the team. Leaning towards a more bulky offense or even balance build but I really dig any playstyle other than stall which I doubt this set would fit on so up to the builder. thanks fam

Hey guys,
ist there anyone who has built a zweilous team? Something like a choice band one with hustle hits kinda hard I rekon. I know it's not the most competetive mon but maybe there is a way to make it work.

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
I <3 THRRO

Hi!

I have a tough challenge for you: making a good/plusgood (doubleplusgood if you are on fire) team around a pokemon I just find awful despite being ranked B: throh. I dont know how that thing should be played because of how easy it is to stop it and how stronger gurdurr is. I mostly used it with ferroseed, as a phazer but it happens to be useless most of the time (throh, not ferrogod). If you can make a cool squad around throh, that isnt too slow spikes weak etc that would be extremely helpful. I especially fear aurorus and ghosts when using throh because how slow my teams are and how easy it is for ghosts to switchin. Good Luck!

+

Throh @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Circle Throw
- Knock Off
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

OR

Throh @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
Careful Nature
- Circle Throw
- Bulk Up
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

+

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

If you think bulkup/knock is better and guts/moldbreaker better tell me. Moldbreaker is mainly because throh will spent hours sleeping so guts can be replaced by moldbreaker and therefore give you a wincon vs stall teams (unaware), because i guess the team will need speed control/support and wont have a lot of room left for a wallbreaker. Lastly, if ferroseed doesnt synergize well, tell me, too!

Thanks in advance :)

dibs

double iron bashes
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I would like to request a team built around agility Kingler, because I can't make teams. Thanks.

Noctowl @ Leftovers
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Toxic
- Night Shade
- Roost

noctowl is my favorite pokemon and I wanted to use it for a while but i cant seem to build a team around it
Right so i've been holding off posting because i've been wanting to use stuff during PU seasonal, but since the week is over then tadah!

Noctowl @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Work Up
- Agility
- Roost

Archeops
Ability: Defeatist
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Protect

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 244 HP / 176 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin

Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zing Zap
- U-turn
- Toxic

The first thing I did was change the Noctowl set since the requested set struggles to find a niche in the metagame, whereas Agility Work-up has proven itself to be a deadly set and thus what it's most known for. With that in mind I wanted to take advantage of Noctowls abiltiy to break flying resists with Tinted Lens, so I paired it with Archeops. Since I was going for flying spam, I wanted to make Archeops U-Turn to keep momentum against Stealth Rockers like Regirock to prevent them from being up for as long as possible. Archeops is really fun to pair with hazards for calcs like 2HKOing Gastrodon on switch with a Spike layer. Because of this I decided to run a standard hazard core of defensive Mesprit, Ferroseed and Assault Vest Hitmonchan for hazard removal. Finally to round out the team was speed control, and the team was currently very weak to Togedemaru once Ferroseed was gone, so I added Iron Barbs Togedemaru. It also helps to check Scarf Primeape once it's chipped, which is helpful since Primeape gives the team issues otherwise.

Kingler @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Swords Dance
- Agility
- Superpower

Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Zing Zap
- Toxic

Weezing @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Trick

Eelektross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Flamethrower

Miltank @ Normalium Z
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Toxic

Posting this on behalf of LordST for Toy Time King and Hugh Neutron 's request for Agility Kingler

"The team started with Kingler, Togedemaru and Eelektross, working from the idea of a strong breaker with Voltturn to get it in safely. Within this core you have Scarf Togedemaru, the team's main form of speed control which threatens mons such as Lilligant which try to revenge or abuse Kingler. Eelektross was then added as glue for the core, covering the initial weaknesses against Palossand, Swanna and Gastrodon. At the start the team was made for the Passimian meta, which explains the Weezing and previously defensive Mesprit. Since Passimian was banned Weezing was kept as a reliable fighting check, but defensive Mesprit has been changed to Scarf. This provides the team with more offensive pressure and the handy ability to hinder walls such as Clefairy and Ferroseed with Trick while still having the option of Stealth Rocks. The final slot ended up being Offensive Miltank, sacrificing reliable recovery in Milk Drink to maximise coverage and have Toxic to cripple the likes of Gastrodon."

Expect a Gastrodon Weezing team very soon, but for now I need sleep.

Right so i've been holding off posting because i've been wanting to use stuff during PU seasonal, but since the week is over then tadah!

Noctowl @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Tinted Lens
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Work Up
- Agility
- Roost

Archeops
Ability: Defeatist
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Protect

EVs: 244 HP / 176 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin

Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zing Zap
- U-turn
- Toxic

The first thing I did was change the Noctowl set since the requested set struggles to find a niche in the metagame, whereas Agility Work-up has proven itself to be a deadly set and thus what it's most known for. With that in mind I wanted to take advantage of Noctowls abiltiy to break flying resists with Tinted Lens, so I paired it with Archeops. Since I was going for flying spam, I wanted to make Archeops U-Turn to keep momentum against Stealth Rockers like Regirock to prevent them from being up for as long as possible. Archeops is really fun to pair with hazards for calcs like 2HKOing Gastrodon on switch with a Spike layer. Because of this I decided to run a standard hazard core of defensive Mesprit, Ferroseed and Assault Vest Hitmonchan for hazard removal. Finally to round out the team was speed control, and the team was currently very weak to Togedemaru once Ferroseed was gone, so I added Iron Barbs Togedemaru. It also helps to check Scarf Primeape once it's chipped, which is helpful since Primeape gives the team issues otherwise.

Kingler @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Swords Dance
- Agility
- Superpower

Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Zing Zap
- Toxic

Weezing @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Trick

Eelektross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Flamethrower

Miltank @ Normalium Z
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Toxic

Posting this on behalf of LordST for Toy Time King and Hugh Neutron 's request for Agility Kingler

"The team started with Kingler, Togedemaru and Eelektross, working from the idea of a strong breaker with Voltturn to get it in safely. Within this core you have Scarf Togedemaru, the team's main form of speed control which threatens mons such as Lilligant which try to revenge or abuse Kingler. Eelektross was then added as glue for the core, covering the initial weaknesses against Palossand, Swanna and Gastrodon. At the start the team was made for the Passimian meta, which explains the Weezing and previously defensive Mesprit. Since Passimian was banned Weezing was kept as a reliable fighting check, but defensive Mesprit has been changed to Scarf. This provides the team with more offensive pressure and the handy ability to hinder walls such as Clefairy and Ferroseed with Trick while still having the option of Stealth Rocks. The final slot ended up being Offensive Miltank, sacrificing reliable recovery in Milk Drink to maximise coverage and have Toxic to cripple the likes of Gastrodon."

Expect a Gastrodon Weezing team very soon, but for now I need sleep.

YEAHHHHHH THANK GOD ITS OVER IMA HAVE SOME FUN ON THIS LADDER HAHAAA

btw ty dibs

I’d like to request a team around this Luxray set I made:

Luxray @ Flame Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Sp.Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Ice Fang
- Facade
- Volt Switch

Flame Orb, Facade and Guts make a great combo.

dibs

double iron bashes
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
HJAD and I spambuilt a while back, but I promised to test the teams to ensure that the fun-to-quality ratio was maintained. These are the remains after throwing away the garbage.
Komala @ Choice Band
Ability: Comatose
Adamant Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Last Resort

View attachment 93892
This is kinda a surprise. Komala can attack with Sleep Talk while it's awake. Well, not THAT awake, because of Comatose. It makes him the only pkmn capable of bieng a Last-Banded. I wanted to use this idea and want to watch it in the Meta cause it'd make this amazing pkmn grow some ranks.
Komala @ Choice Band
Ability: Comatose
Adamant Nature
- Last Resort
- Sleep Talk

Skuntank @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Defog

Spiritomb @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Atk / 24 Spe
Brave Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Psychic
- Will-O-Wisp

Probopass @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Tangela @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
Choice Band Komala having 0 coverage requires it to need a lot of support, since the tier is plentiful of rock, steel and ghost types. Due to this, the team is built around a 3 mon trapper core consisting of Pursuit Skuntank, Pursuit Spiritomb and Magnet Pull Probopass. With this concept in place the team becomes very easy to visualise, break with Komala and clean with Primeape. Fortunately the trapper core also includes a hazard core; Skuntank absorbing Toxic Spikes and Defogging and Probopass providing Stealth Rocks. Tangela was added as physdef glue for the team since it had poor match-ups against a lot of physical attackers, such as Stoutland, Kangaskhan, Kingler, Carracosta and fighting types.

Choiced Komala is a super fun mon to use, and out of all the teams we tested this was hands down the most fun to use.
I <3 THRRO

Hi!

I have a tough challenge for you: making a good/plusgood (doubleplusgood if you are on fire) team around a pokemon I just find awful despite being ranked B: throh. I dont know how that thing should be played because of how easy it is to stop it and how stronger gurdurr is. I mostly used it with ferroseed, as a phazer but it happens to be useless most of the time (throh, not ferrogod). If you can make a cool squad around throh, that isnt too slow spikes weak etc that would be extremely helpful. I especially fear aurorus and ghosts when using throh because how slow my teams are and how easy it is for ghosts to switchin. Good Luck!

+

Throh @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Circle Throw
- Knock Off
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

OR

Throh @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
Careful Nature
- Circle Throw
- Bulk Up
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

+

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

If you think bulkup/knock is better and guts/moldbreaker better tell me. Moldbreaker is mainly because throh will spent hours sleeping so guts can be replaced by moldbreaker and therefore give you a wincon vs stall teams (unaware), because i guess the team will need speed control/support and wont have a lot of room left for a wallbreaker. Lastly, if ferroseed doesnt synergize well, tell me, too!

Thanks in advance :)
Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Protect

Throh @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Circle Throw
- Knock Off
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Oricorio-Sensu @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Dancer
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Calm Mind
- Taunt
- Roost

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

Kabutops @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Swift Swim
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Rapid Spin

Pyroar @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Grass]
Quoted from HJAD: "throh + sr + spikes + fatsensu blocker + spin/scarf in one + breaker "
I'd like to request a sand team based around this core please, Dugtrio-A pressures steel and rock types, Stout is just a great breaker or can clean late game and then hippo because it's the only sand setter. Play style doesn't really matter but balance is preferred.
thank you

Hippopotas @ Eviolite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Slack Off

Stoutland @ Silk Scarf/Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Facade
- Superpower
- Crunch

Dugtrio-Alola @ Life Orb/Z crystal
Ability: Sand Force
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
Dugtrio @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Hippoptas @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off

Please make a team with sand force duggy and baby hippo. Feel free to change hippo EVs, i'm lazy.
/

Hippopotas @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Slack Off

Dugtrio-Alola @ Groundium Z
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Facade
- Superpower
- Crunch

Oricorio-Pom-Pom @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 174 Def / 88 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Calm Mind
- Taunt
- Roost

Skuntank @ Rocky Helmet
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Defog

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Trick
- Healing Wish
Hippopotas @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Slack Off

Dugtrio @ Groundium Z
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Toxic

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Facade
- Superpower
- Crunch

Oricorio-Pom-Pom @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 174 Def / 88 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Calm Mind
- Taunt
- Roost

Skuntank @ Rocky Helmet
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Defog

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Trick
- Healing Wish
I wanted to make sure that the sand requests were completed before the next shifts, since it's very likely that NU is taking Stoutland and Sandslash from us. Overall, sand in PU is very difficult to pull off since it always feels like it needs more support than you can fit on a team, especially with Aurorus and Abomasnow being viable. Regardless I still tried, pairing the sand core of Hippopotas, Stoutland and a Dugtrio of your choice with bulky Pom-Pom. The initial core struggles severely with fighting types, most notably Gurdurr, while also not having much protection for Lilligant if it gets out of control. Pom-Pom covers all of this while giving the team a bulky win condition to take advantage of the sand core's breaking. The next big concern was hazard control, and since Hippopotas and Dugtrio are very easy for Weezing to exploit it made Skuntank an even better pick to help absorb Toxic Spikes as well as Defog. Currently the team relies on Stoutland in sand for speed control, which isn't reliable enough with how popular Aurorus is. To fix this problem and further help with the fighting type problem I added Scarf Mesprit, with Healing Wish being super useful to give you another chance with your sand abusers.

Last edited:

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
mploz Hey bud, I got around to posting this after extensive testing in Seasonals and other such tours.

Bellossom @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 Spe
Bold Nature
- Strength Sap
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Safeguard

Weezing @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Destiny Bond
- Taunt
- Toxic Spikes

EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin

Rotom-Frost @ Icium Z
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fighting / Pain Split

Swanna @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Brave Bird
- Surf
- Toxic

Probopass @ Leftovers
EVs: 164 HP / 252 SpA / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Now at base level this team is rather weird, using more unconventional Pokemon like Rotom-Frost and Probopass, but they both suit the team considering the goal is to support Bellossom. I'm using a custom EV spread on Bellossom, and what I consider to be the best set with Safeguard being used as the 4th slot; the spread allows you to outspeed non-Choice Scarf Swanna at +2, which is a pretty handy speed tier to hit in general. Weezing is basically the Poison-type resist of the team and helps Bellossom sweep by spreading status with Toxic Spikes. Hitmonchan is standard glue that offers reliable hazard control while also dealing with Pokemon like Aurorus and Pyroar in a pinch. Rotom-Frost gives you the ability to weaken a load of standard Bellossom checks and can nuke most of the tier with Icium-Z, while also offering pivot support with Volt Switch. Choice Scarf Swanna is a great revenge killer in the current meta, and with Toxic it can lure in Lanturn, a common problem to the team, and cripple it. Finally Probopass helps beat the stand Ferroseed + Clefairy core, especially because the latter is more commonly the Calm Mind Moonblast set. I'm sorry with how late this is, but I hope you enjoy the team as much as I and others have!

By the way, if you want to request any Pokemon please do not request: Ferroseed, Stoutland, or Gastrodon. These Pokemon will almost certainly be moving up via usage in the upcoming tier shifts so it'd be almost pointless to do so.

Hello Melons-N-Soda, I'll be presenting you 2 teams based upon Abomasnow! One's a build with Alolan Sandslash to take advantage of the Hail turns, and one team is without it while still functioning just fine.

Team 1:

Abomasnow @ Grassium Z
Ability: Snow Warning
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Pyroar @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Flamethrower

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
- Toxic

Oricorio-Sensu @ Rocky Helmet
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Taunt
- Roost
- Defog

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

Skuntank @ Rocky Helmet
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab

SD Abomasnow is usually considered less consistent than other options, but it carves out an interesting role that serves to lure its checks to its standard sets and destroying them with its extremely powerful Z-move, especially when combined with boosts. The Hail chip is also always cool for luring in typical checks, but it comes with the setback of activating it for opposing Alolan Sandslash to take advantage of it. With that, you're going to need somebody for that, which is accommodated by the inclusion of Choice Scarf Pyroar and Poliwrath. Choice Scarf Pyroar is a top-notch option for speed control and can outspeed Alolan Sandslash under Hail, while Poliwrath can defensively check it with relative ease and process to threaten it back in return. These two also greatly appreciate the holes that Abomasnow will be able to punch holes against Specially Defensive Pokemon like Clefairy, Type: Null, Munchlax, Gastrodon, and Lanturn, all of which can also help facilitate a late-game sweep with Pyroar more easily. Poliwrath's addition also adds much-needed checks in Pokemon like Lycanroc, Aggron, Kingler, and can take advantage of Ferroseed with Substitute and its Fighting STAB. Abomasnow and Pyroar's placing on the team mandates solid checks to Fighting-types, a role that BulkySensu fulfills for the team quite nicely. Defog is an unpredictable option that works great, as it can come in on the likes of Weezing and Ferroseed and cripple them with Taunt, and the team really appreciates the prospect of using one that Primeape would generally never switch in against. Clefairy offers a secondary Fighting check and is the team's Stealth Rock user, and its main defensive purpose for the team is checking Swanna and pairing with Poliwrath for playing around Aurorus' choice-locked attacks. It also serves as a win condition against bulkier teams with Calm Mind, and greatly appreciates the wallbreaking that Abomosnow is able to deliver towards Pokemon like Type: Null. Skuntank absorbs Toxic Spikes and gives us a necessary option for checking fast and powerful Psychic- and Ghost-type threats like Haunter and Choice Specs Mesprit, threats that the rest of the team has issues addressing. Rocky Helmet, combined with Aftermath, gives it an option for passively wearing down physical attackers significantly, which is useful given that Clefairy is a win con and the team lacks good switch-ins to mons like Scrappy Normal-types. Just keep up the offensive pressure and you'll do fine.

Team 2:

Abomasnow @ Grassium Z
Ability: Snow Warning
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Sandslash-Alola @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Slush Rush
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Substitute

Weezing @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Sludge Bomb

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake / Fire Punch / Counter
- Toxic / Thunder Wave

Silvally-Water @ Water Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Flamethrower
- Defog
- Parting Shot

Skuntank @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Poison Jab
- Pursuit
- Foul Play

Alolan Sandslash is an interesting teammate since not only does the Hail support double its Speed which is great for speed control and sweeping (giving it a great offense match up), but Sandslash also appreciates bulky Water-types being taken care of while offering a solid Aurorus switch in. Substitute also takes advantage of conventional Weezing sets, makes it harder to revenge kill if it is able to keep it up, and gives it a buffer against status. Weezing is the mandatory Fighting check of the team, and with Toxic Spikes and Hail chip, does a great job of whittling down the opposing team for Alolan Sandslash to clean up later. Regirock checks Pyroar and sets up Stealth Rock, and is a great blanket check to Skuntank and other physical attackers. I'd probably recommend Thunder Wave for the last slot, as Swanna is kind of annoying and having an option for crippling it can prove quite useful. The third slot is up to you, whether you'd like to hit Aggron, Ferroseed, or potentially lure Hitmonchan and other Fighting-types with Counter. Silvally-Water is a great Kingler check (outspeeds and Surf is a 3HKO while Kingler in return does little back), Alolan Sandslash check for the team, and offers great hazard and momentum support for the team with Defog and Parting Shot. Choice Scarf Skuntank is the team's source of Speed control if Hail is not present, retaining the utility in absorbing Toxic Spikes, checking Ghost- and Psychic-types, and with Foul Play, it can be great for revenge killing threats like Carracosta, Kingler, and Lycanroc.

Hope you enjoy the teams! :pimp::toast:

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi Tonda Gossa!, finally got around to posting this after tweaking it a bit!

Raticate-Alola @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Hustle
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Double-Edge
- Swords Dance

Dugtrio-Alola @ Leftovers
Ability: Tangling Hair
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Iron Head

Pyroar @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Overheat
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Grass]

EVs: 240 HP / 132 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Mach Punch

Clefairy @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 3 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

Gourgeist-Super @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Synthesis

I'm a total advocate of Calm Mind Clefairy, as it truly is the best set right now. Even though it has the ability to chip through teams thanks to Eviolite and Calm Mind, it does require a fair amount of support to function. Alolan Raticate is basically able to lure in Pokemon like Weezing that give Clefairy trouble, while as being a fantastic wallbreaker. Alolan Dugtrio feeds off of more offensive teams and even some defensive teams too, able to use Substitute against opposing Clefairy, Weezing, and other such Pokemon that are either too passive or don't have enough to hit it. Pyroar is probably one of the best forms of speed control right now, outspeeding +2 Kingler, Modest Ludicolo in rain, and Choice Scarf Swanna/Togedemaru. Hitmonchan does what it does best, being a reliable form of hazard removal whilst also offering a Specially Defensive tank with strong priority. Finally, I put a more niche pick on the team, being Gourgeist-XL. It's basically a blanket check to a load of threats, like Kingler, Ground-types, Fighting-types, etc. and actually slotted perfectly onto the team.

Hope you enjoy!

Hello. I would like a defensive core with these two

Weezing @ Black Sludge/Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Calm Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 212 HP / 56 Def / 240 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Recover

Typical defensive core. I wanna get as much damage as possible by using chip damage (mostly toxic) and need some mons to fight the weaknesses of Weezing aswell as soemthing to fight other poison types. A spinblocker would be apriciated too.
Thanks in advance.
Hey Lillie's 音MADs, I got your Weezing + Gastro request for you.

Munchlax @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic Spikes/Flamethrower

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Earth Power

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Fire Punch
- Toxic

Oricorio-Sensu @ Flyinium Z
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Defog
- Roost
- Taunt

Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Toxic
- U-turn
- Zing Zap

First of all, Munchlax is a great partner to both of these as it allows the core to take on special attackers such as Aurorus and Pyroar pretty handily and also works great with T-Spikes/Toxic damage as a win condition. Regirock adds a Normal and Flying resist for things like Stoutland/Kanga/Birds. Bulky Sensu is your Spinblocker and another reliable check for Fighting-Types incase Weezing gets worn down too much. Finally, I added Scarf Togedemaru as speed control as it is a good check to sweepers such as Jynx.

Last edited:
mploz Hey bud, I got around to posting this after extensive testing in Seasonals and other such tours.

Bellossom @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 Spe
Bold Nature
- Strength Sap
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Safeguard

Weezing @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Destiny Bond
- Taunt
- Toxic Spikes

EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin

Rotom-Frost @ Icium Z
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fighting / Pain Split

Swanna @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Brave Bird
- Surf
- Toxic

Probopass @ Leftovers
EVs: 164 HP / 252 SpA / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Now at base level this team is rather weird, using more unconventional Pokemon like Rotom-Frost and Probopass, but they both suit the team considering the goal is to support Bellossom. I'm using a custom EV spread on Bellossom, and what I consider to be the best set with Safeguard being used as the 4th slot; the spread allows you to outspeed non-Choice Scarf Swanna at +2, which is a pretty handy speed tier to hit in general. Weezing is basically the Poison-type resist of the team and helps Bellossom sweep by spreading status with Toxic Spikes. Hitmonchan is standard glue that offers reliable hazard control while also dealing with Pokemon like Aurorus and Pyroar in a pinch. Rotom-Frost gives you the ability to weaken a load of standard Bellossom checks and can nuke most of the tier with Icium-Z, while also offering pivot support with Volt Switch. Choice Scarf Swanna is a great revenge killer in the current meta, and with Toxic it can lure in Lanturn, a common problem to the team, and cripple it. Finally Probopass helps beat the stand Ferroseed + Clefairy core, especially because the latter is more commonly the Calm Mind Moonblast set. I'm sorry with how late this is, but I hope you enjoy the team as much as I and others have!

By the way, if you want to request any Pokemon please do not request: Ferroseed, Stoutland, or Gastrodon. These Pokemon will almost certainly be moving up via usage in the upcoming tier shifts so it'd be almost pointless to do so.
Woot thanks yogi I love it. Totally worth the wait

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
Hey so can someone build me a team based around Lilligant and Floatzel to help me get back into the Metagame? I don't Mind what sets they are as long as they are both offensive seeing that they are both generally offensive Pokemon on an offensive Core. Based on how these two work together I would assume Floatzel would need to be a physical variant. However because both pokemon are viable Z-move users and I don't really know which one is considered better right now because of my long absence I'm fine with whichever sets you choose to use. Below I will provide a set for each mon having a Z-move as well as another set for each mon without.

Floatzel @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Water Veil
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Waterfall
- Low Kick
- Aqua Jet

Lilligant @ Normalium Z / Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain / Energy Ball
- Hyper Beam / Hidden Power Fire

Floatzel @ Choice Band
Ability: Water Veil
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Return / Focus Punch
- Pursuit
- Ice Punch / Focus Punch

Lilligant @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Energy Ball
- Healing Wish
- Hidden Power Rock

Lilligant @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Fire

Last edited:

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
SergioRules

Liepard @ Choice Band
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot / Sucker Punch

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Clefairy @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind

Musharna @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronize
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Scald
- Focus Blast

Lycanroc @ Lycanium Z
Ability: Steadfast
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Drill Run / Fire Fang
- Accelerock

Hey there, here is the CB Liepard team you requested. To be honest, I'd already built a team like this before, but it was very outdated so i scrapped it and came up with this one. Both teams did share the same beginning, pairing Liepard with Primeape. Primeape makes it easy to U-Turn out of Ghosts for Liepard to Pursuit trap and having some momentum is very handy to have and the two overall just pairs up very nicely. The third slot here was originally Regirock, but as the team was rounding out, My Aurorus responses were nonexistant and i wanted something to still switch on on the likes of Pyroar and provide the team with Stealth Rock, hence Clefairy was added to fill said roles. Originally I did have Thunder Wave in the last slot for some speed control, but Calm Mind lets this team not get overwhelmed against CroTomb. Next thing that was added was I wanted a Fighting check of some kind on this team. I did have CM Mesprit here as it was a Fighting check that was immune to Ground, but this was replaced with Musharna as it's a Fighting check with recovery which Mesprit lacked and it was much bulkier. Colbur Berry is here to better check deal with the likes of Spiritomb and Shiftry. Weezing was here as a Fighting and Normal check, but as the team was being put together, Kingler just goes in on the team after an Agility. Hence, Weezing was replaced with Poliwrath to mitigate the issue as well as provide a better response to Pokemon such as Lycanroc. Speaking of which, Lycanroc is the last mon here as it acts as the wincon between Liepard and Primeape softening checks for Lycanroc to SD and win in the late game. Also helps with things like Scarf Swanna, Scarf Pyroar, etc. As for the slashed moves, I kept Gunk Shot as per the request, but Sucker Punch can also help against opposing scarfers. As for Lycanroc, use Fire Fang for Ferroseed, but if it leaves in the next tier shift, then definitely go with Drill Run. Enjoy the team!

Would love a specs beheeyem squad with some volturn to bring it in safely
What's good man, I've got your team ready!

Beheeyem @ Psychium Z
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Protect

Skuntank @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Crunch
- Poison Jab

Jolly Nature
- Zing Zap
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Toxic

Weezing @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt

Servine @ Eviolite
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 224 HP / 216 Def / 68 Spe
Bold Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Defog
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Without further ado, I'll have to address a few things: I've decided that Choice Specs Beheyeem was a suboptimal route to take in the current metagame due to its extreme lack of options against the Pursuit users that can take advantage of it easily if it clicks Psychic. It may seem like a decent option on paper, but the OTR Nasty Plot set with Psychium Z is totally where it's at. Basically, it maintains the strong breaking power with Choice Specs, seeing as how this set uses Nasty Plot and the fact that a Shattered Psyche from this Pokemon allows it to easily break through almost any Pokemon that doesn't resist it. To give you an idea, here are some calcs to consider:
252+ SpA Analytic Beheeyem Shattered Psyche (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 200 SpD Regirock: 328-387 (90.1 - 106.3%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ SpA Analytic Beheeyem Shattered Psyche (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Type: Null: 394-465 (100 - 118%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Beheeyem Shattered Psyche (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Clefairy: 382-451 (111 - 131.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Analytic Beheeyem Shattered Psyche (175 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Audino: 315-372 (77 - 90.9%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Analytic Beheeyem Shattered Psyche (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Gourgeist-Super: 501-591 (133.9 - 158%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

So as you can see, this set retains the aspect of being able to outright crush defensive cores, defensive teams (and having a strong matchup against Stall) while not being absolutely obliterated by Skuntank once it has done its job, since it has to fear an Analytic-boosted Hidden Power Ground (Hidden Power Ground is also an option for Togedemaru, Aggron, and Probopass). Outside of defensive match-up, it has spectacular sweeping potential against offensive teams late-game with Trick Room, giving this set far more versatility in team match-ups than the Specs set. A pretty underrated set, but one that can function with spectacular results!

Otherwise, the type of support Beheeyem needs is Pokemon that can check offensive Dark-types solidly, Pokemon that encourage chip damage, and Pokemon that can help remove certain bulky Psychic-types that can tank hits with this set. Skuntank, Regirock, and Weezing all fulfill this role well, with Regirock also offering a solid Pyroar, Skuntank, and Kanga check that takes advantage of Toxic Spikes support with Protect and sets up Stealth Rock. Skuntank absorbs opposing Toxic Spikes that can put the team on a timer and with Choice Band, can more actively pressure and confirm kills against the likes of Sableye, Musharna, Mesprit, and Spiritomb. Togedemaru is the team's blanket check for a lot of fast offensive threats, notably Lycanroc, Swanna, Jynx, and Lilligant with Iron Barbs doing a good job of chipping U-turn from the likes of Mesprit and opposing Togedemaru. Weezing checks Fighting-types and wears down physical attackers aptly, and helps to get the ball rolling for the team with Toxic Spikes. Servine is a pretty unique choice for this team, but its attributes (namely the extra speed and bulk) that distinguished itself from Lurantis allowed me to accommodate for the offensive pressure that the team needed to keep Aurorus and Aggron in check (outspeeds and deals significant damage to them with Leaf Storm), something that Lurantis can't do. Its primary role otherwise is that of a form of hazard control, an option for pressuring defensive Pokemon, and a solid check to Kingler (slot was originally Hitmonchan, but then the team lacked a good switch-in to it). It's actually a pretty underrated Pokemon that carves out its niches just fine. I'm running Hidden Power Ice as the coverage move because it's important for this team to have options for pressuring Alolan Exeggutor. The spread I'm using allows it to do a lot of cool things like outspeed everything up to Jolly Aggron and have enough bulk to always live Adamant Choice Band Aggron's Head Smash after Stealth Rock (Lurantis dies after Rocks), Carracosta's Z-Superpower at +2 (Lurantis dies), never be 2HKOd by Kangashan's Adamant Silk Scarf Double-Edge, and more!

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-766559635 late-game sweep with beheeyem once sableye was removed quickly early on and mesprit was weakened
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-766578919 probably shouldn't have trick room'd that early on but beheeyem got a kill on shuckle early after a nasty plot
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-766610014 swept a rain team after a trick room set up against 3 offensive pokemon
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-766863928 this battle does a good job of demonstrating its wallbreaking potential more so than a sweep thanks to his lack of psychic resists, blasting through Gourgeist with Z-Psychic, pressuring the Pyukumuku, and bopped the Raticate as he was predicting a double back into Weezing
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-766903979 swept a sun team via trick room, and blasted through a healthy regirock with z-psychic

yogi

I did not succumb...
This may be a little slower as the majority of builders are participating in PUPL, but we'll do our best to keep churning out teams. Please also be aware that tier shifts are happening soon, so we may be a little hesitant to make some requests.

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I would like to request a team based around LO Pyroar.

@ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power Grass
- Flamethrower / Taunt / Will-O-Wisp

I'm afraid I don't have much to say besides I come and go from the competitive scene and things change so much in my absence I don't know where to begin building new teams. Pyroar fits the bill as a glass cannon: 109 SpAtk and 106 Spe behind 110 and 90 BP STABs is a scary prospect to face, but on the other hand, its SR-weak typing and lack of defensive stats make it hard to switch in. I imagine thus that Pyroar fits best on a HO team, so I would like to request that (or just straight offense) from the builders.

Thanks! :psyglad:
Hey, Rawbi - I built you a team with Pyroar! I deviated from your original request a bit and built something closer to Balance or Bulky Offense than Hyper Offense, but I think it still came out nicely. I also went with Firium Z over Life Orb; Life Orb is still usable, but Life Orb recoil plus Stealth Rock damage wears Pyroar down quickly enough that it can be put in range of priority attacks when it really doesn't need to be. Z-Fire Blast can also take a lot of Pokemon by surprise, hitting through Protect on Pokemon like Ferroseed (thinking it's choice-locked), or doing about 50% to AV Hitmonchan. Anyway, enjoy!

Aslan (Pyroar) @ Firium Z
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Hyper Voice

Green (Lanturn) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 56 SpD / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Whirlpool
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch

Bruce Lee (Hitmonchan) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch

Bjork (Swanna) @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- Liquidation
- Hurricane

Earthworm Jim (Wormadam-Trash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Atk / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Toxic
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Fart Blossom (Weezing) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Flamethrower

Pyroar is a very scary threat in the current meta and functions optimally if you're able to remove bulky Rock-types like Regirock, Carbink, and Cradily, specially defensive walls and tanks like standard CM Clefairy, Type: Null, Audino, AV Lanturn, and AV Hitmonchan, and other Fire resists like Poliwrath, Munchlax, and Drampa, so I built with beating these Pokemon in mind. I also gave special consideration to answering some of its other offensive checks, namely Choice Scarf Primeape, Alolan Dugtrio, Gurdurr, and so on.

I first chose AV Lanturn as an offensive partner to Pyroar; not only does it gain momentum for Pyroar via its slow Volt Switch, but it can also weaken or remove opposing Lanturn, Regirock, and Carbink via a combination of Whirlpool and Weezing's Toxic Spikes, which in turn opens up the way for Pyroar to deal maximum damage. Using Whirlpool is possible on this set because HP Grass is no longer a critical component to AV Lanturn's kit as a result of Gastrodon leaving the tier soon (even if you do match up with Gastrodon before it leaves, CB Hitmonchan can 2HKO that with Close Combat if it switches in directly). Lanturn's EV spread is a little different than what you're used to seeing probably, but it is mainly used for creeping other AV Lanturn and Jolly Aggron (Jolly Aggron is nice in the current meta, seeing as how it creeps both standard AV Lanturn and Aurorus by a couple of points at 218 Speed total). Lanturn creeping and KOing Modest Aurorus is helpful for Wormadam-Trash too, so that it isn't overwhelmed in checking both Ice- and Psychic-types by itself. Lanturn was so close to outspeeding neutral-natured base 60s like Abomasnow (even if Abomasnow runs a +Speed nature more often than not) and Pawniard at 219 Speed total, so I dumped another point in for those because the loss in Special Defense was negligible. Lanturn basically cushions blows from various special attackers for the team and answers stuff like opposing Pyroar and Oricorio-Sensu for Wormadam-Trash and Weezing, Swanna for Hitmonchan, and Manectric for Swanna. It can even trap stuff like Weezing for Hitmonchan, which happens in the replay below. After the team was complete, I noticed I was a little weak to Oricorio-PomPom, Silvally-Dragon, and Alolan Exeggutor, so I added Ice Beam to round out Lanturn's set. I also slashed Discharge over Whirlpool; while Whirlpool is great for trapping what Pyroar needs gone, Discharge can save you if you're forced to stay in on bulky Oricorio-Sensu in case you weren't able to take it out with Hitmonchan's CB Ice Punch on the switch. Shoutouts to jklioe for that tech.

Next, I added CB Jolly Hitmonchan. Not only does it explode most of Pyroar's stops (listed above) with a CB-boosted Close Combat, but it can potentially lure specially defensive Clefairy for Pyroar by 2HKOing it with Earthquake, too:

252 Atk Choice Band Hitmonchan Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Clefairy: 167-197 (48.5 - 57.2%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO.

Hitmonchan also brings in checks to Fighting-types like Weezing, Gourgeist-XL, Tangela, Shiinotic, Silvally-Fairy, Sableye, etc., most of which are destroyed by Firium Z Pyroar. If your opponent has a bulky Oricorio-Sensu or -PomPom as their Hitmonchan switch-in in the back, simply click Ice Punch; CB Jolly Ice Punch OHKOes them both after Stealth Rock damage is factored in, which in turn takes some of the pressure off of AV Lanturn so that it can focus on removing stops to Pyroar via Whirlpool:

252 Atk Choice Band Iron Fist Hitmonchan Ice Punch vs. 248 HP / 172 Def Oricorio-Sensu: 272-322 (77 - 91.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock.

Additionally, removing both Oricorio forms this way allows Weezing to function without having to preemptively use Taunt on the switch to stop them from setting up with Calm Mind. Hitmonchan has a 93.8% chance to OHKO Lycanroc with Mach Punch from full, which is important to know, considering it's one of the team's few checks to it here (the other being Choice Scarf Swanna, which can easily be pressured by SR and beaten by Accelerock if your opponent knows the set or if Swanna is low on HP).

With opposing Lanturn and Rock-types being checked by CB Hitmonchan, trapped by my own AV Lanturn, and worn down by Weezing's Toxic Spikes, this opened up the way for Choice Scarf Swanna to easily clean late-game with Brave Bird or Hurricane. It also shares fantastic synergy with Lanturn, given that it brings in Electric-type moves for Lanturn to take advantage of via Volt Absorb, forming gen 7's version of the classic SwanChou core. Swanna acts as your check to +1 Lilligant and +1 Jynx here and as a secondary check to AV Hitmonchan for Pyroar, just in case Weezing's been knocked out early-game. While this used to be its specially oriented set, I realized physically oriented Choice Scarf Swanna lures in specially defensive Clefairy with invested Brave Bird, the same way CB Hitmonchan does with Earthquake:

252 Atk Swanna Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Clefairy: 178-210 (51.7 - 61%) -- guaranteed 2HKO.

Be aware though, compressing entry hazard removal onto your Choice Scarf user pretty much means you have to play aggressively early-game, otherwise you have to be comfortable sacrificing Swanna when it's time to Defog mid-game. Basically, decide if removing entry hazards or if cleaning with Swanna is more important, then play accordingly. Alternatively, Rapid Spin can fit on Hitmonchan's set, especially if you opt for Life Orb over Choice Band. You basically lose a lure to specially defensive Clefairy by doing this, but on the flipside, this allows Swanna to focus on cleaning late-game rather than worrying about removing entry hazards.

Even though Swanna works well in eliminating the Fighting-types that give Pyroar trouble, i.e. Primeape, Gurdurr, Hitmonchan, Combusken, and Poliwrath, it's easy enough to pressure Swanna to the point another check to these is necessary to not be overwhelmed when Stealth Rock is cutting into Swanna's HP. That's where Weezing comes in; not only does it counter Primeape, Gurdurr, and Hitmonchan for Pyroar, but its Toxic Spikes in combination with Lanturn's Whirlpool are great for wearing down specially defensive tanks and walls for it, too. Additionally, the HP lost cannot be recovered thanks to Weezing's Taunt, leaving Pokemon like Type: Null unable to switch into Pyroar later on. Not allowing Regirock and Clefairy to set up Stealth Rock really helps out Pyroar and Swanna here, so Taunt is really a non-negotiable slot here, imo.
Using Flamethrower over Sludge Bomb was an afterthought, but doing so greatly improved this team's matchup against Hail squads, with Flamethrower disallowing Alolan Sandslash to setup behind a Substitute. Flamethrower also lets Weezing destroy Togedemaru so that Swanna can freely lock into Brave Bird. Similarly, Weezing beats Ferroseed for Wormadam-Trash and Lanturn, and hard-counters Alolan Dugtrio. Alolan Dugtrio in particular would be very threatening to the team otherwise, given it outspeeds and OHKOes Lanturn and non-choiced Pyroar, places heavy pressure on Wormadam-Trash, and can threaten Hitmonchan from behind a Substitute.

By this point in the building process, I was missing a check to Psychic-types for Weezing and Hitmonchan, and even though AV Lanturn and Hitmonchan can check Aurorus, I didn't really have a surefire switch-in for it (lol what's that). At the same time, I realized I still hadn't added a SR user, so Wormadam-Trash was an easy addition for its role compression. Along with Stealth Rock, it adds a decent Normal resist to the team; it avoids the 2HKO from CB Stoutland's Return. It also acts as a hard-counter to some of the tier's best Ice- and Psychic-types: for example, it avoids the 4HKO from Aurorus's Specs Blizzards and the 3HKO from Jynx's +2 Ice Beam while OHKOing both in return without any prior damage. These damage calculations in conjunction with Overcoat allowing it to avoid being buffeted by Aurorus's Hail make it one of the best counters to Ice-types in the tier:

+2 252 SpA Jynx Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 144+ SpD Wormadam-Trash: 110-130 (34 - 40.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
116 Atk Wormadam-Trash Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Jynx: 326-386 (120.2 - 142.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Aurorus Blizzard vs. 248 HP / 144+ SpD Wormadam-Trash: 100-118 (30.9 - 36.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
116 Atk Wormadam-Trash Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Aurorus: 388-460 (100.2 - 118.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

ShuckleDeath put me onto this EV spread, but if you run some Attack investment, you can OHKO Aurorus and Jynx, as well as 2HKO specially defensive Clefairy when running Iron Head. Having so much counterplay to Clefairy really lets Pyroar shine, so Wormadam-Trash was a worthy addition even if it looks weird on paper sometimes.

116 Atk Wormadam-Trash Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Clefairy: 176-210 (51.1 - 61%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I've got a second configuration for you with Scarf Togedemaru, Silvally-Water, and bulky Oricorio-Sensu, but it's still in testing. Send me a PM if you'd like to play with that version, too. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the team!

Simple replay showing how the team works: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-765880660

Last edited:

yogi

I did not succumb...
yes i play pu this is a real post

yogi build me a team around the bat

thanks in advance
Hello OU Mod Leo! I'm very happy that you've taken an interest in PU and wish to be provided with a team, however I do request that you name the Pokemon that you want either me or my fellow members to build around, and actually include the set for that matter; the archetype is totally optional but can also be added if you want to have your said Pokemon featured on something a little more specific. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)