SM OU Keldeo is trans (peaked 1800s)

Is Sylveon trans?

• Total voters

teachable

Banned deucer.

Proof of getting to higher-ish ladder :), didn't get a photo of peak but I'm still pretty high

Introduction
Heya all, I've finally mustered the courage to drop niche mons and build something standard that is still counter-meta. Keldeo is really good rn, incredibly counter meta given the lack of Mega Venusaur. Its weaknesses amongst the common mons can be really easily handled with the rest of your team without having to resort to niche mons like Doublade (:c). Hope y'all enjoy a standard team from me, I've actually built something that is good and (IMO) representative of the OU metagame which is a really powerful feeling. If you want to try to take this to the top of the ladder, PM me and I can try to help you out <3.
Teambuilding Process

Keldeo was the mon I decided to build around here. It's a nice offensive wallbreaker that makes really good use of its Z Crystal while also being fast and bulky enough to check stuff like Ash Gren.**

The most obvious Pokemon that Keldeo struggles with is Bulu so I decided to start with two Pokemon to handle that while also giving it U-turn support and a nice handful of resistances with a Flying type and a Steel type. Both of these mons are incredibly good rn!**

A ground type is necessarry because Koko is broken, so I wanted to run a Gliscor for the sake of having something with more longevity than a Lando while also furthering my theme of having U-turn to get myself into a good position with this team. This also gave me a really good rocker and a secondary Lando-T check among other stuff.

I am pretty Latios weak at this point and wanted another strong breaker so I give you the most broken mechanic in Pokemon: trapping. Teatar is a great addition to this team and really lets me shit on stall when combined with Keld.

I refuse to run a team without a scarfer at this point from LOTS of experience testing teams without them. Even employing really jank tactics like T-wave Mew/Ferrothorn, it just hasn't been cutting it for me. Greninja is the best scarfer atm, and gives me a really good secondary wincon thats checks are weakened by both Teatar and Keldeo.

My Koko/Ash Gren matchups were overall really overwhelming, so I opted to run Tangrowth instead as it still checks Bulu/Kart while additionally checking Koko/Kart. Overall good addition :).
The Team
Without further ado, the team :).

eht <3 (Keldeo) @ Waterium Z

Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Taunt

Star of the show, here is standard CM Keldeo! Keldeo fell out of favor a lot, not exactly sure for what reason. It's still incredibly good and tears apart stall, current Screen builds, and balance teams. Seriously, if a team's only check to Keld is pex they unironically lose to CM+Taunt and its great. The best part of Keldeo is its not a slow Pokemon and taunt in general just provides amazing utility that isn't prepared for or expected in OU right now. Favorite mon atm, at least out of those that are good in the OU metagame.

teach (Scizor) (F) @ Scizorite

Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD

Impish Nature
- Curse
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

I refuse to lose to Kartana, Zygarde, or Bulu so behold this disgusting Pokemon. Base 140 defense is kinda disgusting when combined with Curse to beat other boosting mons. When paired with a mon that is able to both check and capitalize off of Heatran (Keldeo and Gliscor), you've got a really solid defensive core that also serves as a wincon. Scizor is goat.

spaghetti monster (Tangrowth) (F) @ Assault Vest

Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]

- Sludge Bomb

Tangrowth with Sludge Bomb should be more common, as this is the best Bulu/Kartana check around and is a good addition here. Prior we really struggled with Ash Gren, as Keldeo kinda only switched in once, but now we have a good check albeit this team lost its defogger. Good mon.

>:3 (Gliscor) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 44 Def / 84 SpD / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost

Obligatory rocker and Ground-type on any team, Gliscor has far more sustainability than Lando-T albeit Lando-T is a better overall Pokemon. Gliscor's added longevity and ability to act as a status absorber helps out tremendously in stall matchups where it's really important. Additonal U-turn support is great when we have two Pokemon that make really good use of it.

Teatar (Tyranitar) (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Fire Punch

Teatar gives us a really solid defensive check to Torn that can actually hit it (unlike Gliscor) while additionally giving us another breaker to bring in with the U-turn spam we got going on. Fire Punch was chosen over EQ because we already shit on Pex with Edge + Pursuit and can largely just click Edge in matchups where a Pex is on the opposing team. Good Mon.

*hugs u* (Greninja) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Spikes

Greninja is the best scarfer in OU atm and is a great wincon/cleaner. We opted for Gunk Shot over Rock Slide because (as Chill Shadow told me) really Koko weak and this gives us a way to check/lure it early. Low Kick is selected over Spikes, despite them being really good for our team, because a Dragon Dance Teatar check and a secondary Bisharp check are never not appreciated. I opted to run Spikes since we're a volt turn team that loves hazard support.
Conclusion
Shout out to the usual crew for putting up with my ass teambuilding <3. mellowyellowhd Jordy eht EviGaro eifo and the entire OU/RU discords :). Enjoy this build y'all.

Edit: Thanks GekkisaiDaiNi for the tangrowth suggestion :)

teach (Scizor) (F) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Impish Nature
- Curse
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

ehT <3 (Keldeo) @ Waterium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Taunt

>:3 (Gliscor) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 244 HP / 44 Def / 84 SpD / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost

spaghetti monster (Tangrowth) (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb

Teatar (Tyranitar) (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Fire Punch

*hugs u* (Greninja) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Spikes

Last edited:
How does this team handle Hawlucha? Looks like everything except for Scizor gets smashed and Scizor can't switch in at +2.
+2 252+ Atk Hawlucha High Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 104+ Def Scizor-Mega: 231-273 (67.3 - 79.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
It also looks like bolt beam cm magearna might be a problem. I know that they are not the most common right now, but they are still very good. How do you deal with them?

teachable

Banned deucer.
How does this team handle Hawlucha? Looks like everything except for Scizor gets smashed and Scizor can't switch in at +2.
+2 252+ Atk Hawlucha High Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 104+ Def Scizor-Mega: 231-273 (67.3 - 79.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
It also looks like bolt beam cm magearna might be a problem. I know that they are not the most common right now, but they are still very good. How do you deal with them?
Basically we rely on Lucha not being common or positioning around not letting it setup for free, because yeah it kinda shits on this squad lol. Magearna should get checked by Scizor with the additional spdef unless I'm mistaken.

Keep in mind that adding ttar to check latios is pretty moot right now, every Lati is mega these days and it always carries Earthquake for tar and tran - its two biggest and most obvious checks. And with your current spread it's just going to predict the switch and 2HKO you:

4 Atk Latios-Mega Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 168-198 (49.2 - 58%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)