NOC 2d3 Mafia - Game Over, Town Win! (and postgame is up)

did you really think the trigger would've been pulled there?

can u elaborate on why you think it's town!heal?
On phone now

I think it coulda if I didn’t say anything oo

I think it’s town!heal cause of player meta and he hasn’t really said anything outright scummy

can u further elaborate your town read?
it's a tonal thing. "everyone is null" followed by a number of actually fairly incisive observations is a post that comes uniquely from town caffeineboost

caff, nuxl, texas and dusk are all town this game. that's 5 town leaving 2 scum/2 town. if i'm right on these four town reads then the game is solved because you just lynch through the POE. of course it won't actually be this simple but i feel pretty confident about my standing in the game rn.

can u elaborate on why you think it's town!heal?
His reasoning on his reads are very rational (as in they aren't super opinionated and he's taking context within this own game). This leads to me seeing him as very town-orientated. He's just not really coming off as scum like he is to other people, I could be looking over a post but heal to me rn is likely to be town.

If someone who sees heal as scum would like to clarify why they see him as scum please do.

Nuxl

new message from your psychologist
is a Community Contributor
fwiw i don't think asking questions (esp if they're p simple as I feel mine are) is particularly alignment-indicative

i don't want to lynch apricity

His reasoning on his reads are very rational (as in they aren't super opinionated and he's taking context within this own game). This leads to me seeing him as very town-orientated. He's just not really coming off as scum like he is to other people, I could be looking over a post but heal to me rn is likely to be town.

If someone who sees heal as scum would like to clarify why they see him as scum please do.
i wasn't really asking you but noted

i don't agree with that rationality part, what sense of heal's paragraph about viper made sense?

I think apricity is more likely to be scum mostly because his language has been more aggressive and he hasn't been listing any reasoning and instead is making mostly personal retorts. That said, I do think some of my bias against apricity from outside of this game is affecting my judgement, which is why I am not voting yet because I want outside opinions to check my bias.
what do you think of this excerpt

On phone now

I think it coulda if I didn’t say anything oo

I think it’s town!heal cause of player meta and he hasn’t really said anything outright scummy
whats da player meta? knowing him in previous interactions or

what are your thoughts on the appearance of ifml today

I don't see anything wrong with that other than one thing "I think apricity is more likely to be scum mostly because his language has been more aggressive and he hasn't been listing any reasoning" is based off of what has happened in this game, I think we can all agree that Apricity has been aggressive.

"instead is making mostly personal retorts" I don't think retort is being used correctly here or maybe i dont know what retort means. I assume hes saying that apricitys scum readings of himself and viper are due to past-bias apricity has.

"That said, I do think some of my bias against apricity from outside of this game is affecting my judgement, which is why I am not voting yet because I want outside opinions to check my bias."
he then states this, and I assume hes saying this because he kinda thinks hes only seeing apricity as aggressive as he has a past-bias. He just doesnt want his scum-reads to clouded by a bias so hes wondering if we also see apricity as aggressive.

If were gonna bring up a post that makes Heal seem irrational is the poem post, which doesnt really add anything and is kinda just out of place, however that doesn't really give me a scum read, as it just looks like overthinking. Which it seems like Heal does a lot of.

god i keep wanting to post but everything i'd say is just going to be some rehash of "turbo ifml" and "game is probably over already"

the only update i might make is that viper might not be scum

but he's still well inside the rapidly diminishing POE lynch pool

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
excellent vote but also

this is a 9p game meaning we have two mislynches meaning we need a townbloc of 5 to win. caff, nuxl, texas, dusk, me.

Am I wrong in any of these
Yeah, I think you're wrong. My current read is that the majority of people would not put you in a solid townbloc of 5. Convince me you're town without getting overly aggressive or making claims with no logic to back them up. If you're actually town then I want to give you a chance, but you're not taking any of the chances people seem to be offering you.

I think lazer's reading of my posts are pretty accurate, but I'm still a bit reserved after smogonaccount scum read him so early. smogon account what are your current thoughts after hearing more from him?

Nuxl is my strongest townlean atm since he seems to be cautiously shifting through things.

Unofficial Vote Count(think this is right)
HealnDeal(1): caffeineboost
Viper(2): duskfall, nuxl
Apricity(2): viper, IFML
ImmaFirinMahLazer(3): smogon account, hal, texas L-2
no votes: heal

Convince me you're town without getting overly aggressive or making claims with no logic to back them up.
the nice thing about playing town is that there are only two things i need to do

1. identify scum
2. convince other town to lynch scum

1. doesn't require me to explain my thinking and in fact explaining my thinking hinders my ability to catch scum, because then scum will be aware of what i am looking out for and adjust behavior accordingly. 2. can take a variety of forms, i /could/ try to force people onto my wagons by making cases, or i could just vote where i see fit and see who comes to the same conclusions i do. those who do come to the same conclusions i do will most likely be of the same alignemnt (or at least be advancing the town wincon this game)

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
the nice thing about playing town is that there are only two things i need to do

1. identify scum
2. convince other town to lynch scum

1. doesn't require me to explain my thinking and in fact explaining my thinking hinders my ability to catch scum, because then scum will be aware of what i am looking out for and adjust behavior accordingly. 2. can take a variety of forms, i /could/ try to force people onto my wagons by making cases, or i could just vote where i see fit and see who comes to the same conclusions i do. those who do come to the same conclusions i do will most likely be of the same alignemnt (or at least be advancing the town wincon this game)
This last part makes does not reflect what you are doing this game. Very few people are making the same conclusions you are and you are just constantly bandwagoning your vote onto what others think instead of thinking on your own.

Vote apricity.

Very few people are making the same conclusions you are and you are just constantly bandwagoning your vote onto what others think instead of thinking on your own.
This is a lie because the two L-2 wagons this game have been viper and ifml. i was first vote on viper and the second vote on ifml, although the first vote on ifml was from RVS

this is a scummy vote but ifml still the better lynch today

Nuxl

new message from your psychologist
is a Community Contributor
I don't see anything wrong with that other than one thing "I think apricity is more likely to be scum mostly because his language has been more aggressive and he hasn't been listing any reasoning" is based off of what has happened in this game, I think we can all agree that Apricity has been aggressive.

"instead is making mostly personal retorts" I don't think retort is being used correctly here or maybe i dont know what retort means. I assume hes saying that apricitys scum readings of himself and viper are due to past-bias apricity has.

"That said, I do think some of my bias against apricity from outside of this game is affecting my judgement, which is why I am not voting yet because I want outside opinions to check my bias."
he then states this, and I assume hes saying this because he kinda thinks hes only seeing apricity as aggressive as he has a past-bias. He just doesnt want his scum-reads to clouded by a bias so hes wondering if we also see apricity as aggressive.

If were gonna bring up a post that makes Heal seem irrational is the poem post, which doesnt really add anything and is kinda just out of place, however that doesn't really give me a scum read, as it just looks like overthinking. Which it seems like Heal does a lot of.
idk how i feel about the overall tone and density of this post

occam's razor......

vote ifml

this is L-1

i wouldn't lynch apricity here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)