Technical Support v2 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Operating system
Windows 10
Web Browser (with version, if you know it)
Software version
Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well?
The problem happens only on the software version, it works on the browser versions
When did this problem start?
I started having it about a week ago
Your PS username
LifeofaGuardian
And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.).
Every time I try to hide the chat window in the Windows version of the tool, the entire tool closes. There are no error messages. At first this only happened when I tried hiding chat while in the Team Builder but now it just happens every time I try to hide chat.

I am using a computer with windiows 10 on mozilla firefox, google chrome, and microsoft edge I get the error ":PS is under heavy load and cannot accommodate your connection right now." This also occurs when I use the computer and phone application . This also only occurs when I am on the internet where I am staying, but that makes it harder to do fights. My PS nickname is KidSeraph. This has gone on for at least the last three weeks.

1. Operating system: Chrome OS
  2. (Web Browser) Google Chrome
  3. (Other Browsers?) No
  4. (When did this problem start?) At least a week ago
  5. (PS username) Lucielle005
  6. (Problem) Stuck at "loading client..."

Well hello, I'm currently having a problem with showdown on my mobile !
  1. Operating system Android
  2. (Web Browser) Maxthon
  3. (Other Browsers?) Puffin/Google chrome
  4. (When did this problem start?) Since I have my new phone
  5. (PS username) couscousargente
  6. (Problem) So, I have the issue where I can't use chat since showdown apparently detects that I have a proxy even tho I don't, I tried with different browsers but the problem won't go away, anyone could help me?

1. Windows 8.1 & iOS 11.4.1
  2. Chrome & Safari
  3. N/A
  4. 08/02/2018
  5. Daddy The Spanker
  6. I am unable to battle “ZU” on the ladder. I can validate teams as ZU and I can challenge others to ZU battle, but I cannot battle strangers in that format.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Attachments

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
  1. Windows 8.1 & iOS 11.4.1
  2. Chrome & Safari
  3. N/A
  4. 08/02/2018
  5. Daddy The Spanker
  6. I am unable to battle “ZU” on the ladder. I can validate teams as ZU and I can challenge others to ZU battle, but I cannot battle strangers in that format.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
The ZU tier is a rotational ladder, it will be ladderable again next month, but currently isn't.

Last edited:

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
  1. Windows 10
  2. Google Chrome
  3. Firefox
  4. Recently (about 2 weeks now)
  5. Funbot28
  6. Computer crashes when I try to export all my teams all at once (note I have over 500 teams saved however). Is there a limit?

1. Operating system: Ubuntu 18.04 \ Android 7.1.1
  2. Web Browser (with version, if you know it), Firefox
  3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well? Chrome and chrome on android
  4. When did this problem start? 18/18/18
  5. Your PS username eyalmazuz
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.). I get could not connect to server message on my browsers and even on mobile data on my phone

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
  1. Operating system: Ubuntu 18.04 \ Android 7.1.1
  2. Web Browser (with version, if you know it), Firefox
  3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well? Chrome and chrome on android
  4. When did this problem start? 18/18/18
  5. Your PS username eyalmazuz
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.). I get could not connect to server message on my browsers and even on mobile data on my phone
The server was down for a few hours last night due to a crash with sockets, were up now though.

1. Operating system: Windows 10
  2. Web Browser (with version, if you know it): Whatever the most recent version of Firefox is--62.0?
  3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well?: Yes, I briefly tested it on Chrome and wasn't seeing it--though it's somewhat intermittent even on Firefox.
  4. When did this problem start?: A couple months ago, I think?
  5. Your PS username: saltyseahag69
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.): It's minor, and complicated to explain, but it trips me up sometimes.
Basically, every now and then my options for the next turn appear before the animation for the previous turn has started playing.

That is, the normal order is:
Turn N: Players choose a move. After choosing a move, the Move and Teammate buttons all disappear, and are replaced by the "waiting for opponent" message and the "cancel move" button.
Turn N: When opponent has selected their move, the "waiting for opponent" message and "cancel move" button disappear. They are replaced by the "skip turn"/"skip to end" buttons. The move animations for Turn N play out.
Turn N+1: When the animations end, or when they are skipped, the skip buttons disappear. They are replaced by the move and teammate buttons for the game's Turn N+1. (or, if my active pokemon fainted, only the teammate buttons are clickable).

What's happening is that the Move and Teammates buttons for Turn N+1 are flashing up on my screen between the "waiting for opponent" and "skip turns" displays. They usually stay up for a couple seconds, and then they're replaced by the "skip turn" buttons. The animations are delayed until this happens.

This happens in a wide variety of situations--even in cases where I use U-Turn, am affected by an Eject Button, or when my active Pokemon is KO'd by the opponent, when I can only send in a replacement. I'm pretty sure it also shows up when I'm waiting for opponent input (e.g., when I KO their 'mon). It also happens when my opponent has input their move first, and I'm the one submitting my move later: The "waiting for opponent" message appearing doesn't seem to be a critical part of the bug.

The reason I'm posting this is just because a lot of the time when this happens (and it's not every time, though it does occur frequently), it looks like my input for Turn N wasn't registered, and I reflexively re-click my move. This effectively lets me input a move almost immediately after the turn starts, without even having to click the "skip turn" button. If my opponent is mashing their own buttons, then I don't always have time to cancel the input before Turn N+1 starts playing out.

Obviously, this isn't a big deal or a major priority, and can be avoided mostly by my just waiting literally two seconds instead of clicking on Moonblast as fast as I can like a Skinner rat, but if it's an easy fix it would be nice. I wonder if there's some ordering of display protocols that's finishing in the wrong order, or something.

Let me know if the problem isn't clear--it doesn't really impact actual gameplay beyond leading to slightly more misclicks than usual, so I apologize for the absolutely monstrous post detailing it, but it does intermittently pose a mild annoyance and we certainly can't have that.

1. (Operating system) Android
  2. (Web Browser) Showdown App
  3. (Other Browsers?) I tried using Chrome on my phone and it gave me the same error message.
  4. (When did this problem start?) Seemingly randomly a couple days ago - I was using it just fine just this previous weekend, up through Monday.
  5. (PS username) prof walnut
  6. (Problem) Opening the app or going to the website on my phone gives me the message: "modal|PS is under heavy load and cannot accommodate your connection right now." When I connect to WiFi it works again, but I'd like to play on my phone while out and about, and not be tethered to WiFi if at all possible. Likewise, it works in Chrome on my laptop, but same problem.

Thanks for any help!

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
PS Admin
  1. (Operating system) Android
  2. (Web Browser) Showdown App
  3. (Other Browsers?) I tried using Chrome on my phone and it gave me the same error message.
  4. (When did this problem start?) Seemingly randomly a couple days ago - I was using it just fine just this previous weekend, up through Monday.
  5. (PS username) prof walnut
  6. (Problem) Opening the app or going to the website on my phone gives me the message: "modal|PS is under heavy load and cannot accommodate your connection right now." When I connect to WiFi it works again, but I'd like to play on my phone while out and about, and not be tethered to WiFi if at all possible. Likewise, it works in Chrome on my laptop, but same problem.

Thanks for any help!
Your IP address was flagged for connection flooding and temp banned. It should resolve itself if you wait a few hours.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
PS Admin
How can I stop that from happening? My app seems to have to re-log any time I have to click out of it for any reason.
The monitor will only trigger if an IP connects to PS 500+ times in a 2 hour period, maybe your on a public IP and numerous users are using PS on that, triggering the monitor. To prevent it, id use a private connection such as your home wifi.

The monitor will only trigger if an IP connects to PS 500+ times in a 2 hour period, maybe your on a public IP and numerous users are using PS on that, triggering the monitor. To prevent it, id use a private connection such as your home wifi.
Ah, that's frustrating. I have the app on my phone specifically to be able to play no matter where I am. I'll have to try to figure something else out, I suppose - sounds like this is gonna be a thing that can just randomly happen at any time based on fluctuation in network use.

(operating system)Windows 10
Web Browser(Internet Explorer)
Nope. Works fine on the net.
Started about 3 days ago
Username(Vooby999)
So i can get on freely through the internet, but when i play showdown through my desktop lately its been closing. it started off in the middle of battles. Just would happen randomly, not every time. But today right during a battle, it crashed. When i started it up, it crashed and repeatedly crashed. Now i got an error. But instead of getting another error, it keeps crashing in battle once again. Here's the error:

View attachment 142059

Hello, today I went on pokemon showdown and I can't really connect, I can get into battles but then it says this

You have been disconnected – possibly because the server was restarted.

even if I'm in a game, making it unplaying. I am also on a different internet connection to the one I was originally if that has anything to do with it

Web Browser: Chrome
Other Browsers: cannot use other browsers with OS
When did this start: Today October 29th 2018
PS username: BlazGaming
Problem: It keeps on disconnecting me, I can get into some games but then it disconnects me usually reconnecting 3 times allows me to click something (only if it doesn't disconnects me when I click something)

Operating system:
Windows 10

Web Browser:
Software version

Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well?:
No

When did this problem start?:
Approximately a week ago

Your PS username:
Same as forums ("prhyu")

And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.):
No error messages, but Pokemon Showdown has a tendency for me to crash and shut down.
Specifically, always happens when 1. it is not the active window (e.g. when it is minimized) and 2. when Showdown is waiting my input (so basically, when it is my turn to choose a move, or if I am called by name. In other words, ANY time at which Showdown has a little red bubble with the number "1"), the simulator will crash and shut down. Happens most often during battles.

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
  1. Windows 10 and Mac OSX
  2. Google Chrome (latest version as of this post)
  3. Tried Firefox, same result.
  4. Unknown
  5. Smoochyena
  6. Whenever I play Pokemon Showdown on my Windows laptop, my battle screen looks like this:
    17-19 11-02-2018.png
This is what I think of as the normal look of PS that all of the YouTubers have, etc.
InkedScreen Shot 2018-11-02 at 5.09.22 PM_LI.jpg

When I play on my Mac, though (school provided computer lol), I get the above where you don't see either of your attacks or your pokemon at the same time.

Is there any cause for this, and if so, is there a way I could get a fix?

Thanks!

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Is there any cause for this, and if so, is there a way I could get a fix?
Thanks!
The cause of this is actually surprisingly simple, and is due to the resolution of your browser window. Notice how the chat in the second image is very close to the battle frame itself vertically? This is intended behavior as, if it weren't like this, the first design posted (aka the one most users see) would leak through the bottom of the window and you wouldn't be able to access, say, the ability to switch mons, which probably isn't good.
To resolve this "issue," you should be able to just squash the window vertically by dragging the bottom portion upwards to get the second design. Do the opposite to get the first. Easy enough, right?

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
The cause of this is actually surprisingly simple, and is due to the resolution of your browser window. Notice how the chat in the second image is very close to the battle frame itself vertically? This is intended behavior as, if it weren't like this, the first design posted (aka the one most users see) would leak through the bottom of the window and you wouldn't be able to access, say, the ability to switch mons, which probably isn't good.
To resolve this "issue," you should be able to just squash the window vertically by dragging the bottom portion upwards to get the second design. Do the opposite to get the first. Easy enough, right?
I'll try this out. Thanks!

Browser: Google Chrome,mobile and
application
Other browser: I've tried this in the PS program, Google Chrome, and on Opera
When started: Last week
Username: DeadKenta
Problem: PS is under heavy load and cannot accommodate your connection right now.

Browser: Google Chrome,mobile and
application
Other browser: I've tried this in the PS program, Google Chrome, and on Opera
When started: Last week
Username: DeadKenta
Problem: PS is under heavy load and cannot accommodate your connection right now.
any help?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)