2018-19 NBA Thread

Itll be a miracle if gallo stays healthy for an entire season. Dude peaked in NYC imo and is overpaid junk. Also east is trash and playoffs need to be seeded 1-16 so we can get keep the shit east teams from making it. FIRE ERNIE GRUNFELD HE HOT GARBAGE.
And lol at the reddit/snapchat feud currently between dwightbola virus and his trans girl hookup? So much venom being spit

Their young players led them to the ECF but they're bringing back two stars, so everyone has to adjust to new roles. Even then, I overestimated Brad Stevens's ability to get them to play as a team.

Well getting the most out of less and making too many good players accept smaller roles are two very different skills. The celtics simply have too many players who think they can take (and make) the last shot. A championship team only needs 6.5 solid rotation players and the rest to be bench role/bit players. Boston currently has 9 and it's completely ruined their chemistry. And I'm loving every minute of it. Screw the celtics!

It's having a balance between enough depth and too much depth. Depth is good, but eventually the guys lower down on the pecking order like Terry Rozier will want a bigger role after what he did last season. And Gordon Hayward was never worth a max contract. He's a solid player and borderline All Star, but never more than that. Hell, there are reports of Khris Middleton getting a max next summer and that's just insane.

Andrew Wiggins is absolute garbage. I literally cannot trash him enough. When he announced his campaign to donate $22 per point scored this season to charity, 2 things struck me:

1. Shouldn't he donate based on FGA? He'd probably donate more money that way.
2. $22 per point is ridiculously stingy of him.

As of this moment, he's at 277 FGA to 269 points scored on the season. Even if we use his points total from his highest scoring season, he'd still only be donating $42,526, which is 0.17% of his salary this season. You read that right, 0.17%. He's legit doing this not because he cares about charity, but purely for PR.

Two games ago, Robert Covington shot 1-18 from the field. Last game, he bounced back with an 8-12 shooting night and at halftime vs the Spurs, is 5-8 and a game-high +29. Wiggins? After that abysmal 0-12 performance (with 1 rebound that bounced into his hands and thus he need not jump for and 1 assist that was very generous of the home score keeper), he went 4-11 last game and 2-10 at halftime vs the Spurs. This is the guy Glen Taylor chose to sign to a max extension despite him having shown no inclination to get better at basketball. He's doing this as a hobby that he gets paid for, not a career.

What a game! Kawhi vs. KD did not disappoint. I know they didn't have Curry and Draymond but it's still a huge win for the Raps. Hopefully they'll be back when we play them again on the 12th so we can see if Klay's right about this being a preview of June. Also lol @ Drake snatching KD's jersey at the end.

What a game! Kawhi vs. KD did not disappoint. I know they didn't have Curry and Draymond but it's still a huge win for the Raps. Hopefully they'll be back when we play them again on the 12th so we can see if Klay's right about this being a preview of June. Also lol @ Drake snatching KD's jersey at the end.
Someone forgot about Boogie smh.

It'll be interesting to see who plays up to LeBron's #2 with Ingram out. Ideally it was suppose to be Ingram but he can't even score over 20. So I'm guessing Kuzma

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It'll be interesting to see who plays up to LeBron's #2 with Ingram out. Ideally it was suppose to be Ingram but he can't even score over 20. So I'm guessing Kuzma
I always thought people were underrating Kuzma this year, nobody was talking about him earlier or last year really, its all Ingram and Lonzo dominating headlines.

Also.... Stephhhhhhhh. Everyone's back together and its just beautiful. MVP.

I always thought people were underrating Kuzma this year, nobody was talking about him earlier or last year really, its all Ingram and Lonzo dominating headlines.

Also.... Stephhhhhhhh. Everyone's back together and its just beautiful. MVP.
To be fair, Kuzma started off slow especially from distance, but he's picked it up recently. Something something fit with Ingram something something...

Kevin O'Connor is reporting that Ariza is returning to the Big Ballers. Woj said that KCP is likely to be dealt, though we aren't sure at the moment whether or not a third team is involved. Suns want a playmaker and draft considerations, making Lin and the Hawks a likely partner. In any case, we have to wait until December 15th for the trade to happen.

IMO it doesn't make us much better this season, but Maginka are probably looking beyond it anyway. KCP probably wants a long-term deal whereas Ariza is more likely to be open to a smaller/shorter deal. If it does happen, thanks again to James Jones!

You guys never needed him, you just had to get rid of Poeltl and the cancer you attached to him in the Kawhi trade.

Now as long as Lowry doesn't injure his hamstring during the series and we don't inexplicably miss 27 straight 3-pointers in a game seven, we might actually beat the Warriors in the Finals

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
I think the thunder are probably better than the warriors right now. I cant imagine the warriors doing that much better against the thunder defense if they did this badly against the gimped toronto defense

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think the thunder are probably better than the warriors right now. I cant imagine the warriors doing that much better against the thunder defense if they did this badly against the gimped toronto defense
They were bricking open shots like Westbrook. Not many times that’s going to happen.

So get this: the Suns/Wizards/Grizzlies had a deal in place to send Ariza to the Wizards, but the deal died because the Suns thought they were getting Dillon Brooks from the Grizzlies and the Grizzlies thought they were sending MarShon Brooks. LMFAOOOOOO I can't breathe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)