OU Sand Rush Excadrill (QC 1/1) (GP 1/1)

Felixx

I'm back.

Excadrill @ Steelium Z
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin / Rock Slide

Even before Zygarde's ban, Sand Rush Excadrill was a rising threat that could outpace fast offensive threats and throttle defensive pivots like Landorus-T and Tangrowth with a +2 Z-Move. It got even better after the suspect test, as Tangrowth took a major hit in viability, and Grass-types that don't resist Ground like Ferrothorn and Amoonguss gained popularity. Excadrill also takes advantage of common metagame staples like Tapu Koko, Magearna, and Heatran by forcing them out with the threat of Earthquake, possibly giving it a chance to use Swords Dance. Although they stack weaknesses, Tyranitar is a prime partner for Excadrill, as it sets up sand and possibly Stealth Rock while pressuring common Excadrill checks in Landorus-T, Celesteela, and Rotom-W. Although it restricts teambuilding, Excadrill has, and continues to be, a neat offensive threat!

Last edited:
comments in purple things to remove in red

Excadrill @ Steelium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

Even before Zygarde's ban, Sand Rush Excadrill was an amazing wallbreaker rising threat that could outpace fast offensive threats and throttle defensive pivots like Landorus-T and Tangrowth with a +2 Z-Move. It got even better after the suspect test, as Tangrowth and Mega Scizor both took a major hit in viability and less solid Ground-type answers Grass-types that don't resist Ground like Ferrothorn and Amoonguss gained popularity. Mega Scizor was never a good check to Excadrill, so replace it with something else. Also, Ferrothorn and Amoonguss aren't supposed to check Ground-types, so I changed the wording. Excadrill also abuses increasing common metagame staples like Tapu Koko, Magearna, and Heatran, forcing them out with the threat of Earthquake and possibly giving it a chance to use Swords Dance. They've always been common. Although they stack weaknesses, Mega Tyranitar is the prime partner for Excadrill, as it sets up Sand and Stealth Rock while pressuring common Excadrill checks in Landorus-T, Celesteela, and Rotom-Wash. Although it restricts teambuilding, Excadrill has, and continues to be, a neat offensive threat! I think Tyranitar and Mega Tyranitar are both fine with Excadrill, so I don't think you have to stress Mega Tyranitar specifically.
Message me on Discord for 1/1 once this is implemented.

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
add
remove
comments

Excadrill @ Steelium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

Even before Zygarde's ban, Sand Rush Excadrill was a rising threat that could outpace fast offensive threats and throttle defensive pivots like Landorus-T and Tangrowth with a +2 Z-Move. It got even better after the suspect test, as Tangrowth took a major hit in viability,(AC) and Grass-types that don't resist Ground like Ferrothorn and Amoonguss gained popularity. Excadrill also abuses takes advantage of common metagame staples like Tapu Koko, Magearna, and Heatran,(RC) by (optional, I personally feel 'by' works better here to connect what it does and how it does it) forcing them out with the threat of Earthquake and ,(AC)possibly giving it a chance to use Swords Dance. Although they stack weaknesses, both regular and Mega Tyranitar are is a prime partners partner for Excadrill, as they set it sets up Sand sand and possibly Stealth Rock while pressuring common Excadrill checks in Landorus-T, Celesteela, and Rotom-Wash Rotom-W ("In any section where both the Mega Evolution and normal state are talked about, use the name of the Pokemon with no prefix" (Spelling and Grammar Standards)). Although it restricts teambuilding, Excadrill has, and continues to be, a neat offensive threat!
[/gp]

gp 1/1

edit: made one change that i didnt catch at first. should be fine since idt this has been implemented yet

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)