Survivor Survivor Season 6: Fans vs Favorites vs Fumblers (And the winner is...ajhockeystar!)

If you’re going to blame Laurel’s mistakes on me MK007 , then you’re already a lost cause and there was no point for Laurel to reach out to you. I understand you’re still salty about losing and blame it on me, but don’t try to make Laurel’s position seem like anything that it wasn’t. I’ll let Laurel respond for himself, but if you’re going to say Laurel allying with me was a mistake, despite the fact that I used an idol on him, voted with him at every TC, told him everything I was hearing in the game and then took the fall at F8, then your understanding of this overall really is worse than I thought. Don’t project your hatred and saltiness towards me onto Laurel’s game. It’s not Laurel’s fault that he allied with someone who happened to have a player in the game that was constantly gunning for him. Laurel had his choice between you and me, and ultimately he chose me, not because of a fault on his part but because I was more appealing to work with. If you wanted Laurel to choose you over me, you should’ve won the immunity idol, or preserved a better social game with me, or not have tried to control the game from day one.

I think it would have been better for Laurels game if they hadn't thrown challenges to NOT appear as a threat, because they needed a truly dominant challenge run, not just the small one at the end, to compete with AJ's social game.
Thank you kindly for your post. I would like to change your mind.

I'm going to respond in pieces. I won 4 of the last 7 immunities, and 3 of the last 4, I had the best score in GeoGuesser and chose not to submit it so I really won 5 immunities this game. One of those immunities was me beating AJ in a jigsaw battle.

Laurel
-Played one sided and dishonest
-Created a lot of enemies
-Made final 3 despite all of this with an impressive immunity run
There were several points where I tried to work with the other side. The first was with you, Whydon wanted to vote you out but I thought we could work together. Instead, I insisted that we vote out Ragmatho because he wasn't participating in the challenges. A lot of my motivation to win the RPG challenge was because I knew you would get voted out and I thought we could play with each other moving forward.

I also had to play with every side when the alliance was made with everyone vs. me, blue, whydon. I had to find whoever I could to vote with me to save myself.

I tried to play with Inferno at F10, but Blue wanted to work with Cleo instead, and Whydon didn't want to work with either. At F9 we tried to work with Cleo and it nipped us in the butt.

At F7 I worked with Mari, someone who had voted against me many time, I had spoken to her before F7 but this was the day we went and worked with each other.

I did not play dishonest. If anything, I played too honest, and thats why I came off as harsh sometimes. I spoke my feelings and my thoughts. There are several people who I didn't tell a single lie too. The lies I told, to people like AJ about how he beat me in the immunity challenge, were honestly minute. Then there was another white lie I remember, I said we were voting Mari when our target was actually Inferno because I was scared of an idol, that was a game move. I didn't lie to Cleo nor Inferno before the blindside. I didn't even lie to Inferno when we voted him out, I wanted to work with him at F10 but I didn't want Whydon to get suspicious and flip on me. I got blindsided and had to react.

I believe its fair for you to say that what I said about you were dishonest. However, I was repeating what Whydon had told me. Therefore, while my words may have been false, they came from what I thought was completely true. As I discussed, (which gets to what you just posted) I decided to ally with Whydon over you because he had an idol. It was a pure game move. That idol was a huge asset for me when I needed it, oh and one last thing that I hadn't mentioned yet. So AJ admit that me telling him about the idol built trust. Well Whydon told me about the Fans idol too, and I wouldn't have been able to tell AJ if Whydon didn't tell me. Thats what built trust. Whydon did a lot to make me trust him and offered me a lot in return. If I started working with the rest of the fumblers, I would be on the bottom of the alliance, but when working with Whydon I was at the top. Additionally, its not like I heard a lot of people calling Whydon untrustful. Shubaka and Whydon were friends, and Rag was inactive the day I voted him out. OM thought he was silly for voting him out, but I don't remember him ever saying he was untrustworthy.

Enemies created: well, the original fans blindsided me before I did anything to them. The reason for their blindside was because they saw me as a threat becoming too close to Trace. They made enemies out of me, not the other way around. We had a majority 7 that could have gone deep into the game. I did make an enemy out of you for a few days, that was my fault, but we were able to talk about it, and I did hope you made it back from Fumbler Island after we were sort of able to put water under the bridge.

I'm a bit torn, but I feel like I have to give into my bias a little, people with great social games that make it to the end usually win a lot because they made friends instead of enemies on the island.
I haven't watched every survivor season, I've only seen 2 in full. One of them was HvHvH. Ben beat Chrissy in the finals. My story is close to the exact same as Ben.

Ben
- Premerge beast, controlled every single vote, and systematically took out enemies.
- Once labeled as a threat and even a bully, he found 4 idols in a row to make the final 3.
- Ben earned himself into the finale by winning a fire making challenge. I won the last immunity.
- Ben was calling out people left and right at tribal councils, and made enemies on the jury, and those same people still voted for him (Lauren and Joe) Heck he single handedly took out Lauren.

Chrissy
- Way more friends on the jury and better social game.
- Played honestly
- Honestly, more strategical

Ben won.

Why did Ben win? Because his story couldn't be compared to. He was up every single night looking for immunities and kept finding them. He poured everything into the game for his family, he played with his heart. Ben was the underdog, and he didn't give up. Everyone wanted him out and they couldn't find a way.

Everyone wanted me out too, and here I am.

The parallels between me being Ben and AJ being Chrissy are strikingly similar. Ben won the vote, 5-2-1.

Especially not against someone who played a perfect game.

Change my mind. I'm open to discussion, but it's going to be difficult too. AJ played really well, and played all of us.
One thing that I want to point out again, is that this was my first survivor game. AJ had the chance to learn from his mistakes and previous games, and I had to learn from my mistakes in this game. What I was able to do, was leverage those mistakes, and turn them into opportunities. Thats not to say AJ's game didn't still have flaws.

From what Drookez said, AJ tried to eliminate Cleo several times but he never had the chance. AJ could have won any of the challenges later in the game to get me voted out which would have resulted in an easier F3 as OM would have been eliminated in this scenario as well. AJ should have saved his idol for F5 incase OM and Cleo turned on him. AJ had no control in the game after the first tribe swap. If you and Whydon didn't have beef, he gets voted out in Ragmatho's spot. None of the targets early were what AJ wanted, they were what I wanted. He constantly leaned on me for strategy and when he saw Jalmont was voted out of Falcon's he leaned on me even more.

AJ played a great game, thats why he is here, and thats why I'm here too, but he certainly made mistakes. Also the deathly afraid of rocks thing.. that was what I said about him, I don't know how thats a strength for him. It showed his paranoia. If he was truly playing the middle he would have never had to be scared of rocks because "he could have flipped at any moment" in reality, he was not going to flip on me, I was his strategical insight for a long time and he knows that.

In summary, yes we both played great games, I'm going to be bias and say I played mine better because I had to deal with being on the defensive which AJ never had to do. My game had many more dimensions too. Despite being seen as a huge threat early on, I managed to survive until the very end. My allies were picked off, and I fended for myself. Part of the reason AJ's game was so easy was because he had a loyal sheep. Sort of reminds me of Chrissy.... again, with Ryan. Loyal. Sheep.

The jury wanted the underdog story and the jury took Ben. If you want the underdog, the guy who didn't quit, I'm your guy.

Honestly... Laurel's biggest mistake of the game... was rolling with whydon, the guy on the bottom of fumblers, instead of seeking to work with the fumblers majority.

Whydon was battery acid.
He lied to everyone about everything.
Everyone knew it.

He refused to work with people he lied to, and instead tried to call them the liars, and really stirred up the resentment that started the fireworks.
Whydon didn't care about making plays, just taking out the people he felt wronged by... the people he lied to.

Choosing that ally... at that moment... without even trying to speak to the other fumblers... that was a mistake longterm I think.

The game could've been very different at a lot of different places

But the place where Laurel killed their social game... was when they started working with Whydon.

He was at the bottom of fumblers for a reason.
I discuss this extensively in my first post but working with Whydon was the correct decision. Whydon gave me his idol and took the fall for me. I was always going to be seen as a target if I worked with you or with Whydon because the original Fans saw me trying to spread my wings and work with other people outside the alliance. Lets say I work with you, I'm going down at F13 when I used Whydon's idol. Instead of you voting against me, Whydon votes against me, and I don't have his idol to defend myself.

You always pick the guy with the idol... he had an idol and told me how to get my own. Also, if I don't tell AJ about the idol, whether he had it or not, I'm never building that trust with him which was the foundation for my entire late game outside of winning immunity after immunity.

Cleo

point me to the nearest waffle house
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
It is what it is though. AJ was in control of his own game. I was counting up the votes and he was only on the minority vote twice the whole game (zero times after Fumbler Island). He only garnered two votes the whole game, and one was from me when I had nobody else to choose. Drookez and OM shielded him by deflecting a potential blindside on him many times. His social game is no joke. He was voted most likely to win, and still only had two votes this game

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I will be accepting votes starting at 11 PM EST (2.5 hours from now).

All jury voting is due by 6 PM EST tomorrow.

Discussion may resume until the voting deadline.

Vote changes will NOT be accepted here at ftc. Once you give me a vote, you cannot change it.

He was voted most likely to win, and still only had two votes this game
I don't know if this part is true. I believe OM was most likely to win and thats why we voted him out.

I want to say this, I believe both myself and AJ played a good game.

If you want to vote the person who played the middle and has survivor experience you'll pick AJ.

If you want to pick newcomer and the underdog who didn't give up with his back against the wall you'll pick me.

We both had different strategies. I was aggressive early on while AJ took a backseat. I wanted to make flashy plays, AJ wanted to keep quiet. I think its is a matter of preference.

I've always been a fan of the underdog and thats why I was always going to bet on myself at this final tribal.

I am open to some of your arguements laurel but every post whydon makes keeps leaving a sour taste in my mouth since he makes it so personal... still. Ill reread again later. There were some good points but im too annoyed to acknowledge them rn

I am open to some of your arguements laurel but every post whydon makes keeps leaving a sour taste in my mouth since he makes it so personal... still. Ill reread again later. There were some good points but im too annoyed to acknowledge them rn
Please ignore him. I obviously have no way to talk to him or influence him now.

I'm glad he sees me as a deserving winner, but I can answer questions myself haha

but to clarify my point...

Laurels mistake in choosing whydon was that it made him unpopular with everyone else and and is a reason why no one is saying laurel had a good social game.

Whydon fed laurel lies
Laurel spread those lies
Laurel got labeled as a snake in the youre a snake pissing contest lol
The social game for laurel got very publicly damaged, at that moment, probanky beyond repair, and its due to him picking whydon.

Did laurel know at the time whydon was a snake?
no
But thats the luck of the draw, you can do everything perfect and still lose. Im not gonna ding laurel too much for that particular series of events because he didnt know... but it still ended up being a big reason why the social game got wrecked

MK007 I have a question. AJ told me you PMd him after the game and yelled at him because he voted you out.

If you were truly friends, wouldn't he have had your back here? He didn't even try to shift the vote off of you. I would've been down to vote Cleo but the option was never presented.

but to clarify my point...

Laurels mistake in choosing whydon was that it made him unpopular with everyone else and and is a reason why no one is saying laurel had a good social game.

Whydon fed laurel lies
Laurel spread those lies
Laurel got labeled as a snake in the youre a snake pissing contest lol
The social game for laurel got very publicly damaged, at that moment, probanky beyond repair, and its due to him picking whydon.

Did laurel know at the time whydon was a snake?
no
But thats the luck of the draw, you can do everything perfect and still lose. Im not gonna ding laurel too much for that particular series of events because he didnt know... but it still ended up being a big reason why the social game got wrecked
I understand what you're saying that Whydon is a liar and siding with him may have hurt what people thought about me, but at the end of the day I had two options.

1. Side with Whydon
2. Be voted out by Inferno and Cleo at F13

In hindsight you can say I chose the lesser of two evils.

Ultimately, it was a decision that benefited my game and if I didn't choose to work with him I'd never be here.

ajhockeystar

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Leader Alumnus
ajhockeystar, would you say Drookez’s portrayal is correct? I’m sure I’m not the only jury member who needs to know this: Who made the push for the moves you made throughout the game? You or Drook?
I'm sorry Drookez, I love you, but the truth needs to be said here. It was mostly me. I was the one talking to people to get insight onto the votes, and although I always did discuss it with Drookez, the final decision was pretty much always mine. Many jury members can probably confirm that they never even talked to Drookez this game.

ajhockeystar

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Leader Alumnus
InfernoDragon One thing I want to say is that, the moves I tried to make down the stretch were all my own. Yea, this was cause my allies were out, but the difference between my allies and what AJ had with Drookez, is that Blue and Whydon wanted to blindside me. Drookez never had any intention of bringing anyone but AJ to the end or he would've voted him out at F4.
You speak highly about the relationships you built with people in your game, but now you talk about how these people wanted to blindside you. Did you actually have the early game control that you thought you did?

I'm sorry Drookez, I love you, but the truth needs to be said here. It was mostly me. I was the one talking to people to get insight onto the votes, and although I always did discuss it with Drookez, the final decision was pretty much always mine. Many jury members can probably confirm that they never even talked to Drookez this game.
Yeah I tried like once to talk to him and it was a brick wall

You speak highly about the relationships you built with people in your game, but now you talk about how these people wanted to blindside you. Did you actually have the early game control that you thought you did?
Yes. Whydon said it himself that he wasn't going to take a shot at me until F7, at that point it would've been too late as I was getting my immunity wins.

It's not like my early game dominance is anything that can be denied, just like how I can't deny you played well down the middle.

MK007 I have a question. AJ told me you PMd him after the game and yelled at him because he voted you out.

If you were truly friends, wouldn't he have had your back here? He didn't even try to shift the vote off of you. I would've been down to vote Cleo but the option was never presented.
It was more if a sad "why didnt you ever vote with me when it mattered"

sad faces and all too iirc

idk why I was the one who was sent 5th to the island, I was pretty much salty and not putting in much effort after the om to the island thing made me lose numbers

I didnt want AJ to vote me but meh ig it got the 3 that are in to where they are now

I didnt even get an advantage at the island, I couldnt be bothered to actually do a extra puzzle at that stage

but yeah AJ played the middle great and got guys like me on his side with his friendship and when he voted people out it was silent and impersonal so it was hard to be mad thats the game ya know

its whatever though ig

im still kinda salty but whatevs

even if we did talk to drookez, he never told us anything lol.

Also yeah we were gonna stab laurel at 6/5 because no way i win an ftc when people think he's running everything but saying that he had no control in the early game is a disservice to his game since his allies only wanted to stab him late game. I think aj thinking he had full control in the game is false especially post merge, there was a real possibility of him getting voted out after viper, which was being discussed in the fans chat, and had it not been for mk pulling strings and convincing cleo and inferno that me/whydon/laurel/trace were a strong block(i barely talked to him and laurel was hyped about working with the fans) there was a real possibility of sending aj packing in the next few tcs.

Yeah I tried like once to talk to him and it was a brick wall
I will say that at F6 was the first time Drookez actually tried to talk survivor with me and he just defended AJ from the chopping block. He claimed it was his plan to vote out OM but it was mine as I showed. Then he didn't go through with it.

Who knows if AJ ever makes it if Drookez was actually trying to pull the trigger this game.

I asked Mari and Drookez the same question this game to try and provoke them to make plays. "Are you trying to make the end or win the game"

Mari shot the gun but we missed because Mari wanted to win. Drookez never put his hand on the grip.

That is exactly the answer I expected. I just needed to hear it from you directly.

It was more if a sad "why didnt you ever vote with me when it mattered"

sad faces and all too iirc

idk why I was the one who was sent 5th to the island, I was pretty much salty and not putting in much effort after the om to the island thing made me lose numbers

I didnt want AJ to vote me but meh ig it got the 3 that are in to where they are now

I didnt even get an advantage at the island, I couldnt be bothered to actually do a extra puzzle at that stage

but yeah AJ played the middle great and got guys like me on his side with his friendship and when he voted people out it was silent and impersonal so it was hard to be mad thats the game ya know

its whatever though ig

im still kinda salty but whatevs
So you've got your pick to win.

When I spoke I was nothing but honest with you (even if my honesty was based on lies I was fed). Obviously, I didn't deliver the best message at first but I didn't go around your back, I told you exactly what I thought. AJ masked his real feelings, he pretended like he was cool with you just to watch you die.

That doesn't sound like a friend to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)