Gen 6 Adamant Heal Bell Mega Lopunny + Flocune Sand Balance

Introduction

Hey Smogon Community. My name is PersephoneXIV or in short just Pers. The team you see was made by myself a couple of months ago around February 2019 just for fun at first, since I wanted to play around with the idea of adamant Heal Bell Mega Lopunny. But now let's start with taking a first glance at the team.

The Team

Thought Process

I wanted to build around adamant Heal Bell Mega Lopunny plus some of the best Pokemon in the actual metagame, which are in my opinion physical defensive Tangrowth since it checks mon such as Mega Metagross, Excadrill, Tyranitar and SD Gliscor + Slowbro (to a certain degree). Leftovers Excadrill since it can switchin safely into Clefable, Mega Diancie, Electric types etc. and as last mon Assault Vest Tornadus-T which is really annoying to deal with due to it's coverage plus speed and ability, it is one of the best pivots at the moment, the rest of the team was made to support Mega Lopunny and the Tangrowth + Tornadus-T + Excadrill core.

To the Team Members

Excadrill (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Rush
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 56 HP / 36 Atk / 80 Def / 84 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Toxic
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

Let's begin with Excadrill, Leftovers were chosen to prevent 2 hit KO's from certain Pokemon like Flamethrower Clefable or Choice Scarf Magnezone. Excadrills chosen Ev spread allows it to not get 2 hit KO'd by Flamethrower Clefable and Choice Scarf Magnezone after Stealth Rock damage as said, but not just that, due the defense investment it can take 1 Choice Band Knock Off from Weavile after Stealth Rock damage and an Earthquake from Mega Metagross without Stealth Rocks damage, since it's sometimes mandatory to get the Rapid Spin off. The rest Ev's in attack allows Excadrill to still be able to 2 hit KO Clefable after Leftovers recovery. If sand is up it can be used as one time Mega Diancie switchin as well depending one the Mega Diance set. The set is pretty standard, you need double stab, Rapid Spin for hazard controll and toxic to chip Pokemon like Jellicent which prevents you from spinning plus it helps out vs bulkier Pokemons, such as physical defensive Landorus-T, Tangrowth or Slowbro for example.

Tangrowth (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 244 HP / 216 Def / 48 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The next chosen Pokemon was Tangrowth, it covers the ground weakness and can safely switch into Pokemon such as Mega Metagross, Garchomp, Gliscor and other physical threads which give Excadrill a rough time. I put Rocky Helmet on Tangrowth in order to chip down threads so I can revenge them later on with some of the other team members. The Spread is the standard one from the Smogon Analysis to switch into Secret Sword or Hydro Pump from Choice Specs Keldeo after Stealth Rocks. Now to the Set, Sleep Powder literally takes a Pokemon out of the game for a certain amount of time and since the team is pretty bulky, you really appreciate those free turns, since the team does have a Tyranitar which brings up sand and you often play with Stealth Rocks on your side you need leech seed to regain HP to be able to check certain threads, plus it allows you to deal easier with SD Gliscor for example. Pretty obvious Giga Drain as stab move and Hidden Power Fire to check Mega Scizor because it is definitely annoying for the team to handle.

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave

To give the team some momentum, a pivot, some speed and switch initiative Tornadus-T was put as third member. Because you want to be able to make game process ASAP a Knock Off user is really appreciated, basically you want to make as much process as possible while keep your team healthy, so you will be able to clean up with your wincons lategame. Heat Wave was put on it, to give Mega Scizor a harder time setting up vs. the team and to reduce the Ferrothorn weakness. The third move U-Turn of course to keep up momentum and pressure the opponent and Hurricane as stab move to Ohko annoying Pokemon like Mega Medicham, which is always annoying for bulkier teams. The last 8 Ev's were put into defense, to have a slighty higher chance to live standard Bulky SD Mega Scizor's Bullet Punch at +2 after Stealth Rock damage.

Lopunny-Mega (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 20 Def / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Heal Bell
- High Jump Kick

What's the most annoying thing for the 3 Pokemon I just presented you ? Exactly, status, that's why I wanted to use a Heal Bell user and because the only Pokemon that can use Heal Bell effectively in the meta besides Mega Lopunny is Clefable which is too passive and slow I chose Mega Lopunny, as well because you can get a Heal Bell off so easily on safe switchins like Clefable, Slowbro or Tangrowth. I chose an adamant nature since the team lacks offensive pressure and after Tornadus-T's Knock Off, Mega Lopunny will be able to break through Clefable which is so common these days. I put 20 Ev's into the defense in order to check Bisharp and Mega Scizor Better, it gives (like with Tornadus-T) Mega Lopunny a higher chance to live Mega Scizor's Bullet Punch after a Sword Dance, besides that you don't need the Ev's into speed, since Tornadus-t and Weavile will outspeed you anyway, so it's just speedcreeped for Scarf Tyranitar, Starmie and Raikou.
Mega Lopunny just gives the team a better matchup vs. bulkier teams and actually offense teams as well (to Ohko Manaphy or Bisharp as example), the team is heavily annoyed by Manaphy and with an adamant nature you'll just have a much easier time. Return and High Jump Kick are stab moves to hit as hard as possible and Fake Out gives the team a priority move which it appreciates for Mega Pinsir or Dragonite as example.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Rest
- Scald
- Calm Mind

Since the team does not really have a wincon until this point and Keldeo is a big thread I figured Suicune would do a good job, because AV Tornadus-T plus Suicune can deal with Keldeo to a certain degree, at least as long as it is chipped down due sand and Stealth Rocks and can be dealt with by the rest of the team. I just wanted a Pokemon which you can toss into opposing Pokemon, while beeing able to function as wincon with Calm Mind. The Spread allows you to be able to have a high chance to keep up the Substitute vs. Rotom-W's Voltswitch after a Calm Mind and max HP will allow you to keep up the Substitute vs Chansey's Seismic Toss as well. Because Bisharp can just click Knock Off vs. this team and SD Gliscor gives you a rough time I chose a faster spread to be able to possibly Ohko them after some setup. It allows you to sub stall Life Orb Kyurem-Black's Fusion Bolt as well, since Kyurem-Black is another thread. Scald is obviously the stab move and just one of the best moves in the game. As last move I had Protect, but since I run Heal Bell anyway to regain wincons, I chose Rest as the last slot.

Tyranitar (F) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 80 SpD / 100 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Wave

The team does not have a Stealth Rocks setter yet, so here we go. Tyranitar helps as well to pursuit the Lati twins for Suicune and prevents them to spam Draco Meteor, plus you have a check to the last threads which are DD Mega Charizard X, Mega Charizard Y, Dragonite and Clefable. Yeah, it really isn't the best Clefable check, but Thunder Wave cripples it pretty much, plus Amoonguss or Tangrowth as well for example so you can easier set up with Suicune on possible full paras. As last move I chose Rock Slide>Stone Edge because it literally does the same but doesn't miss. You Ohko Volcarona, offensive and defensive version and I don't think we need to talk about Mega Charizard Y, that's why we got the Chople Berry on deck. The spread is pretty standard, I just gave it some speed in order to ensure outspeeding Clefable, Skarmory and Jellicent so you can get Stealth Rocks up or cripple them with a Thunder Wave before they taunt you.

Replays

PersephoneXIV vs. Bad Big Bratt
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6ou-830572576
Poek vs. Sorry
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen6ou-431617

Link to the team

https://pokepast.es/4323d96701cc2436

Shoutouts

A big thank you to all who helped me building the team and looked over my RMT. Shoutouts go to my buddy Xray, who helped me by suggesting Rest on Suicune and the defensive investment on Excadrill, another shoutout here to BKC who helped me by suggesting a Tornadus-T spread with less speed, but more bulk to still outspeed Choice Scarf Tyranitar, I didn't took it though, but I forgot at first that the Mega Lopunny is outsped by Choice Scarf Tyranitar and then changed it afterwords, so thanks to you as well ! :]
A big thank you goes to Starry and Team Pokepals as well, who took their time to help me out looking over my RMT ! <3
A last thanks goes to my fren Mega Star Universe who helped me in call to format the whole RMT with me. c:

That's about it for the team, thanks for checking out my first RMT !

I would replace substitute with roar on your suicuine as it can phaze away some annoying Pokemon who spam buffs.
I agree that this could help vs setup mon, but basically tar tang and lop with fake out cover the most threads that set up such as volcarona sd garchomp manaphy etc. plus exca can be used to revenge kill as well. The Substitute is kinda needed in matchups vs rotom clefable etc, plus u are able to pressure stall kyurem blacks fusion bolts for example, feel free to change the set if you feel like it's needed and thank you for the suggestion, I appreciate it ! :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)