Pet Mod Accessorize! The Pet Mod

Can I ask, why is this a Pet Mod over an OM? It fits all the categories to be an OM, and we aren't voting on much here. Is it due to the Stat boosts?

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Can I ask, why is this a Pet Mod over an OM? It fits all the categories to be an OM, and we aren't voting on much here. Is it due to the Stat boosts?
While it does fit most of the categories to be an OM, it's on a line between the two. I believe it's more a Pet Mod due to each item doing a different thing. OMs usually follow the rule that everything is affected the same way, whereas different items give different boosts and types here.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Here's some neat sets:

Gastrodon-East @ Mystic Water
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Steam Eruption
- Recover
- Toxic

Stats: 111 / 83 / 68 / 112 / 112 / 29

Basically just Gastrodon in OU, just bulked up to better match the power creep of the meta. Steam Eruption hits pretty hard even without investment.

Mienshao @ Spell Tag
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief / Shadow Bone
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Taunt

Stats: 65 / 150 / 55 / 120 / 55 / 105

Budget Marshadow, hits hard and has surprisingly ok defensive utility by virtue of an Espeed immunity and regenerator to stave off hazard chip. Taunt allows it to totally cuck Bissey and generally function against stall

Kartana @ Spell Tag
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Spirit Shackle / Shadow Bone
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword

Stats: 59 / 206 / 126 / 84 / 26 / 109

Ghost / Grass / Fighting has perfect neutral coverage (even against cheeky ghost/normal, sans sap sipper spell tag drampa lol). Really just Kartana with a better STAB combo, probably nothing amazing due to subpar speed but it did well enough for me by using Dragonite as setup bait.

I'm not in the tournament but I'd be interested in playing this.

Here's something I cooked up:

Volcanion @ Soft Sand
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Shore Up
- Toxic
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake

Stats: 80 / 140 / 130 / 140 / 80 / 70

Amazing combo of typing and ability, great bulk, and very high mixed attacking stats. I'm sure there are many possible sets for it but this one takes maximum advantage of its mixed stats and Shore Up. Fire and Ground STAB also pair perfectly with Toxic.

Sorry the OP wasn't clear, do you get to use new attacks in addition to the new items?

Otherwise abilities and movepools stay the same.

• Pokémon holding Accessories can gain 1 additional move of the corresponding Accessory's type.
    Thousand Arrows, Chatter, Shell Smash, Shift Gear, Spore, Lovely Kiss
Huh, you're right.
By the way, if you see the banner, I can't remove it. I don't know why it's there.

Latios (M) @ Magnet
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Parabolic Charge
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Roost

sounds good on paper dragon/electric rip zecrom's 'signature type'

Latios (M) @ Magnet
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Parabolic Charge
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Roost

sounds good on paper dragon/electric rip zecrom's 'signature type'
ded meta
anyways, parabolic charge is too weak to be useful, and any primary dragon can "rip zecrom's signature type"

Here’s a set I kind of thought up on the spot:

Kartana @ Metal Coat
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sunsteel Strike
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off / Sacred Sword

Stats: 59 / 181 / 156 / 59 / 56 / 99

Probably better on paper than in practice. Originally, I thought Black Belt to get STAB Fighting, but I wasn’t sure how well that would go.

Last edited:
Could this mod be added onto in any way? I'm thinking of all the useless move type power reducing berries. What if those were changed to have their original effects, plus strictly defensive bonuses (using the same formula) and possible permanency?

Is this pet mod abandoned? There are several pet mods who were not locked, yet there hasn't been any discussion for months or even years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)