Doubles Mega Venusaur (Doubles)

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 28 SpA / 76 SpD / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power Fire / Giga Drain
- Leech Seed / Sleep Powder
- Protect / Synthesis

While at the first glance Mega Venusaur may seem to be a worse Amoonguss that also takes the Mega slot, this isn't true at all! Colossal bulk alongside Thick Fat lets Mega Venusaur annoy the opposition even more than Amoonguss does, and naturally decent Special Attack allows it to be less passive. Additionally, Mega Venusaur is a great answer to many popular threats like Tapu Fini, Kartana, and Gastrodon; both offensively with its solid coverage and defensively. The EV spread helps Mega Venusaur take on Zygarde and outpace uninvested Tapu Fini. When using Mega Venusaur, prioritize keeping it healthy over damaging the foes to retain its positive matchups. Mega Venusaur struggles against Steel-types, so checks to them like Incineroar and Landorus-T make for great partners. Steel-types themselves are also nice allies for Mega Venusaur, as they check Kyurem-B, Mega Salamence, and Tapu Lele, all of which are very threatening for Mega Venusaur. Some examples include Aegislash and Genesect.

Last edited:

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
  • I'd like you to expand a bit on why Mega Venu is solid right now, probably in a new sentence after you mention what it has over Amoonguss. Mention common threats it walls, point out those that it also checks offensively, and any other little things you might want to go over
  • Towards the end of the spotlight, I think it's important to touch on usage tips - primarily that Venu should often focus more on staying healthy than attacking to retain its positive matchups
  • With adding these things, to keep it from being too long, I think you can remove some of the details on the spread. e.g. Instead of "ensures that Mega Venusaur takes a +1 Zygarde Tectonic Rage", say "helps Mega Venusaur take on Zygarde". If I were writing this I might not even mention the other benchmarks, but the Speed could be worth highlighting so I'll leave that up to you
I trust you to implement these, QC 1/1

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
GP 1/1

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 28 SpA / 76 SpD / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power Fire / Giga Drain
- Leech Seed / Sleep Powder
- Protect / Synthesis

While at the first glance Mega Venusaur may seem just to be a worse Amoonguss that also takes the Mega slot, this isn't true at all! Colossal bulk alongside Thick Fat lets Mega Venusaur annoy the opposition even more than Amoonguss does, and naturally decent Special Attack allows it to be less passive. Additionnaly Additionally, Mega Venusaur is a great answer to many popular threats like Tapu Fini, Kartana, and Gastrodon; (ASC) both offensively with an appropriate its solid coverage and defensively. The EV spread helps Mega Venusaur take on Zygarde and outpace uninvested Tapu Fini. When using Mega Venusaur, prioritize keeping it healthy over damaging the foes to retain its positive matchups. Mega Venusaur struggles against Steel-types, so checks to them, (RC) like Incineroar and Landorus-T, (RC) make for great partners. Steel-types by itself themselves are also nice allies for Mega Venusaur, as they check Kyurem-B, Mega Salamence, and Tapu Lele, all of which are very threatening for Mega Venusaur. Some examples include Aegislash and Genesect.
If I counted right I think you're now at 999 characters :psyduck:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)