From Untiereds to Ubers

Cool idea for a pet mod, let me throw in my subs.

Pokémon: Farfetch’d
Typing: Fighting / Flying
Abilities: Super Luck / Sniper
Stats: 72 / 135 / 105 / 63 / 90 / 105 | 570 BST
New Moves: Stomping Tantrum, Drill Run, Karate Chop, Cross Chop, Sacred Sword, Leaf Blade, Blaze Kick, Flare Blitz, Aerial Stab**
Custom Move: Aerial Stab: 60 BP / 100% Acc / 16 PP / Flying Type / Has a high chance to crit (similar to Slash)
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Crits Galore! With both Super Luck and its signature item, the Stick, it will crit its moves 100% of the time. Even without Sniper, you can still use moves like Blaze Kick, Cross Chop, and Drill Run to guarantee them anyways. It’ll be a nice addition to Ubers as a revenge killer and sweeper with Swords Dance.

Last edited:
Custom Ability: Keen Eye: Increases accuracy of moves of user by 30% (Compound Eyes clone)
Custom Mechanic: Stick cannot be removed from Farfetch’d in battle, no matter the method
Custom Move Change: Air Cutter is now a
Air Cutter is now a...?

Anyway, on that topic, are you guys on board with minor mechanic changes like the ones Failure999 suggested? Personally, I like the idea. The big potential change on my mind is a Stealth Rock nerf, so that way we can explore more underutilized typings without them being completely neutered upon switch-in

Pokémon: Armaldo
Typing: Bug / Rock
Abilities: Skill Link / Defiant | Waterborn
Stats: 100 / 140 / 120 / 60 / 80 / 95 | 600 BST
New Moves:
Pin Missile, Arm Thrust, Cross Chop
New Ability: Waterborn - Water-type Steelworker clone.
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Skill Link abuser with a never really seen type combo.

Pokémon: Cradily
Typing: Grass / Rock
Abilities: Gooey / Storm Drain | Waterborn
Stats: 100 / 80 / 120 / 95 / 140 / 60 | 600 BST
New Moves:
Leech Seed, Grassy Terrain, Water Gun, Water Pulse, Scald, Surf, Waterfall, Liquidation, Aqua Ring
New Ability: Waterborn - Water-type Steelworker clone.
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Defensive hazard setter with annoying moves and never really seen type combo.

Pokémon: Tropius
Typing: Grass / Dragon
Abilities: Thick Fat / Harvest | Poison Heal
Stats: 110 / 110 / 85 / 110 / 115 / 70 | 600 BST
New Moves:
Aromatherapy, Grassy Terrain, Wood Hammer, Draco Meteor, Dragon Tail, Dragon Breath, Dragon Rush
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Versatile mon with good moves. Can either go defensive or offensive, physical or special

Last edited:

Pokémon: Flareon
Typing: Fire/Normal
Abilities: Fur Coat (Reckless)
Stats: 95 / 130 / 60 / 95 / 110 / 110 | 600 BST
New Moves: Sacred Fire, Extreme Speed, Play Rough, Wild Charge
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Fur Coat patches up its low defense stat, giving it an effective excellent stat spread. Sacred Fire and Extreme Speed comes from the theory that Entei is actually a Flareon that is risen from the dead. Normal typing boosts its priority Extreme Speed and STAB Double-Edge. With Fur Coat and Extreme Speed, it can set up Curse without worrying the Speed drop too much. Another option is Reckless, which trades physical bulk for more power on Flare Blitz, Wild Charge, and Double-Edge. Play Rough lets it hit Fighting-types such as Mega Mewtwo X and Marshadow on the switch.

Pokémon: Fearow
Typing: Ground/Flying
Abilities: Intimidate (Air Lock)
Stats: 95 / 110 / 123 / 61 / 111 / 100 | 600 BST
New Moves: Earthquake, Beak Blast, Swords Dance, Knock Off
Custom Move Description (what effects it has): blah blah effects
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Counters Primal Groudon like a boss. Intimidate neuters Groudon's power while Air Lock does the same on its weather. Its bulk is enough for it to make use of Beak Blast and potentially cripple physical attackers.

Pokemon: Floatzel
Typing: Water
Abilities: Safety Ring/Stakeout/Technician
Stats: 85/125/75/90/60/125 (Total: 560)
New Moves: Play Rough, Icicle Crash, Acrobatics, Air Slash, Rock Slide, Frost Breath
Custom Ability Info: Safety Ring - Prevents major status ailments.
Overview: Floatzel is now Water type Marshadow, but with another ability that entirely prevents status ailments (Comatose does the same thing but with the added part that it's always sleeping, so it does have some precedence). Stakeout is also there because Floatzel is a lifeguard Pokemon, and is likely employed to rescue people from drowning, which requires a watchful eye. However, Technician will most likely be the main ability it uses. With moves like Aqua Jet, Pursuit, and even a potential special set with Frost Breath, Floatzel might just work its way into Ubers.

holy submissions
when is voting
also slates could be a good idea, if they were VERY broad, like "hurts Yveltal" or a certain few types
Pokemon: Floatzel
Typing: Water
Abilities: Safety Ring/Stakeout/Technician
Stats: 85/125/75/90/60/125 (Total: 560)
New Moves: Play Rough, Icicle Crash, Acrobatics, Air Slash, Rock Slide, Frost Breath
Water is a bad type as a single physical STAB - Floatzel will have problems with Primal Groudon with no real Ground move.

Air Cutter is now a...?

Anyway, on that topic, are you guys on board with minor mechanic changes like the ones Failure999 suggested? Personally, I like the idea. The big potential change on my mind is a Stealth Rock nerf, so that way we can explore more underutilized typings without them being completely neutered upon switch-in
Rip, it was a work in progress. I’m personally ok with it being allowed or not as I’ll simply change my subs if not. My main worry with custom changes is that the changes and their resulting effect must be controlled so as to not create unanticipated side effects. For example, merging Stealth Rocks may help Articuno and Flareon, but it would also help the likes of Ho-Oh and Yveltal, which may not be what we want to achieve.

T.I.A.

formerly Ticktock
Pokémon: Shuckle
Typing: Bug / Rock
Abilities: Sturdy / Solid Rock / Sap Sipper (HA)
Stats: 110 / 30 / 165 / 100 / 165 / 70 | 640 BST
New Moves: U-Turn, Slime Ball (rename of Pollen Puff), Power Gem, Surf, Ice Beam, Energy Ball, Sludge Wave, Sleep Powder, Spikes, Toxic Spikes
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Well, I had to nerf its defenses, but....
248+ Atk Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Sunsteel Strike vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Solid Rock Shuckle: 199-235 (47 - 55.5%) -- 16% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Yeah, pretty bulky stuff. Anyways, it turns from a slow hazard setter, to a faster hazard setter with some actual power behind it. Solid Rock provides it with a decent way to live stuff and it actually functions as a somewhat acceptable Shell Smash sweeper with a immunity to Grass-type moves and solid coverage and STABs.

Pokémon: Pyukumuku
Typing: Water / Fighting
Abilities: Innards Out / Squishy (Takes half damage from all attacks) / Unaware (HA)
Stats: 100 / 150 / 80 / 150 / 80 / 20 | 580 BST
New Moves: A long list:
Scald, Liquidation, Surf, All fist moves except Plasma Fists and Double Iron Bash, Facade, Frustration, Return, Hidden Power, Round, Waterfall, Whirlpool, Water Sport, Water Pulse, Water Gun, Muddy Water, Hydro Pump, Brine, Brick Break, Superpower, Bulk Up, Low Sweep, Seismic Toss, Wake-Up Slap, Snore, Acid Spray, Sludge Bomb, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Poison Jab, Gunk Shot, Venoshock, Knock Off, Assurance, Brutal Swing, Fling, Thief, Throat Chop, Icy Wind, Infestation, Signal Beam, Gyro Ball, Nasty Plot, Swords Dance, Refresh
Competitive (niche in Ubers): The only way to save it....make it a Trick Room attacker. Sky high offensives, as well as solid bulk thanks to Aegis. I'm unsure how broken that would be, but its definitely better than no bulk. But to compesate, the defenses are lowered and the HP is raised. Again. At least it has a more offensive play style compared to Shuckle above. Water/Fighting to compesate for its use of a fist (Poison can also fit), and a long list of offensive STABs and coverage moves. All a way to make it unterrible. If its too broken, I'll adjust the stats and replace Squishy with Iron Fist.

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Air Cutter is now a...?

Ho-Oh is living proof that a bad typing does not mean a bad Pokémon. Even before Regenerator, I would love to find anyone who could argue for Ho-oh to drop to OU. The Pet Mod is not about changing existing mechanics, so I do not see why we should alter existing mechanics that would actively and unnecessarily harm or improve other Pokémon. Stuff like changing how Stealth Rock works or Berry Juice being a Pokémon specific Leftovers (what does this even do). We are just here to buff some ZU mons, and we really don't need to do all this fooey to do it.

T.I.A.

formerly Ticktock
Ho-Oh is living proof that a bad typing does not mean a bad Pokémon. Even before Regenerator, I would love to find anyone who could argue for Ho-oh to drop to OU. The Pet Mod is not about changing existing mechanics, so I do not see why we should alter existing mechanics that would actively and unnecessarily harm or improve other Pokémon. Stuff like changing how Stealth Rock works or Berry Juice being a Pokémon specific Leftovers (what does this even do). We are just here to buff some ZU mons, and we really don't need to do all this fooey to do it.
I also support for not having any mechanic changes.

Rip, it was a work in progress. I’m personally ok with it being allowed or not as I’ll simply change my subs if not. My main worry with custom changes is that the changes and their resulting effect must be controlled so as to not create unanticipated side effects.
You can just make a clone of Air Cutter (or just use STAB/Aeraliate Slash)

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
godspeed my friend. make him very fast
reserving the crab
lets do dis:
Pokémon: Crabominable
Typing: Ice/Fighting
Ability: Hyper Cutter/Iron Fist/Anger Point
Stats: 97/197/77/62/67/100 |600 BST
New Moves: Bullet Punch, Secret Punch, Fire Punch, Bullet Punch, Sucker Punch
Custom Move Information (if applicable): Secret Punch, Ghost-type, Physical, 75 BP, 100%, 24 PP
Custom Move Description (what effects it has): 10% chance to lower foe's Defense
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Do i even need to say this? 192 atk 100 speed..............fiiinneee.
Able to kill everything immediately, awesome scarfer. To put 192 atk into perspective, that would be the highest atk ever.

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Pokémon: Bastiodon
This mon is, to be frank, total bullshit. 117/168/156 bulk easily beats every tank in the tier (besides like Chansey), along with the inability to be crippled with poison and difficulty to be chipped by other walls:
0 SpA Splash Plate Arceus-Water Judgment vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Bastiodon: 102-121 (23.2 - 27.6%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
Chansey Seismic Toss vs. 252 HP Bastiodon: 100-100 (22.8 - 22.8%) -- guaranteed 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Dark Aura Yveltal Foul Play vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Bastiodon: 58-69 (13.2 - 15.7%) -- possibly the worst move ever
0 Atk Zygarde-Complete Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Filter Bastiodon: 73-87 (16.6 - 19.8%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Ho-Oh Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Filter Bastiodon: 100-121 (22.8 - 27.6%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

oh yeah it can't be trapped by gengar either unlike support arceus formes because:
252 SpA Gengar-Mega Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Bastiodon: 109-129 (24.8 - 29.4%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 Atk Bastiodon Knock Off vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar-Mega: 96-114 (36.7 - 43.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
4 Atk Bastiodon Anchor Shot vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar-Mega: 88-105 (33.7 - 40.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

oh yeah it doesn't even get rekt by se (and even some boosted se) attacks either:
252 Atk Life Orb Marshadow Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Filter Bastiodon: 183-218 (41.7 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
(metal burst then KO's)
252+ Atk Choice Band Ho-Oh Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Filter Bastiodon: 199-235 (45.4 - 53.6%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Groudon-Primal Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Filter Bastiodon: 162-190 (36.9 - 43.3%) -- 99% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
(metal burst does a shit ton of damage)
+2 252+ Atk Rayquaza Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Filter Bastiodon: 196-232 (44.7 - 52.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Filter Bastiodon: 186-220 (42.4 - 50.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
(metal burst then KO's)

and with the addition of:
  • the two best hazards in the tier
  • reliable recovery
  • ability to lower opponent's Attack easily
  • trapping move
  • ability to remove items
  • best pivoting move in the game
, will shoot power levels so much into spacea that all Ubers will eventually be forgotten in favor of ZU mons.

This works both ways: we can't have a Rampardos or Crabominable that 2HKOs half the physical walls available.
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Rampardos Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Arceus-Water: 231-273 (52 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Rampardos Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Arceus-Ground: 221-263 (49.7 - 59.2%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO
*note: arceus formes never run this much bulk, this is just for emphasis
252 Atk Life Orb Rampardos Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 195-230 (48.9 - 57.7%) -- 54.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
*note: this is not a usual set, this is just for emphasis
252 Atk Choice Band Crabominable Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Arceus-Water: 256-303 (57.6 - 68.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Its held back by being unable to fully handle defensive behemoths such as Lugia and Giratina
+2 252 Atk Whiscash Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 160+ Def Multiscale Lugia: 92-108 (22.1 - 25.9%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Whiscash Hydro Vortex (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 160+ Def Lugia: 367-433 (88.2 - 104%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Leftovers recovery
(whiscash breaks multiscale on the switch and KO's on the next turn, or just OHKO's if there's rocks or lugia is chipped or lugia didn't get an opportunity to roost up after a sub or something)
+2 252 Atk Whiscash Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 208+ Def Giratina: 237-279 (47.1 - 55.4%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
(giratina can't switch in, basically)
while also being hilariously counterswept by Choice Scarf Marshadow even at +2.
Choice Scarf Marshadow is also very rare and niche due to its low power, not having the boosts of Band/Orb/Bulk Up, so this is not a very good point to bring up.
A 4x Stealth Rock weakness and being walled by one of the most common Pokémon in the tier, Necrozma-DM
4x SR weakness doesn't hurt Volcarona's viability, and also
+2 252+ Atk Unfezant Supersonic Skystrike (190 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 335-394 (100 - 117.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(even if you don't have the option to z-move, you OHKO after a bit of chip: +2 252+ Atk Unfezant Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 283-333 (84.4 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO)

The point is that if this pet mod is to be taken seriously, assuming the point is to allow ZU mons to be included in the Ubers meta and not to dominate it, mons like these can't be allowed.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.

Pokémon: Persian
Typing: Normal / Ghost
Abilities: Intimidate / Dazzling / 9 Lives
Custom Ability Description (if applicable): “9 Lives” - When Persian faints, it triggers Lunar Dance (Heals all PP, all HP, and cures any Status condition of the incoming ally before entry hazards take effect).
Stats: 79 HP / 59 Atk / 79 Def / 119 SpA / 79 SpD / 139 Spe | 555 BST
New Moves: Lingering Blast
Custom Move Information (if applicable): Ghost-Type, Special, 100 BP, Sound Move, 100% Acc, 10 PP, “

“The user's piercing voice interrupts the opponents concentration, making it easier to strike”

Custom Move Description (what effects it has): After it successfully deals Damage, it lowers the Evasiveness of the opponent by 1 Stage (like Defog).

Added Z-Move/Item-
Item: Persianium-Z
Effect: Let’s it use the Z-Move “Lingering Surround” off of “Lingering Blast” noted above.

Custom Move Information (if applicable): Ghost-Type, Special, 195 BP, Sound Move, N/A (Z-attacks don’t miss) Acc, 1 PP

“The user's piercing voice covers the battlefield with a Magical Forcefield to disarm items for all active Pokémon””

Z-Move- “Lingering Surround”
Custom Move Description (what effects it has): After it successfully deals Damage, it causes the Magic Room effect (blocks the use of items for 5 turns; does not block Z-Crystals and Mega Stones).

Note- Don’t worry, unlike Trick Room, Magic Room has 0 Priority, rather than a negative Priority. Now, I think it could be coded the same way as Mew’s Genesis Supernova is, where it deals damage but then triggers Psychic Terrain at the end of the attack, if successful. Like a Dark-type / Wonder Guard Shedinja switching into Genesis Supernova, Lingering Surround will not trigger the field effect if a Pokémon immune to it *Normal-Type / Wonder Guard Shedinja* switches in and prevents it from executing

Competitive (niche in Ubers): Immune to its own attacks, and able to deal damage after setting up with Nasty Plot. Lingering Blast provides it a helpful niche against the many signature and other high-powered, low PP base moves that the opponent’s will be more likely to use in Uber’s.

Further, Persian is versatile in that it can take advantage of its Ghost-Typing to block Rapid Spin, escape from trapping effects, and use supportive moves thanks to Compound Eyes which boosts the accuracy of meta-relevant moves like Lovely Kiss.

Last edited:

T.I.A.

formerly Ticktock
Custom mechanic changes are now banned. It’s pretty clear that the overwhelming majority agrees on this point, which is why I left the decision up to you guys, and not me.

Voting will begin on Friday, so that Failure999 has enough time to fix up his submission.
Maybe at least a new move and ability based off of those changes (minus Stick). How about custom items? That could be interesting for a item-reliant Uber if they want.

Oh, and a Discord.

Maybe at least a new move and ability based off of those changes (minus Stick). How about custom items? That could be interesting for a item-reliant Uber if they want.

Oh, and a Discord.
New moves, abilities, and items are perfectly fine! Only changes to existing moves, abilities, and items aren’t allowed.
Unfortunately, I have zero experience with Discord, but if you guys want to make one, I can link it in the first post.

I mostly wanted to allow Farfetchd some leeway as I wanted to stick to the idea of the Stick being Farfetchd signature item but not want it to be completely nullified by a Knock Off. However, in the end, Im ok with changing it to fit the rules.

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
New moves, abilities, and items are perfectly fine! Only changes to existing moves, abilities, and items aren’t allowed.
Unfortunately, I have zero experience with Discord, but if you guys want to make one, I can link it in the first post.
I'll make up one today.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
don't you use Super Luck to guarantee crits if you have stick already
Sniper makes crits stronger

so many god damn normal ghosts
There was only 1 other Normal / Ghost, it was submitted by Anaconja , and it serves a separate role.

I didn’t see a list of done Pokémon (I went through the Untiered list and selected it). Persian being a Ghost makes sense since the Alolan-Persian is Dark, and being Normal is the type it has been since it was introduced in generation 1.

The thing I like about Persian is that it already has such a nice array of moves to take advantage of (status and other annoyance moves like Taunt), some surprise Special Attacks, and already good speed in its original stat distribution that I felt like I only added just enough for it to be relevant without being overpowered.

It reminds me a bit of Gengar and Alakazam, having a good supportive moves (Lovely Kiss), access to a variety of special attacks (Thunder), that can allow it to use Compound eyes. It can be a Special Sweeper with Dazzling supporting Tail Glow sets, and the new ability I introduced makes sure that something as frail as Persian can still be more than just a pushover, and give a second chance to a teammate.

It’s new attack also goes with the theme of the Pokémon in nature, and I tried to stay close to the lore of Persian, without being a generic Sweeper, hence the new attack that seems fitting for an aggressive and territorial Pokémon, that would be spiteful in behavior.

Do new moves and items include Z-Crystals and Z-moves (Signature)? For example giving Persian a Z-move for Lingering Blast?

Last edited:
Do new moves and items include Z-Crystals and Z-moves (Signature)? For example giving Persian a Z-move for Lingering Blast?
No problems here, just keep the secondary effect relatively simple unless you provide the code for it.

Anyway, it’s finally time for Slate 1 Voting! Since we have so many subs for so many diff mons this time, I will allow you to vote for up to six submissions. You can still only vote for one of your own subs, however.

Sorry I'm a few minutes late. Please don't disqualify me.
Competitive (niche in Ubers): The only way to save it....make it a Trick Room attacker.
That is simply not true. I know at least one other way.

Pokémon: Pyukumuku
Typing: water
Abilities: innards out / oblivious / unaware
Stats: 109 / 5 / 179 / 5 / 179 / 5 | 482 BST
New Moves: night shade, topsy-turvy

Competitive (niche in Ubers): This Pyukumuku is the single best unaware wall until another good unaware wall gets submitted. HP and defenses are raised for obvious reasons, and attack stats are lowered because Pyukumuku never uses them. Even though it's the only submission with less than 500 BST, this is definitely going to be a viable wall.

252+ Atk Groudon-Primal Precipice Blades vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Pyukumuku: 165-195 (39.1 - 46.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Oblivious gives it another possible niche as a taunt absorber. Night shade makes Pyukumuku slightly less helpless when the opponent uses taunt or is immune to toxic, and topsy-turvy lets Pyukumuku support its teammates who will most likely not have unaware.

Here are my votes:
Failure999’s Farfetch’d
OM!’s Persian
MegaFlareon’s Flareon
(lol)
Scoopapa’s Dewgong
Cookie Butter’s Regigigas
Jamis361’s Wigglytuff

Remember: each vote is an equal vote! Order doesn’t matter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)