Here are my votes:
Failure999’s Farfetch’d
OM!’s Persian
MegaFlareon’s Flareon
(lol)
Scoopapa’s Dewgong
Cookie Butter’s Regigigas
Jamis361’s Wigglytuff

Remember: each vote is an equal vote! Order doesn’t matter.
Thank you. I’ll vote for yours as well.
No problems here, just keep the secondary effect relatively simple unless you provide the code for it.

Anyway, it’s finally time for Slate 1 Voting! Since we have so many subs for so many diff mons this time, I will allow you to vote for up to six submissions. You can still only vote for one of your own subs, however.
Is it too late to add the Z-Crystal and Z-move to Persian?

I only ask because your approval happened in the same post as the voting process initiation.

My Z-move for Persianium-Z would be “Lingering Surround”:
Custom Move Information (if applicable): Ghost-Type, Special, 195 BP, N/A (Z-attacks don’t miss) Acc, 1 PP
“Spitefully surrounds the battlefield with an inescapable vengeful energy.”

Custom Move Description (what effects it has): After it successfully deals Damage, it causes the Magic Room effect (blocks the use of items for 5 turns; does not block Z-Crystals and Mega Stones).

Note- Don’t worry, unlike Trick Room, Magic Room has 0 Priority, rather than a negative Priority. Now, I think it could be coded the same way as Mew’s Genesis Supernova, where it deals damage but then triggers Psychic Terrain at the end of the attack, if successful. Like a Dark-type / Wonder Guard Shedinja switching into Genesis Supernova, Lingering Surround will not trigger the field effect if a Pokémon immune to it *Normal-Type / Wonder Guard Shedinja* switches in and prevents it from executing.
————
Voting

Persian - OM!
Wailord - Scoopapa
Wigglytuff - Jamis361
Solrock - Tmi489
Fearow - MegaFlareon
Farfetch’D Failure999

Last edited:
Thank you. I’ll vote for yours as well.

Is it too late to add the Z-Crystal and Z-move to Persian?

I only ask because your approval happened in the same post as the voting process initiation.
Yes, in retrospect I really should’ve given you time to add it, that was my bad :/
Anyway, I recommend buffing the base power to at least 180, so that way the signature Z isn’t outdamaged by regular old Ghostium.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Yes, in retrospect I really should’ve given you time to add it, that was my bad :/
Anyway, I recommend buffing the base power to at least 180, so that way the signature Z isn’t outdamaged by regular old Ghostium.
Cool I made it 195 so it packs a bigger punch and now that I have your approval I will also copy/paste to my original submission.

When does the voting here end? Just so people know when the deadline ends.

Also: THANK YOU! And for making a kickass metagame and being helpful, kind, and friendly throughout.

oh and another thing we want to be careful about in future slates
if we have too many checks to things like PDon, Marshadow, etc. it won't be ubers anymore

if we have too many checks to things like PDon, Marshadow, etc. it won't be ubers anymore
Rest assured, guys, the power level is something I’m planning to address before the next slate. We don’t want things getting too out-of-hand

Also just to point out, just cause it isn’t used very often doesn’t mean that it isn’t Ubers. Ubers essentially, in Smogon’s eyes afaik, is simply a ban list of pokémon too powerful for OU, so even if they aren’t used in Ubers, they will stay there. While I do agree on the point to try to be as balanced as possible, just a note on the phrasing

Also voting choice,
Solrock by Tmi489
Persian by OM!
Wigglytuff by Jamis361
Wailord by Scoopapa
Fearow by MegaFlareon
Farfetch’d by Failure999

SiTuM

destined for greatness
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Wailord of Scoopapa
Regigigas of Pixa Xreme
Solrock of Timi489
Sandslash of God of Llamas
Persian of OM
Kecleon on Anaconja

Watchog by GLuke
Regigigas by Pika Xreme
Kecleon by Anaconja
Wailord by Scoopapa
Unfezant by God of Llamas
Flareon by MegaFlareon

As long as we check them using rock paper scissors-style game mechanics ( i.e. the right typing, moves or abilities, and stat bias ) as opposed to just making them faster / stronger / bulkier then we should be fine. Just make sure other stuff in Ubers can beat your proposed check without having to get lucky or make difficult predictions.

Slate 1 Votes are in! Here are the results:
OM!’s Persian 5
Scoopapa’s Wailord 5
Failure999’s Farfetch’d 4
Jamis361’s Wigglytuff 4
Anaconja's Kecleon 4
Tmi489's Solrock 4

Scoopapa’s Dewgong 3
Regigigas of Pixa Xreme 3
MegaFlareon's Fearow 3
MegaFlareon’s Flareon 2
Cookie Butter’s Regigigas 2
God of Llamas's Sandslash 2
sumwun's Pyukumuku 2
Watchog by GLuke 1
Unfezant by God of Llamas 1

With that, we come to the end of the first Slate! Thanks to everyone for participating. Now, before we move on to Slate 2 subs, I believe we should discuss the general power level. I have a few points, but the first and most pressing in my mind is keep the min-maxing to a minimum. I know we are working with the Ubers tier here, but that is precisely why I only encouraged a 600 BST limit, and did not enforce it. There are a couple of ways to deal with this, but I’ll make one request for now: please keep all non-Speed stats at least above 60 on all subs. This is not a hard rule, per say, but rather just something to keep in mind. Fair subs can still be made with sub-60 stats, for example Scoopapa’s Wailord, which is why I only encourage restraint for now. As for power level, just remember that this is Ubers, i.e. the highest offenses get is more like 180/150/90 itemless, and not like 180/180/115 with a boosting item.

edit: whoops if we weren't supposed to submit yet but i'll keep this in anyway
also kinda upset kecleon made it in since it can't really abuse assault vest but its fine

Pokémon: Golduck
Typing: Water
Abilities: Damp / Cloud Nine / Swift Swim
Stats: 100 HP / 82 Atk / 68 Def / 132 SpA / 80 SpD / 103 Spe | 575 BST
New Moves: Water Spout, Origin Pulse, Nasty Plot
Competitive (niche in Ubers): GOLDUCK FOR UBERS! The ultimate Primal Groudon killer! Golduck is made to be a Kyorge for a new generation - where Cloud Nine destroys any chance of a Groudon switchin. Golduck runs extremely threatening Choice Specs or Scarf sets to utterly destroy switchins.
Golduck is even better under Sticky Web (which isn't lacking in users), where it can even Nasty Plot. Slower teams in general have an easier time with Choice, but die to Nasty Plot. The Kyorge Clone is not nearly as strong without Rain on its side, but we can't have Golduck be absolutely broken. Water Spout tops off the clone, dealing big damage probably only once.
However, it relies on heavy prediction, because its a primary Choice user, and doesn't have nearly the same bulk as Kyorge. Also has trouble running Modest Specs, since if it does then its outsped by Jolly Groudon - but without Modest or Specs, it has trouble picking up OHKOs. Water Spout can be chipped easily with priority or just faster 'Mons. Relatively slow and frail makes it easily revenge killed if not running Scarf. Also walled by Kyorge itself and other dedicated special walls.
252 SpA Choice Specs Golduck Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 186-219 (46.7 - 55%) -- 10.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Golduck Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 52 SpD Giratina: 244-288 (48.5 - 57.2%) -- 46.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
you don't know how much i wanted to give it 150 spa

Pokémon: Golem
Typing: Rock / Ground
Abilities: Rock Head / Climber / Adaptability
Stats: 110 HP / 120 Atk / 150 Def / 55 SpA / 90 SpD / 45 Spe | 590 BST
New Moves: Rapid Spin, Head Smash, Knock Off, Rock Trip, Collapse
Custom Ability Description: Climber: Immune to all entry hazards.
Custom Move Information:
Rock Trip: 85 BP / Physical / Rock / 100% Acc. / 30% to Paralyze AND Lower Speed by 2
Collapse: 250 BP / Physical / Ground / 100% Acc. / Halves Opponent's Defense in Calc / User Faints
* Collapse may be changed back into a Rock move
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Aims to be what Gen 2 Golem was - a threatening spinner that can Explode on the metagame.
Golem can switch in over and over and remove pressure from certain physical attacks. Its amazing Adaptability STAB combination lets it prevent any switchins, especially when a major STAB has a 30% to let Golem outspeed. And then everything that doesn't resist will die with a Collapse - I had to remove Sturdy. As for abilities, Adaptability is obviously preferred, but Rock Head allows for decently strong Head Smashes.
Golem has some big flaws. It loses to top tiers like Groudon, Necrozma-DM, Marshadow etc., but they can't switch in (and Golem can often take a hit anyway). Most other Uber Pokemon already have some form of coverage for it, or can hit from the Special side. While supposed to take all these hits, Golem is slow and can't heal outside of rest - forcing an explosion eventually. A Ground-Type Collapse gives Parasect and any fliers the power to switch in and potentially get lured, creating mindgames.

Pokémon: Shedinja
Typing: Bug / Ghost
Abilities: Wonder Shield / Wonder Skin
Custom Ability Description: Wonder Shield: Wonder Guard + Klutz
Stats: 8* HP / 130 Atk / 45 Def / 110 SpA / 30 SpD / 85 Spe | 408 BST
* Shedinja is locked to 8HP
New Moves: Spectral Thief, Knock Off, Dark Pulse, Play Rough, Moonblast, U-Turn, Earthquake, Earth Power, Magic Coat, Nasty Plot
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Wonder Guard, but can actually switch in! Its still extremely limited in how many times it can do so without heavy support.
Wonder Guard is powerful, no explanation needed. Still, it faces loads of weaknesses because of its typing, and dies to the Mold Moves. In the field, its most effective as a pivot for certain threats like Xern, Primal Kyorge, some of our subs, and Lucario. Spectral Thief is hard steal boosts with but gives Shedinja good STAB. Magic Coat makes Toxic/Leech Seed/Wisp more risky, though 4MSS makes it hard to fit in. Resttalk can be run as Shedinja has no other form of recovery.
However, it dies to any form of Pursuit, or Marshadow itself. It also can only switch in so many times w/o hazard support or Rest (or Z-Move). Also almost every good Uber has some move that can take it out.

If I need to pair golem with its alolan form:
Pokémon: Golem-Alola
Typing: Rock / Electric
Abilities: Magnet Pull / Sturdy / Galvanize
Stats: 95 HP / 130 Atk / 140 Def / 55 SpA / 85 SpD / 85 Spe | 590 BST
New Moves: Zap Cannon, Pulverize, Rock Trip
Custom Move Information:
Pulverize: 80 BP / Physical / Electric / 100% Acc. / Contact / Super Effective on Steel Types
Rock Trip: 85 BP / Physical / Rock / 100% Acc. / 30% to Paralyze AND Lower Speed by 2
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Aimed to absolutely Pulverize any future and current Steel Types in the metagame, scaring Necrozma-DM off the usage charts for good. At least it'll bring back Solgaleo, in order to outspeed Golem. Rather niche, but very powerful for teams that need trapping control.

Pokémon:
Typing:
Abilities:
Custom Ability Description:
Stats: HP / Atk / Def / SpA / SpD / Spe | ### BST
New Moves:
Custom Move Information:
Competitive (niche in Ubers):

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
As Jamis361 and I discussed. Here is the Discord link to our Pet Mod!

https://discord.gg/bJfXJcd

Here we can discuss the metagame between slates, coders can identify themselves to support the implementation of these changes and we can further keep immediate dialogue there, as we move between voting and the next slates.

Last edited:
Well, since Tmi jumped the gun a little bit, I guess we might as well begin the next slate!
With that, Slate 2 Submissions are now open! I will remind everyone again to keep the power of your submissions in check, at least a little bit. Also, if you're so inclined, feel free to check out our new Spreadsheet and tell me what y'all think! it took me an eternity to type out all those mons

Pokémon: Luvdisc
Typing:

Abilities: Hydration / Marvel Scale / Multiscale
Stats: 103 / 60 / 85 / 90 / 95 / 107 | 540 BST
New Moves: Lovely Kiss, Quiver Dance, Recover, Moonblast, Refresh
Custom Item: Love Armor
Love Armor: If held, boosts Luvdisc's Def and SpD stats by 1.5x and adds the Steel typing (Love Armor cannot be removed from Luvdisc).​
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Ah, Luvdisc. You're so bad. The trouble with this Pokémon is, it don't look like much. So, I kept the stats relatively tame for an Uber. However, where this thing really shines is with its new signature item, the Love Armor. An incredible never-before-seen type combination in Water-Fairy-Steel brings some amazing resistances to the table, as well as a much-luv'd immunity to Toxic. An incredible boosting move in Quiver Dance and access to instant recovery make this thing a huge defensive threat. It even has Moonblast for a phenominal mono-Attacking set. Lovely Kiss is pretty nice as well, allowing for safer set-up opportunities. However, Luvdisc is held back a little bit by its huge weakness to Primal Groudon, but with proper team support, it can come out and sweep through unsuspecting opponents.

Pokémon: Rapidash
Typing:

Abilities: Flash Fire / Pixilate / Hard Hooves
Hard Hooves: Raises the power of contact moves by 1.3x (Tough Claws clone).​
Stats: 95 / 130 / 70 / 90 / 80 / 135 | 600 BST
New Moves: Play Rough, Sacred Sword, U-turn
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Rocking the yet-unseen fantastic offensive typing of Fire-Fairy, Rapidash finally makes its mark on the competitive scene. Rapidash would have the unique option of either more powerful Fairy STAB, or more powerful Fire STAB and coverage options. Speaking of coverage, this thing's got it out the wazoo: Fighting, Ground, Electric, everything you could possibly want on such an offensive monster. A large HP increase allows Rapidash to more easily spam its strong recoil moves, whether that be Flare Blitz, Wild Charge, or Pixilate-boosted Double-Edge. It's still pretty frail, and Fire-Fairy really isn't the best defensively, so it's all about making the right calls and bringing Rapidash in when your opponent least expects it. Of course, if you're so inclined, U-turn is great for momentum, even if it costs Rapidash a valuable moveslot for coverage. (I was gonna give it Extreme Speed, but after some consideration I decided it would be way too broken)

Bellossom.gif
Pokémon: Bellossom
Typing:

Abilities: Chlorophyll / Poison Heal / Natural Cure
Stats: 90 / 85 / 110 / 105 / 115 / 95 | 600 BST
New Moves: Fiery Dance, Earth Power
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Rounding out the Fire-Water-Grass(-Fairy) core of my subs this time around, we have Bellossom, a Pokémon with so much potential that GF has yet to tap into. With a requisite stat buff and the addition of Poison Heal (a thematically appropriate ability to have, considering its pre-evolutions), Bellossom is already stellar! Quiver Dance and Strength Sap are both godsends here, and Poison Heal, of course, blocks status. Extra coverage options in Fiery Dance and Earth Power give Bellossom more of an ability to handle its checks. Unfortunately, super weak to Ho-Oh and most variants of P-Don, but it brings enough to the table to warrant a use.

Last edited:
Resubbing with modifications cuz I'm too lazy to make new subs

Pokémon: Bastiodon
Typing: Steel / Rock
Abilities: Sturdy / Filter / Dry Skin
Stats: 99 HP / 87 Atk / 166 Def / 60 SpA / 141 SpD / 27 Spe | 580 BST
New Moves: Gyro Ball, Knock Off, U-turn, Pain Split
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Basically the same thing I explained in my previous post except for the fact it still maintains its garbage defensive typing, as well as having a reduction in its overall bulk. It also no longer gets access to some of the moves that pushed it over the edge, namely Anchor Shot, King's Shield, Spikes, Parting Shot, and Slack Off. To compensate, I gave it U-turn instead so that it would be forced to take damage from Rocky Helmet or any pokes running Rough Skin, as well as Pain Split to at least give it some form of recovery while also being able to chip high HP foes like defensive Arceus formes. Dry Skin was also added as a nice tech to counter Primal Ogre not running EQ, but leaves it weak to PDon's Fire moves in return.

Pokémon: Rampardos
Typing: Rock / Fighting
Abilities: Mold Breaker / Rock Head / Iron Fist
Stats: 96 HP / 150 Atk / 92 Def / 60 SpA / 79 SpD / 93 Spe | 570 BST
New Moves: Accelerock, Close Combat, Drain Punch, Mach Punch, Gunk Shot, Knock Off, Pebble Punch
Custom Move Information (if applicable): Pebble Punch, 75 BP, 100% Acc.,
Custom Move Description (what effects it has):
Competitive (niche in Ubers):
Same thing as before, except also nerfed as well by lowering its attack and already mediocre bulk so it has to be more careful switching in. I also replaced Sheer Force with the absolutely not-broken ability Iron Fist and gave it a new signature move to go with it.
This can still act as a powerful wallbreaker and definitely gives Marshadow competition, though not at the insane level of power it was before.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Well, since Tmi jumped the gun a little bit, I guess we might as well begin the next slate!
With that, Slate 2 Submissions are now open! I will remind everyone again to keep the power of your submissions in check, at least a little bit. Also, if you're so inclined, feel free to check out our new Spreadsheet and tell me what y'all think! it took me an eternity to type out all those mons
I think it may be good to also add the spreadsheet to the OP, and more importantly cross off the “done” winning slates from the Untiered Pokemon List, bc while it won’t be an issue now it will be harder to see what we did a few slates from now, and that could mean we have to scour through to ensure we don’t get repeat submissions.

Using the Strikethrough command on that list could be an easy way to say what is no longer available as an option.

Also, after this slate and voting is done, we should ask what is currently left unchecked in both new and old Pokémon. It will help us determine what the 3rd slate should focus on.

—————

Pokémon: Lunatone
Typing: Dark / Fairy
Abilities: Misty Terrain / Solid Rock / Gravitate
Custom Ability Description: “Gravitate” - Activates Gravity (5 Turns) when it switches into battle.
Stats: 105 HP / 60 Atk / 105 Def / 105 SpA / 105 SpD / 100 Spe | 580 BST
New Moves: Night Daze, Moongeist Beam, Lunar Dance
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Immunity to Psychic, Dragon, and resistances to Dark and Ghost are very helpful in the Ubers Tier. Having a fairly bulky Pokémon can allow it to carve out a niche with its unique type that lets it fit into Ubers, and fulfill a variety of roles.
Ability niche: Solid Rock allows it to handle take super effective hits more. Gravitate supports Ground moves, hazards, and low accuracy moves, and Misty Terrain defends your team against Dragon and status moves.

Custom Item Description: “Density Amplifier” - Extends the duration of Gravity to 8 Turns.

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

Pokémon: Dedenne
Typing:
/

Abilities: Cheek Pouch, Sap Sipper
Stats: 117 / 58 / 107 / 101 / 117 / 100 (600 BST)
New Moves: +Dazzling Gleam, Moonblast, Parting Shot, Slack Off, Spikes, Taunt
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Fast, bulky support. GO CHIPPY

Pokémon: Regigigas
Typing:
/

Abilities: Regi Soul
Custom Ability Description (if applicable):
Regi Soul: 1.3x power on Ice, Rock and Steel moves (Sand Force clone)
Stats: 110 / 160 / 110 / 110 / 110 / 80 (680 BST)
New Moves: +Energy Ball, Flash Cannon, Giga Drain, Ice Beam, Leech Seed, Meteor Mash, Power Gem, Power Whip, Synthesis, Wood Hammer
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Powerful tank that can check Primal Kyogre, Lunala, Ferrothorn and most Arceus variants.

Pokémon: Crabominable
Typing:
/

Abilities: Rampage, Iron Fist, Hyper Cutter
Custom Ability Description (if applicable):
Rampage: Moves that lower this Pokemon's stats have 1.3x BP (Iron Fist clone).
Stats: 97 / 202 / 87 / 62 / 77 / 75 (600 BST)
New Moves: +Hammer Arm, Swords Dance
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Basically what Heracross is to UU: flounders in most other match-ups, but against stall it might as well be an auto-win.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)