Programming USUM Random Battles/Monotype Random Battles Damage Calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
yes, i just used it before the comment
no, it's not. you might be confusing it with battle factory.

===

We've recently had a large number of huge game-changing updates courtesy of The Immortal. There will be changes to fix the problems caused by these huge changes, changes to fix the problems caused by the changes fixing the problems caused by the huge changes, changes to fix the problems caused by the changes fixing the problems caused by the changes fixing the problems caused by the huge changes, and changes to fix the problems caused by the changes fixing the problems caused by the changes fixing the problems caused by the changes fixing the problems caused by the huge change.

For the time being, I'm going to hold off on updating the calc until the dust settles. There have been radical changes to ability and item generation, along with movepools and move generation, so consider the calc inaccurate. If, for some reason, you're playing on an older build of PS, it'll work just dandy so I'll leave it up for that.

pre

pkmn.cc
https://calc.pokemonshowdown.com/randoms.html should be live, and hopefully has all of the features of the previous calc (thanks so much Wigglytuff, A Cake Wearing A Hat, Lego, pokeblade101 for the work you did there!)

This new implementation gets its data from usage stats (thanks The Immortal for the idea), so doesn't require manual intervention to keep up to date. We still need to be sure to gather usage stats and deploy a new calc in response to format changes, but since the process is mostly automated it should be fairly maintainable going forward.

Some things which might not be obvious:

- Pokemon who are not present in the format will show up in italic in the Pokemon dropdown (theyre still left in though with blank sets in case theyre added to the format before we have a chance to update the usage stats)
- All possible Abilities/Items/Moves are listed as 'pools' in the order that they appear in the usage stats, with non damaging moves being italicized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)