Done Fixing simultaneous challenges

Jaajgko

I will disband the soccer club
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I don't know if the team is already because it is a common issue but I didn't see it on the in progress list. The issue is, sometimes when 2 players need to face each other for a tournament, so one player challenges the other one but as he sends the challenge, the other player is also picking a team and sending a challenge. Then, both players get a challenge and both accept, which leads to this situation :
I don't remember it happening before, so my suggestion is : if someone already challenged you, you cannot challenge this same person back until you answered to his challenge. It is a really important issue as sometimes tournament players end up using two different teams against a player who has brought the same team twice, which can lead to the player with two teams picking the most favorable matchup or having revealed a team he wanted to keep hidden for later. Wether this is already in fixing phase or I am the first to bring it up I hope it gets fixed before SSD and OLT playoffs.

Alternatively: if you attempt to challenge a player in some format, the process of doing so should cause the server to first check if your desired opponent has a pending challenge against you in that same format, and if so, it should take the opportunity to play "matchmaker" and reinterpret your challenge request as a response to their challenge. No need to say "you have to cancel this request, then go back and, in a separate step, reselect the team so you can answer theirs".

pre

pkmn.cc
Alternatively: if you attempt to challenge a player in some format, the process of doing so should cause the server to first check if your desired opponent has a pending challenge against you in that same format, and if so, it should take the opportunity to play "matchmaker" and reinterpret your challenge request as a response to their challenge.
This part is done (available after the next restart), but we might also change the UI to separate incoming and outgoing challenges such that a player would also be able to issuing a challenge if one comes in from their intended opponent at the same time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)