Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet / Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold / Impish Nature
- Roost
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Toxic / Brave Bird

After being overshadowed by Celesteela for the entirety of USM OU, Skarmory has finally come into its own in the tier. It has recently seen a large influx in usage on bulky balance and stall teams, as it can check some very prevalent threats to those archetypes, such as Kartana, Swords Dance Gliscor, Choice Band Tapu Bulu, and Excadrill. Skarmory is also a great Spikes setter thanks to the large number of switch-in opportunities it can provide with its fantastic defensive typing and physical bulk. As far as teammates go, nothing can top Chansey; it's a fantastic blanket check to specially offensive Pokemon that Skarmory struggles with like Ash-Greninja, Mega Alakazam, Rotom-W, and Volcarona while also being able to set up Stealth Rock and form a hazard stacking core alongside Skarmory.

Last edited:
comments in purple things to remove in red
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Toxic

I think Brave Bird should be slashed behind Toxic, but I don't feel too strongly about it so I'll leave it up to you.

After being overshadowed by Celesteela since its release, Skarmory has finally come into its own in SM OverUsed. Since its release isn't very accurate, Skarmory started off pretty well in SM, being A- at 1 point if I remember correctly. Its decline really started after Arena Trap got banned. It has recently seen a large influx in usage on bulkier balance and stall teams as it can check some very prevalent threats to those archetypes, such as Kartana, Swords Dance Gliscor, Choice Band Tapu Bulu, and Excadrill. Skarmory is also a great Spikes setter thanks to the large number of switch-in opportunities provided by its fantastic defensive typing and physical bulk. As far as teammates go, you can't top Chansey; it's a fantastic blanket check to specially offensive Pokemon that Skarmory struggles with like Ash-Greninja, Rotom-W, and Volcarona while also being able to set up Stealth Rock and form a hazard stacking core alongside Skarmory. Mega Alakazam definitely needs to be mentioned; the fact that Skarmory cannot check Mega Alakazam despite being a Steel-type is very significant and a major reason why it pairs up so well with Chansey.
1/1

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
add remove
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Toxic / Brave Bird

After being overshadowed by Celesteela for the entirety of USM OU, Skarmory has finally come into its own in the tier. It has recently seen a large influx in usage on bulkier bulky balance and stall teams, (AC) as it can check some very prevalent threats to those archetypes, such as Kartana, Swords Dance Gliscor, Choice Band Tapu Bulu, and Excadrill. Skarmory is also a great Spikes setter thanks to the large number of switch-in opportunities it can provide with provided by its fantastic defensive typing and physical bulk. As far as teammates go, you can't nothing can top Chansey; it's a fantastic blanket check to specially offensive Pokemon that Skarmory struggles with like Ash-Greninja, Mega Alakazam, Rotom-W, and Volcarona while also being able to set up Stealth Rock and form a hazard stacking core alongside Skarmory.
1/1 :blobthumbsup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)