Pokemon Masters

It takes 300 gems to get a sync pair and the tutorial only gives you like 140 so you'll have do a bit of the main story first.
You can easily get around 6k gems in a few days.
Around 3-4k just from the story and side quests, the rest from completing dailies and other missions.
Don't be hasty, save them all.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Holy Miltanks! I was expecting them to have the fitting themes we all know for each trainer, but I wasn't expecting them to give them all full remixes!

Trainer Battle (Kanto Trainer): Remix of the classic Kanto theme. Honestly didn't change that much, though changed up the instruments now and again to keep it fresh.

But after that is where we start seeing the remixes, though "remix" should be taken loosely as while it obviously has the parts we recognize they either add in, expand, or completely change other segments making it its own track separate from the original source pretty much (there's also a possibility of them throwing in some other themes):

Kanto Gym Leader/Elite Four: After the build-up the pace is picked up until it gets to a point where it sounds more dramatic breaking up the speedy pace which is then goes back to.
Boss Trainer (Kanto Champion): The song heard in the trailers, it wasn't until now do I realize it's a remix of Blue's theme! This time they have a heavier focus on stringed instruments and horns.
Johto Gym Leader/Elite Four: I think here it's the instrument choice which stands out as it's not normal sounds you here, it sort of gives it an Arabian feel I wanna say... and then suddenly it switches back to the Johto Gym Leader/Elite Four before repeating.
Hoenn Gym Leader: YOU WANT FRENCH HORNS? WE GOT YOUR FRENCH HORNS! While the drums and piano is certainly still there in the background, they really put more emphasis on the horns (and violins) giving it a more classical sounding tune.
Hoenn Elite Four: While the original was already dramatic, this one takes it to the eleventh degree! Not all the way through, of course, adding some lighter beats at the end to bring down the tension before repeating.
Sinnoh Gym Leader: They really went out of their way to make this one different, also sounds like something I'd hear in a Shantae game.
Sinnoh Elite Four: "Wait, aren't Sinnoh's Gym Leader & Elite Four the same"? Yes and no, the original tracks were the same music but played slightly differently. In fact I would say the Elite Four version here more sounds like the original track then the Gym Leader's.
Sinnoh Frontier Brain: Already this one starts differently as it's tune is vaguely similar until it goes into the more recognizable part. It's also a lot more heavily synthesized. Also, I think they maybe added in the tune you get when you win a Symbol.
Vs Barry: I just can not smirk with these theme. So much more jaunty! Especially with the horns at the beginning. Sounds like it's being played by a marching band at points.
Unova Gym Leader: Unova seems to try combine it's synthesized parts with classical sounding instruments in the background. Not only that but they throw in both the Low HP music and the "Gym Leader's Last Pokemon" theme!
Unova Elite Four: Original Unova Elite Four was a bit of a dark and moody theme, and though this version starts keeping it that way it soon changes things up to make it more jazzy.
Kalos Gym Leader: A wave of synthesized noise with heavier drum beats and a guitar. I wonder if any inspiration came from Korrina's "Successor" version of the theme.
Alola Island Kahuna: At first it sounded like I was listening to a track from a Metal Gear game... and then the lighthearted part of the theme starts to play. Just as jarring as in the original, lol. Its this duality of the intense beginning/end and the the more upbeat middle section I think they played with more than they did in the original.
Alola Elite Four: They not only keep the rather sinister sounding of the theme but amp it up, almost making is an atmospheric piece like one you'd hear while exploring a dark underground cave.
Vs Hau: Much like Hau's version of the Alola Champion Theme in USUM, it takes a while before the most recognizable parts of Hau's theme comes in. Meanwhile just enjoy the lively but laid back tropical beat.
Pokemon Center: A much more livelier version of the theme many trainers has grown up with. In fact this sounds more like an early route theme, a tune to make you want to get you adventuring.
Poke Mart: Took me a while to re-recognize the Mart theme, the sped up pace really disguises it. Theme pretty much screams "hurry up, get your stuff, and get back out there"!

BTW, the new music is also great:

Cafe/Edit Team
Pasio Mountains
Vs. Protagonist Theme (Brendan & Rosa)
Vs. Team Break
Vs. Lear

EDIT: Forgot Hoenn Frontier Brain.

Last edited:

First story event announced: Reach for the Top, featuring Blue and Pidgeot.
If you can't complete it this time around, it will be re-released at a future date.
Blue and Pidgeot will also be featured in Sync Pair Scout. This Pidgeot will know Air Cutter and can mega evolve.

If you log in every day between 8/28 and 10/16, you can roll up to 10 new sync pairs.

First story event announced: Reach for the Top, featuring Blue and Pidgeot.
If you can't complete it this time around, it will be re-released at a future date.
Blue and Pidgeot will also be featured in Sync Pair Scout. This Pidgeot will know Air Cutter and can mega evolve.

If you log in every day between 8/28 and 10/16, you can roll up to 10 new sync pairs.
So I’m guessing this is going to PM version of Grand Hero Battles from FEH, in which by defeating the opponent, you get a free copy of that unit.

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
is a Contributor to Smogon
This Pidgeot will know Air Cutter and can mega evolve.
Every Pokemon that has been granted a Mega Evolution in the games will be able to Mega Evolve. You get Lucario and the rollerblader Gym Leader from X&Y early on in the story iirc. Her Lucario can Mega Evolve, so can Bugsy's Beedrill and so on. To mega Evolve a pokemon all you have to do is just activate their sync boost move. After Mega Evolving some pokemon get new moves in place of their old ones for the duration of the battle. Mega Lucario gets Power-Up Punch over Vaccum Wave for example.

You can easily get around 6k gems in a few days.
Around 3-4k just from the story and side quests, the rest from completing dailies and other missions.
Don't be hasty, save them all.
Almost all of those are from one-time missions only. If they don't change anything between the pre-launch and the actual launch, then the max amount of farmable gems is just 30 per day or a single random roll every 10 days. It would take you around ~800 days to complete a collection with perfect luck without spending any money if I did the math right. Even if you did spend money, it would cost you $240 with perfect luck.

Not much of a bonus. Looks like they just doubled the daily login amount from 30 to 60.

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Was wondering if you guys know how nicknames work. I managed to grab "wigglytuff" before the servers went to shit, but does that mean I am the only one to have that account?

Was wondering if you guys know how nicknames work. I managed to grab "wigglytuff" before the servers went to shit, but does that mean I am the only one to have that account?
I don’t know how they work but I suspect that nicknames can be held by many people seeing as how there's a sort of “friend code” the game uses. I assume that part is what is unique to each player. Anyway I got JTD783.

Also, the game is out for iOS now.

Guys dont even try. It’s a complete waste if time. Another corporate cash grab game.

Played through three chapters of the main story so far and It’s just not worth it.

First of all you’re not collecting Pokemon but trainers. Idk who’s terrible idea it was but it’s just not the Pokemon game we all know.

And whats worse is that they have a once per day discount event where you can use 100 diamonds to collect a trainer. The twist is (they literally say it) you need to use “PAID diamonds” instead of the free and limited diamonds they give you through the story or missions.

I hope I’ve saved other peoples precious time. I left a review. I had to give it a one star to post a review, otherwise I wouldn’t even give it a star.

...ok, ignroing that, dor thos of you who managed to get in, who was your first sync pair? I ended up with Candice, with Gardenia as my 2nd after that.

DHR-107 you may want to create a separate pull thread for this game, because trust after playing FEH, people will want to show off and discuss their pulls.

I tried playing game, but there seems to be an Internet problem so I couldn't play. Managed to link my Nintendo Account. For those of you who have played this game, how hard is the game, and are there any difficulty settings? FEH has difficulties ranging from Normal to Abyssal; of course I'm not expecting Pokemon to have terribly difficult settings the fact that this is a mobile game that easily be updated makes me wonder if they are trying difficulty settings.

...ok, ignroing that, dor thos of you who managed to get in, who was your first sync pair? I ended up with Candice, with Gardenia as my 2nd after that.
Nice pairs! My first sync pair w/ gems was Bugsy.
Pretty happy with that as Bugsy is one of my favorite gym leaders, and beedrill is pretty cool.

I just finished the tutorial and am waiting for another hour when they distribute the first log in bonus. Waiting to see how many gems that gives us to roll. Wouldn’t want to advance too far into the story, get a bad roll, then have to redo everything.

EDIT: 1,300 confirmed

My first five rolls ended up being: Lunatone, Ariados, Treecko, Solrock, Voltorb. Treecko would’ve been alright but I already have Snivy so like... smh

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Guys dont even try. It’s a complete waste if time. Another corporate cash grab game.

Played through three chapters of the main story so far and It’s just not worth it.

First of all you’re not collecting Pokemon but trainers. Idk who’s terrible idea it was but it’s just not the Pokemon game we all know.

And whats worse is that they have a once per day discount event where you can use 100 diamonds to collect a trainer. The twist is (they literally say it) you need to use “PAID diamonds” instead of the free and limited diamonds they give you through the story or missions.

I hope I’ve saved other peoples precious time. I left a review. I had to give it a one star to post a review, otherwise I wouldn’t even give it a star.
Almost all of those are from one-time missions only. If they don't change anything between the pre-launch and the actual launch, then the max amount of farmable gems is just 30 per day or a single random roll every 10 days. It would take you around ~800 days to complete a collection with perfect luck without spending any money if I did the math right. Even if you did spend money, it would cost you $240 with perfect luck.
I just want to point out here that $250 dollars for total completion (with good luck) is surprisingly cheap for these sorts of games. In a number of other Gacha style games, $250 would not even max out a single character on average (some of those games have over 100 characters). This doesn't seem to be too cash grabby at the moment, but we will have see how it goes and how broken certain things are.

DHR-107 you may want to create a separate pull thread for this game, because trust after playing FEH, people will want to show off and discuss their pulls.

I tried playing game, but there seems to be an Internet problem so I couldn't play. Managed to link my Nintendo Account. For those of you who have played this game, how hard is the game, and are there any difficulty settings? FEH has difficulties ranging from Normal to Abyssal; of course I'm not expecting Pokemon to have terribly difficult settings the fact that this is a mobile game that easily be updated makes me wonder if they are trying difficulty settings.
I mean, I can make a channel on the discord for pull screenhots, but otherwise just use this thread for all discussion going forwards. If anyone wants to update the OP, let me know and I can transfer control to them/the second post to them so we can have some continuity.

I'm just waiting on the download now, hope I get something half decent to start with, but the first pulls will likely be fixed between a certain smaller pool of trainers.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I started again from scratch today. Restarted six times to get a 5* within three pulls, so I can get an easier start, and I hope it will be enough to succeed in the incoming Blue event. I ended with Olivia and Lycanroc, which is even better since rock is Pidgeot's weakness.
Now I guess I'll just keep my money for the next most broken pair.

And now the grind begins, I want to be ready for Sunday with at least maximized Lycanroc / Serperior / Swanna / A-Raichu, and enough ressources to maximize something else if needed. Having played with a VPN probably helps since I know more or less what I'm doing.

Here's the plan if you are interested in being ready to face Blue on Sunday (basic advices that you can find anywhere):

- Get the F2P units that let you grind the most effective way: A-Raichu, Swanna, Serperior, Lucario.
- Raise Raichu and Serperior together to the penultimate level cap.
- Raise Swanna to the penultimate level cap.
- Raise Lucario to the penultimate level cap.
- Use Lucario to get Gym Leader Notes (unlock last level cap).
- Raise Lucario to the max level (to farm Gym Leader Notes in automatic).
- Raise Serperior and Raichu to the max level.
- Raise Swanna to the max level.

Also how to priorize money:
- Snivy's evolutions
- additional energy bar
- additional energy bar
- everything else

After that, you can grind anything that is currently in the game with ease:
- A-Raichu is the strongest F2P Pokémon with area of effect (Discharge), also 100 % accurate is nice.
- Serperior is the bulkiest Pokémon in the game (the IA will only attack the bulkiest Pokémon, that's why you need it at a similar level than Raichu, or Raichu might be targetted instead). It can also fully restore the energy twice in a battle.
- Swanna raises speed a lot, which allows you to restore the energy bar faster.
- Lucario is the best unit to farm Brock in co-op (hard mode), which is currently the best way to get Gym Leader Notes at any time.

I don’t know how they work but I suspect that nicknames can be held by many people seeing as how there's a sort of “friend code” the game uses. I assume that part is what is unique to each player. Anyway I got JTD783.

Also, the game is out for iOS now.
Nearly 100% sure many people can hold nicknames, much like it was in FEH (which also had friend codes). I'm nearly certain anyone else could also use "Wigglytuff" if they wanted to.

I started again from scratch today. Restarted six times to get a 5* within three pulls, so I can get an easier start, and I hope it will be enough to succeed in the incoming Blue event. I ended with Olivia and Lycanroc, which is even better since rock is Pidgeot's weakness.
Now I guess I'll just keep my money for the next most broken pair.

And now the grind begins, I want to be ready for Sunday with at least maximized Lycanroc / Serperior / Swanna / A-Raichu, and enough ressources to maximize something else if needed. Having played with a VPN probably helps since I know more or less what I'm doing.

Here's the plan if you are interested in being ready to face Blue on Sunday (basic advices that you can find anywhere):

- Get the F2P units that let you grind the most effective way: A-Raichu, Swanna, Serperior, Lucario.
- Raise Raichu and Serperior together to the penultimate level cap.
- Raise Swanna to the penultimate level cap.
- Raise Lucario to the penultimate level cap.
- Use Lucario to get Gym Leader Notes (unlock last level cap).
- Raise Lucario to the max level (to farm Gym Leader Notes in automatic).
- Raise Serperior and Raichu to the max level.
- Raise Swanna to the max level.

Also how to priorize money:
- Snivy's evolutions
- additional energy bar
- additional energy bar
- everything else

After that, you can grind anything that is currently in the game with ease:
- A-Raichu is the strongest F2P Pokémon with area of effect (Discharge), also 100 % accurate is nice.
- Serperior is the bulkiest Pokémon in the game (the IA will only attack the bulkiest Pokémon, that's why you need it at a similar level than Raichu, or Raichu might be targetted instead). It can also fully restore the energy twice in a battle.
- Swanna raises speed a lot, which allows you to restore the energy bar faster.
- Lucario is the best unit to farm Brock in co-op (hard mode), which is currently the best way to get Gym Leader Notes at any time.
So it looks like getting Treecko isn’t necessarily the best thing for now, at least until Sceptile gets in the game.

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This is literally gonna take a while to get used to rip. I do think that the more coins you have to upgrade the move gauge, the better tbh

Right now rocking a team of Rosa, Gardenia, and Drake. Drale boosts up everyones defenses, rosa raises Sp.A, and Gardenia straight up nukes with Leaf Storm.

Pokémon Masters_2019-08-29-14-16-34.jpg

Here's everyone i got so far. Used a 10x pull and my 5 star was Kris, so yay~ I heard Agatha and Wikstrom were also pretty sick. Roxanne is surprisingly decemt, being a special attacking rock type paired nicely woth my gardenia nuke strategy. What pulls did you guys get?

Reactions: nui

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)