Done Add a 1v1 mod for room tours

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
Sorry for the double post, but, branching off of my prior suggestion (that was deleted in the time of me making this post because the suggestion already existed), I'd also like for there to be a 1v1 mod for room tours that can be added via the /tour rules command. I felt this necessary to suggest again after an incident in the 1v1 room where a Gen 4 1v1 game for an official tournament ended up in a draw, but because we had to use Gen 4 OU with Team Preview and the Gen 4 1v1 banlist both being added manually, solving the tie was simply impossible without needing to make a separate groupchat with a tournament with all the same rules.

I'm not entirely sure on the logistics of how this would work, as a 1v1 mod would be more of a mechanical change to the format of the game itself, rather than any restricting or unrestricting of what each Pokemon is able to do, as all mods are, but all I know is that using the honor rule sucks when ties are involved-

If the above is either too large of an immediate task or outright not doable, an alternative would be to allow room staff to use /forcetie for room tours whenever this happens again.

Alumn

Sukcesu cena
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think it would be easier to just create/add the tier [same thing for RoA with RBY (NU, AG, 1v1, ...), GSC (PU, LC, ...), ...] as tour and chall only.
I don't know if that's what you were asking/wanted?

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
I think it would be easier to just create/add the tier [same thing for RoA with RBY (NU, AG, 1v1, ...), GSC (PU, LC, ...), ...] as tour and chall only.
I don't know if that's what you were asking/wanted?
Outright adding all the tiers to PS would be outstanding, but I'm not really sure what the site staff's goal is for adding many tiers. It would certainly make navigating the challenge menu a bigger task.

For the time being, I'd just like to fix everything that isn't already capable of being handled with /tour rules (while there is an LC mod, it doesn't force Pokemon to be level 5, so that's something to look for as well, I suppose).

Bumping for visibility + I have an idea to add:

• In addition to this, a 2v2 Mod as well.

As the only OMs on PS! without mods / a combination of mods (tier shifts main purpose as a challengable OM was for OMWC iirc, and even then it sees little to no play in rooms, esp after the generational shift) along with playerbases that actively play, I see really no reason as to why this cant be a feature. It enables old gens, too niche to be challengeable, to be played in tours when roomauth want to do something different.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)