SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader

Yamper
Puppy Pokemon
1'
29.8 lbs
This gluttonous Pokemon only assists people with their work because it wants treats. As it runs, it crackles with electricity.

Boltund
Dog Pokemon
3'3"
75 lbs
It sends electricity through its legs to boost their strength. Running at top speed, it easily breaks 50mph.

Cufant
Copperderm Pokemon
3'11"
220.5 lbs
If a job requires serious strength, this Pokemon will excel at it. Its copper body tarnishes in the rain, turning a vibrant green color.

Copperajah
Copperderm Pokemon
9'10"
1433 lbs
These Pokemon live in herds. Their trunks have incredible grip strength, strong enough to crush giant rocks into powder.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Stat estimates for Grapploct and Dubwool done by Kris

Grapploct
[31 IV-15 IV-0 IV]
HP: 80-88-95
Atk: 112-120-127
Def: 84-92-99
SpA: 67-75-82
SpD: 75-83-90
Spe: 33-41-48

Dubwool
[31 IV-15 IV-0 IV]
HP: 70-78-85
Atk: 66-74-81
Def: 95-103-110
SpA: 57-64-72 (Used 30 IV-16IV-0 IV instead of 31, 91 wasnt possible with 31 and 15 IVs)
SpD: 90-98-105
Spe: 86-94-101

Balanced Hackmons.

How stupid does it look and will anyone be mad if this happens to them? I'm imagining Pikachu's tail and back leg sticking out, so please tell me that's what it looks like.
Interpret its ability as "if it's hit, you receive chip damage with a chance of paralysis. It's like the beak thing from Toucannon, but with the trade off that you get chip damage instead of 100% status"

Gossifleur
Flowering Pokemon
1'4"
4.9 lbs
It whirls around in the wind while singing a joyous song. This delightful display has charmed many into raising this Pokemon.

Eldegoss
Cotton Bloom Pokemon
1'8"
5.5 lbs
The cotton on the head of this Pokemon can be spun into a glossy, gorgeous yearn-a Galar region specialty.
This thing better get spore.

Yamper
Puppy Pokemon
1'
29.8 lbs
This gluttonous Pokemon only assists people with their work because it wants treats. As it runs, it crackles with electricity.

Boltund
Dog Pokemon
3'3"
75 lbs
It sends electricity through its legs to boost their strength. Running at top speed, it easily breaks 50mph.

Cufant
Copperderm Pokemon
3'11"
220.5 lbs
If a job requires serious strength, this Pokemon will excel at it. Its copper body tarnishes in the rain, turning a vibrant green color.

Copperajah
Copperderm Pokemon
9'10"
1433 lbs
These Pokemon live in herds. Their trunks have incredible grip strength, strong enough to crush giant rocks into powder.
Copperderm is your new awesome pokepun.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Right guys, I know everyone is super excited about the new information that is being presented currently, but can we please try to cut down on the number of shitty 1 liner opinions, memes or anything entirely irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

This thread is growing at an insane rate. Please have some decorum and chill a bit. We don't need to know every persons 2 bit opinion on every Pokemon. We have the Smogon Main Discord (https://discord.gg/smogon) or the OI Discord (https://discord.gg/KjZuZ7j) for that. Please try and post with some substance! Say why you think a mon might be good or bad, say who it might work with. Don't just say "this looks good lol".

I went through earlier and deleted about a page worth of crappy posts. Let's try and take it up a notch please! Think before you post!

Iron Head is replaced by Behemoth Bash.

Firstly, let the record reflect that I called it.

Secondly, can we talk about how the MINIMUM base stat total on this thing is 694 (max 729), and its stats are pretty well optimised at that? They really didn't forget to make sure the stats made up for the lost item slot -- this thing basically functions as a mini-Primal. The fully powered forms will definitely be the ones used more often in competitive, partly because those stats are nuts (this thing will have physical bulk on par with Chansey's special bulk, but still has special bulk on par with Palkia aswell) and partly because their signature moves almost completely negate the benefits of Dynamaxing.

I don't see it pulling off a defensive set, because ubers will be chock full of steels and poison-types, and there is no obvious source of passive damage aside from burns (which I expect will be common in Ubers). I'm starting to think it almost doesn't matter that the old ubers aren't coming back, because the new ones would just obliterate most of them regardless. One possible liability on Zamazenta is that if Iron Head is replaced by its signature move, it won't have Iron Head to fish for flinches, and it won't appreciate Behemoth Bash's 8PP when it's trying to be bulky. It'll probably want to relearn Iron Head if it can, unless its movepool is really good.

Another thing is, Zamazenta is a fighting type, but what fighting attacks is it going to use? It's doubtful that it'll get Sacred Sword or Cross Chop, and it won't appreciate the defensive drops from Superpower or Close Combat. It will probably have to rely on low BP moves like Brick Break.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Greedent and Boltund stat ranges by Kris

Greedent
[31 IV-15 IV-0 IV]
HP: 117-125-133
Atk: 93-101-109
Def: 91-99-106
SpA: 52-60-68
SpD: 60-68-75
Spe: 11-19-26

Boltund
[31 IVs-15 IVs-0 IVs]
HP: 60-68-75
Atk: 80-88-95
Def: 55-63-70
SpA: 86-94-101
SpD: 54-62-69 (Used 1 IV instead of 0, 96 isn't possible with 0 IVs)
Spe: 120-128-135

Secondly, can we talk about how the MINIMUM base stat total on this thing is 694 (max 729), and its stats are pretty well optimised at that? They really didn't forget to make sure the stats made up for the lost item slot -- this thing basically functions as a mini-Primal. The fully powered forms will definitely be the ones used more often in competitive, partly because those stats are nuts (this thing will have physical bulk on par with Chansey's special bulk, but still has special bulk on par with Palkia aswell) and partly because their signature moves almost completely negate the benefits of Dynamaxing.

I don't see it pulling off a defensive set, because ubers will be chock full of steels and poison-types, and there is no obvious source of passive damage aside from burns (which I expect will be common in Ubers). I'm starting to think it almost doesn't matter that the old ubers aren't coming back, because the new ones would just obliterate most of them regardless. One possible liability on Zamazenta is that if Iron Head is replaced by its signature move, it won't have Iron Head to fish for flinches, and it won't appreciate Behemoth Bash's 8PP when it's trying to be bulky. It'll probably want to relearn Iron Head if it can, unless its movepool is really good.

Another thing is, Zamazenta is a fighting type, but what fighting attacks is it going to use? It's doubtful that it'll get Sacred Sword or Cross Chop, and it won't appreciate the defensive drops from Superpower or Close Combat. It will probably have to rely on low BP moves like Brick Break.
All this makes me wonder what kind of stuff is Eternatus hiding in its sleeves. 'Cause as far as it seems to be, that huge purple crystal like thing is gonna get roflstomped by the cover legendaries with both STAB heavily countered by their types (especially Zacian where it is literally immune to both) and have its main niche hard countered by the cover legendaries' signature move…… even though this is technically true for Necrozma and the Sun/Moon legendaries as well.

With a filler ability and a really powerful but not that special sig, as well as though-massive-but-not-really-far-off BST this awesome looking 3rd legendary doesn't seem to be able to pull out a good fight.

All this makes me wonder what kind of stuff is Eternatus hiding in its sleeves. 'Cause as far as it seems to be, that huge purple crystal like thing is gonna get roflstomped by the cover legendaries with both STAB heavily countered by their types (especially Zacian where it is literally immune to both) and have its main niche hard countered by the cover legendaries' signature move…… even though this is technically true for Necrozma and the Sun/Moon legendaries as well.

With a filler ability and a really powerful but not that special ability, as well as though-massive-but-not-really-far-off BST this awesome looking 3rd legendary doesn't seem to be able to pull out a good fight.
I'm willing to bet that Eternamax form will have a new Ability, and that Dynamax Cannon will do something extra in that form aswell. Nowadays they give Pressure to things when they can't think of anything else -- though, to be fair, being able to PP drain Zacian and Zamazenta's signature moves sounds quite useful.

We know it gets Flamethrower to hit the cover legends, and it might also get Will-O-Wisp too.

Galarian Stunfisk's ability is... weird, to say the least. Basically a passive Camouflage.

Let's better hope it does not change types on the default online terrain and lose its Steel-type that way because that would be a bummer.

Galarian Stunfisk's ability is... weird, to say the least. Basically a passive Camouflage.

Let's better hope it does not change types on the default online terrain and lose its Steel-type that way because that would be a bummer.
It could be talking about terrain as in the four terrain moves. Otherwise it would make no sense for it to even *have* a default typing, since it would change from it in every possible scenario.

It might also just change primary type and keep Steel -- it's still keeping the bear trap teeth, after all.

I saw someone talking about Charizard being viable now ... sorry for asking, but got it a buff in its stats? :o
There is a held item which negates the effect of entry hazards, which is a godsend on anything 4x weak to rocks.

That reminds me -- too bad we don't expect Ho-oh to return, because it would be AMAZING in this meta. Fire type attacks are great, it can spread burns like nobody's business which cripple most of the other ubers, and it could just ignore rocks now. Thing would be nuts.

Masuda we love/hate you, please, don't be a cabezabuque, make the Battle Tower also Co-op :(

Because, you know? We are paying for Nintendo Online, and, all the coop in the game is just the incursions? I don't wanna believe it.
The Co-Op feature wasn't even well-implemented in SM and USUM as it had to be played locally, so it isn't much of a loss IMO.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Stat ranges for Thievul and Galarian Stunfisk by Kris

Thievul
[31 IVs-15 IVs-0 IVs]
HP: 55-63-70
Atk: 51-59-66
Def: 52-59-67 (Used 30 IVs instead of 31, 16 IVs instead of 15)
SpA: 80-88-95
SpD: 81-89-96
Spe: 81-89-96

Stunfisk-Galar
[31-15-15-0]
HP: 103-111-112-119
Atk: 75-83-86-93
Def: 99-107-108-115
SpA: 54-61-62-69
SpD: 71-79-80-87
Spe: 31-39-40-47

There is a held item which negates the effect of entry hazards, which is a godsend on anything 4x weak to rocks.
Ah, so that's the reason. I thought it could be more then "just" this item.

(not gonna lie, I'm glad you can basically turn off the stealth rock weakness, but I'm not sure how I should feel about it on Charizard, because it can't set up it's main stat)

Due to it's speed and defense against priority moves bar match punch, I can see it running CC, in fact, i expect CC like Terrakion, Arcanine and other similar mons have. Dont' worry about the Def SpD drop because with it speed it's probably that will outspeed almost anything in its way, it's abnormaly fast for a Pokémon that bulky and Def SpD have never been a problem for CC users because you can just switch in case you need to. There're won't be a pletora of mons able to outspeed this thing and OHKO it back.

Also 1 CC won't drop its physical Def because of its ability.

Last edited:
Ok can we please just turn our attention to the insanity that is Octolock.
The moment you click this move on something passive, it is dead. You sub/protect for a few turns, then use any attack against the wall which is now at -4 or -6. My money is on the octopus getting Drain Punch. On the other hand, you can always click this without repercussions and even grab a nice -1 and a free switch next turn even if the opponent goes into a counter.
What the hell is going on here? Really hope we're just misunderstanding how it works and it ends up being a 3-turn Outrage-like move that drops defenses and leaves this thing vulnerable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)