SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Interesting! So would Bold with Sticky Web, Body Press, Stored Power, and Calm Mind be a good supportive set for it? Or is Recover too essential to give up?
A good question, I would say. This mon seems to be imminent to suffer from 4-moveslot syndrome thanks to Recover, but you can try an alternative of replacing Recover for Giga Drain coupled with Leftovers. My guess is that you could go either bulky offensive with Calm Mind, Body Press, Stored Power and Shadow Ball (or Giga Drain for recovery) or you can try either that set or a pure support (with Reflect, Sticky Web and/or Batton pass the Calm Mind boosts) or even a bondage set consisting on Infestation, Recover/GigaDrain/ConfuseRay, CalmMind and Stored Power in case you want to trap your opponent to force it to be your setup fodder.

By the end of the day, it's up to you to forge your own strategy depending on what you aim for, this mon has many set possibilities but unfortunately only has 4 slots.

Quick question for those that know (and I apologize if this has been answered, but I cannot be bothered to read through 59 pages at this point)-- will Showdown have all the mons or will they be using Gamefreak's cut list? For example no Landorus?

If so, that's a huge deal.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Quick question for those that know (and I apologize if this has been answered, but I cannot be bothered to read through 59 pages at this point)-- will Showdown have all the mons or will they be using Gamefreak's cut list? For example no Landorus?

If so, that's a huge deal.
There will be metas for both. Regional Dex will be still be the basis for the main tiers, but National Dex OU will exist in the form of an OM at least.

An aura is just a bunch of energy that surrounds something or someone. Like how DBZ characters glow when powering up. I think it looks enough like an aura.

None of them are rock type iirc. They’re a mix of water, Ice, electric, and dragon.
My bad on the assumption that the fossils are still part Rock like previous gens

How's Aegislash this gen? Is he overwhelming, or does it finally feel like a balanced part of this meta?

In the face of Dynamaxing, I'm also wondering if Toxapex and Ferrothorn are seen as non-toxic and fair.

So Galarian Yamask not only needs to be in a specific location, but needs to be at least 49 HP away from full health.

Does "49" have any special meaning?

What do you guys think about Barraskewda? It's defensive stats suck so it can't take any hits but its 136 base speed along with its base 123 atk is nothing to shrug at. It even has swift swim which makes it a potential rain abuser. On top of that, with a life orb, it can use close combat to deal with Ferrothorn:

252 Atk Life Orb Barraskewda Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Ferrothorn: 216-255 (61.3 - 72.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

And after rocks psychic fangs (should) deal with Toxapex:

252 Atk Life Orb Barraskewda Psychic Fangs vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Toxapex: 138-164 (45.3 - 53.9%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery

These are two defensive mons that wall alot of other rain abusers so even if Barraskewda ends up sucking I think it still has an interesting niche just because these mons don't switch into it well enough.

252 Atk Life Orb Barraskewda Psychic Fangs vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Toxapex: 138-164 (45.3 - 53.9%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
You forgot the boosting nature.

252 Atk Life Orb Barraskewda Psychic Fangs vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 125-148 (41.1 - 48.6%) -- 10.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery

252 Atk Life Orb Barraskewda Psychic Fangs vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 125-148 (41.1 - 48.6%) -- 10.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
barraskewda has so much speed it can run adamant (its speedtier is inbetween 119 and 120 without a boosting nature). Then psychic fangs 2hkos again.

My bad. It still takes care of pex if running adamant though. Adamant might be better than jolly because it has swift swim and base 136 speed anyways. Adamant won't outspeed base 120's out of the rain though, which could be significant

252+ Atk Life Orb Barraskewda Psychic Fangs vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 138-164 (45.3 - 53.9%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery

So Dynamax Seismitoad is unexpectedly hilarious due to its ability to set up rain for Swift Swim along with its newfound physical STAB and coverage in Liquidation and Power Whip. It can run a set with Liquidation/EQ/Power Whip/Fighting coverage to deal with its most common answers in Pex, Ferro, and Rotom, while allowing it to boost its speed outside of most Scarfers' ranges in one move (unlike Max Airstream) and boost its attack with Max Knuckle.

It's probably quite outclassed by Barraskewda in this role as that mon has higher stats and can also cover Ferro and Pex while gaining Psychic Terrain from Psychic Fangs, and has a stronger move to hit Ferro (if you opt not to go for Focus Punch as Seismi's fighting move). Seismi is however able to hit Rotom super effectively and has higher immediate power vs. Pex. Also, its pretty funny to sweep someone with a Seismitoad.

Question about how Body Press works, is it a flat power increase once defense passes a certain threshold like Low Kick does with weight, or does it actually just use your defense for damage calculation instead of your attack? The fact that it actually has a base power listed makes me think it's the latter, but I want to be sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)