Pokémon Kommo-o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kommo-o

Base Stats: HP: 75 | Atk: 110 | Def: 125 | SpA: 100 | SpD: 105 | Spe: 85
Abilities: Bulletproof (1) | Soundproof (2) | Overcoat (H)

Level Up Moves:
- [00] Clanging Scales​
- [01] Clanging Scales​
- [01] Belly Drum​
- [01] Autotomize​
- [01] Tackle​
- [01] Leer​
- [01] Protect​
- [01] Dragon Tail​
- [12] Scary Face​
- [16] Headbutt​
- [20] Work Up​
- [24] Screech​
- [28] Iron Defense​
- [32] Dragon Claw​
- [38] Noble Roar​
- [44] Dragon Dance​
- [52] Outrage​
- [60] Close Combat​
- [68] Clangorous Soul​
- [76] Boomburst​

Egg Moves:
- Counter​
- Dragon Breath​
- Focus Punch​

TMs:
- [TM00] Mega Punch​
- [TM01] Mega Kick​
- [TM03] Fire Punch​
- [TM04] Ice Punch​
- [TM05] Thunder Punch​
- [TM08] Hyper Beam​
- [TM09] Giga Impact​
- [TM16] Screech​
- [TM19] Safeguard​
- [TM21] Rest​
- [TM22] Rock Slide​
- [TM24] Snore​
- [TM25] Protect​
- [TM26] Scary Face​
- [TM31] Attract​
- [TM32] Sandstorm​
- [TM39] Facade​
- [TM42] Revenge​
- [TM43] Brick Break​
- [TM48] Rock Tomb​
- [TM57] Payback​
- [TM59] Fling​
- [TM63] Drain Punch​
- [TM65] Shadow Claw​
- [TM76] Round​
- [TM81] Bulldoze​
- [TM94] False Swipe​
- [TM97] Brutal Swing​
- [TM98] Stomping Tantrum​
- [TM99] Breaking Swipe​

TRs:
- [TR00] Swords Dance​
- [TR02] Flamethrower​
- [TR07] Low Kick​
- [TR10] Earthquake​
- [TR20] Substitute​
- [TR21] Reversal​
- [TR24] Outrage​
- [TR26] Endure​
- [TR27] Sleep Talk​
- [TR31] Iron Tail​
- [TR35] Uproar​
- [TR37] Taunt​
- [TR39] Superpower​
- [TR42] Hyper Voice​
- [TR46] Iron Defense​
- [TR47] Dragon Claw​
- [TR48] Bulk Up​
- [TR51] Dragon Dance​
- [TR53] Close Combat​
- [TR56] Aura Sphere​
- [TR57] Poison Jab​
- [TR60] X-Scissor​
- [TR62] Dragon Pulse​
- [TR64] Focus Blast​
- [TR70] Flash Cannon​
- [TR74] Iron Head​
- [TR76] Stealth Rock​
- [TR85] Work Up​
- [TR99] Body Press​

Notable Moves:
- Clanging Scales
- Belly Drum
- Autotomize
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Close Combat
- Clangorous Soul
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Drain Punch
- Swords Dance
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail
- Dragon Claw
- Poison Jab
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor

Signature Move:

Clangorous Soul:
|
| Acc: 100 | PP: 5-8 | The user raises all its stats by using some of its HP.

Analysis:

The clanger returns! While it lost it's Z-move from last gen it basically gained a move version of it in Clangorous Soul. An omniboost for a mere 1/3 of it's HP is pretty wild and that makes this Pokémon great as it was last gen. Clangorous Soul allows for a mixed set which can be nice to make use of Max Ooze and Throat Spray to raise Special Attack. Max Knuckle is great for attack raises too, and that also applies for Dragon Dance and Belly Drum. Speaking of them, they're most definitely on par with Clangorous Soul. Belly Drum only has little to no defensive checks, and only Ditto and Hawlucha can brag about revenge killing it. Unlike something like Galarian Darmanitan it actually has bulk to set up, so yeah. Overall, a really versatile and powerful Pokémon, with access to great dynamax moves in Max Knuckle and Max Ooze.

Kommo-o's issues come from it's relative lack of initial power, base 110 and 100 really isn't too much these days, and even after setup it's not as strong as something like Gyarados or Galarian Darmanitan. Another problem with Kommo-o is that even with all that coverage and versatility it's likely to miss a few Pokémon on the way as it can only run so many coverage moves. And last but definitely not least, Kommo-o still keeps that measly Speed stat, that really doesn't do it any favors. And unlike say Gyarados that has a really easy time racking up Speed boosts, Kommo-o doesn't...

Potential Movesets:

Kommo-o @ Throat Spray / Life Orb
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Clanging Scales
- Poison Jab
- Clangorous Soul

Mixed Clangorous Soul set. Close Combat and Clanging Scales are givens, and Poison Jab rounds things off for Fairy-types while also providing hefty boosts to it's Special Attack stat. Something like Earthquake could be used for a better Toxapex matchup but it doesn't hit much harder than +2 Clanging Scales, so not sure.

Kommo-o @ Salac Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Belly Drum
- Thunder Punch
- Substitute

Pretty straight forward. This is BDrum SubSalac from last gen. This set still works great and can be pretty deadly, just be careful with Ditto, I guess...

You could try that SpDef set from last gen, but I'm not sure if this meta is favorable for it at all. I think that should be it for clanger sets! What do you guys think?

Another set that works well particularly on hyper offense is this one:

Kommo-o @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Dragon Dance
- Thunder Punch
- Earthquake

Especially with Dynamax, this set can become very deadly as you hit almost the whole tier with stab or super effective moves.

I've been running a mixed Substitute Clangorous Soul set recently, and it runs hot and cold. When it works, you end up omni-boosting your bulk to the point at which enemies cannot break your substitutes anymore. However, that leaves you with only two attacking moves which means that you can only beat some of the meta. However, in this Ditto-infested meta that's not completely a bad thing; just ensure you carry a counter to your own Kommo-o set. Overall very matchup dependent and fun to use, but not something I would bring if I wanted any consistency.

I've been running a mixed Substitute Clangorous Soul set recently, and it runs hot and cold. When it works, you end up omni-boosting your bulk to the point at which enemies cannot break your substitutes anymore. However, that leaves you with only two attacking moves which means that you can only beat some of the meta. However, in this Ditto-infested meta that's not completely a bad thing; just ensure you carry a counter to your own Kommo-o set. Overall very matchup dependent and fun to use, but not something I would bring if I wanted any consistency.
Can you post the Substitute Clangorous soul set?

Can you post the Sbustitute Clangorous soul set?
IIRC this was the last version of the set I was using (I experimented with a bunch of different variants):

Kommo-o @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Atk / 88 Def / 132 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Clangorous Soul
- Substitute
- Flamethrower
- Drain Punch

The set is pretty much stopped hard by fairies, Toxapex, and Corsola-Galar. I tried running Flash Cannon but it doesn't consistently beat the fairies in the tier so it wasn't worth losing to Aegislash and Corviknight. The speed EV's let it creep a few points past Rotom-W to outspeed and get a sub off against it. The Atk IV's are calculated to specifically guarantee you break a Gyarados substitute at +1, allowing you to force it to dynamax without one and potentially countersweep with a Ditto in the back. The rest goes to physical bulk, which is enough to live a +2 Max Quake from LO Excadrill after rocks.

Last edited:
Here's a set i'm using in a HO that has peaked the ladder:

Kommo-o @ Throat Spray
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Clanging Scales
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon
- Clangorous Soul

Not so much to say about this. Clangorous Soul + Throat Spray is an amazing combo and if used a the right time it can be a powerhouse. Soundproof it's here mostly to prevent dittos to use the dragon move, forcing it to either dynamax or use flash cannon. This may sound
counterproductive to you, facing an omniboosted dynamaxed ditto isn't the best to deal with, but if you have a decent counterplan in your team then that ditto just wasted his dynamax.

The Version of the DD set I've been using

Kommo-o @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab / Thunder Punch

I love the Lum berry for punishing Will-O-Wisps with a sweep, if you have the support to remove Fairies, Flying types and Darmanitan Kommo-o is an amazing late game sweeper, I've turned it around so many times with this set. Jolly +1 also outspeeds and OHKOs Dradapult which is a major plus.

Here's a set i'm using in a HO that has peaked the ladder:

Kommo-o @ Throat Spray
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Clanging Scales
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon
- Clangorous Soul

Not so much to say about this. Clangorous Soul + Throat Spray is an amazing combo and if used a the right time it can be a powerhouse. Soundproof it's here mostly to prevent dittos to use the dragon move, forcing it to either dynamax or use flash cannon. This may sound
counterproductive to you, facing an omniboosted dynamaxed ditto isn't the best to deal with, but if you have a decent counterplan in your team then that ditto just wasted his dynamax.
This set is probably its best set rn, along with the Physical Clang set:

Kommo-o @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 192 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Clangorous Soul
- Drain Punch
- Earthquake
- Clanging Scales/Fire Punch/Outrage/D-Claw

This set has great coverage overall, and hits extremely hard after a boost. It has a bit better durability than the Special set because Drain Punch heals you back up. You can choose your last move on your own preference. Scales and Outrage cover Dragapult and Corsola better, but Fire Punch lets you break oast Corviknight easier. While I think the Special set is better because you are hitting at +2 SpA, the Physical set has merit and I've seen players like Ske run it with success

Has someone tried this set yet?
Kommo-o @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDef
Impish Nature
-Iron Defense
-Body Press
-Stealth Rock
-Dragon Tail / Drain Punch / Shadow Claw

A really bulky tank that can also dish out lots of damage with Body Press.

Kommo-o @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
-Iron Defense
-Body Press
-Stealth Rock

Imo if you want a more bulky build Sub+Drain Punch with Clangorous Soul would be better

Kommo-o @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
-Iron Defense
-Body Press
-Stealth Rock

I think this could work wonders, I think people are discounting how powerful Iron Defense + Body Press is. Clangourous Soul could work but Iron Defense + Body Press is blatantly overpowered I feel. Kommo-O is the best user of Body Press + Iron Defense as he gets the STAB plus his already high defense. I will try something like this on ladder and see how it works.

Kommo-o @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SP Def / 4 Speed
Impish Nature

Iron Defense/Clangourous Soul
Body Press
Stealth Rock/Dragon Dance
Toxic/Poison Jab/Dragon Claw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)