Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

Hello,

I'm not sure it is the most appropriate place to ask this question, but let's try:

Is there a place for rental teams sharing? I'm looking for sample teams to play on SwSh, but nobody seems to talk about this feature; and every others websites only shares 3v3/ VGC teams :blobnauseated:
There is not a place for OU rental teams.

Anyone know what life orb offers to on bisharp compared to black glasses for sucker punch and throat chop? With 0-3 uses of swords dance taken into account

Aka what take less hits to kill/what can I beat with lo but not glasses

Anyone know what life orb offers to on bisharp compared to black glasses for sucker punch and throat chop? With 0-3 uses of swords dance taken into account

Aka what take less hits to kill/what can I beat with lo but not glasses
Bisharp has a lot of potential to sweep. But LO recoil would cut that short. Most of the time it clicks the Dark STAB anyway because of how spamable that offensive typing is. When it does click Iron Head it's super effective and a boosting item most of the time not give you a KO.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Hello,

I'm not sure it is the most appropriate place to ask this question, but let's try:

Is there a place for rental teams sharing? I'm looking for sample teams to play on SwSh, but nobody seems to talk about this feature; and every others websites only shares 3v3/ VGC teams :blobnauseated:
(6v6 singles) OU is difficult to play on cartridge due to the 20 minute timer, so pretty much everyone plays it on showdown instead. You can find OU sample teams here, which you can copy and paste into showdown to play with them, so they're effectively rental teams I guess?

Does (or should) Pickpocket invalidate the flinching effect of Fake Out?

Battle started between Wyulliam and Fab100!
Wyulliam sent out Vegeta (Grimmsnarl)!
Go! Bees? (Ribombee)!
Turn 1
The opposing Vegeta used Fake Out!
(Bees? lost 28.4% of its health!)

Bees? used Moonblast!
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
(The opposing Vegeta lost 100% of its health!)

The opposing Vegeta fainted!
☆Wyulliam: !data pickpocket
  • PickpocketIf this Pokemon has no item, it steals the item off a Pokemon making contact with it

Does (or should) Pickpocket invalidate the flinching effect of Fake Out?

Battle started between Wyulliam and Fab100!
Wyulliam sent out Vegeta (Grimmsnarl)!
Go! Bees? (Ribombee)!
Turn 1
The opposing Vegeta used Fake Out!
(Bees? lost 28.4% of its health!)

Bees? used Moonblast!
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
(The opposing Vegeta lost 100% of its health!)

The opposing Vegeta fainted!
☆Wyulliam: !data pickpocket
  • PickpocketIf this Pokemon has no item, it steals the item off a Pokemon making contact with it
No. Ribombee has access to Shield Dust, so it can't be flinched if running that ability.

I can’t help but feel like many of the teams I construct end up weak to toxapex cores. I THINK I have it just fine but toxapex with support abusing regenerate and haze and all that fun stuff just feels very difficult to overcome.

what are your favorite toxapex killers right now?

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
I can’t help but feel like many of the teams I construct end up weak to toxapex cores. I THINK I have it just fine but toxapex with support abusing regenerate and haze and all that fun stuff just feels very difficult to overcome.

what are your favorite toxapex killers right now?
Dugtrio can trap and beat it if you get a free switch-in since it can take a Scald (not a Liquidation though) and 2HKO it back.
Clefable is a top pick right now and doesn't mind taking anything from Toxapex. LO Clefable can 2HKO it with Thunderbolt (or set up on it if it lacks Haze) and Wish Clefable can cripple it with Thunder Wave. Hatterene is another great check since it bounces back any status move and threatens it with Psychic.
Toxapex doesn't like paralysis or burn in general so hitting it with a Thunder Wave or Will-O-Wisp (or even a Scald) from any Pokemon can be worthwhile if you get the chance. You can also cripple it by tricking a Choice Scarf onto it with Rotom or a Sticky Barb with Clefable, though the former takes damage from Black Sludge.
Finally, Substitute users can take advantage of Toxapex since it generally lacks the power to break it.

When entering calcs for draining moves, the Showdown calculator will show the amount range that will be received when the draining move hits. When applying the Big Root item to Draining Kiss, the percent of returns in HP show the same figure. Bulbpedia has confirmed that Draining Kiss is
affected by Big Root.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Draining_Kiss_(move)

Does this work in battles or is this just a bug in the calculator?

https://pokepast.es/7e8e27468f06796e I am thinking of making a trick room team involving dhelmise, but I just don't know whether to make it defensive rapid spin or offensive. it does 1HKO mimikyu, gengar and dragapult, but I also feel TR has its weaknesses of hazard control.
Also, can someone list some pokemon I should add for the team? Thanks!
(Arctovish, by my dear friend Fynx, is a solid dracovish check.)

With its Disguise intact, Mimikyu can force out Pokemon such as Hydreigon, Dragapult, and Dracovish. Without its Disguise, Mimikyu can't really force all that many Pokemon out besides some slower Pokemon like Conkeldurr.
Thank you so much! I wanted to learn from my previous RMT because I knew on webs mimikyu forces a lot of pokemon out.
One question remains though. Is there a pokemon that fit hyper-offense oriented teams that can withstand the attacks of hydreigon and dragapult and potentially check it? I am thinking of AV Arctovish which can also deal with dracovish and Water/ground types, But I dont know what to use.

ive been seeing a lot of togekiss and hat in HOs like snarl screens, what is exactly their set and what is it suppose to target/accomplish?

Askov

Explode
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Champion
UUPL Champion
ive been seeing a lot of togekiss and hat in HOs like snarl screens, what is exactly their set and what is it suppose to target/accomplish?
at least from what i've seen on ladder (there's a dude who spam this HO) the hat set is 4 atks with Nuzzle to spread para while also being a pseudo-hazard control (Magic Bounce) while Togekiss abuses the paraspam provided by Grims and Hat, afaik the toge set is subnp flame airslash

What are your favorite revenge killers this gen? I've been messing around with a hail team but found that too often I was getting out-sped to secure the follow up kills safely. Really looking forward to slush rush being available on the fossil mons.

What are your favorite revenge killers this gen? I've been messing around with a hail team but found that too often I was getting out-sped to secure the follow up kills safely. Really looking forward to slush rush being available on the fossil mons.
For unboosted mons, Dragapult is a fantastic revenge killer as it outspeeds the entire unboosted meta and can KO offensive reliably. Priority users such as Conkeldurr and Aegislash are also good, especially for mons with Sand Rush and Swift Swim. If you're using Aurora Veil in your case then you'll probably get good mileage out of SD Bisharp and to a lesser extent SD Aegislash.

at least from what i've seen on ladder (there's a dude who spam this HO) the hat set is 4 atks with Nuzzle to spread para while also being a pseudo-hazard control (Magic Bounce) while Togekiss abuses the paraspam provided by Grims and Hat, afaik the toge set is subnp flame airslash
I'm not this guy (I don't use HO) but I've been using AV Nuzzle Hatterene and it's actually a pretty funny set. Good accuracy, surprise value. I thought of the set because I felt TR Hat is not as good as it used to be. Hatterene is usually outclassed as a bulky fairy by Clef/Sylveon who lack that Psychic typing that is generally a hinderance in 90% of scenarios in the current meta. AV alleviates that a bit, especially with some wish support and draining kiss. The opportunity cost of using AV on Hat isn't that much since I personally don't like TR or CM anymore and Hat doesn't have reliable recovery anyway. After using it a bit, I'm actually fairly confident that Nuzzle will become pseudo-standard on Hatterene (if it hasn't already, I'm not sure) and I think people should use AV on it way more than they are currently.

Aromatherapy is also an underrated move on Hatterene which I used a lot to get reqs but now that Aromatherapy is on the rise on Clef, I'm pretty sure that's just a better version of the Hat set for the most part.

Thank you so much! I wanted to learn from my previous RMT because I knew on webs mimikyu forces a lot of pokemon out.
One question remains though. Is there a pokemon that fit hyper-offense oriented teams that can withstand the attacks of hydreigon and dragapult and potentially check it? I am thinking of AV Arctovish which can also deal with dracovish and Water/ground types, But I dont know what to use.
centiscorch, clefable, obstagoon are great choices in my opinion

When using aegislash, should it have 0 speed ivs or 31? or does it matter at all? Most sets seem to not run gyroball anymore so I'm assuming it doesnt really affect anything, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)