• Marianne Williamson

Votes: 19 3.5%
  • Mike Bloomberg

Votes: 12 2.2%

• Total voters

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
nah the reason he's fucking disappeared is cause hes literally the dictionary definition of big pharma big insurance shill and he's gonna get bodied in the general on attack ads that him from the left cause delaware is literally the worst state in the country at regulating insurance markets. he doesn't even care that he's gonna lose in november, he's already gone back to doing damage control for big pharma and big insurances' asses in the senate.

wake the fuck up from the dream world u live in. he hasn't disappeared he has just gone back to doing his job which is to cover the corporations that pay his bills.

dont mind me im just here to make another "unsubstantiated" claim that joe biden is mentally unfit to be president

it looks like he just keeps forgetting where he is on the reg. is this normal?
well what about the millions of people voting for him who are out of a job and want some reassurance? of course it's the play for him because he can barely get sentences out (i seriously have no idea what he took for that debate), but the ill will he's racking up through this is gonna bite him in the ass.

this is rich, glad all the biden bros cared so much when the bernie camp wanted to push back tuesday's primaries. i guess people's lives don't matter when the narrative fits your guy's end!
The Bernie supremacists just can't help spreading their right-wing garbage. I'm sure they voted for Jill Stein as well. Can we say closet Trump supporter?

nah the reason he's fucking disappeared is cause hes literally the dictionary definition of big pharma big insurance shill and he's gonna get bodied in the general on attack ads that him from the left cause delaware is literally the worst state in the country at regulating insurance markets.
Back to the pointless purity tests.

Bernie supremacists use those same smears against New York Democrats (wall street "shills," "corporate whores"), and New Jersey Democrats ("in league with big pharma") while disregarding how large those industries are our respective states and how successful state Democratic parties have been in cementing center-left majorities / Democratic trifectas to actually push some decent progressive legislation.

Automatic voter registration? Tuition-free college? $15 minimum wage? Paid sick leave? Equal pay legislation? Paid maternity leave?

Guess which states have them?

he doesn't even care that he's gonna lose in november, he's already gone back to doing damage control for big pharma and big insurances' asses in the senate.

wake the fuck up from the dream world u live in. he hasn't disappeared he has just gone back to doing his job which is to cover the corporations that pay his bills.
We should re-name this the Smear Biden Thread. "He's definitely going to lose in November!"

Are you sure about that?

Last edited:

BIG ASHLEY

ashley
is a Community Contributor
Funny is "progressives" rooting for Trump. Seems to be a lot of them in this thread.
no-one's going "i really hope trump wins because biden beat bernie in the primary" or whatever weird ulterior motive you think there is here... it's just pretty fucking clear by now that biden is a dogshit candidate who's only won the primary through dnc aid & is going to get shagged in the general.

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
it's impossible to argue with you on this. Those who dislike Biden see him as someone who is going to get Trump re-elected, they speak from a point of anti-conservatism and see neoliberalism as a sure ticket to depress turnout and repeat the mistakes of 2016.

Meanwhile you view it as a necessity to align yourself with whoever the "not Trump" candidate is, and any dissent as right wing propaganda, because candidacy revolves around inspiring turnout, so people saying "hey Clinton-lite is a terrible candidate to fight Trump" is viewed as befitting the rise of Republicans.

Come election time no one wins this lol. Biden gets elected and "nothing fundamentally changes." Trump gets elected and progressives get 4 years to say "I told you so" to neoliberals and hope that come 2024 they don't make the same mistakes (they will).

no one is "rooting" for Trump, they just don't have faith that Biden can actually beat Trump, and u pointing to Congressional polling districts or just repeating "Mitch McConnell graveyard" and "HR1" doesn't actually inspire anything. Not being inspired by Biden bc he's just a dementia ridden senile old man doesn't mean we're all suddenly right wing, you have to be a lunatic to believe that and it's especially ironic considering that message is coming from someone who believes in "realism" in politics. You're literally the dude in the printer meme except you're saying "nooooo don't think the 77 year old is senile nooooo my candidate relies on people turning out for him you're a republican shill noooooo"

no-one's going "i really hope trump wins because biden beat bernie in the primary" or whatever weird ulterior motive you think there is here... it's just pretty fucking clear by now that biden is a dogshit candidate who's only won the primary through dnc aid & is going to get shagged in the general.
"Biden is a dogshit candidate" is a grievance. There are no facts or the slightest bit of analytics to back it up. Coming from Sanders supporters it is just sour grapes especially when the attacks levied at Biden are personal smears first propagated by right-wing outlets.

it's impossible to argue with you on this. Those who dislike Biden see him as someone who is going to get Trump re-elected, they speak from a point of anti-conservatism and see neoliberalism as a sure ticket to depress turnout and repeat the mistakes of 2016.

Meanwhile you view it as a necessity to align yourself with whoever the "not Trump" candidate is, and any dissent as right wing propaganda, because candidacy revolves around inspiring turnout, so people saying "hey Clinton-lite is a terrible candidate to fight Trump" is viewed as befitting the rise of Republicans.

Come election time no one wins this lol. Biden gets elected and "nothing fundamentally changes." Trump gets elected and progressives get 4 years to say "I told you so" to neoliberals and hope that come 2024 they don't make the same mistakes (they will).

no one is "rooting" for Trump, they just don't have faith that Biden can actually beat Trump, and u pointing to Congressional polling districts or just repeating "Mitch McConnell graveyard" and "HR1" doesn't actually inspire anything. Not being inspired by Biden bc he's just a dementia ridden senile old man doesn't mean we're all suddenly right wing, you have to be a lunatic to believe that and it's especially ironic considering that message is coming from someone who believes in "realism" in politics. You're literally the dude in the printer meme except you're saying "nooooo don't think the 77 year old is senile nooooo my candidate relies on people turning out for him you're a republican shill noooooo"
The turnout argument has been debunked. Negative partisanship drives turnout. People don't vote because of some "inspirational" tingly feeling. They vote because they are angry.

There you go again - "nothing will fundamentally change" with Biden while we are staring at Democratic tidal wive with similar margins as 2018, as the anti-Trump, pro-Democratic political environment has not changed. Political environment overrides any one candidate, which is what the Bernie supporters just don't seem to grasp. People who voted for Biden over Sanders so far in the primary don't hate Sanders; we mostly agree with his issues and actually like him. Unfortunately, the political environment is dictated this primary (as it does with every election). So knock off the personal smears.

You wouldn’t expect any of these 70+ year old candidates to do the same?
Biden’s health looks more in question than the others, and the timing should be raising eyebrows because he hasn’t been seen in a few days and his health is degenerating. I don’t think the Biden camp is being transparent about his issues, it really feels like something else is going on personally.

So we’re fully into “Hillary trips getting into a van IS SHE DEATHLY ILL” territory already with the conspiracy theories? Or is it more likely that the front runner, who’s winning despite little in the way of fundraising and rallies to begin with, is doing the smart thing and self quarantining with a potentially deadly, easily transmissible virus everywhere?

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
this dude is 77 years old with displayable dementia, its not a conspiracy theory to question his health and its not a conspiracy theory to wonder why his caretakers arent being transparent

and yes i do think bernie having a heart attack is a problem

Celticpride of course I’d never suggest he should not be self quarantining, but the other 2 guys in this thing have been very much on the map online. The reasoning I’ve heard to the best of my knowledge is the “high ceiling” thing (which doesn’t really pass the smell test imo). Maybe he’s tired, maybe he’s sick and needs to rest a lot, maybe they just don’t think he should be in front of a camera right now. But that’s not what they’re saying, and transparency counts. Would appreciate not having a general concern (which I’m sure a lot of people not opposed to Biden have too) being equated to a conspiracy theory, thanks; this is not at ALL comparable to whatever Hillary thing you seem to be referencing (off the top of my head I don’t even recognize it, but I didn’t follow twitter much back then so)

Sam

i say it's all just wind in sails
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
biden has been on tv and
Celticpride of course I’d never suggest he should not be self quarantining, but the other 2 guys in this thing have been very much on the map online. The reasoning I’ve heard to the best of my knowledge is the “high ceiling” thing (which doesn’t really pass the smell test imo). Maybe he’s tired, maybe he’s sick and needs to rest a lot, maybe they just don’t think he should be in front of a camera right now. But that’s not what they’re saying, and transparency counts. Would appreciate not having a general concern (which I’m sure a lot of people not opposed to Biden have too) being equated to a conspiracy theory, thanks; this is not at ALL comparable to whatever Hillary thing you seem to be referencing (off the top of my head I don’t even recognize it, but I didn’t follow twitter much back then so)
https://www.latimes.com/politics/st...as-coronavirus-pandemic-freezes-2020-campaign

Not surprising for Biden, he’s doing a lot of talking. He said he spends up to seven hours a day on the phone — talking with governors, senators, House members, mayors, policy experts and hospital officials. And of course he talks to his own policy and political staffs, who also are mostly working from home, spread along the Eastern Seaboard.

Celticpride of course I’d never suggest he should not be self quarantining, but the other 2 guys in this thing have been very much on the map online.
You do realize that both Trump and Sanders have an active office where they have to make decisions, which naturally puts them in the spotlights. Biden currently does not occupy any office so of course he mainly does some behind the screens work. That automatically makes him less visible. And yeah, suggesting there is something wrong with Biden without any substabtial evidence is, in fact, a conspiracy theory (although termi's comment was way more conspiracy than yours, since yours can be read as a general concern and need for transparancy).

Last edited:
You do realize that both Trump and Sanders have an active office where they have to make decisions, which naturally puts them in the spotlights. Biden currently does not occupy any office so of course he mainly does some behind the screens work. That automatically makes him less visible. And yeah, suggesting there is something wrong with Biden without any substabtial evidence is, in fact, a conspiracy theory (although termi's comment was way more conspiracy than yours, since yours can be read as a general concern and need for transparancy).
i understand that completely, he's also running for president. a lot of what bernie is doing is in his capacity and platform as a presidential candidate, not just as a senator, so i don't think you can let biden off the hook for that. there is a general understanding that biden's camp is hiding him, and this definitely doesn't help the case that he is not (maybe it's strategic for them to do so, but that in itself presents a very worrying warning for the future). i really don't see how you guys see absolutely nothing wrong with biden (there's so much video at this point), but a lot of supposed diagnoses don't have official substantiation so i'll give you that one.
biden has been on tv and

https://www.latimes.com/politics/st...as-coronavirus-pandemic-freezes-2020-campaign

Not surprising for Biden, he’s doing a lot of talking. He said he spends up to seven hours a day on the phone — talking with governors, senators, House members, mayors, policy experts and hospital officials. And of course he talks to his own policy and political staffs, who also are mostly working from home, spread along the Eastern Seaboard.
as of a few days ago, he was AWOL for a whole week so... his tv appearance was also kind of a mess ftr. the clip i've seen of him talking about the virus in it is weird at best

edit: found some clips that sorta show what im talking about

good for him that he's doing calls. those aren't the only people he's accountable to. i didn't know he was talking to that extent behind the scenes, i know he'd been on calls with donors and stuff and away from the public eye mostly. i'm glad he's doing this, but he needs to step up his message to the public -- and daily at that, because we have a rapidly unfolding economic crisis -- massively. the fact that having to shift online basically froze his campaign also isn't a good sign, this stuff is not that hard to set up especially with the funds a presidential campaign has.

in terms of the actual message he should be putting out, biden should really be using this time to actually appeal to the left imo--it's probably the biggest low-propensity voter group (in a biden v trump matchup) he can pull to his side. he's already alienated a significant portion of that base and i think he's gonna increase the number within that contingent if he doesn't make an effort to move left on policy or present better platforms in case of a national crisis. really nothing he's done so far has been reassuring as someone who wants to see trump gone

Last edited:

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...undering-coronavirus-crisis#comment-139189003

i hope to be very wrong abt covid-19 not sinking trump, but looks like we;re gonna get 4 more years. ppl like the dynamics of trump, they like his tone and his optics. They look for any rationalization to continue supporting him and a crises just means more fear to make ppl dumb and get them to start drinking the kool-aid out of denial that things could be as bad as they are (they want to keep their optimism). the democratic leadership is completely clueless and unprepared for how to deal with substance-less con-artists such as this. also the justice department has asked for emergency powers to detain ppl without due process: i.e this administration has now reached the phase where the weight of the mismanagement and crimes grow to a Brazilian-esque level, and so the administration prepares for the next move, which is to lock up political opponents in order to maintain the optics.

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Screenshot_20200325-094220_Chrome.jpg

remains interesting as a european to see american MSM reporting like this. they have completely normalized the amount of power wall street and big business have over politics, absolutely no critical note whatsoever. does anyone really believe the democratic leadership will try to get money out of politics when they are so openly serving the interests of capitalists?

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
Those who dislike Biden see him as someone who is going to get Trump re-elected, they speak from a point of anti-conservatism and see neoliberalism as a sure ticket to depress turnout and repeat the mistakes of 2016.
You aren't speaking from a point of anti-conservatism, you're speaking from a point of ignorance. To believe Biden would depress turnout compared to Bernie is utterly delusional.

Biden had one of the poorest campaigns, but he set record turnout, swept multiple states where he didn't spend a penny, built an incredibly diverse coalition, and walked out of every attack totally unscathed.

Bernie had the most resources of any campaign (bar Bloomberg), but he had shit turnout, got swept in multiple states that he won in 2016 (including swing states), totally failed to expand his coalition, and alienated all of his potential political allies.

Even in 2018, every single Bernie-endorsed candidate lost. Meanwhile, the "establishment" candidates flipped the House.

You'd have to reject all of the data, polling, and results that we have to conclude that Bernie is a stronger candidate than Biden.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)