NOC Fire and Ice (9-2-2 Multiball) [won by town]

Liking Caffeine more since I last checked in. Think as scum he usually feels over-the-top and superficial, which doesn't look to be the case here.

Also vibe with Amy's case for scum!heury, but not her case for town!Thunder (mostly because Thunder in my experience doesn't make reads based on the # of scum in the game regardless of whether it's at the forefront of his mind or not).

1) He said in the pregame he was gonna do it. 2) One of the cases on Caff was that he's scum becuase he's pinging to signal his partner, you. 3) Caff is being Caff, whereas Heury hasn't done any fishing this time around.
This is the first thing that actually gets my attention, because there was a whole thing in CK9++ about people making reads like this. It became a whole thing because I started drawing attention to it and making it a thing, but Panic was in agreement with me on reads like this not being a good look, even specifying that he felt scum/town conditional reads were alright but not scum/scum conditional reads.

Probably gonna end up low-efforting this game more tbh. U-Turn Out last game's AFK was more a result of not having time to regularly check in during D3 and less feeling pressured (although that def didn't help).

Unvote Thunder~BALLZ; Vote: Panic Station

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Ease up on font shenanigans. iirc it's against the rules.
There's a rule against fonts? For real?
Yeah, small fonts are in the general rules alongside encryption and using ISPOILER.
Apparently there's one against small text. From now on, I shall only convey whispering with obnoxiously large text.

also Thunder~BALLZ
CaffeineBoost I literally just copied the general rules from your last game @_@ Obviously there was no intention to actually cheat or leave hidden/coded messages, so for now it's fine. I'm really not sure if Smogon even has impossible-to-read small text. I won't outright ban small text as long as it's done in a way that's still visible / not done in a way to legitimately hide any messages. Specifically, placing small text next to a big blank space or next to an image might very well cause a user to not even see the text (and thus shouldn't be done), but if it's just small text right next to normal text in a way that it's still visible, then I'm fine with it.

Vote: Panic Station

I don't remember them being so tunnelly. Still catching up.
Remember to bold posts pls, I have not counted your latest vote since it's not bold.

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Page 9 rn

dusk is making a lot of silly filler posts and it's not a town read rn
---------
Page 11/12 rn

Dusk continues to quote other players and react to them with half thought out posts and it's still not a town read
How he's playing rn actually is what I was talking about with scum!caffbo
---------
that's distancing right?

right?
ping
---------
Am now caught up; Basic lizard brain thoughts:

Panic station's avatar is actually really distracting

Monkey Brain thoughts:

Will Sultan of Skook skate by this game by saying they are eternally catching up and then going to do something else? who knows? find out next time on whenever my brain decides to function again!

Higher Cortex Thoughts:

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Page 9 rn

dusk is making a lot of silly filler posts and it's not a town read rn
---------
Page 11/12 rn

Dusk continues to quote other players and react to them with half thought out posts and it's still not a town read
How he's playing rn actually is what I was talking about with scum!caffbo
---------

ping
---------
Am now caught up; Basic lizard brain thoughts:

Panic station's avatar is actually really distracting

Monkey Brain thoughts:

Will Sultan of Skook skate by this game by saying they are eternally catching up and then going to do something else? who knows? find out next time on whenever my brain decides to function again!

Higher Cortex Thoughts:
Fuck I didn't mean to post yet expect more

Time for a real reads list

1. CaffeineBoost - Some of the effort looks decent, I just don't like how they just backed down from one of their reads when it was under scrutiny - seems noncommittal. Scum lean
2. Duskfall98 - The player in this bunch that I am most familiar with, seems to be within their town meta
3. OM - Confirmed and did nothing else, but has posted elsewhere. Basically just active lurking at this point. GTH scum, after all, two of the three most inactive people D1 last game were scum
4. Panic Station - Looks mostly fine. Was a bit weirded out by their tunneling of heury based on one thing from another game, but looking back at CK9 they were mostly talking about previous games D1 too. Town lean
5. Ampharos - Contributions look genuine enough, town read.
6. Thunder~BALLZ - The most null out of everyone who posted, their posts have really not made me feel anything. I guess GTH town since I have enough scum leans
7. Texas Cloverleaf - Sheeping Ampharos, buddying Duskfall, and posting shallow one liners. Scum read.
8. Fenrir Aesir - I don't really like them saying that they're going to be "low-efforting", seems like an excuse. Scum lean
9. Waterlily3 - The first slot that really looked bad to me. Their posts have not been very helpful and they seem to be avoiding discussing any suspicion of them. Scum read.
10. U-Turn Out - Not too much posts but seems to be contributing with them. Town lean
11. heuryalone - Their playstyle does seem to be a bit... normal? compared to last game. On their own though, I don't really see anything that pings me in his posts. GTH town
12. Sultan of Skook - Is awesome
13. Shubaka17 - A decent contributor. Their reads list doesn't have details on some people, and I expect them to hold to their promise of finishing it, but for now, town lean.

Time for a real reads list

1. CaffeineBoost - Some of the effort looks decent, I just don't like how they just backed down from one of their reads when it was under scrutiny - seems noncommittal. Scum lean
2. Duskfall98 - The player in this bunch that I am most familiar with, seems to be within their town meta
3. OM - Confirmed and did nothing else, but has posted elsewhere. Basically just active lurking at this point. GTH scum, after all, two of the three most inactive people D1 last game were scum
4. Panic Station - Looks mostly fine. Was a bit weirded out by their tunneling of heury based on one thing from another game, but looking back at CK9 they were mostly talking about previous games D1 too. Town lean
5. Ampharos - Contributions look genuine enough, town read.
6. Thunder~BALLZ - The most null out of everyone who posted, their posts have really not made me feel anything. I guess GTH town since I have enough scum leans
7. Texas Cloverleaf - Sheeping Ampharos, buddying Duskfall, and posting shallow one liners. Scum read.
8. Fenrir Aesir - I don't really like them saying that they're going to be "low-efforting", seems like an excuse. Scum lean
9. Waterlily3 - The first slot that really looked bad to me. Their posts have not been very helpful and they seem to be avoiding discussing any suspicion of them. Scum read.
10. U-Turn Out - Not too much posts but seems to be contributing with them. Town lean
11. heuryalone - Their playstyle does seem to be a bit... normal? compared to last game. On their own though, I don't really see anything that pings me in his posts. GTH town
12. Sultan of Skook - Is awesome
13. Shubaka17 - A decent contributor. Their reads list doesn't have details on some people, and I expect them to hold to their promise of finishing it, but for now, town lean.
I have been typing up in depth analysis complete with quotes and links, and it's taking longer than expected given that activity has ticked up for three of the players since I said I'd push it out. Doesn't help that I need to drive somewhere literally every two hours. I'm trying to get it done before 830 PM PDT (like an hour), but no promises, as I have to go drive Again...

I like the one-liner attack on Texas ha irony but the Dusk read feels off. maybe it's just because I don't know dusk that well, but we'll see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)