NOC Fire and Ice (9-2-2 Multiball) [won by town]

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
is a Community Contributor
Some of the effort looks decent, I just don't like how they just backed down from one of their reads when it was under scrutiny - seems noncommittal.
Fair but it was a shit read.

OM seems towny. This doesn't seem like a time where scum would make a wallpost a la me in that one game where I made a shit fake wallpost that effectively painted me red.

I haven't really got much else to say, I'm satisfied enough with where my scumpass is currently pointing. Hopefully things don't go south.

CaffeineBoost

I did have one strange thought but it's not fully formed so I probably shouldn't say anything until I've actually done some research... which will happen tomorrow because it's 4am

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Page 9 rn

dusk is making a lot of silly filler posts and it's not a town read rn
---------
Page 11/12 rn

Dusk continues to quote other players and react to them with half thought out posts and it's still not a town read
How he's playing rn actually is what I was talking about with scum!caffbo
---------

ping
---------
Am now caught up; Basic lizard brain thoughts:

Panic station's avatar is actually really distracting

Monkey Brain thoughts:

Will Sultan of Skook skate by this game by saying they are eternally catching up and then going to do something else? who knows? find out next time on whenever my brain decides to function again!

Higher Cortex Thoughts:
Scum Reads:

As already posted - Duskfall seems to be just be lying low and reacting to what other players in the game are posting with half thought out posts or posts that are thought out but completely nonsensical and it doesn't seem town indicative really. Either dudes burnt out on mafia and needs a break, he's scum or both. no inbetweens.

Fen is scum and will be subbed out by day 4.

Heury - Every one of his posts feels like background noise which is bad when he actually seems to be trying to interact and push people. Either he's scum trying to figure out which angle to stick with, super, super low effort town or super new.

NAI reads:

Waterlily3 - more like where is lily 3 haha xd. fsr they seem to still be in early d1 mode and i'm not sure if I like that or not
Ampharos - Their content is good and coming out at a good rate but ngl their tone is giving off weird vibes that I can't get over. This is one of the posts that struck me odd.
SoS - They're posting readlists but those readlists aren't actually giving me much information to go off of outside of basic thoughts on everyone. Kinda want to see him more insistent on pushing waterlily (or really just interacting with everyone more) here because he seems like background noise ngl
U-Turn Out - On one side I want to say both them and dusk are scum together but on the other that's way too fucking obvious and way too early to tell. Otherwise looks to be trying to contribute and seems tonally consistent. Really stuck on this first point here for them though.

Town Reads:

TBZ is town, and he will be subbed out by day 3.

Texas is making me smile and for this he gets a fancy shmancy day 1 pass (where he passes day 1 without a hitch)

Shubaka seems keen to keep day activity up and the content he does post is certainly interesting so far. Most of the read I have on him is tonally basically, but I'd like to see this aforementioned megapost he has in the works first before I give anything hard. I tentatively do write him down as a townlean.

Panic Station: He doesn't seem like background noise but lizard brain keeps looking at his avatar when I try to break down his posts. Most of the stuff he posts seems in-meta (he's KoC right?)

Yes:

CaffeineBoost was originally one of the townie(r/st) players in the game despite the low content, simply due to tone / meta. Last two pages though he seems to be reacting to readsonings posted by other players and trying to lean into them more (maybe so they think he's townier???) and the faux outrage is driving me up the wall. His original merit is still there so I actually feel super flipping flip floppy on the slot rn

Lynch Duskfall98

Side Note: can we not refer to Lol I'm Scum is Lolis it makes me think u guys are talkin bout some weird shit and threw me for a loop or two whilst backreading a bit

Tier 1: Scum Reads
1. CaffeineBoost - has returned to the thread and done really Nothing to remove suspicion and doubt. had a hot fast and heavy interaction with Dusk to try and limit one falling after another like the two dominoes they are, pencil the two of them in as a scum team from me.
post #317 from Dusk |
unvote

i think changing his mind that quick is towny
I'm not going to begrudge you a read, but i'm going to hit on this read because,,, seriously? idk, strikes me as a mindset when people change from an opinion i agree with that's scummy and when people change to one i agree with that's townie, except with two people who know they need to be friendly. now townreading OM by pointing out a previous game where CB (self) was scum. Yuck.
Panic Station -
post #245 | 1) He said in the pregame he was gonna do it. 2) One of the cases on Caff was that he's scum becuase he's pinging to signal his partner, you. 3) Caff is being Caff, whereas Heury hasn't done any fishing this time around.
the Heury wagon confuses me still, and the focus on a prior game is less than ideal. Asking for links to other games irks me, and i don't think there's a single post of his that rings as Town Scum Hunting. WIFOM says why would a mafia member skyline himself so heavily so early, but i'll trust my gut to say he's >:(
post #108 |
unvote

Okay.

1. CaffeineBoost - Town
2. Duskfall98 - Town
3. OM - Scum
4. Panic Station - Town
5. Ampharos - Scum
6. Thunder~BALLZ - Town
7. Texas Cloverleaf - Town
8. Fenrir Aesir - Town
9. Waterlily3 - Town
10. U-Turn Out - Town
11. heuryalone - Scum
12. Sultan of Skook - Town
13. Shubaka17 - Scum

One of those Townreads is begrudging, guess which one. (Hint: hateboner)
the quickreads he dropped seem to point at, what, me/Amy one maf, OM/Heury other maf? sure i could see me/Amy being a maf, Amy came out the gates and townread me, and I continue to townread her, but at time of this list Amy hadn't even confirmed in thread yet, and OM had (and still has) just confirmation in thread.
3. Duskfall98 - the reason we started talking about LOLIS is because Dusk dropped an LOL I'm Scum statement, and spent the rest of Early D1 trying to defend it and meme around it. now has plenty of riffing with both PS and CB that I can't be surprised if 2/3 flip scum and the third manages to hard carry to lylo.
Post #260 | Hi Texas your cute xxx
Post #261 | You're *
this is just one example of throwing posts into the wind in an effort to dilute the conversation, and i'm getting the vibe that it's probably half of TBZ, Dusk, and CB's posts.
4. Waterlily3 - meme'd, also LOLIS, but listens to kpop and has Jisen as pfp so i'll lynch her later. I'm confused on your timezone WaterLily3 , you were active for plenty of yesterday, but then haven't posted for nearly 12 hours. Like, you straight up said you're
Post #71 | I'm in my home cuz of corona and lockdown
so where's the activity that would be there on a saturday? lmao received some slight backpush and hasn't reassessed a strategy yet i suppose.
5.Thunder~BALLZ - god i hate your playstyle. I'm probably irrationally over-analyzing your play as scummy bc of it, but then we also have times like
Post # 271 |
ok my vote is parked

see you on day 2
when you haven't voted since RVS. Sure, the vote is on CB, but you provided such BS reasoning that I can't stand by it.
Post #97 |
Hi water lily love the pfp

VOTE: CaffeineBoost

false advertising I joined this game to get pinged in every single one of your posts (swear this is a legitimate read)
but then the below quote makes me doubt myself, and is why you're outside the top4 and WL is in the top4.
Post #271 | counterwagons just always sus me out in general though (also I'm pretty null on heury but I do wanna hear why he townreads caffbo still)
Tier 2: Inactive MFers
6. Texas Cloverleaf - memes and one liners abound. i've only played with TryHard!Texas, but allegedly this is the new Texas. not the worst player i've ever seen (was it Whydon? Flyhn? someone actively disrupted discussion even as villager and it was super aggravating) but not what I was hoping for
7. heuryalone - very little content or volume now that I look back at it. I suppose past-game-meta would allow one to scumread Heury off of this, but it's not enough to convince me. NAI either way, heuryalone git gud.
8. Fenrir Aesir - still super low volume. the post about this being a hype PL still rubs me wrong, but maybe it's just FanBoy!Fen. Defends his own and UTO's low effort this game, possible Idle!Villagers both of them, but if one flips then the other is bound to also. For five posts, provides better reads than most people above him on this list.
Tier 3: Townier than most
9. Sultan of Skook - are you new? i've never seen you before but that doesn't mean ur new, i just don't read this forum as much as i used to. Just put out a decent read list, but could use some substance beyond brief thoughts. 13 brief thoughts in one post is better than 13 posts of it, but try to flesh em out more please.
Post 347 |

Time for a real reads list

1. CaffeineBoost - Some of the effort looks decent, I just don't like how they just backed down from one of their reads when it was under scrutiny - seems noncommittal. Scum lean
Good, and i realize the posts in question seem obvious on your read, but could you provide examples on backing down? helps rereads
2. Duskfall98 - The player in this bunch that I am most familiar with, seems to be within their town meta
Could you provide examples?
3. OM - Confirmed and did nothing else, but has posted elsewhere. Basically just active lurking at this point. GTH scum, after all, two of the three most inactive people D1 last game were scum
You already altered this one, props where props are due
4. Panic Station - Looks mostly fine. Was a bit weirded out by their tunneling of heury based on one thing from another game, but looking back at CK9 they were mostly talking about previous games D1 too. Town lean
5. Ampharos - Contributions look genuine enough, town read.
6. Thunder~BALLZ - The most null out of everyone who posted, their posts have really not made me feel anything. I guess GTH town since I have enough scum leans
You can never have too many scum reads
7. Texas Cloverleaf - Sheeping Ampharos, buddying Duskfall, and posting shallow one liners. Scum read.
8. Fenrir Aesir - I don't really like them saying that they're going to be "low-efforting", seems like an excuse. Scum lean
9. Waterlily3 - The first slot that really looked bad to me. Their posts have not been very helpful and they seem to be avoiding discussing any suspicion of them. Scum read.
10. U-Turn Out - Not too much posts but seems to be contributing with them. Town lean
11. heuryalone - Their playstyle does seem to be a bit... normal? compared to last game. On their own though, I don't really see anything that pings me in his posts. GTH town
12. Sultan of Skook - Is awesome
13. Shubaka17 - A decent contributor. Their reads list doesn't have details on some people, and I expect them to hold to their promise of finishing it, but for now, town lean.
flesh out your scum reads, you have three inactives as scum, and then one
10. U-Turn Out - still low content, but similar to Fen in that he provides decent content in few posts. Town reading Amy and Amy's town reads is yuck, but maybe game really is just that easy.
11. Ampharos - giving town reads and defending them, which leaves room for improvement. two town reads doesn't make someone scum, but it does deflect heat when it's 2v2v7. if this is scum Amy, then we're in for a long game :/
12. OM - decent analysis from early game considering he AFK'd. no lock yet, but hard town lean in my eyes.
13. Shubaka17 - long posts take literally hours, i think i'm done with those for now. future posts will be limited to correcting people using my wrong pronouns, and lynches.

FUCK i hit post, i wanted to proofread again before i sent it out. feel free to read, most of it should be fine, just grammar and phrasing i wanted to have be Pristine for when host refers back to it in the postgame and all the awards are showered on me

Side Note: can we not refer to Lol I'm Scum is Lolis it makes me think u guys are talkin bout some weird shit and threw me for a loop or two whilst backreading a bit
no, i asked an objective discord chat of non-players and they agree that LOLIS is the best reason to lynch someone.

Scum Reads:

As already posted - Duskfall seems to be just be lying low and reacting to what other players in the game are posting with half thought out posts or posts that are thought out but completely nonsensical and it doesn't seem town indicative really. Either dudes burnt out on mafia and needs a break, he's scum or both. no inbetweens.

Fen is scum and will be subbed out by day 4.

Heury - Every one of his posts feels like background noise which is bad when he actually seems to be trying to interact and push people. Either he's scum trying to figure out which angle to stick with, super, super low effort town or super new.

NAI reads:

Waterlily3 - more like where is lily 3 haha xd. fsr they seem to still be in early d1 mode and i'm not sure if I like that or not
Ampharos - Their content is good and coming out at a good rate but ngl their tone is giving off weird vibes that I can't get over. This is one of the posts that struck me odd.
SoS - They're posting readlists but those readlists aren't actually giving me much information to go off of outside of basic thoughts on everyone. Kinda want to see him more insistent on pushing waterlily (or really just interacting with everyone more) here because he seems like background noise ngl
U-Turn Out - On one side I want to say both them and dusk are scum together but on the other that's way too fucking obvious and way too early to tell. Otherwise looks to be trying to contribute and seems tonally consistent. Really stuck on this first point here for them though.

Town Reads:

TBZ is town, and he will be subbed out by day 3.

Texas is making me smile and for this he gets a fancy shmancy day 1 pass (where he passes day 1 without a hitch)

Shubaka seems keen to keep day activity up and the content he does post is certainly interesting so far. Most of the read I have on him is tonally basically, but I'd like to see this aforementioned megapost he has in the works first before I give anything hard. I tentatively do write him down as a townlean.

Panic Station: He doesn't seem like background noise but lizard brain keeps looking at his avatar when I try to break down his posts. Most of the stuff he posts seems in-meta (he's KoC right?)

Yes:

CaffeineBoost was originally one of the townie(r/st) players in the game despite the low content, simply due to tone / meta. Last two pages though he seems to be reacting to readsonings posted by other players and trying to lean into them more (maybe so they think he's townier???) and the faux outrage is driving me up the wall. His original merit is still there so I actually feel super flipping flip floppy on the slot rn

Lynch Duskfall98

Fuck you (ily bb :pleadingface:)

I’ll probably try and make more substantive posts tomorrow since I hopefully won’t have a headache tomorrow. Caffeine ftr your spam pings have actually kept me checking the thread so thx

CaffeineBoost

Town: om, amp, uto
Scum: heury, probably lily, probably fenrir

Everyone else is null but also I'm slightly iffy on Texas... ik his new meta is meant to be super low effort but I also feel that something is off.

Sure, the vote is on CB, but you provided such BS reasoning that I can't stand by it.
Half a mindmeld here. The parking space was the opposite of his RVS. His play this game seems to be nologicformekthxbai and I hate it.

Also, I think Sultan's newish? At the least, he was in the last game and his play there was best described as lowkey tryhard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)